• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Local distributor plans to stop Amazon

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is a case of a distributor trying to rack up a good profit by overcharging clueless locals.

When locals realize the price differential and go abroad to buy the product, the distributor now wants to stop free trade. Typical loser.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a case of a distributor trying to rack up a good profit by overcharging clueless locals.

When locals realize the price differential and go abroad to buy the product, the distributor now wants to stop free trade. Typical loser.

Everything we purchased in SG is disgustingly overpriced, only those daft sinkies think that things are expensive everywhere.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I bought Soul Ludacris SL300 headphone in Amazon for US$120 while some shop in Singapore asking S$599.

SL99 in Amazon is US$37; but selling SGD$299 in Singapore shop.

Singapore shops cannot compete with Giant like Amazon. Just drop dead and close shop.

SOUL_SL300WB.jpg

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once upon a time, Creative Tech's Sim Wong Hoo declared that his Zen mp3 players will stop Apple's iPods.

We know what happened.

The winner must be damn happy like ____!! ha ha ha, sell to garang guni, don't even want.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

I also heard of a VERY BIG distributor that marked up prices on almost EVERY known conceivable thing ranging from health care, transport, fuel, housing, power and water utilities etc etc

Hell, this known distributor even 'extort' huge sums of money from working Sinkie every month and used the money for some investment purpose for themselves. They always say the money taken will be returned to those Sinkie after a long long period of time. Obviously most would not live ,to even see it coming back.

Can this sort of 'distributor' be allowed to do this?

Some Sinkie thinks so.

For those that do not think so, they do not have the balls to say so.

You say leh?

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All brick-and-mortar retail stores are getting screwed over by online retailing.

It happened with music, it happened with books, it is happening with movies, travel packages and clothes and handbags/accessories, now it is happening with small electronic merchandise.

Soon, all the malls will be filled with:

1) F&B outlets

2) Tuition centres

3) Pawn shops/Moneylending shops

4) Maid agencies

5) Barber or hair salons

6) Telco shops

Last edited:

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
All brick-and-mortar retail stores are getting screwed over by online retailing.

It happened with music, it happened with books, it is happening right now with movies and clothes, now it is happening with small electronic merchandise.

1) F&B outlets

2) Tuition centres

4) Duplicate key/cobbler shops

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

It happened with music, it happened with books, it is happening with movies, travel packages and clothes and handbags/accessories, now it is happening with small electronic merchandise.

1) F&B outlets

2) Tuition centres

4) Maid agencies

5) Barber or hair salons

6) Telco shops
Maid agencies can also go online. THe final paperwork can be done via house visit.

I think malls only good for supermarkets, barber, clothings, shoes, F&B. I hope all the retail REITs die pain pain.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is true. I just checked some of the stuff in Amazon and most of it is almost half price.

As the cost of shop space in Spore is so expensive, shops here don't carry an extensive range. Only the more popular items are sold here. Sometimes you can't even find it in Spore