• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Local Chinese girl feels frustrated

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its her life, its her choice... Local Mats not as religious as their Indon, Mat Land counterparts... Mountain tortoises here should go out and mix more... My ex Mat colleague married a Malaysian Chinese gal who converted to Islam but only in name only... Lifestyle still the same, play 4D, Toto every week , didn't force the wife to wear tudung.. On weekends used to see the couple having beer back then at Charlie's Corner..
She should try an Ang moh, she will never look back.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Picture of her malay bf

tfss-1cbdbd2b-3d38-4fc1-896b-3b5a3c9a9a86-image.jpg

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Based on what I have read, most Muslims expect that their potential spouse convert to Islam.

Therefore, my suggestions and questions for that young lady are:
1. Does her friend insists that she converts to Islam, before they get married?
2. Will he allow her to practise her faith?
3. How will they raise their children?
4. Evaluate his character, and attributes (ambitious, hardworking, independent and responsible, non smoker, not into recreation drugs or alcohol, etc.)

If possible, and with respect, I would encourage that young lady not to continue the relationship, because it is more than family disagreement.

if they want to marry and the guy remain a muslim, then under law, she will have to convert to islam. period. no conversion, ROM would not accept their application to marry.

as for the usual malay sterotype of lazy, guitar at void deck and cubkia motorsiao mat rempit may no longer be relevant. My Mat neighbour a clean cut guy, 3 kids, eldest son Victoria JC, now NSF, waiting for Uni application, daughter Anderson JC, youngest son RI. The children don't hang out at neighbourhood playground, their Mom very strict, seems to be a grad who become a housewife. Of course with every one of this type of family, there are 4-5 mess up type families but slowly as they more educated, the mess up type get less and less.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anyway, marriage is not 2 person issue, it 2 families issue, for her case, must add 2 races issue.

the mat maybe chin cai type but what about his family? peer pressure very powerful inside malay community. look at the current tudang wearing campaign, most of them, 80% of those tudang wearing women don't step inside mosque even once a year. most of them even bet on 4D and Toto, they not at all religious in the first place.

The real reason so many wear tudang and wear those gunny sack clothing is because must follow the trend, it the "IN" thing, especially those mom with school going children, normally become friend friend with each other while waiting at the school gate. They will gossip on malay women who not in same "fashion" as them, so to blend in, so must wear the same stuff. My mat colleague driver told me the above as his wife ask him for $$ to buy those clothings. He kpkb because of it as to him it a waste of money, especially his wife previous styling was those tight fitting minah fashion, that mean he must pay as she replace everything.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The young punks in singapore are living too comfortable life and never grew up to see how the m&ds killed and raped chinese women in the jakarta riot and how the m&d police turn a blind eye to it. At this age she's probably infatuated by that guitar strumming rock star wannabe malay. Just give her a few more years she will come crawling back to her family and realised how dumb she was back then.

Alot of chinese don't mind seeing their kind killed and murdered. Then having a romantic view of other races. Just have one non chinese say indian/malay/burmese smile at one non racially aware chinese and he/she will be singing their praises to the skies and how all of them are so cool and nice etc. :rolleyes: Yet they won't do the same for their own race.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She is a fucking retard. If she want to know if he really love her more than his koran, ask him to become non-Muslim. If not, she is fucked for life if she marries him.

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
I for one wish them a happy married life..and eventually have 2 sons delivering fast foods for competing fast food chains
on their eco friendly motor cycles, and also have 2 lovely single parent daughters with hard working N stream /ITE grandchildren
and they all live in a rented single room HDB flat happily ever after.

ahpong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I for one wish them a happy married life..and eventually have 2 sons delivering fast foods for competing fast food chains
on their eco friendly motor cycles, and also have 2 lovely single parent daughters with hard working N stream /ITE grandchildren
and they all live in a rented single room HDB flat happily ever after.

Inter-racial (worse when inter-religous is added in) marriage is hard to sustain. After the initial infatuation, I hope she wakes up and thinks rationally. Even Joanne Peh has to give up her Italian saussage for a Cantonese Lup Cheong.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Why does Muslim insist on converting spouses when married? Are they afraid the religion is unable to stand on its own merits?