• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Look at what this lan cheow "honourable" Mpee said!

X

Xiahou Dun

Singapore
Mar 3, 2010

BUDGET DEBATE 2010
Do more for new migrants

SeahKianPeng.jpg

MP for Marine Parade GRC
(Braddell Heights):
Mr Seah Kian Peng

AN MP has argued for more spending to help new immigrants integrate with Singaporeans, going against the general calls from many locals for lesser privileges for permanent residents and foreigners. Noting that the Government has set aside $10 million in the Budget for national integration, which has generated criticism online and in coffee shops on the use of public funds for foreigners, Marine Parade GRC MP Seah Kian Peng said more needs to be done to help new immigrants 'work with the old team and feel a part of us'.

'First, we need to make sure that they are called new Singaporeans rather than new migrants. They are not even new migrants - they are an old hand at migrating, and want a new life. They want to settle down and to make Singapore a new home,' said Mr Seah in his speech during the debate on the 2010 Budget Statement on Wednesday. He noted that no large scale survey has been done to find out what these new Singaporeans need. 'We have not done any large scale survey, we do not know their problems but we have already gone ahead and decided that the funds will go towards organizing activities.

But songs, dances and performances are entertaining but do we perhaps need something more?' he said.
'What we ought to do is first - find out what new Singaporeans need, and then target funding at helping them meet these needs. If it is language skills, then we should subsidize language classes. If it is educational information, or integration at schools, then we ought to target that.' With 20,000 migrants becoming new citizens each year, Mr Seah then suggested rewarding such parents with some form of baby bonus when they have a new Singapore baby. 'I have made the argument for national integration with new Singaporeans on the basis that they are members of the same team,' he stressed.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chow Chee Bye Seah Kian Peng !

see the headline oredy blood boil, go hor gao kan lah, nabei jiak leow bee !

Amazing these PAP backbenchers, in order to create differentiation, to hear an unelected 'elected' Marine Parade GRC MP speak up for new immigrants when born, bred & bleeding citizens are suffering really speaks volume about his sense of priority !

:oIo: :oIo: :oIo:

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously, there's no point talking already.
Parliament are fill with such morons who quickly look at his master for a dog treat after the speech.

Next Election, do you national service for the country.
Vote these idiots out.

inhaler

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do they ever care for singaporean ? Do they ask wat we singaporean need ? WTF !!
WE serve NS , go for ICT , end of the day , we are their dog!! not even worth mention about !! Crap ....
Total sick of this stupid land ! If ever there's election , i will not bother who the opposition is , just vote the opposition party!!

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
I pay taxes every year and I like to see my tax money going to help Singaporeans that need help

Not to pay the world highest paid Ministers
Not to pay for New Citizen Intergation
Not to loose billions in bogus investments

VOTE THOSE SUCKERS OUT !!

Do they ever care for singaporean ? Do they ask wat we singaporean need ? WTF !!
WE serve NS , go for ICT , end of the day , we are their dog!! not even worth mention about !! Crap ....
Total sick of this stupid land ! If ever there's election , i will not bother who the opposition is , just vote the opposition party!!

DerekDear

Alfrescian
Loyal
spade-penis-nose.jpg

Lan Cheow face!! hahhahaha

Chow Chee Bye Seah Kian Peng !

see the headline oredy blood boil, go hor gao kan lah, nabei jiak leow bee !

Amazing these PAP backbenchers, in order to create differentiation, to hear an unelected 'elected' Marine Parade GRC MP speak up for new immigrants when born, bred & bleeding citizens are suffering really speaks volume about his sense of priority !

:oIo: :oIo: :oIo:

Jabba

Alfrescian
Loyal
more citizens = more tax...NS = two years of your time...will your boss care more for customers or workers who worked OT?

balajii

Alfrescian
Loyal
((They are not even new migrants - they are an old hand at migrating, and want a new life. ))

CCB ah seah,

you talk as if the above is a good thing. fuck you!:oIo::oIo:

radon39

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like there is gonna be a shortage of kerosene in the next few months....some clowns asking to be torched

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Wait wait!!!!

If you feel so strongly for it, why dun you organised a protest and screw that PAP asshole up.

I am sure you will feel good doing that. Voting is every 5 years, why wait, go up and bash him which is more immediate.

Capano2020

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All! New Guy here!

Maybe i've been working overseas for too long but i was always told that in order to even just get PR status, you must be proficient in English and have at least how many Os & As to qualify. But what i've been seeing all these years are hawkers, hairdressers, sales assistants, blue collar & low wage workers getting their PR, most recent wave was PRC (People's Republic of Canine). And are they now distributing citizenship at the airport like pamphlets, tampons & tissues being distributed at MRT stations???

North Koreans defecting to South Korea gets housing subsidy, basically you name it they gave it, but those are defectors! Good, Bad, Ugly, they will take because they are classified as divided siblings from the north that needs to be taken care of after they escape from the oppressive regime of the KIMMYs. Do we have a oppressive half of the island or peninsula that our divided siblings are coming back to us???

Integration should be assessed upon application! So the kiasu, kiasi syndrome now prompts our tax sucking leeches to grab anything and spent money on integrating them to a society that they will eventually proudly tell their friends & relatives back north in the giant kennel that Singaporeans are stupid, ugly, uncouth and uneducated because cannot speak canine language!! I guess this must have been the results of over half a century of holding a dick in the mouth to go about running the country, eventually the dick blocking the windpipe and now the brain starve of oxygen thus taking such measures!

balajii

Alfrescian
Loyal
That PRC chicken only know how to bj. what O level or A level english. also can get PR u know.

nowadays PR is cheap lah.