• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lor Mee stall FT dunno what Lor Mee is! (Must explain Ru Mian)

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Frens!
I follow this forum for many years alreadi. Now I cannot tahan, post for all bruder to see. We serve NS and must suffer this BS?

Today my work took me to Chai Chee. I ate at the Chai Chee 29 Food House, next to the NUTC at Chai Chee Avenue 29B. I don’t live at CC and have never been to this Food House, but based on the flower garlands outside, it just opened. It’s quite bright and new looking.

Chai Chee 29 Food House is probably trying to act ang-moh and ‘upscale’ (and up-price despite being in the middle of a lower-income factory HDB area). Their outside sign got no Chinese characters! I walked in and all the stalls have big English signs and smaller Chinese signs underneath. I went to the Teochew Noodle stall, the one with small characters chaozhou yuyuan mian underneath. There were two teenagers at the counter, both very young looking. Secondary school age actually, DEFINITELY NOT 21+. If either of these two FT have a PhD in bio-tech, I must be a monkey’s father, son and mother all at the same time.

This particular stall displayed several pictures in Chinese and English at the top. Bak chor mee, lor mee, etc.

I told the kids, ji-ay lor mee. They stare at me. So I ask them, ni men you meiyou lor mee. And they ask me in PRC Mandarin: she mo shi lor mee.

My lp and lc seriously drop. I could almost hear them fall on the floor and kenna eaten up by some running dog looking for boots to lick.

Even when I serve in army, when we exercise at LCK, ask Malay/ Indian kaki to buy lor mee, they don’t need me to teach. Kaki call me buy Mee Rebus, I don’t ask him simi si mi ler boos. WTF we let Foreign Talents come here and don’t even know what they are selling? These two FT standing right under a sign that says Lor Mee $3/4. They illiterate is it?

Luckily the boss is local (at least, speak with local accent. Malaysian possible also.) He instructed the kids how to make the lor mee. Needless to say, they DID NOT know how to make lor mee and had to be taught on the spot.

Because running dog ate my lp and lc, I feel like a helpless eunuch. At a time when two of my friends have lost their jobs, when I myself damn worried about future, when I cannot afford to get married and produce the batteries (sorry, I mean babies) to maintain Singapore’s population, I have to go to lor mee stall and order Ru Mian because sixteen year old world-class FTs have qian1 li3 zhao1 zhao1 (come from far) to kapok locals’ jobs!!!

Not to say this is a Chinese Singaporean problem. I think our Malay kakis also kenna. Maybe kenna worse, becoz as minorities they have fewer food choices. I have seen 2 Nasi Padang stalls lose their big green Halal certifications in major food court/ outlets. When I order, I find myself talking to PRCs, so I’m guessing we got some more Malay kaki forced to relac one corner because their jobs kenna taken by PRC who dunno how to meet Halal requirement. (I also tulan, because the PRC dunno how to cook Nasi Padang!)

I was so tulan that I sign up after work and post this.

Thank you, Lee Family! You bought the greatest minds on this planet to take the job of lower-qualified Singaporeans! Our elderly are selling tissue paper and cleaning toilets because they are too stupid to make lor mee!

Last edited:

Ernie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had the misfortune of having my hair cut by a PRC. Turned out to be the worst haircut of my life. Heard the Malay owner in a bid to save money, hired some cheapos from PRC who know fark all about how to cut hair. Had to spend another $10 to get it done properly by another genuine Malay barber.

U

UpYoz_olo

I had the misfortune of having my hair cut by a PRC. Turned out to be the worst haircut of my life. Heard the Malay owner in a bid to save money, hired some cheapos from PRC who know fark all about how to cut hair. Had to spend another $10 to get it done properly by another genuine Malay barber.

This is exactly the antidote needed to counter the TOXIC assets crisis, to stoke the economy! I salute the MatYOYO for this brilliant stroke of a genius. All govts please take note of A INGENIOUS ready solution.

motuiti

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a unique situation for sociologists to study.

Usually, when you go to a new society, you learn to speak their lingo, learn their customs etc. When in Rome, do as the Romans... right?

Eg, even Ang Moh's who have lived long enuf in sg speak with the lah's.

So why is it then that the PRC's will not learn to speak the local language?

Anyone care to hazard a guess?

Looks like their attitude is 'When in Singapore, do as you would in Beijing." Singaporeans are a lesser culture anyway, only 40+ years compared with 5,000 years of Chinese history. Just swamp them all and convert them. Even the non-chinese ones.

U

UpYoz_olo

Hello Frens!
I follow this forum for many years alreadi. Now I cannot tahan, post for all bruder to see. We serve NS and must suffer this BS?

Today my work took me to Chai Chee. I ate at the Chai Chee 29 Food House, next to the NUTC at Chai Chee Avenue 29B. I don’t live at CC and have never been to this Food House, but based on the flower garlands outside, it just opened. It’s quite bright and new looking.

Chai Chee 29 Food House is probably trying to act ang-moh and ‘upscale’ (and up-price despite being in the middle of a lower-income factory HDB area). Their outside sign got no Chinese characters! I walked in and all the stalls have big English signs and smaller Chinese signs underneath. I went to the Teochew Noodle stall, the one with small characters chaozhou yuyuan mian underneath. There were two teenagers at the counter, both very young looking. Secondary school age actually, DEFINITELY NOT 21+. If either of these two FT have a PhD in bio-tech, I must be a monkey’s father, son and mother all at the same time.

This particular stall displayed several pictures in Chinese and English at the top. Bak chor mee, lor mee, etc.

I told the kids, ji-ay lor mee. They stare at me. So I ask them, ni men you meiyou lor mee. And they ask me in PRC Mandarin: she mo shi lor mee.

My lp and lc seriously drop. I could almost hear them fall on the floor and kenna eaten up by some running dog looking for boots to lick.

Even when I serve in army, when we exercise at LCK, ask Malay/ Indian kaki to buy lor mee, they don’t need me to teach. Kaki call me buy Mee Rebus, I don’t ask him simi si mi ler boos. WTF we let Foreign Talents come here and don’t even know what they are selling? These two FT standing right under a sign that says Lor Mee $3/4. They illiterate is it?

Luckily the boss is local (at least, speak with local accent. Malaysian possible also.) He instructed the kids how to make the lor mee. Needless to say, they DID NOT know how to make lor mee and had to be taught on the spot.

Because running dog ate my lp and lc, I feel like a helpless eunuch. At a time when two of my friends have lost their jobs, when I myself damn worried about future, when I cannot afford to get married and produce the batteries (sorry, I mean babies) to maintain Singapore’s population, I have to go to lor mee stall and order Ru Mian because sixteen year old world-class FTs have qian1 li3 zhao1 zhao1 (come from far) to kapok locals’ jobs!!!

Not to say this is a Chinese Singaporean problem. I think our Malay kakis also kenna. Maybe kenna worse, becoz as minorities they have fewer food choices. I have seen 2 Nasi Padang stalls lose their big green Halal certifications in major food court/ outlets. When I order, I find myself talking to PRCs, so I’m guessing we got some more Malay kaki forced to relac one corner because their jobs kenna taken by PRC who dunno how to meet Halal requirement. (I also tulan, because the PRC dunno how to cook Nasi Padang!)

I was so tulan that I sign up after work and post this.

Thank you, Lee Family! You bought the greatest minds on this planet to take the job of lower-qualified Singaporeans! Our elderly are selling tissue paper and cleaning toilets because they are too stupid to make lor mee!

High time all this dialect-ric nonsense be ditch once and for all! I salute MM Lee's far sightedness to ban dialects on TV. I :oIo: those 1/2 past 6 Channel 8 actors/actresses with the equally 1/2 past 6 'putonghua'!

YES, lu mien is IT! chow quo tiow is IT!

:oIo::oIo:

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
So long these foreigners know that LEE KUAN YEW is behind them whatever they do in Singapore, would you think these foreigner fuck care about Singaporean?

LEE KUAN YEW has set by the example to fuck care Singaporean concern and disagreement with govt policy, while foreigner have learn very quickly how to ignore Singaporean expectation.

Singaporean is as good as "DEAD" in their own country.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Frens!

I enjoyed reading your post. You right very well including the correct use of singlish.

I once had to wait for the counter staff to call supervisor at the pump station as I could not understand what she was saying.

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really don't believe Singaporeans don't want to do the work. I think the wages are artificially depressed by this ridiculous influx of foreign 'talent'.

This is not the first time PRC has difficulty understanding local names for food. But to me this is the most shocking, because these two FT standing right under Lor Mee sign! If they illiterate peasant, wtf call them FT and let them cum here?

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really don't believe Singaporeans don't want to do the work. I think the wages are artificially depressed by this ridiculous influx of foreign 'talent'.

This is not the first time PRC has difficulty understanding local names for food. But to me this is the most shocking, because these two FT standing right under Lor Mee sign! If they illiterate peasant, wtf call them FT and let them cum here?

I am a restaurant owner. I have attracted a lot of criticism but I must tell the truth for Singaporean's sake.

Singaporean workers not willing to work hard and have attitude even if I pay more. Little bit MC, then say waiter cannot do kitchen work and kitchen help cannot collect cash. 10 hours means after 9 hour 45 mins go wash face, pang jio, put on makeup.

PRC and Burmese listen to instructions, take initiative and are grateful for the job.

Of course these are low end jobs between $900 and $1,300. I provide food and lodging so they can save almost the full amount. They spend very little, such as during rest day when they take bus to Botanic Gardens or beach to picnic, and on phone cards to call home

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
So long these foreigners know that LEE KUAN YEW is behind them whatever they do in Singapore, would you think these foreigner fuck care about Singaporean?

LEE KUAN YEW has set by the example to fuck care Singaporean concern and disagreement with govt policy, while foreigner have learn very quickly how to ignore Singaporean expectation.

Singaporean is as good as "DEAD" in their own country.

The Foreign Trash China and Indian foreigners are forever here to stay.

All thanks to Lee Fuck Yew!

It is a sad but the truth news, the foreign trash are forever here to stay, slowly from a work permits, to Singapore Permanent Residents then finally Singapore citizens. These foreign trash takes away our jobs and not only that they dont need to do National Services and the fuck up Reservits.

As what Lee Fuck Yew always says, without the foreign trash, we lose our competitive edge and foreign investors. Yeah I believe him, like real.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't know show picture lah!

or go to a stall only selling loh mee lah...

why you want to fill with hate when you have the chance??

you want to get heart attacks or cancer is it?

dun understand u people..:biggrin:

Loh%20Mee.JPG

motuiti

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am a restaurant owner. I have attracted a lot of criticism but I must tell the truth for Singaporean's sake.

Singaporean workers not willing to work hard and have attitude even if I pay more. Little bit MC, then say waiter cannot do kitchen work and kitchen help cannot collect cash. 10 hours means after 9 hour 45 mins go wash face, pang jio, put on makeup.

PRC and Burmese listen to instructions, take initiative and are grateful for the job.

I can understand your position and I appreciate the financial demands of running a business - I run one myself.

However, I wouldn't hold it against a Singaporean waiter if he didn't want to do kitchen work, and if the kitchen help doesn't want to collect cash. That's not their job, and it's not right for them to do it.

However, faced with an influx of foreigners who will do anything, business owners are taking advantage of the situation. This puts the Singaporean at a disadvantage when he is not doing anything wrong except asserting his rights.

Where I live, the local restaurants all pay minimum wage and waiters do not do kitchen work, and neither do kitchen hands collect cash. That's for the cashier to do. This is standard throughout the industry except in Asian restaurants where staff have to do everything and do not get paid leave. Needless to say, only asians who cannot speak good English work there, because they cannot get a minimum wage job. And the atmosphere inside is just like in HK or China.

If Singaporean businesses want to make it big, they must adopt fair work practices. Otherwise, you'll just end up getting overwhelmed by cheaper and 'value for money' foreigners.

The onus of preserving what's Singaporean is in the hands of small business owners and their customers. Not the government. If these PRC's can't find employment because businesses won't employ them, they won't come to Singapore. They will go elsewhere.

Employing Singaporeans may push business cost up abit, and if customers can appreciate that fact and still support the business, that would be good.

It's in your hands whether you want lor mee or ru mian.

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
i can accept and try to understand that a FT does not learn well on our culture. How abt my Boss holding the title of Senior Assistant Deputy Director and she does not speak nor write good English nor know how to use MS office?? How did she rise to that "special" position/title?? It was specially created for her bcos of her seniority, NOT talent or competency. Bcos she had worked with the company for almost 40 yrs, since she was a virgin. She is still unmarried, but drawing a salary of at least 10K, every morning just read ST , attend meetings for attendance only, does NOT contribute, NOTHING !!! SO, i would rather give the FT a break than my Boss whom I shall deemed USELESS & DESPICABLE, the typical chiat-liao-bee.:mad:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If Singaporean businesses want to make it big, they must adopt fair work practices. Otherwise, you'll just end up getting overwhelmed by cheaper and 'value for money' foreigners.

The onus of preserving what's Singaporean is in the hands of small business owners and their customers. Not the government. If these PRC's can't find employment because businesses won't employ them, they won't come to Singapore. They will go elsewhere.

Employing Singaporeans may push business cost up abit, and if customers can appreciate that fact and still support the business, that would be good.

For this, only pple with brains will understand. Coward sinkies will not understand this, they only care for themselves and will not think what will happen next.

Those PRC who is willing to do anything will learn those skills and compete with you next time.

Those coward sinkies will be surprised if the kitchen helper that they hired open a restaurant next to them and compete with them. In the end, the sinkie will lose their biz, they do not know how smart PRC are in doing business.

So a coward and a cheapo will get what he deserve in the end.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Mr. takcheksian,

If you turn vegetarian, these sort of thing will never happen to you.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
however, faced with an influx of foreigners who will do anything, business owners are taking advantage of the situation. This puts the Singaporean at a disadvantage when he is not doing anything wrong except asserting his rights.

Very nicely articulated. Despite the years, we have not made any improvements towards this direction. Of course the attitude excuse will surface everytime.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is standard throughout the industry except in Asian restaurants where staff have to do everything and do not get paid leave. Needless to say, only asians who cannot speak good English work there, because they cannot get a minimum wage job. And the atmosphere inside is just like in HK or China.

Great observation. Noticed this in US, UK, OZ & NZ. The chinese restaurants are all known to underpay their workers. Ask your kids or friends staying or studying overseas.

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
knn! ever order milo the prc don't understand, expect me to say mei lu, lang jiao, wait long long. pap, go to hell!:oIo: