• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Loh Lin Kok & his $120K entertainment expense claim

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it ok if you can use smaller normal B&W fonts as everybody else? You are shouting, if you know what I mean, and painful to read. Just a request..pls.

Only you have the forsight and brains to see the SAGA for what it is.

I liken this to Potong Pasir or Hougang,

Most of the people that commented have no FUCKING IDEA that this SAGA touches on the RIGHTS of every Singaporean. And yet they try to fault Loh.

The GARMENT young CBK is throwing all the SCUM's machinery and might against Loh. Yet S'poreans that commented here still think the SCUMS are right.

I say it is DOWNRIGHT using BULLYING TACTICS. If every S'porean were like Loh, we will not have the SCUMS suka suka increase prices of electricity, healthcare, transport, etc in Singapore.

Please look at the facts in this SAGA before you condemn Loh. Loh should be commended as a HERO not a villian like the SCUMS and the prostitute press make him out to be.

He is telling every Singaporean YOU HAVE A RIGHT AS A CTITIZEN AND NOT ALLOWED YOURSELVES TO BE BULLIED

Don't just believe me. GO AND CHECK WITH MOST PEOPLE INVOLVED IN ATHLETICS.

Loh does not want quick fixes like inporting FT sports talent. That is ONE main reason why the SCUMS hate him and want him removed.

Loh stands for the final few bastions of Singapore's democracy. He wants to spend money on SINGAPOREANS talent. He is standing tall against BULLYING and telling the SCUMS, the young CHEEBYE KIA to stuff it in their faces.

And Singaporeans hate this man?

A man that spends $120K of HIS OWN MONEY for his passion gets ostracize?
Which fucking SCUM takes money out of his own pocket to help S'poreans? Name me ONE.
The last we looked, they were busy helping each other; not the old, elderly or sick.

With these comments against Loh, I guarantee you the SCUMS will have no trouble winning the next ERECTIONS. Fuck all you S'poreans that have no BALLS. Always talk only but no action. PHoooey!

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I liken this to Potong Pasir or Hougang,
you likened wrongly.
Most of the people that commented have no FUCKING IDEA that this SAGA touches on the RIGHTS of every Singaporean. And yet they try to fault Loh.
Loh is no angel - ahleebaba
The GARMENT young CBK is throwing all the SCUM's machinery and might against Loh. Yet S'poreans that commented here still think the SCUMS are right.

I say it is DOWNRIGHT using BULLYING TACTICS. If every S'porean were like Loh, we will not have the SCUMS suka suka increase prices of electricity, healthcare, transport, etc in Singapore.

Please look at the facts in this SAGA before you condemn Loh. Loh should be commended as a HERO not a villian like the SCUMS and the prostitute press make him out to be.

You are raving mad - transferring PAP-ranting here is irrlevant
He is telling every Singaporean YOU HAVE A RIGHT AS A CTITIZEN AND NOT ALLOWED YOURSELVES TO BE BULLIED.

Don't just believe me. GO AND CHECK WITH MOST PEOPLE INVOLVED IN ATHLETICS.
You don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Unaware of Sep 2009 petition from athletics stakeholders to remove him ? go talk to parents, student athletes & coaches !
Loh does not want quick fixes like inporting FT sports talent. That is ONE main reason why the SCUMS hate him and want him removed.
What bullshit ! Loh is FOR & IS involved in bringing in the PRC female throwers. Unfortunately, even he admitted his scouting is poor & his PRC recruits have wasted SAA more than 320K !
Loh stands for the final few bastions of Singapore's democracy. He wants to spend money on SINGAPOREANS talent. He is standing tall against BULLYING and telling the SCUMS, the young CHEEBYE KIA to stuff it in their faces.
Loh is a BIG BULLY himself - resorting to the court to sue his athletes - some rightly some wrongly. But he is BULLY all the same.
And Singaporeans hate this man?
YES, the majority do - check out forums & discussion boards.
A man that spends $120K of HIS OWN MONEY for his passion gets ostracize?
Which fucking SCUM takes money out of his own pocket to help S'poreans? Name me ONE.
The last we looked, they were busy helping each other; not the old, elderly or sick.

With these comments against Loh, I guarantee you the SCUMS will have no trouble winning the next ERECTIONS. Fuck all you S'poreans that have no BALLS. Always talk only but no action. PHoooey!

ahleebabathief, you are fucking barking up the wrong tree here.

Loh is no hero in the eyes of a whole generation of student athletes growing up - being cut off from their coaches, facing arbitrary treatment from Loh etc

U FUCKING KNOW NUTS ABOUT SPORE ATHLETICS !:oIo:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: S'poreans Are IDIOTS To Condemn Loh Lin Kok.Check With All Sports People First

dun tink dey import sport FT for sports reason.

dey juz wan to bring in FTrash tatz all.

imo, there is no SG represtative represent SG for any events.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are totally brainless.

Loh is ELECTED into office by the majority of athletics fraternity.

Understand this idiot. A petition can be started by ONE person and does not carry weight.

Loh's office is ELECTED.

SAA's office bearers are DEMOCRATICALLY elected.

Be it Loh, Tang or someone else.

PLEASE RECOGNISE A POLITICAL SITUATION WHEN U SEE ONE.

THIS SAGA IS ALL ABOUT POLITICS STARTED BY THE YOUNG CBK TO TRY TO SPRINGBOARD HIS POLITICAL CAREER.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are totally brainless.

Loh is ELECTED into office by the majority of athletics fraternity.

Understand this idiot. A petition can be started by ONE person and does not carry weight.

Loh's office is ELECTED.

SIGH... look who is the brainless one.

That petition has more than 100 signatories form the relevant people who are affected by Loh - parents, student athletes, coaches etc.

The best part comes from your next point : LOH IS ELECTED.

I never disputed that - in fact Loh is elected more than once, he beat Edmond Periera twice & Steven Lee twice ... since 1982, he has been elected President coming to 30 years (except the voluntary step aside years 04-06 ).

It is ironical how similar this is to the PAP you condemned so much - they are fucking ELECTED too, isn't it & multi-terms elected (more than 30 years) lke your hero LOH.... talk about IRONY, ahleebabathiefsingapore

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
SIGH... look who is the brainless one.

That petition has more than 100 signatories form the relevant people who are affected by Loh - parents, student athletes, coaches etc.

The best part comes from your next point : LOH IS ELECTED.

I never disputed that - in fact Loh is elected more than once, he beat Edmond Periera twice & Steven Lee twice ... since 1982, he has been elected President coming to 30 years (except the voluntary step aside years 04-06 ).

It is ironical how similar this is to the PAP you condemned so much - they are fucking ELECTED too, isn't it & multi-terms elected (more than 30 years) lke your hero LOH.... talk about IRONY, ahleebabathiefsingapore

I stand corrected. You are much more than an idiot.

A petition can be started by irrelevant people, people with their own agenda, PORLUMPARS (most likely), and get their own porlumpars to sign and make a hooha about it.

If you bothered to talk to ALL people in Singapore sports, you will definitely hear about the POLITCAL link.

Let's just wait for the next erections. Maybe Loh might step down as a correct candidiate might cum forward before than.

In the meantime with people like you, be prepared for higher electricity prices etc etc.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
ST Forum
Home > ST Forum > Story
Jan 9, 2010
SPORTS SCENE
Systemic weakness in managing NSAs

THE spat between the Singapore Sports Council (SSC) and the Singapore Athletic Association (SAA) should not be seen as a problem that is localised in the SAA. The core issues surrounding the saga reflect gaps in the system of managing national sport associations (NSAs) as a nation.

Currently, all NSAs are registered and regulated under the auspices of the Registrar of Societies, not the SSC. The authority to grant any sporting group NSA status also lies in the hands of the Singapore National Olympic Council, not the SSC.

The SSC does not have direct legislative or executive power over the management of NSAs. For example, the SSC tried to remove SAA president Loh Lin Kok from his post in the past by putting up its own candidate for election. One such candidate withdrew his candidacy at the 11th hour before the annual general meeting (AGM).

The SSC's influence over NSAs is executed mainly through the disbursement and withholding of funds to these sporting organisations. This indirect mechanism of control is not always effective in ensuring the desired degree of compliance from the NSAs.

The issue of succession in the SAA is not unique to the association. The present leaders of many NSAs have been there for decades.

The greater concern is incompetent leaders who continue to win enough votes to secure their position at the association's AGM, term after term. There are many downstream consequences of prolonged incompetent leadership, and they all lead to dwindling participation in the sport and under-performing athletes.

Ultimately, it is the national sports programme that suffers.

The gap in the current system of NSA management must be fixed through legislative means. This is the only way to have all NSAs, and not the SAA alone, fall in line.

The role of governing agency of NSAs should be transferred from the Registrar of Societies to the SSC. There should also be a system that can discriminate between poorly performing and efficient NSAs based on well-defined criteria to determine the degree of support and freedom of management to be given to each NSA.

Members of NSA management committees perform their roles on a voluntary basis, which require dedication and sacrifice. These people should be given due recognition. However, they must put the interest of the sport and athletes above all else, and bow out gracefully when someone else can serve the sport better.

Associate Professor Lim Chin Leong

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you bothered to talk to ALL people in Singapore sports, you will definitely hear about the POLITCAL link.

Let's just wait for the next erections. Maybe Loh might step down as a correct candidiate might cum forward before than.

In the meantime with people like you, be prepared for higher electricity prices etc etc.

Actually, ahleebaba, in my earlier post, I have already noted so many ministers/MPs heading national Sports Associations. Up to a point, I agree this is not very healthy especially if they know nuts or have no passion for those sports they are entrusted with.

But you would be naive to think POLITICAL LINKS can be totally absent. NSAs can only thrive in an eco-system o f passion & support from govt, establishment, commerce, industry & people, fans etc.

If Loh step aside, I will appreciate his grace & regain some respect for him. Actually I am not unfamiliar with him - he grew up in Kim Pong Rd / tiong Bahru area just like me.

Loh has mentioned he will only make way for in your words 'the correct candidate'. Let's hope the next candidate coming forward, ex-national sprinter Cheah Kim Hock may be deemed correct by Loh.

It will be good if incoming & outcoming President cooperate for the good of this stagnant sport for so long.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ST Forum
Home > ST Forum > Story
Jan 9, 2010
SPORTS SCENE
Systemic weakness in managing NSAs

Members of NSA management committees perform their roles on a voluntary basis, which require dedication and sacrifice. These people should be given due recognition. However, they must put the interest of the sport and athletes above all else, and bow out gracefully when someone else can serve the sport better.

Associate Professor Lim Chin Leong

Actually, I do not know whether Assoc Prof Lim's suggestion is workable.

For a start, people like ahleebaba will froth more at the mouth at more direct control by garment over NSAs.

Even then will the International Sports federation Powers view this as interference by their country affiliates ?

This is a double-edged sword. In some 3rd world countries, NSA heads can indeed be victimised or politicised by govt figures. On the other hand, NSA tyrants have turned round & use their International Sports Federation backing to further their own hold in sports that enrich themselves one way or another. Like that powerful & corrupt FIFA VP Jack something of Trinidad & Tobago.

For efficacy reasons, to transfer NSA from ROS to be under SSC, it will be easier for govt to direct sports for the betterment of nation.

But if govt/civil servants in charge know nuts about sports, it will also harm true sports lovers.

So present system, warts & all, has its merits.

Self-regulation is still best - see how bowling, cuesports & bodybuilding have weeded out their own bad sheep.

But sometimes, that fails too if affiliate members can be influenced into a culture of complacency & mutual back-scratching.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: S'poreans Are IDIOTS To Condemn Loh Lin Kok.Check With All Sports People First

Let the FTs themselves to support sports hub .

Since they rather built a stupid sports hub than a much needed 4th and 5th hospital .

We got our own problems to deal with everyday .

We must open our hearts and soul to support what is right for all Singaporeans . Not some pea-brain ministar's long term agenda .

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

dun tink dey import sport FT for sports reason.

dey juz wan to bring in FTrash tatz all.

imo, there is no SG represtative represent SG for any events.

Let the FTs themselves to support sports hub .

Since they rather built a stupid sports hub than a much needed 4th and 5th hospital .

We got our own problems to deal with everyday .

We must open our hearts and soul to support what is right for all Singaporeans . Not some pea-brain ministar's long term agenda .

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What kind of 'entertainment' needs the same as the cost of half a HDB flat. I wonder.

Someone earlier on had said 120K no big deal.

Even if 120K is reported to be for over 4-5 years, that's more than 20K per year - more than what many low income citizens make in a year.

Also, to correct myself after re-reading ST :-

In the report, the tips not more than $30, but in $10-$30 range totalling about $1200 per year.

All in all, compared to bowling's ex President who run road, Loh's regime is not idshonest financially - no misappropriation .

Still, he behave like a big towkay, association like his own playground, tipping & all. It's not illegal, just poor taste in my opinion.

I think he serves in the past on some legal arbitration panel for IAAF, so got some connection.

When Teo Chee Hean urge review, Loh immediately said he intend to ask high power panel form luminous IAAF personalities headed by Lord Sebastian Coe to come analyse Spore Athletics scene.

I almost choked on reading that - sarcasm or not. First, it will be costly if true, Secondly, Vietnam/Indonesia/Laos also never analyse to death what !

Common sense : get a people-centric boss that empathizes with the school scene, work with school coaches, upgrade,motivate,encourage them get pro coaches to come facilitate, they can learn a lot from swimming fraternity where a lot of harmony & good morale lays the groundwork for effort & sacrifice....

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
dear Singaporeans,

Be careful what you wish for.

Do not blame anyone if after Loh goes and FTs are brought in by the dozens to represent S'pore in athletics.

I am not protecting Loh. I am trying to HIGHLIGHT the dying of DEMOCRACY in Sngapore.

People say $600 tips is alot. If its a 50 table dinner, that is a tip of only $12 a table. Hardly enuff for the 3-4 waiters/ress per table.

Pls get your facts right before jumping on the SCUM's bandwagon.

Again I caution you twits.

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.

Ian6690

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Ahleebaba, here is my take of the whole issue: I do not accept all that is presented in the media but rather to relie on common sense. If this Mr Loh has done any thing illegal, he would be reported to the relevant authorities by others. I am all for people who done wrong things to be brought to justice. However I am also all for people who stands out against bullies. If he is unpopular with others, he would not be where he is for so long. This whole saga could have "pop-up" because some people have other agenda.

By the way, whether one should serve in a position for so long is another issue. My opinion is if one is not suitable or not longer relevant (aka out dated/out-of-touch), one more day is too long just like some who has overstayed their welcome . If one is suitable or well supported, by all means, continue to serve or contribute.

pachinko

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why get rid of Loh Lin Kok now?

He is perceived as a man with deep passion and generosity for sports for over 30 years ! Doing a thankless job to assist Singapore produce better atheletes using his priceless time and personal money to groom youngsters and those helping them are rewarded with entertainments( I supposed they are mainly dinners ) . Why must a lawyer spend his time here when he could have piled up more business and enjoying his time with family and friends ?

Have a thought for this relentless Singaporean who has sacrificed so much for so long , if a suitable volunteer has been found , he would have graciously handed over . But how many are prepared to do something for free? If he wants glory , I am sure he knows where he should go to achieve that , what's the big deal in becoming President of this club? There was Tang Weng Fei before , he left shortly into the job. Like Cheah Kim Teck , Tang is also very into horse racing , they get more kicks and satisfaction in their money making hobby .

Geriatric Loh has outlived his usefulness ? Dont be mean to this old man of sports who is noble and unselfish in his contribution for all these years. Why put him to shame now?

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Why get rid of Loh Lin Kok now?

Main reason is the young CBK who is using this to springboard his political career.

Needless to say, he picked on the wrong guy and now has m&d on his face.

Do not know who I am talking about?
Just go ask people in the sporting fraternities in S'pore, and his name will come out.

REAL CB Kia.

R

redlightmeansgo

TSL? Dun think it's the SCC chief right?

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He is perceived as a man with deep passion and generosity for sports for over 30 years ! Doing a thankless job to assist Singapore produce better atheletes using his priceless time and personal money to groom youngsters and those helping them are rewarded with entertainments( I supposed they are mainly dinners ) . Why must a lawyer spend his time here when he could have piled up more business and enjoying his time with family and friends ?

Have a thought for this relentless Singaporean who has sacrificed so much for so long , if a suitable volunteer has been found , he would have graciously handed over . But how many are prepared to do something for free? If he wants glory , I am sure he knows where he should go to achieve that , what's the big deal in becoming President of this club? There was Tang Weng Fei before , he left shortly into the job. Like Cheah Kim Teck , Tang is also very into horse racing , they get more kicks and satisfaction in their money making hobby .

Geriatric Loh has outlived his usefulness ? Dont be mean to this old man of sports who is noble and unselfish in his contribution for all these years. Why put him to shame now?

First of all, thanks pacinko for not centralising your text & type all in red like ahleebaba - very distracting.

Secondly, I'm glad u started a thread on Loh Lin Kok. I thought i am the only one interested in him.

We are of course entitled to hold different opinions - backed by info from public domain or privately held knowledge or simply personal subjective prejudice.

I am like most forummers here - not personal enemies of subjects we discussed here. We are simply voicing our likes & dislikes hopefully from rational grounds wherever possible.

Loh is an enigma.

Your portrayal of Loh is one possibility. A noble leader who sacrifices own money time & effort for coming to 30 years.

But i find such a possibility remote & far fethched when one considers his 'reign of negativity' recounted below in the next post
( link : http://singaporesportsfan.wordpress...-saa-needs-a-leadership-change-asap/#comments )

As to why 'when he could have spent time with family, pile up more business etc.' - yes, that's the curious part. Why then in spite of being unloved & making sacrifices : this enigmatic issue deserves a thread of its own.

DISCLAIMER: We are know our opinion of our 125th. Still, these facts recounted - we all remember reading abt them over the years & can be easily verified. so I consider info below pretty credible. of course, ahleebaba will disagree.

[FONT=&quot]<o></o>
[/FONT]

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Loh’s long reign clouded by controversy
(The Straits Times, 24 Dec 2009)
IN 26 years at the helm of the Singapore Athletic Association, lawyer Loh Lin Kok has been involved in numerous controversies. ST revisits his battles:

Loh installs a new policy for all national athletes to train under a select team of 12 coaches, sparking a series of protests. beginnings of a control freak

Some 80 officials walk out on the Singapore Amateur Athletic Association’s official SEA Games dinner and dance over a dispute on seating arrangements.

A group of officials also boycott the Caltex Age Group Athletic Championships, challenging Loh to take disciplinary action.

Then national sprint champion Haron Mundir and fastest schoolgirl Prema Govindan refuse to join the SAAA’s training scheme, choosing to train with the Singapore Sports Council. If popularly elected, why so many fed up with him from Year 1 - all indisciplined spoilt brats ?

Loh threatens to throw Flash Sports Association president and SAAA presidency candidate, Edmond Pereira, out of the election hall after the latter challenged the legality of the SAAA election meeting.

He warns athletes who skip centralised training sessions: ‘We’ll hit you so hard, you’ll be sorry.’ LKY-like machismo unpresidential language

Loh believes there is a lack of discipline in the SAAA. ‘I have to put the house in order. And if it means ruling with an iron hand, I’ll do it,’ he says.more LKY-imitation

The Registry of Societies warns the SAAA to comply with the existing Societies Act or face action.

Loh wants coach Patrick Zehnder disciplined for trying to get runner S.Pandian to train in America without the SAAA’s approval.

The president orders athletes to join SAAA-affiliated clubs or face a ban.

President of the Singapore National Olympic Council, the late Mr E.W. Barker, tells Loh to ‘get his house in order’ at a Sportsman of the Year dinner. Loh replies: ‘You are welcome to examine my house.’
kwai-lan for kwan-lan sake

The SAAA rejects sprinter Paul Su’s compensation claim for injuries he suffered during training. Loh alleges that Su was covered by his employers and he was trying to ‘make the SAAA out of pocket’.

Loh asks SAAA head coach John Whitson, who was also in charge of the Kallang Athletics Training Centre, to step down as the SSC did not consult him on plans for the centre.

Loh hits out at the SSC for inviting national athletes to train at the centre, claiming it was ‘inciting active rebellion’.

He slams the SSC for imposing conditions barring the SAAA juniors from using the facilities at the National Stadium. petty & self-contradicting : said SCC invite training at stadium vs barring juniors from using

The SAAA cautions that athletes who ran in non-sanctioned meets, such as the SSC’s Brooks 10km Run, will be banned from SAAA meets why so intolerant ?.

The SAAA’s vice-president Victor Khoo quits and urges the SSC and SAAA to work together. teamwork ?

Loh complains that the SSC maintained-National Stadium is in bad shape and a ‘disgrace’. He then claims the SSC has banned national athletes from using the stadium. SSC chairman Dr Tan Eng Liang disputes this.

The SAAA suspends sprinter Haron Mundir for 18 months for cutting short a training stint in Japan, ruling him out of the 1989 SEA Games.

After an appeal, a High Court grants Haron an injunction against the ban.

Mr Barker orders Haron to run in the SEA Games. Bravo Barker. 1st time local athlete goes to court

Haron is not selected for the 4×100m relay team for the SEA Games. SAAA does not pay him for the 100m silver and 200m bronze he won, with Loh labelling his performances as ‘nothing to be proud of’.

SAAA gives local winners of Singapore Marathon their prize money in monthly instalments. Loh says: ‘I don’t want athletes to compete in marathons hoping to win prize-money like striking a lottery.’ ironic contrast to cash cheques in 2009 marathon

Loh accuses four athletes – Xie Yuru, Mona Kunalan, Toh So Liang, P.Parameswaran – of using the press to air their grievances.

Xie is dropped from a junior meet squad for her ‘negative attitude’.

He brands national champion pole vaulter Ng Kean Mun a ‘rotten apple’ for showing attitude at the Asian Games in Beijing. very motivating. kills morale of local talents

Haron remains suspended after 18 months, with Loh saying the ban only begins once the sprinter’s appeal is heard. vindictive

The High Court rules in favour of Haron, who was represented by Pereira.

The SAAA is ordered to pay Haron’s costs of approximately $90,000 in addition to legal fees of $53,743. waste assoc $

Shot-putter James Wong is blasted by Loh for failing to claim gold in discus and hammer at the Brunei SEA Games.

Sprinter Hamkah Afik quits over allowances. Loh slams him for not repaying the money invested in him with results.Nasty & Petty

Before the SAAA elections, SSC executive director Kwan Yue Yeong declares he cannot work with Loh. But Loh still wins. EQ issues

Recently retired runners Muhamad Hosni and Hamkah Afik voice displeasure with Loh’s methods. Now Hosni is SAA coach - lan lan

SAAA orders national 100m record-holder U.K. Shyam to run in the SEA Games or lose a $90,000 grant. Shyam wants to skip the Vietnam Games because his training was interrupted by exams.

Shyam splits from the national team. He says: ‘I think I spent more time fighting against the system than actually running faster and faster.’ local talent killed

Businessman and former national hurdler Tang Weng Fei replaces Loh as SAA president. Loh becomes a special adviser to the SAA.

Tang steps down. Loh defeats presidential rival Steven Lee in an election.

The SAA drops medal prospects and China-born Du Xianhui (discus) and Zhang Guirong (shot put) two months before the Asian Games after a series of clashes.

Zhang and Du are invited for talks but leave for China again without the SAA’s permission. Loh cuts Du’s financial assistance grant. Zhang returns to the SEA Games team but another thrower, Dong Enxin, goes Awol. PRC recruited by Loh in 1998

Athletes are upset with the SAA’s co-payment scheme in which they must co-pay up to 30 per cent of expenses for overseas preparatory meets.

The SAA postpones the Singapore Open without any explanation. Athletes hoping to use the event to qualify for the SEA Games are unhappy.great organization

An anonymous petition, believed to be signed by over 100 coaches, athletes and parents, is sent to the Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports calling for a change of SAA management.

China-born national thrower Luan Wei sues the SAA for allegedly breaching promises made in a 1999 agreement.
The SSC freezes funding to the SAA after an administration fiasco which results in the resignation of SAA CEO Christina Tay.
The SAA is criticised for not contributing more to Singapore’s medal haul at the Laos SEA Games.

CHAN U-GENE