• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Investing in Nusajaya

Expensive! haha....i almost got the ND semi-d but after a couple of viewing i find it too big, im single n will only have occassional family & friends over for sat night football n bbq hehe, so i guess NI size is just right. got it at 535k with all misc acquisition cost absorbed by developer, its a nice (and rare) end lot corner, i like the end lot here cos its like a small corner/cluster with 10ft land as i do not want to have a tipycal corner with huge 20ft land. Its 32x75, so essentially its similar to ND's cluster, but smaller built up. Well its for own stay n long term, so i guess its alright

I thought that was the pricing for phase 7 lauched 2 -3 months back :smile:
Btw.. i too agree with another bro... i don't believe there are too many JB real estate agents here. I hope i did not sound like one for recommending the resale market

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Here's my take.
Nusa Sentral, Nusa Bayu or similar devts may be cheaper but upside not as good if ever there will be one.

If for investment who is most likely to buy? Prospective Singaporeans subsale buyers prefer upmarket precincts while Johoreans will think you already crazy paying such prices to developers.

If for own stay. Then wouldn't you prefer exclusivity and neighbours of a similar wavelength. Last year I was all besotted by Bandar Dato Onn's Spanish influenced designs. But there was one intermediate joker who painted his whole exterior a bright Hulk shade of green and I went limp thinking of that unit in my field of view everyday.

Nusa Idaman belongs to the tier after EL and HH. Looking at occupied units the crowd there have decent taste. Anyway if you pronounced 'Nusa Idaman' as it should be pronounced, those within earshot will nod and agree...

"Yes... You Da Man.."

This i disagree. Nusa Idaman owners especially a few from Heliconia precinct have atrocious taste. Just look at the row facing the park/main road... those guys virtually changed their houses to 1970s styling. But talk about poor taste, the winner of them all goes to the house at the junction of Jusco/Horizon Hills (meaning if you are coming from highway at the first traffic light, look north east)

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
After the past 3 years here, i learnt to "curb my enthusiam". My colleagues wanted to come by yesterday but i couldn't move much. They are very very keen now. My relatives who bought Nusa Duta and who were so reluctant in the past are now so happy to start their renovation. Another relative who also has Nusa Duta is starting on Monday so asked to stay over at our place over the weekend. More than happy to oblige. For some reason, seeing people happy makes me much more happier than before.

Even my wife said to me recently, she said i tend to smile more and laugh for longer ever since we started coming out here.

Haha yes, on a philosophical note, sometimes i asked myself what makes my life meaningful?
I realised helping people and making others happy is one of them.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Two things to share today.

1) Heading into HH/EL from Tuas, saw massive jam at 2nd link around Gelang Patah side heading into Singapore around 7 plus am. This is the first time I have seen such a massive jam which stretch over 2-3 exit of the highway.. possibly 5-10km long. My friend was struck inside the mother of all jams and found that a huge truck had overturned and and most part of the body is in right most lane.. middle lane is also inaccessible. There are huge mess.. as thousands of crates of eggs and some metals were scattered all across the road.. at least 50,000pc eggs were crushed. Friend saw the emergency team carried a body bag into a vehicle.. Not sure if its really a body but it could be some eggs that had been overturned. Hope we dont have such major and fatal accidents so often!

2) Reaching Horizon Hills for golf, saw the whole place engulfed with misty. I mean, I cant really see 50m ahead. Only HH has this special nature effect. It could be the rain all day and night long.. I drove into Gateway and imagine I was standing at Gateway and can't see the Golf houses clearly.. such is the mist thickness which enveloped the entire HH. I was told by my friend when he was leaving for Singapore in the morning, he cant even see the Hills entrance when he was at the roundabout.. he thought the world is going to end.

Anyone experience this morning?

I went to work at 1030am today and ALL lanes were still blocked... yes i saw the eggs and i swear i could smell it from inside the car... then at AYE i saw a motocycle banged into a small car causing it to cave in, the motocyclist was an Indian man and he lay on the road motionless... ghosh this is the umpteenth time i see this on the road... another time i saw a motocyclist banged into an old Merc from the back and his motocycle was stucked in the rear of the car while he was sitting on the motocycle motionless like dead... all in all i have seen 2 serious motocycle accidents in SG and at least 3 in MY

Last edited:

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal

There is no end to waiting, cos when it go down everyone will rush to buy. I paid a one percent for a condo in novena, next day stock market crashed, hub decided to let go of the one percent, I was very unhappy as it's penthouse with very good MBS n fireworks view. His analogy, why buy high when we can buy low later? Am still waiting ( neck very long liao) my analogy, why bother? As we intend to rent out. Which bank will give u the interest as the rental U?

My tots, buy according to affordability.

I concur on buying based on affordability & within ones means..

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aiya... i kan chiong spyder mah... but it's natural to be worrying lah..... its like when you get to know that ur area has termites problem you will go "huh?!" then you hear that many of the houses built by your developer has big time leaking toilet problem you will go "what the??!!"

Got money sure can solve problems.... got money can even buy land and build bunglow.... but the problem is.... no money.... thats why shift to JB...(okok...i know alot of rich singaporean here also shift to JB)... thats why buy from SP Setia....

Furthermore, Sp Setia houses are not necessarily cheaper.... a small 1750sq feet intermediate terrace cost 420k.... lousy quality somemore.... can only blame myself for not doing enough research before signing on the dotted line...

Actually think Setia quality is relatively similar to other developers so sometimes you do get a lemon.
I have a Intermediate terrace in SEG & so far no issues though my neighbour had a burst pipe..

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal

nusa sentral is by country view..i don have good impression of them..i remember there was an incident at nusa indah whereby they promised the precint g&g and end up no gates at all!..i could be mistaken..also last time when i was at nusa indah, guarded means a oil drum with a manual gantry..don know whether got improve or not..i think they tend to overpromise...again things may have changed.

cheers.

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rental market is a joke in JB lah !
You move around JB , how often you come across a FTs that earn 5 - 10K a month ?
I have yet to met one in my 3yrs stay in JB lor. But back in SG, everywhere I go , I sure to see one. KNN , Singapore is the only country in the world where FTs stay terrace houses and senior citizen wipe tables and clean toilet one.
So who you want to rent your house to in JB ?

Actually think Setia quality is relatively similar to other developers so sometimes you do get a lemon.
I have a Intermediate terrace in SEG & so far no issues though my neighbour had a burst pipe..

Your neighbor had a bursted pipe.... Thanx man... Thts makes me feel better already... Haha kidding....
I try not to think abt all Tht have bee said abt the poor quality of sp setia already... Cos it really dampen the exciting feeling of waiting for the keys...
But keeping informed of how jialat their workmanship can get helps to lower down my expectation and I blood vessels won't burst if happens my unit is badly built.... Good to know ur seg unit is alrite....

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal

Your neighbor had a bursted pipe.... Thanx man... Thts makes me feel better already... Haha kidding....
I try not to think abt all Tht have bee said abt the poor quality of sp setia already... Cos it really dampen the exciting feeling of waiting for the keys...
But keeping informed of how jialat their workmanship can get helps to lower down my expectation and I blood vessels won't burst if happens my unit is badly built.... Good to know ur seg unit is alrite....
For him, he found it during inspection after VP, so the rectification took around 3 weeks prior him starting renovations..
For me, not much issues except like wat some says that the tap & kitchen sink cannot make it..
however the toilet bowl & toilet wash basin are fine..

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal

Adding on to arsenal bro. I am onto this strategy as well. Mainly because I am priced out of property in Sg. Also as a singleton, BTS HDB is not accessible me and resale is not bang for buck as owners selling are asking for hefty premiums. Private of course has an added premium. So I chose to go ahead buy the JB house and have the extra monies rummage the stock exchange.

One has to realize that winning in the stock market is not just about price increase, one can take short/long positions in SG/HKG/US or other international markets, current/futures, companies/ETFs/commodities/currencies. Offers so much more financial management freedom. If I were to wait till I can afford SG house, by the time I can buy into choice developments in JB, what kind of market would that be? What if I get priced out of the JB market then esp. good development in choice locations unless one is willing to venture even deeper into JB. This is something that would not be in my control. At least for now, I can see with my eyes and I could well afford it. And more importantly I am already enjoying the fruits of my purchase. A healthy and peaceful mind with quality living beats years of cramped up living in the pigeon hole counting peanuts to buy a money house. :p And I dare say, buying into living in JB, if you manage your finances properly can even speed up the goal of getting a place in SG I recently casually observed...

What GorengPisang said is true. Buy within your means.. However while one need to be rational, one also need to have some gut, luck and timing.
Singpapore property such as the Sails, Sentosa Cove was less than $1K psf at one stage.. 99 year lease.. It just doesn't make sense.. Property selling at 1K psf in Woodloand or Jurong also make no sense today... The easiest time to buy property is when market bottem from a crash..or it it when market is taking a turn to go up?

Isn't stocks a better option than property? or is it all about timing? Buy when there is fear?

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal

euphony, maybe you can try see buy from Singapore and get them to send to you directly from their warehouse in JB. I tried my luck with Nova and found out they could actually do that. Haven't buy from them yet though....

i tried, but the piece was not made in the JB factory unfortunately! :(

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

For him, he found it during inspection after VP, so the rectification took around 3 weeks prior him starting renovations..
For me, not much issues except like wat some says that the tap & kitchen sink cannot make it..
however the toilet bowl & toilet wash basin are fine..

Takes 3 weeks to rectify . Can you imagine if it happen after you renovated. The damn pipe leak right behind your kitchen cabinet ? They came , heck out a big part of your wall to locate where the leak ......replace a new PVC pipe again. Are they going to pay you your designer kitchen cabinet when they are done? Worse of all , this happen again maybe this time in your masterbed room , 3yrs after you moved in ? Why ? because when the soil shift , wall will crack and PVC pipes will give way one . Especially in JB where some developer cut coners on the foundation work. The only way out will be lay a new pipe without conceal .

Last edited:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal

Here's my take.
If for own stay. Then wouldn't you prefer exclusivity and neighbours of a similar wavelength. Last year I was all besotted by Bandar Dato Onn's Spanish influenced designs. But there was one intermediate joker who painted his whole exterior a bright Hulk shade of green and I went limp thinking of that unit in my field of view everyday.

:biggrin: your comment cracked me up. some people should just leave the job to interior designers or in the case you see, just leave it as is!!

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to share an analysis to compare property investment between Sg and JB now.
I looked at median salary, typical rental and price for a 3BR condo in both countries.
I found that the "median salaried" guy would find it much more affordable to purchase or to rent a condo in JB.
I'm talking about earning JB salary for JB condo, compared with earning Sg salary for Sg condo.

I then looked at the 70th percentile salary in both countries which is more realistic.
I found that the "70th percentile salaried" guy would still find it much more affordable to purchase or to rent a condo in JB than in Sg.
Note that I guestimate the 70th percentile salary for JB.

& the thing is that rental yield is also better in JB despite the fact that it is more affordable to rent in JB.
So the notion that JB salary is not sufficient to sustain the JB property market does not seem to hold water to me.
It points to either JB properties undervalued, or Sg properties overvalued, or combination of both.
What do you think ?

75Percentile-analysis.jpgMedian-analysis.jpg

Last edited:

Drops of Jupiter

Alfrescian
Loyal

:biggrin: your comment cracked me up. some people should just leave the job to interior designers or in the case you see, just leave it as is!!

Speaking of which, have you seen the horrible purple house near the Rochester (Bt Indah) area? Even the concrete wall iis purple.

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal

Takes 3 weeks to rectify . Can you imagine if it happen after you renovated. The damn pipe leak right behind your kitchen cabinet ? They came , heck out a big part of your wall to locate where the leak ......replace a new PVC pipe again. Are they going to pay you your designer kitchen cabinet when they are done? Worse of all , this happen again maybe this time in your masterbed room , 3yrs after you moved in ? Why ? because when the soil shift , wall will crack and PVC pipes will give way one . Especially in JB where some developer cut coners on the foundation work. The only way out will be lay a new pipe without conceal .

Alamak... just when i was abt to feel better abt the negativities of my developer, you plant a new negative thought in my brain.... if the foundtion work wasnt done probably.... which is not unusual.... I did came across articles which says alot of the Sp Setia houses at Shah Alam are having cracked walls, pipes and drainage due to poor foundation work...

There are really 101 things that can go wrong if i'm gonna be the unlucky one... even houses at the very exclusive EL can have workshipman problems.... it's all about the kind of contractors the developer engaged....But then again, it could also be a case of developers engaging cheap cheap contractors, hence producing lok lok end product.... Things that we cannot control, just dont think abt them anymore... make ur life miserable only... i was a victim :*:

For now, my intention is to not shift in upon getting the keys... i'll give the house 1 year to withstand the rain, the heat, the soil shifting and also at the meantime wait for more occupants to shift in... every now and then i will go in and check for new defects....(also do more good deeds hopefully will help make everything soon soon) ensure that everything is okie liao then start reno...

Status
Not open for further replies.