• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Low fields dream team in Aljunied.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
IT'S confirmed. Workers' Party chief Low Thia Khiang is contesting in Aljunied GRC, with a team of five.

The WP team has filed their nomination papers at the Deyi Secondary School in Ang Mo Kio.

The other candidates in the team are chairman Sylvia Lim, 45, corporate lawyer Chen Show Mao, 50, Mr Pritam Singh, 34, a postgraduate law student, and Mr Muhamad Faisal Manap, 35, a freelance counseller.

WP party candidate Yaw Shin Leong will take Mr Low's place in Hougang. Mr Yaw, 34, owner of an enrichment programme developing who stood in the 2006 elections, will square off PAP's Desmond Choo.

Mr Low, 54, was the four-term MP for Hougang, which he won in 1991.

Asked by reporters if he was contesting Aljunied earlier on Wednesday morning, Mr Low told reporters moments before boarding the bus to Deyi centre: 'By now, you should know where I'm going.'

The WP team in Aljunied will face off the PAP's team led by Foreign Minister George Yeo, whose teammates include Minister Lim Hwee Hua, 52, Senior Minister of State Zainul Abidin Rasheed, 63, Ms Cynthia Phua, 52, and newcomer Ong Ye Kung, 41, a unionist.

They will be fighting for the hearts and minds of 143,148 voters, who include 20,000 from Marine Parade's Kaki Bukit ward. The Aljunied GRC is made up of Bedok reservoir-Punggol, Serangoon, Eunos, Paya Lebar and Kaki Bukit wards.

In the 2006 general election, the PAP team beat the Workers Party with 56.1 per cent of the votes.

As news of the WP team entering the Aljunied fray spread among PAP supporters, there was a heightened sense of excitement . 'It will be a big battle,' said one.

Mrs Jennifer Yeo, wife of Mr George Yeo, told The Straits Times at the nomination centre: 'We will look forward to a good fight.'

PAP's Hougang candidate Desmond Choo, said he would have to fight hard.

'WP has been there for 20 years. People are attached to Low Thia Khiang. But nothing has changed.'

Asked about his chances he said: 'I can't count my chickens before they are hatched. Voters will have to decide whether they want Yaw Shin Leong or PAP who can give them a better future.'

http://www.straitstimes.com/GeneralElection/News/Story/STIStory_661695.html

1 GRC going to opposition this election. Will Goh Meng Seng do the same at Tampines?

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1 GRC going to opposition this election. Will Goh Meng Seng do the same at Tampines?

:biggrin:

http://char-azn.xanga.com/

Vote wisely, we need to stop all these nonsense. If the opposition cannot do it themselves, let us do it for them!!!! Don't let your hatred for the ruling party blind you from making the right decision. If the opposition parties send jokers or the parties like SDP, SDA or RP which itself is a joke. Do not vote for them. If you refuse to vote PAP, spoil your vote. Let your vote tell them that we will not stand for this nonsense.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

w220219692.jpg

The opposition can field in all the dream teams they can but the fault lies with most Spore voters who are retarded and will vote in PAP despite getting screwed in the ass for decades!! I wont be suprised PAP makes a clean sweep this election.

wowentian

Alfrescian
Loyal
The opposition can field in all the dream teams they can but the fault lies with most Spore voters who are retarded and will vote in PAP despite getting screwed in the ass for decades!! I wont be suprised PAP makes a clean sweep this election.

I think so too! Unless most Spore voters visit sammyboy.com for unfiltered GE news/info, the mindset of most struggling Spore voters is put a tick on lightning logo during voting day. Sad....

leoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
all opp parties arsenals r station thru'out
pap can hide but they cannot run

star brigade gunning down @aljunied
ace battalion cannon @holland-bkt timah
prize regiment bombing @bishan-tpy
3rd div squadron @ sembawang
hometurf armor @tampines
star legion @Moulmein-Kallang

its a all round battle d ruling party can ask for

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I know Worker Party "A" team is going to contest in Aljunied GRC, I would have sold my house and relocate there to support them. These are the team I have always been looking for to represent me in parliament.

Actually not to late also, if Worker Party win, I am going to shift house to Paya Lebar and be part of their family.

Any home agent here?

Last edited:

williamsF1

Alfrescian
Loyal
this time round, i think the stadiums will roar like the days of kallang stadium

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/99VKGIpIOiE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this time round, i think the stadiums will roar like the days of kallang stadium

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/99VKGIpIOiE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

The turnout at Aljunied rally will be thousand times greater than YOG. I think I have given too much honour to YOG by comparing it with LTK rally.