• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LKY says we OWE our jobs to Foreign Talent, so better welcome them. WTF?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - LKY: We will continue to welcome FT!</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"></TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89_ <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Jul-22 8:33 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(1 of 28) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>54410.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD id=msgtxt_1 class=msgtxt>Lee Kuan Yew: We will continue to welcome ‘talent’

PostDateIcon.png
July 23rd, 2011 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Temasek Review |
PostEditIcon.png
Edit

Despite the public backlash at the relentless influx of foreigners, PAP supreme leader Lee Kuan Yew is adamant that the pro-foreigner PAP regime will continue to welcome ‘talent’.
Speaking at a dialogue to wrap up the two-day South Asian Diaspora convention in Singapore on Friday, Lee was asked about the issue of attracting ‘foreign talent’ in Singapore given the possible political implications.
“For some time, the Singaporean has felt the competition from talented foreigners. But these are people who have come here to become our citizens and I am a firm believer that the more talent that you have in a society, the better the society will grow,” he replied nonchalantly.
Lee did not elaborate on his definition of ‘talent’. Under the PAP’s indiscriminate and unthinking immigration policies, even cleaners, sales assistants, nursery teachers, construction workers, bus drivers, masseurs and taxi-drivers are given Singapore PRs and citizenships.
“It’s because we have been drawing talent from across the globe – South Asia, Northeast Asia, China, India and beyond that – you have a vibrant economy which is way beyond what three million Singaporeans with the talent they can produce can do,” he continue to boast.
As for the discomfort felt by Singaporeans, Lee remarked callously that they will have to ‘accept’ it.
“So you’ve got to accept the discomfort, which the local citizens fear that they are competing unequally for jobs. (It) cannot be helped. But without them, the jobs will not be there to begin with. So welcome talent and we’ll continue to welcome talent.”
Lee doesn’t seem to realize that Singapore is NOT attracting the top talent from the world, but economic migrants and opportunists who are only making use of Singapore as a springboard for greener pastures elsewhere.
At the same time he is mass-importing foreigners into Singapore, real local talents are leaving Singapore in droves to ply their trades elsewhere for the future of their children.
Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong had earlier promised to ‘moderate’ the inflow of foreigners into Singapore.
Judging from Lee Kuan Yew’s ‘pledge’ to welcome more ‘talent’, Singaporeans will have to repent for the next five years and beyond or start preparing to vote with their feet.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - PRC don't understand english</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"></TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>rodliao <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Jul-22 7:09 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(1 of 12) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>54405.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD id=msgtxt_1 class=msgtxt>Cabby told passenger off for eating a longan
http://motoring.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/Transport/Story/A1Story20110714-289133.html
Above: Two police officers explaining to Miss Zhu that the cabby was unhappy she was eating in his taxi.
By Pearly Tan
Hungry from having skipped lunch, the 47-year-old woman decided to have a longan while in a taxi. She was told off by the cabby, who spoke in English.
Miss Zhu, a Chinese national, didn't understand what he was scolding her for, reported Lianhe Wanbao.
So she called the police.
The incident happened on Sunday afternoon, after Miss Zhu boarded a taxi at Fu Lu Shou Complex at Bugis Street.
The New Paper understands that it was a silver Premier taxi that she took.
She was making her way back to her beauty parlour at Hougang Street 21 with a bag of fruits including some longans.
Miss Zhu told Lianhe Wanbao: "By the time I boarded the taxi, it was already about 2.45pm and I had not had my lunch.

"I was so hungry and I felt faint...I recalled that the sugar in longans could give me energy
. So I hurriedly peeled one and put it in my mouth."
She said she was chatting on her mobile phone as she did that.
But the minute she got off the phone, the taxi driver scolded her, she claimed.
Miss Zhu said: "My English is poor and he (the cabby) couldn't speak Mandarin. I couldn't understand him...
"Then he turned around in the driver's seat and began pointing his finger at me ."
She said that she called the police as the cabby's actions frightened her.
Two officers soon arrived at the scene.
Police confirmed that they received a call at 2.55pm on Sunday for help in a dispute between a taxi driver and his passenger along Upper Serangoon Road.
Miss Zhu said that it was only after the police explained to her that she realised the cabby was unhappy about her eating in his taxi.
Miss Zhu showing the bags of fruit, including some longans, which she had with her when she boarded the silver taxi at Fu Lu Shou Complex on Sunday.
Still, she insisted: "I only put it (the longan) in my mouth. I didn't even eat it."
She said she has since made a complaint with the taxi company.
Premier Taxi did not respond to our calls or e-mails on the incident.
The New Paper also contacted five other taxi companies on their policies regarding passengers eating and drinking in taxis.
Of the two companies that replied, both said that taxi drivers are discouraged from allowing passengers to eat or drink in their cabs.
A spokesman for TransCab said that while food and drink isn't allowed in cabs, it's up to the cabby's discretion whether or not to allow his passengers to slurp or chomp away in his vehicle. An SMRT spokesman agreed.
He said: "At SMRT Taxis, we don't impose eating and drinking policies in our taxis.
"However, for reasons of hygiene and cleanliness, we strongly encourage all passengers not to eat or drink in our taxis."
TransCab also said that its cabbies do not have the right to ask passengers to alight.
And if a taxi that is returned to it has a strong odour or food remnants, the company would clean up the interior before re-issuing the vehicle to another driver.
As for food consumption on other forms of public transport, Rapid Transit Systems rules stipulate that eating and drinking are not allowed in MRT stations and trains.
The maximum penalty for doing so while in or on any part of the railway premises is $500.
Eating on buses is also not allowed.
SMRT said that its service leaders (SLs) will "advise passengers who are found eating or drinking not to do so".
Its spokesman said: "Passengers who witness others eating or drinking in the bus should inform our SLs.
"We have also put up 'no food and drinks' signs in our buses to remind all passengers to be considerate and to help keep our buses clean at all times."

Bet she was trying to get a taste of the cabby's longans and was told off by the cabby instead
<HR SIZE=1>Edited 7/22/2011 10:11 pm ET by rodliao</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - LKY: We will continue to welcome FT!</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"></TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89_ <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Jul-22 8:33 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(1 of 28) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>54410.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD id=msgtxt_1 class=msgtxt>Lee Kuan Yew: We will continue to welcome ‘talent’

PostDateIcon.png
July 23rd, 2011 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Temasek Review |
PostEditIcon.png
Edit

Despite the public backlash at the relentless influx of foreigners, PAP supreme leader Lee Kuan Yew is adamant that the pro-foreigner PAP regime will continue to welcome ‘talent’.
Speaking at a dialogue to wrap up the two-day South Asian Diaspora convention in Singapore on Friday, Lee was asked about the issue of attracting ‘foreign talent’ in Singapore given the possible political implications.
“For some time, the Singaporean has felt the competition from talented foreigners. But these are people who have come here to become our citizens and I am a firm believer that the more talent that you have in a society, the better the society will grow,” he replied nonchalantly.
Lee did not elaborate on his definition of ‘talent’. Under the PAP’s indiscriminate and unthinking immigration policies, even cleaners, sales assistants, nursery teachers, construction workers, bus drivers, masseurs and taxi-drivers are given Singapore PRs and citizenships.
“It’s because we have been drawing talent from across the globe – South Asia, Northeast Asia, China, India and beyond that – you have a vibrant economy which is way beyond what three million Singaporeans with the talent they can produce can do,” he continue to boast.
As for the discomfort felt by Singaporeans, Lee remarked callously that they will have to ‘accept’ it.
“So you’ve got to accept the discomfort, which the local citizens fear that they are competing unequally for jobs. (It) cannot be helped. But without them, the jobs will not be there to begin with. So welcome talent and we’ll continue to welcome talent.”
Lee doesn’t seem to realize that Singapore is NOT attracting the top talent from the world, but economic migrants and opportunists who are only making use of Singapore as a springboard for greener pastures elsewhere.
At the same time he is mass-importing foreigners into Singapore, real local talents are leaving Singapore in droves to ply their trades elsewhere for the future of their children.
Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong had earlier promised to ‘moderate’ the inflow of foreigners into Singapore.
Judging from Lee Kuan Yew’s ‘pledge’ to welcome more ‘talent’, Singaporeans will have to repent for the next five years and beyond or start preparing to vote with their feet.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This is unfortunately true and very sad. The really talented native born sinkies are leaving in droves for other countries. Old Goat thinks its a simple one for one exchange to bring in these FTs, not realising that these are lower quality people.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still, she insisted: "I only put it (the longan) in my mouth. I didn't even eat it."

Try to understand her lah. She put longan in her mouth but didn't eat it!
The next time she may not understand why her kindness is not appreciated when she offers cha siew pow to the Malay drivers!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Try to understand her lah. She put longan in her mouth but didn't eat it!
The next time she may not understand why her kindness is not appreciated when she offers cha siew pow to the Malay drivers!

She put the longan in her mouth to simulate what she would do to his testicles, if he gives her a free ride. But he did not fall for it and told her to fuck off.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
LKY is truly getting senile.

After his wife died, he no longer can give valid, political correct prepositions to calm the citizens, over these few years, I've noticed that LKY's presentation to the public is declining rapidly to a state of senility.

So conclusion is that, the true leader of Singapore was LKY's wife, Madam Kwa, in bedroom politics.

The Social Engineering Program enacted by PAP is running ashtray, and there is a need to stop more FTs coming in, and assess the situation.

even the 60% is getting unhappy... anyways... the 60% have no balls.

The truth is, no body owe anyone our living... so, the thing is, Singaporeans must learn how to work unitedly, and work together to get these infestation out. Especially the lowly educated FTs, and those that caused social problems.

LKY is the old KY Jelly. he is losing it.

LKY has been senile for quite a while now. A few years ago, there was a rumour that the suffered a stroke. I can see the evidence of that. When he talks, one side of his mouth is not really moving. Also, he has dry throat and swallows all the time, this condition being cuased by his medication. With his long time sidekick in crime Gecko pushing up daisies, he is for sure affected by this too. I think Gay Loong put the word out to all the NGOs not to invite him to give speeches as he damages the PAP when he does. But I guess the keklings did not get the memo.