• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LKY on monotheist religions from Muddle East - firm Gahmen needed

bigozt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Israel gahmen is not firm. It lets all these skull cap wearing, braided hair orthodox extremists have a political space instead of detention without trial. So some idiot with a gun assassinates Rabin like Sadat of Egypt.

Palestinians are simply dumb not to back the PLO all the way, so they turn to Hamas. Had PLO received a strong mandate, all Hamas leaders would be cold storaged.

With troublemakers out of the way, Jews and Palestinians can buiild a lasting peace, instead of them derailing the peace process every decade.

superpower

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old fart may have been a bastard in many ways but I've always respected his gumption in always voicing out his opinions no matter how unpalatable and incongruous they are with received opinion. In other country he'd have been forced to step down. Of course some of his views were misconceived and prejudiced, but many a time he nailed it.

He once called Australia the 'white trash of Asia', and in National Day Rally speech commented that 'white man marry you fast, divorce you even faster.'

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old fart may have been a bastard in many ways but I've always respected his gumption in always voicing out his opinions no matter how unpalatable and incongruous they are with received opinion. In other country he'd have been forced to step down. Of course some of his views were misconceived and prejudiced, but many a time he nailed it.

He once called Australia the 'white trash of Asia', and in National Day Rally speech commented that 'white man marry you fast, divorce you even faster.'

Why no comment on white women? Did he secretly piak many amdl in Cambridge?

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal

You missed the context.
He fearmongered Australia because Sinkies were going there in droves. He understood chink psychology of fear.

They should publish the statistics. I think the numbers emigrating has been on an uptrend since he uttered those words. Also they should number them by ethnicity.
This past year was probably the highest.

superpower

Alfrescian
Loyal
You missed the context.
He fearmongered Australia because Sinkies were going there in droves. He understood chink psychology of fear.

They should publish the statistics. I think the numbers emigrating has been on an uptrend since he uttered those words. Also they should number them by ethnicity.
This past year was probably the highest.
Actually no. He made the 'white trash' comment privately to Bob Hawke in '83 when Australia's economy was undergoing hyper-inflation, but Bob Hawke made it public.

That was way before Sinkies started emigrating to Australia in droves, starting with Indians because of the Speak Mandarin Campaign, and then other races later on for various reasons like children's education, poor work-life balance, high cost of living, etc.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually no. He made the 'white trash' comment privately to Bob Hawke in '83 when Australia's economy was undergoing hyper-inflation, but Bob Hawke made it public.

That was way before Sinkies started emigrating to Australia in droves, starting with Indians because of the Speak Mandarin Campaign, and then other races later on for various reasons like children's education, poor work-life balance, high cost of living, etc.
You underestimate LKY's guile. I bet he is planning for someone else to take his place in the flames so he can go where it's less hot!