• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Local Savings Interest-Rates War Exploded on 1st Sept 2022 among banks - loan interest-rates expected to raise further

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think many kiasu sinkies either keep swapping banks whenever they see a higher interest and forgo the initial deposits and some keep putting the 1 mth term.
if don't want to switch in and out (because no lock-in)
UOB 10-mths 2.4%pa, 12-mths 2.6%pa
also not bad

Last edited:

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best performing currency in Asia (after HKD which is pegged against USD)
https://sg.news.yahoo.com/goldman-c...to-bet-big-on-singapore-dollar-063503271.html
The Singapore dollar has weakened 3.8% against the dollar in 2022, but has strengthened against all of its Asian peers with the exception of the Hong Kong dollar.

c34a6b40-29bf-11ed-be6f-1e9907fc41ff

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting Rates:

HL Finance going to have deposits promotion this weekend.

HL Bank (not HL Finance)
3-mth 2.2%pa
6-mth 2.45%pa
12-mth 2.75%

HSBC
7-mth 2.2%pa

UOB
10-mth 2.4%pa
12-mth 2.6%pa

Citibank
12-mth 2.6%pa

CIMB no lock-in (Depending on Quantum)
FastSaver/Starsaver 1.0% to 2.0%pa

RHB no lock-in (Depending on Quantum)
High Yield Savings/Premier Plus 1.2% to 2.5%pa

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know. I just keep some amounts, sometimes over S$1k (to avoid monthly charges) and sometimes over S$600k and they just retained my Priority status eversince.
For 300k once I reduced to 50k priority immediately removed.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes, I also don't know how they work. My RM has been changed several times already until now I also don't know who is my present RM. Anyway, I will also give up my Priority status if they will decide to impose charges in the future. I had already given up my SCB Malaysia Priority status when I transferred my RM500k funds to another Malaysian bank. Otherwise, they told me that there will be monthly charges.

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably also because you don't have a trading account with them. I used to trade over S$600k with their online platform. But nowadays I had switched to FSM ONE since their commissions are much cheaper and I am also a DIAMOND status in FSM ONE.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
6 to 9 months ago, UOB had first-mover advantage and offered FD rates better than malaysian banks in Singapore. Thereafter T-bills offered better rates than FD until their yields weakened below 4% again (3.88%pa last done) and SSB fell to <3%pa.

This CNY period, OCBC attracted waves of deposits from premier banking clients, up to 4.18%pa for 8-months Fixed Deposits, which is also better than Malaysian banks and fixed deposits.