• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Looking for partners to climb Mt Kinabalu

decentguy1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

I'm planning to climb Mt Kinabalu from 24 Oct to 27 Oct (Deepavali long weekend). Flying by Silkair which is offering promotion that cost $440+ if flying on these days as compared to $600+ which is their usual price. I know Air Asia is much cheaper but I don't think I have the time to make the long and time consuming trip from Spore to Senai and back within these 3 days.

Planned itinerary

24 Oct Fri
Depart SIN at 1700 and reach Kota Kinabalu at around 1930. Stay overnight at KK city.

25 Oct Sat
Depart KK at 0700 and reach Kota Kinabalu park HQ at around 1000+.
Proceed with the climb before 1100.
We should be able to reach Laban Rata at 1600 latest.
Stay overnight at Laban Rata.

26 Oct Sun
Start climbing to Peak at 0300
We should be able to descend by afternoon at 1500 latest.
Reach KK city at 1700 latest.
Stay overnight at KK city.

27 Oct
Depart KK at 1100+ and reach SIN at around 1400.

The Silkair promo is until 31 Aug. So, if you are interested, do let me know asap so that I can check with Sutera Lodges whether there are vacancies for lodgings at Laban Rata before we book our flights.
It is very likely that the beds at Laban Rata guesthouse will be fully booked but I will try to book for lodgings at one of those huts there if possible.

You can contact me at [email protected] or 91811580. Please do not PM me as I don't check my messages often. Thanks!