• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Looking for new Integrated Amp to replace my Accuphase E210

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
there are integrateds that are better than pre/power amps.............

When I bought my first Accuphase way back in the early 90s, I was actually in the shop (Atlas Sound) looking to buy a monobloc pre/power amp set up that was receiving rave reviews at the time in all the magazines.

I noticed the Accuphase E210 in the far corner of the demo set up and asked the sales guy "what's that?" as I had never heard of the brand at the time.

I listened to be monoblocs and then to the Accuphase on the same pair of speakers and abandoned the pre/power amp set up on the spot.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I bought my first Accuphase way back in the early 90s, I was actually in the shop (Atlas Sound) looking to buy a monobloc pre/power amp set up that was receiving rave reviews at the time in all the magazines.

I noticed the Accuphase E210 in the far corner of the demo set up and asked the sales guy "what's that?" as I had never heard of the brand at the time.

I listened to be monoblocs and then to the Accuphase on the same pair of speakers and abandoned the pre/power amp set up on the spot.

let me guess..........the pre/monos must be Audiolab right ?...........it's a crap brand.........

you not looking at tube amp ?..........Jadis has a killer int amp with remote..........DA60 signature or something.........can play all kinds of music............the bass is unbelievable............

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
let me guess..........the pre/monos must be Audiolab right ?...........it's a crap brand.........

you not looking at tube amp ?..........Jadis has a killer int amp with remote..........DA60 signature or something.........can play all kinds of music............the bass is unbelievable............

I'm no purist. I just like something that sounds good. Tube Amps are too much trouble. They need to be warmed up and are not as reliable. Tubes last a few years and then need to be replaced.

30 years ago, I used to dream of owning the Audionote Ongaku. There was a shop in Peninula Plaza that had one on demo. It was way beyond my budget at the time so I gave it a miss.

ongaku_01.jpg

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was really yanking your chain, as you do to others from time to time. If I did sound uncivil, my apologies.

I would have thought interrupting your thread was a bigger sin than the tone. Anyways, no malice intended.

Yes but the rest of the post wasn't very civil either. There's no need for such a derogatory tone in this section.

I enjoy my classical/jazz/fusion/new age music when it is played on good equipment. For top 40 stuff, my iPod is fine.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wah..........Ongaku ah.............

i heard the Soro SE once............hypnotic was the sound.........power too low lah .......

heard other Audio Note pre/power also but velly expensive and not all-rounder lah.............must partner with horn speakers some more..........