• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Look who's sitting on Priority Seats

phouse3

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am surprised to hear people are happy to give up their seats. I expected them to curse and swear for having done something foolish.

More often than not, such gracious acts are not appreciated. You won't hear a word of thanks. In fact, for some strange and unexplained reasons, some of the recipients may even give you dirty looks.

Occasionally, some may loudly proclaim that they don't need the seat. Some may even create a scene and insist that you take back the seat. If you are unfortunate and meet a nut case, he/she may even shout at you.

Then there are embarrassing situations where the recipient is getting out the next station. Sometimes, the recipient may accept the offer only to get out after 2 stations, making the giver look like a clown. And there are times when it is hard to tell if a lady has a thick waist or is pregnant.

Welcome to the truth!:biggrin:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. i would offer my seat, if ever i could get one to: -

the preggys but not those fat ones;
old folks over 65+ who are fragile and weak (but not those ah sohs looking pretty "modern" with painted finger nails & trying to look older whenever they are on the train);
the handicapped and disabled.
4. the other thing is that smrt should add more services at shorter intervals so that it is less crowded. it does not take an idiot to think of that. so much for those high iqs!

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
...More often than not, such gracious acts are not appreciated. You won't hear a word of thanks. In fact, for some strange and unexplained reasons, some of the recipients may even give you dirty looks...

Yes, agree with this.

Sometimes when going out with friends, I hold the doors to shopping malls open for them to go in, and when there are people on the opposite side coming out, I let them come out first (all while holding the door).

Some of them (these I don't really bother):
- Smile and say thanks
- Murmur thanks and quickly walk out
- Give you a guilty look for having to make you hold the door and quickly walk past you

These people I don't really mind as they at least acknowledge your gracious act.

Others walk on by as if you are the doorman, with their noses held up high.

phouse3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Handicaps and the weak who use public transport during peak hours are in fact the ungracious parties. You won't find it happening in France or Japan.

It is most polite to close your eyes or fall asleep in public transport. On the hand other, it is extremely rude to stare at or mentally rape passengers sitting opposite you. Alternatively, you can keep your eyes focused on a pocketbook.

People who could describe in details what a young couple sitting opposite did over a 30-minute journey are nothing but voyeurs. These extremely dangerous perverts not only take photos/videos for their own viewing pleasure, they upload the materials on STOMP after getting tired of them. The purpose is the same for those perverts taking photos of young ladies eating in the train. An example is that of a video showing 2 aunties fighting in a bus with one of them having her panty exposed. We should put an end to it by getting them for taking up-skirt or down-cleavage pictures and put them behind bars.

People who made false accusations of other passengers molesting fellow passengers should be sued for defamation. These up-skirt or down-cleavage perverted photographers are on the prowl but could not find any female victims. So they turned to the guys.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Then there are embarrassing situations where the recipient is getting out the next station. Sometimes, the recipient may accept the offer only to get out after 2 stations, making the giver look like a clown. And there are times when it is hard to tell if a lady has a thick waist or is pregnant.

Welcome to the truth!:biggrin:

Thick waist are called, 'love handles'..they are not that difficult to spot, for fats are not uniform in shape...

But a pregnant lady, the bulge is uniform in shape...it is ususally round or pear shape..each woman differ, and depending wether she is expecting a boy or girl or twins..or....:rolleyes:

In short, a pregnant lady have a uniform shaped bulge...while those with thick waists...doesn't..

Don't belive me...do a visual study, when one is walking around or in trains, in busese...:wink:

phouse3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thick waist are called, 'love handles'..they are not that difficult to spot, for fats are not uniform in shape...

But a pregnant lady, the bulge is uniform in shape...it is ususally round or pear shape..each woman differ, and depending wether she is expecting a boy or girl or twins..or....:rolleyes:

In short, a pregnant lady have a uniform shaped bulge...while those with thick waists...doesn't..

Don't belive me...do a visual study, when one is walking around or in trains, in busese...:wink:

Of course I don't believe you.

Firstly, it will be impossible for me to do a visual study because most ladies are fully clothed in the MRT. You must have been staring at ladies in bikinis at the swimming pools.

Secondly, men start to have beer bellies first. It happens to skinny chaps too. The same should apply to ladies.

We are not talking about fat ladies or ladies in advanced stage of pregnancy, both of which are easy to tell, but ladies with a slight bulge of the stomach. Moreover, ladies with 'love handles' do get pregnant too, which adds to the confusion.

The point is about embarassing situations in reality and not arguments in theory.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi guys, it is way overdue for Singaporeans to be more graceful. I am initiating this campaign to shame people who take the priority seats, yet oblivious to people standing nearby who certainly need them more.

Next time you see such a situation, snap it with your handphone and post them here. Let us make these ungraceful people famous, or rather, infamous.

YOu see... When your sinkie govt declare that a particular place is a seat to be regarded as a priority, they expect sinkies to follow.

This shows that the sinkie govt does not understand humans. It is the human that should be decided whether the seat should be a priority and it is not you, the sinkie govt to tell them that and expect them to behave what you want them to.

What a sinkie, screwed up govt you have.

DingDong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Totally agree with you. I disagree with giving up seats to pregnant women. For the elderly, I will kindly give up seats. The same goes for the handicapped or disabled.

For the pregnant, I will not give up my seat. These women were riding c***s and enjoying themselves with the ride of their life. Everybody else wasn't enjoying themselves when that happened.

For the elderly/disabled/handicapped, they were suffering when everybody else wasn't.

So why should pregnant women be allowed to have their cake and eat it too?

That one line is exactly the reason why you guys deserve to be replaced by FTs. :biggrin: