• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living well, leaving well': Yishun end-of-life art exhibition...Boss John and Bro Glockmam, u see kym?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.todayonline.com/singapo...seniors-demystify-death-document-life-2385221

• A senior-led exhibition, Tides, features a group of eight women and their reflections on end-of-life matters
  • The project engaged seniors in the Yishun community over nine months to form art works based on "living well" and "leaving well"
  • They include a photo series documenting a woman's life with her mother who has dementia, and a short film of older women learning to swim
  • The exhibit ends this week, running until the evening of March 20

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore

'Living well, leaving well': Yishun end-of-life art exhibition allows seniors to demystify death, document life​

ADVERTISEMENT​

'Living well, leaving well': Yishun end-of-life art exhibition allows seniors to demystify death, document life​

Madam Devi Maniam with her artwork entitled ‘From Atha to You’, on March 15, 2024. Her artwork is a part of Tides art exhibition held at Wellness Kampung @ 765 Nee Soon Central.
Ooi Boon Keong/TODAY
Madam Devi Maniam with her artwork entitled ‘From Atha to You’, on March 15, 2024. Her artwork is a part of Tides art exhibition held at Wellness Kampung @ 765 Nee Soon Central.
Follow TODAY on WhatsApp

Listen to this article
6 min
New: You can now listen to articles.
close.svg

This audio is generated by an AI tool.
  • A senior-led exhibition, Tides, features a group of eight women and their reflections on end-of-life matters
  • The project engaged seniors in the Yishun community over nine months to form art works based on "living well" and "leaving well"
  • They include a photo series documenting a woman's life with her mother who has dementia, and a short film of older women learning to swim
  • The exhibit ends this week, running until the evening of March 20

Nikki Yeo
BY NIKKI YEO
Published March 18, 2024
Updated March 19, 2024
SINGAPORE — Until nine months ago, 70-year-old Devi Maniam could hardly have imagined that pictures of her home-cooked chicken rendang and roti jala would become part of an art exhibition focused on end-of-life conversations.
However, that was before she became a senior collaborator on Tides, an exhibition bringing together the artistic creations and experiences of eight senior women who regularly attend the Wellness Kampung @ 765 Nee Soon Central.
Her family’s favourite dishes of hers — ghee rice, fried chicken and chicken curry — have been documented in a series of photos titled From Atha to You, taken by her daughter.
The pictures are overlaid with handwritten messages exchanged between Madam Devi and her grandchildren.
“Without this project, I wouldn’t have done so much... the posters, I get to see my grandchildren’s messages," Madam Devi said.

READ ALSO​

Arts group to engage Malay community in talking about death via upcoming stage production

Her grandchildren calls her "atha", or grandmother, and have written, "I love you so much", "from young I’m eating your food", "I’m so grateful to you".

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Samsters, please share your feeling after seeing exhibition....ending on 20 March, so please hurry and dun miss the boat

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please give sirpok at below address:

The exhibition, located at the void deck of Block 765 Yishun Street 72, pairs seniors' art works with their familiar neighbourhood centre spaces.