• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lonely Christian auntie lost life savings to overseas conman she's never met

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Trickster used charm and God

New Straits Times
Thursday, Oct 20, 2011

His profile in an online match-making site said he was a doctor based in Georgia in the United States.

He was also good looking.

Seeing his profile, Lina, a civil servant in her early 50s, decided to get to know him. She started chatting with him last October.

By March, the spinster had lost RM300,000 (S$121,830) and her American doctor friend, had allegedly died.

Lina knew then that she had been had.

"What drew me to this man was his gentle mannerisms, his patience and obvious concern for me," she told the New Straits Times.

The relationship took off when he started calling her daily and Lina was smitten.

"He knew how to push my buttons. He knew what I was looking for in a relationship and used that to convince me that he was sincere.

"He knew that I was religious and he played that very well too."

In their conversations, Lina said he would talk to her about religion.

"He even told me that God had brought us together," she said, adding that he was not shy about revealing his feelings to her.

But when she asked if they could chat via Skype, an online video conferencing tool, he refused.

"I was a bit suspicious but let it go. But three weeks into our relationship, he began asking me for money."He was really convincing. He told me his business in Mexico was in financial trouble. He would cry over the phone and tell me loads of sob stories.

"I had no money of my own and since I really thought that we had a future together, I turned to loan sharks. One of them warned me that I was being taken for a ride, but I didn't believe him."

In the end, Lina sold some of the properties she owned and transferred about RM300,000 in 25 transactions over three months to overseas accounts.

And when she had no more money, he stopped calling.

She tried hard to reach him and in March this year, someone, who claimed to be a friend of her American boyfriend, called to say that he had died.

"He told me to stop calling that number. That was when I realised I had been cheated. He promised me a future but he crushed my dreams."

Several months later, Lina started checking if other women had suffered the same fate.

"Then, I came across a story of an Australian woman who related her ordeal on the Internet.

"She had put up what the man had told her during the relationship.

"I was shocked to see that the man in that case had used the same words and the same phrases on the Australian woman."

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A fool and her money are soon parted.

hi there

1. the specimen is not just some fool but also horny till the end.
2. never learn the lesson.
3. she shall take another white prick if it comes along the next time.
4. she thinks with the hole between her legs!

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a rule of thumb, most religious believers are deluded idiots. The sad thing is that there are only about 2.3% of the world population who are rational atheists. :(

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No matter how many times religious are proven that their religious beliefs are merely man made fairy tales they'll still persist in beliving in them. That's the law of the land.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
kana conned by conmen or kana conned by church...............no diff what............

all Christians are prime targets for con-jobs..................

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
kana conned by conmen or kana conned by church...............no diff what............

all Christians are prime targets for con-jobs..................

correction ...its all delusional religious ppl are prime targets for con-jobs.