• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

lousy STI

JackyCheung

Alfrescian
Loyal
looks at QnM
another medical counter will also cheong.

go to take your pick now. financial report more solid than QnM

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
18 lot STE and 10lot semb marine
well, do u have singtel?

singtel is sitting huge paper profit gain now, 21%. wonder should i sell..

Me No Like SIng & Tell.....make my profits, from MAS, Air Asia, Lippo Malls, Asian Pay T Trust, OUE Trust etc..collected dividends & profits, last year, bought myself a brand new 40" TV, Hi Fi Set with TT & speakers...B&W speakers...

kinda relaxing this year....nothing 'juicy' at the moment...last year, was a GOOD YEAR!

JackyCheung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me No Like SIng & Tell.....make my profits, from MAS, Air Asia, Lippo Malls, Asian Pay T Trust, OUE Trust etc..collected dividends & profits, last year, bought myself a brand new 40" TV, Hi Fi Set with TT & speakers...B&W speakers...

kinda relaxing this year....nothing 'juicy' at the moment...last year, was a GOOD YEAR!

agree with u. i have my gain from my us share, apple, BAC
singtel n ocbc also my big gain last year.

bought oil n gas counter n sink deep now.

hahahaha.

this year didn buy any yet. selling one counter n earn pocket money 2k.
then collect dividend only....

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
where is uncle uvwxyz

long time didn hear from him

Hi, me looking at cityspring infrastructure trust at the moment. There is going to be some kind of merger with Keppel infrastructure trust. They are going to form some kind of enlarged trust.

Got the brocure but cannot fully understand whats going on.

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Also buying some Noble @ 0.85 and 0.86 cents. Hope for the best this counter. Its been whacked down by hedge funds but got support from some institutions.

JackyCheung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also buying some Noble @ 0.85 and 0.86 cents. Hope for the best this counter. Its been whacked down by hedge funds but got support from some institutions.

commodity and oil n gas need to hold long long term leh.

well, that infrastructure trust thing. i am interested also.

also, i am saving for singapore saving bond:smile:

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
commodity and oil n gas need to hold long long term leh.

well, that infrastructure trust thing. i am interested also.

also, i am saving for singapore saving bond:smile:

The bonds very safe but returns not very good compared to your singtel shares. If you want to put money in the bonds then its better not to sell your singtel as the dividend yield is better than the bonds.

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
THE WEEK AHEAD

SINGAPORE | EQUITIES | STRATEGY

 Big Picture: 2Q15 quarter preview note highlights six key things we think will be different

 Big Picture: Our analysis shows that the Dogs of the Dow strategy seems to work in Singapore.

 Stay long and strong in the US equity market as we think the recent consumer cooling is
temporary
 Research: some new info from our site vist to Croesus Trust’s mall in Japan, a summary of the
consumer sector vis-à-vis the SGX-listed stocks, and our bearish view on the Thai equity market.

 Top picks: DBS, SingTel, Cache Logistics, Frasers Centrepoint Trust, Sheng Siong, 800 Super

 Key take-aways: Avoid large draw-downs and don’t forget to buy unloved deep cyclicals.Current
deep cyclical “Dogs of the STI” are Noble Group, SembCorp, and Keppel Corp

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you follow STI you will realise quickly that there are magic hands moving the numbers to give false impressions n to result in the index always looking good when it is untrue

STI moving up too fast. The fastest it moves up the heavier it will fall...soon..

JackyCheung

Alfrescian
Loyal
THE WEEK AHEAD

SINGAPORE | EQUITIES | STRATEGY

 Big Picture: 2Q15 quarter preview note highlights six key things we think will be different

 Big Picture: Our analysis shows that the Dogs of the Dow strategy seems to work in Singapore.

 Stay long and strong in the US equity market as we think the recent consumer cooling is
temporary
 Research: some new info from our site vist to Croesus Trust’s mall in Japan, a summary of the
consumer sector vis-à-vis the SGX-listed stocks, and our bearish view on the Thai equity market.

 Top picks: DBS, SingTel, Cache Logistics, Frasers Centrepoint Trust, Sheng Siong, 800 Super

 Key take-aways: Avoid large draw-downs and don’t forget to buy unloved deep cyclicals.Current
deep cyclical “Dogs of the STI” are Noble Group, SembCorp, and Keppel Corp

uncle, i beg to different.
i think semb corp still cheap....

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
uncle, i beg to different.
i think semb corp still cheap....

The excerpt of the article recommends a buy on Semb Corp. Its been hit hard and is now a 'dog of the STI' ...thats when you should buy.

I bought into Noble @.85 cents and KepCorp @8.74.

JackyCheung

Alfrescian
Loyal
The excerpt of the article recommends a buy on Semb Corp. Its been hit hard and is now a 'dog of the STI' ...thats when you should buy.

I bought into Noble @.85 cents and KepCorp @8.74.

i dun like keppel corp absorp full keppel land. not sure how is affect the next quarter financial report.

now keppel corp 9.4. well. sti 3500 soon.

time to relax. wait for correction.

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dun like keppel corp absorp full keppel land. not sure how is affect the next quarter financial report.

now keppel corp 9.4. well. sti 3500 soon.

time to relax. wait for correction.

Some 'correction' will take place when the big counters like dbs, ocbc, the keppel stable of stocks and sembcorp/sembmarine go ex dividend later this month. The ensuing price drops will bring the STI down.

JackyCheung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some 'correction' will take place when the big counters like dbs, ocbc, the keppel stable of stocks and sembcorp/sembmarine go ex dividend later this month. The ensuing price drops will bring the STI down.

i have quite a number of them. should i sell?

JackyCheung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tempted to get some of the banks but they are so damn high now. Buy after ex-dividend as what uvwxyz said?

i have stationed my position in ocbc, but i sold my right issue last year. sai

well, think to get some UOB or DBS....

i think semb corp n STE got chance. today STE super strong

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have stationed my position in ocbc, but i sold my right issue last year. sai

well, think to get some UOB or DBS....

i think semb corp n STE got chance. today STE super strong

Thanks Jacky. Actually my intention is to hold them long term, like for many many years so I don't think it matters even if I buy now or after a correction.

For sembcorp and STE, are you holding them long term or you will sell after a certain percentage increase?

Re: Noble, why do people still want to buy after the hammering it has taken?