• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very unlikely to imprement such things. More likely they will curb lending on 2nd , 3rd loan to 70% or maybe 60% lah .
Asked around a couple of days back and got the same conclusion. They would likely curb the lending and even if they need to go further, it will likely be on certain value/types of property. Example, below 300k. They will be very unlikely to force one to sell any existing ones. Just on the next purchase, one has to sell ones own. Affecting mainly new purchases.Won't really affect folks who only need one house. If they implement this for all types of housing, It may also mean some folks would be going after bigger houses since if one house is going to be the norm, then they might as well get a bigger one.

It is my understanding that the third loan is 70% or lower dependant on the applicant's credit rating...... Please correct me if the Infor is wrong!
Bro Wuqi states this would primarily affect house that are 300k or less, so presumably those above will be unaffected or will not have an adverse effect as the impact on the investment and therefore growth potential in Iskandar and Malaysia in general would cause a rethink by potential investors......IMO

http://www.homeguru.com.my/property...ening-measures-on-luxury-property-market-bad-

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is my understanding that the third loan is 70% or lower dependant on the applicant's credit rating...... Please correct me if the Infor is wrong!Bro Wuqi states this would primarily affect house that are 300k or less, so presumably those above will be unaffected or will not have an adverse effect as the impact on the investment and therefore growth potential in Iskandar and Malaysia in general would cause a rethink by potential investors......IMO

You are talking abt potential speculators not investors or buyers

JB properties are no bubbles yet why worry? If they curb 2nd or 3rd loan lower to 70% or 60% should discourage speculators not buyers. Otherwise people might over leverage and that will be very bad if recession strike.

Last edited:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very unlikely to imprement such things. More likely they will curb lending on 2nd , 3rd loan to 70% or maybe 60% lah .
You are talking abt potential speculators not investors or buyers JB properties are no bubbles yet why worry? If they curb 2nd or 3rd loan lower to 70% or 60% should discourage speculators not buyers. Otherwise people might over leverage and that will be very bad if recession strike.
I agree with U as a property bubble is bad. From a long term investment point, it would deter or make it more onerous for someone who wants to buy more than 2 properties for investment as well as from the aspect of rental incomes. By all means protect those who are trying to get onto the 'property ladder' BUT not curbing potential growth and capitalization of investments. That will surely affect everyone when investors, be they speculators or buyers, decide not to invest BUT go elsewhere where it's more investors friendly..... a catch "22" situation unfortunately!

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is my understanding that the third loan is 70% or lower dependant on the applicant's credit rating...... Please correct me if the Infor is wrong!
Bro Wuqi states this would primarily affect house that are 300k or less, so presumably those above will be unaffected or will not have an adverse effect as the impact on the investment and therefore growth potential in Iskandar and Malaysia in general would cause a rethink by potential investors......IMO

http://www.homeguru.com.my/property...ening-measures-on-luxury-property-market-bad-

back after a long haitus. finally moving in to new property after months of wait as some of you are experiencing is unbearable. and like AP and cathy, I agree home improvement will be a long work in progress prefer to pick furniture and carpentry works i really like and add on bit by bit. lucky it was fast tracked for me need not wait for years to move in. as for the property curb. it is already in place. 3rd property no more than 70% loan and applies across the board no price ranges. This i think is reasonable though am affected myself.

as for new initiatives those are just talk. To garner the malay folk vote for umno. They're talking through their asses as usual. I think there is a growing malay population with foresight looking beyond this brand of politics (refer bersih 2.0). Anyway, even if it ever is actually implemented, the responsible parties will see their folly and make a u-turn as per usual pattern. take the recent finger printing brouhaha for example.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
back after a long haitus. finally moving in to new property after months of wait as some of you are experiencing is unbearable. and like AP and cathy, I agree home improvement will be a long work in progress prefer to pick furniture and carpentry works i really like and add on bit by bit. lucky it was fast tracked for me need not wait for years to move in. as for the property curb. it is already in place. 3rd property no more than 70% loan and applies across the board no price ranges. This i think is reasonable though am affected myself. as for new initiatives those are just talk. To garner the malay folk vote for umno. They're talking through their asses as usual. I think there is a growing malay population with foresight looking beyond this brand of politics (refer bersih 2.0). Anyway, even if it ever is actually implemented, the responsible parties will see their folly and make a u-turn as per usual pattern. take the recent finger printing brouhaha for example.
Welcome back and congrats on the moving in :smile: Updates please on progress of your home improvements!!Yes, probably a politically motivated announcement! So hopefully it's just that.......On a different note, "Teacher in the House...... mind the spellings..... :smile:"

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Welcome back and congrats on the moving in :smile: Updates please on progress of your home improvements!!Yes, probably a politically motivated announcement! So hopefully it's just that.......On a different note, "Teacher in the House...... mind the spellings..... :smile:"

cheers. updates? sure! for starters have been looking high and low for furniture. the designs in JB are generally very bland and very little in the way of modern contemporary although definitely cheaper as a whole vis a vis SG. I think the lighting shops fare better than furniture shops in JB. Its interesting to note that a good handful of contemporary designs actually are made in MY but has limited runs and are exported direct. I may be going to koda in SG and see if they'll send from their factory to me direct.

I have been hunting for months from vanhoden to rustica to gucca in molek to some shop in tebrau aeon to soonly ann in taman gaya to cellini in sutera mall to iBenz/ANZ/livorno just outside of nusa duta to livano/hup lee/nova further down the road.

Notables:
- I think iBenz has the most collection of contemporary pieces and the replicas seem to be closest to original. Will be getting that and replica barcelona chairs. I was looking for panton S chairs, and they told me they have a glossy finish similar to the original which not many replicas have.

- Vanhoden in molek is a black shop mentioned by a few @ renotalk and I wanted to get a nice bedframe but decided against it last minute.

- Cellini is contemporary but has some funk mixed in such as golden leather wrapped pieces or glossy piano black surfaces that I cannot really stomach although the forms of these furniture is not bad at all. Not cheap though (think they're in sg too).

- Gucca has very nice eames lounge replica, they've started bringing in fortuny lamp replicas not bad at all (go to proofliving in ion to compare the price difference and drop your jaws)

- Rustica has a good collection of leather wrapped side tables with contrast stitching very g.o.d (HKG) lovely!

- I passed by Hong Lee opposite Nova (Jln bestari area near bestmart) they have very slick interesting aluminum installations for wardrobe to kitchen to glass shower to shoe cabinets, faucet fittings etc. I will definitely go to them for carpentry works in the future though they do charge a fair bit for it. Interestingly i found this dining place, if you walk from Hong lee to junction of malay village restaurant look 'inwards', you'll see some low cost flats and a 'hidden' row of shophouses one of them called 林明. Very nicely done dishes, 2 thumbs up from me. Tried their homemade noodles hokkien mee, marmite chicken rice and in house fried tofu. Not very well known because its hidden in the inner lane. Was asking the shops around for good food and this was the recommendation.

- There is this simple shop between hup lee and nova (very big but nondescript facade). went in not expecting much and i chanced upon a minimalist wood bedframe i really liked. subtly pushed it from different sides and it seems sturdy and not shaky at all without creaking sounds. If I do not find any other bed frames I like more they will be getting their hard-earned business from me soon.

- For those who are seeking design inspirations especially modern contemporary try to get the scandinavian modern home by elizabeth wilhide for starters. Its colored glossy so not cheap better if you have a good library membership to design schools =D

Last edited:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi

Can you please clear your inbox ? I need your advice.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there, perhaps you should directly put it up in the forum for faster response from readers using this board. If everyone is knocking on Wuqi's e-door he'll be pretty drained and I think he's got finite resources. There is a few hundred pages here to pour through where the most pertinent questions are answered very aptly.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reading back i noticed a trend of folks talking about pros and cons of developments. we should since we're vested and very eager to shift in to build our new life! i guess it might be better if we refrain from a vs b type of statements since we'd always be biased towards our purchases and since that is the very basis to which we made our final decisions and will automatically become defensive. also we should also appreciate each development has its own theme and meets a targeted niche. Different developments meet different needs. Perhaps a better format is owners such as ourselves bring up the pros and cons rather than just the plus factors? Whatever the case, it is indeed informative reading about the information here. Helps me to ask better questions when i meet sales reps of these developments more than the rudimentary how much, how big, how many left and how long more...
:biggrin:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
been to mydin outside EL/LH. It is a welcomed addition (including a police outpost!) in terms of groceries though i am more interested in the ID/furniture shop there. Btw how do we get there? I took the illegal turn up the flyover slightly past mydin and 'u-turned' back. i hope legoland will materialize quick so that the lifestyle mall touted to be the largest will come to fruition making the area closer to more amenities. I hope meidi-ya will open an outlet there or jason's or NTUC finess or jones the grocer or culina just COME AND SET UP SHOP PLEASE!!! it'll be perfecto!

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
been to mydin outside EL/LH. It is a welcomed addition (including a police outpost!) in terms of groceries though i am more interested in the ID/furniture shop there. Btw how do we get there? I took the illegal turn up the flyover slightly past mydin and 'u-turned' back. i hope legoland will materialize quick so that the lifestyle mall touted to be the largest will come to fruition making the area closer to more amenities. I hope meidi-ya will open an outlet there or jason's or NTUC finess or jones the grocer or culina just COME AND SET UP SHOP PLEASE!!! it'll be perfecto!

If we're talking about the same flyover, the spot where you made a right hand u-turn is actually a very big roundabout. So you should turn left, instead of right, and use the big roundabout to do your u-turn back towards Anjung's Mydin.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
If we're talking about the same flyover, the spot where you made a right hand u-turn is actually a very big roundabout. So you should turn left, instead of right, and use the big roundabout to do your u-turn back towards Anjung's Mydin.

oic! did not know it was a roundabout! =p thankfully it was pretty deserted when i was making the turn.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey ginfreely, definitely better, had less allergic reaction after i installed it. Its a little flimsy though, one side of it where you screw in the filter, so have to be careful with the cap. $59 i believe.
The water definitely felt different. :smile:

Good that the Vivocity one is effective :smile: Just bought the Cosway one at RM79 as cheaper and there are so many shops everywhere in JB, more convenient as seldom go Vivocity. Hehe the water didn't feel different though for the Cosway one :biggrin:

Talking about water, understand there is a small water tank on top of roof for the houses in Malaysia. Do people clean these water tank on top of their houses? How they clean?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok. we cool now.
Wanted to contribute to filter discussion before I got sidetracked.

Water Filter.
Saw some huge tanklike installations outside a few houses. But after thinking thru it,
I gather the best is a faucet filter.
1. Its installed right at the very end of the supply chain.
2. Bypass feature so you can choose to filter only for potable needs.

Quite a few selection of faucet filters here in Johore and Spore diy shops and big marts. I am not into those brands claiming dubious health benefits, zooming in only on reputable brands offering straight water filtering properties.

1. Panasonic PJ-225R. Price RM119. Made in Japan. Old model but cheapest so far. Filter canister lasts 700 litres. Replacement Filter price RM28 for 2pcs. Canister has little see thru window. New model Japanese made faucet filters cost about $300 and above.

2. Waterpik by instapure. Brand known for water implements. $79 and above. Available at best Denki. Most attractive design. For those those with stylo mylo kitchen don't want to spoil the sleek lines with white plastic blob hanging off the sink tap, the F8 is your answer. Nice chrome look to match your tap.

3. Gurgle by Hyflux. $100 in Sing and RM250 in My (no arbitrage opportunity). Replacement canister $46. Lasts 1200 litres. After all water filtration is Hyflux' raison d'etre, they don't do anything else. Proprietary membrane tech. Your best bet.

For best results run water thru the filters a few sec before filling your jug or kettle everytime. (Water collects at the canister). If going on holiday, unscrew canister, put in ziplock bag and keep in fridge (not freezer).

Another topic..
The top of the line Astro subscription.

If you are thinking of subscribing or upgrading to Astro Beyond PVR. You get HD and a recording settop box that allows you to record 2 channels or watch 1 channel while rec another channel at the same time.
BUT, the big but they don't tell you at signup is, they need to run 2 coax cables from dish to your settop. Most households have been wired with only a single coax run.

Just a heads up so you can factor this in your home reno wiring, else engage comms contractor to install diplexors and such if you have already moved in and don't want ugly wiring on your wall.

Went to Carrefour Sutera mall and saw quite a good selection of water filter, more selection than Jusco. Saw a Philips faucet filter at RM99, replacement filter at RM40 for 2500 litres. Made in Japan. Sounds cheap and good. Anyone use before?!

http://www.purewater.philips.com/global/purifiers/purifiers_product_wp3861.aspx

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
cheers. updates? sure! for starters have been looking high and low for furniture. the designs in JB are generally very bland and very little in the way of modern contemporary although definitely cheaper as a whole vis a vis SG. I think the lighting shops fare better than furniture shops in JB. Its interesting to note that a good handful of contemporary designs actually are made in MY but has limited runs and are exported direct. I may be going to koda in SG and see if they'll send from their factory to me direct.

I have been hunting for months from vanhoden to rustica to gucca in molek to some shop in tebrau aeon to soonly ann in taman gaya to cellini in sutera mall to iBenz/ANZ/livorno just outside of nusa duta to livano/hup lee/nova further down the road.

Notables:
- I think iBenz has the most collection of contemporary pieces and the replicas seem to be closest to original. Will be getting that and replica barcelona chairs. I was looking for panton S chairs, and they told me they have a glossy finish similar to the original which not many replicas have.

- Vanhoden in molek is a black shop mentioned by a few @ renotalk and I wanted to get a nice bedframe but decided against it last minute.

- Cellini is contemporary but has some funk mixed in such as golden leather wrapped pieces or glossy piano black surfaces that I cannot really stomach although the forms of these furniture is not bad at all. Not cheap though (think they're in sg too).

- Gucca has very nice eames lounge replica, they've started bringing in fortuny lamp replicas not bad at all (go to proofliving in ion to compare the price difference and drop your jaws)

- Rustica has a good collection of leather wrapped side tables with contrast stitching very g.o.d (HKG) lovely!

- I passed by Hong Lee opposite Nova (Jln bestari area near bestmart) they have very slick interesting aluminum installations for wardrobe to kitchen to glass shower to shoe cabinets, faucet fittings etc. I will definitely go to them for carpentry works in the future though they do charge a fair bit for it. Interestingly i found this dining place, if you walk from Hong lee to junction of malay village restaurant look 'inwards', you'll see some low cost flats and a 'hidden' row of shophouses one of them called 林明. Very nicely done dishes, 2 thumbs up from me. Tried their homemade noodles hokkien mee, marmite chicken rice and in house fried tofu. Not very well known because its hidden in the inner lane. Was asking the shops around for good food and this was the recommendation.

- There is this simple shop between hup lee and nova (very big but nondescript facade). went in not expecting much and i chanced upon a minimalist wood bedframe i really liked. subtly pushed it from different sides and it seems sturdy and not shaky at all without creaking sounds. If I do not find any other bed frames I like more they will be getting their hard-earned business from me soon.

- For those who are seeking design inspirations especially modern contemporary try to get the scandinavian modern home by elizabeth wilhide for starters. Its colored glossy so not cheap better if you have a good library membership to design schools =D

What is the price range for the above mentioned furniture shops like for sofa, dining set, bed etc? Is it high end furniture?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi there, perhaps you should directly put it up in the forum for faster response from readers using this board. If everyone is knocking on Wuqi's e-door he'll be pretty drained and I think he's got finite resources. There is a few hundred pages here to pour through where the most pertinent questions are answered very aptly.

Oh , I understand that but its a bit personal , so i thought if asking him direct.
Thanks

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
cheers. updates? sure! for starters have been looking high and low for furniture. the designs in JB are generally very bland and very little in the way of modern contemporary although definitely cheaper as a whole vis a vis SG. I think the lighting shops fare better than furniture shops in JB. Its interesting to note that a good handful of contemporary designs actually are made in MY but has limited runs and are exported direct. I may be going to koda in SG and see if they'll send from their factory to me direct.I have been hunting for months from vanhoden to rustica to gucca in molek to some shop in tebrau aeon to soonly ann in taman gaya to cellini in sutera mall to iBenz/ANZ/livorno just outside of nusa duta to livano/hup lee/nova further down the road.Notables:- I think iBenz has the most collection of contemporary pieces and the replicas seem to be closest to original. Will be getting that and replica barcelona chairs. I was looking for panton S chairs, and they told me they have a glossy finish similar to the original which not many replicas have. - Vanhoden in molek is a black shop mentioned by a few @ renotalk and I wanted to get a nice bedframe but decided against it last minute.- Cellini is contemporary but has some funk mixed in such as golden leather wrapped pieces or glossy piano black surfaces that I cannot really stomach although the forms of these furniture is not bad at all. Not cheap though (think they're in sg too). - Gucca has very nice eames lounge replica, they've started bringing in fortuny lamp replicas not bad at all (go to proofliving in ion to compare the price difference and drop your jaws)- Rustica has a good collection of leather wrapped side tables with contrast stitching very g.o.d (HKG) lovely!- I passed by Hong Lee opposite Nova (Jln bestari area near bestmart) they have very slick interesting aluminum installations for wardrobe to kitchen to glass shower to shoe cabinets, faucet fittings etc. I will definitely go to them for carpentry works in the future though they do charge a fair bit for it. Interestingly i found this dining place, if you walk from Hong lee to junction of malay village restaurant look 'inwards', you'll see some low cost flats and a 'hidden' row of shophouses one of them called 林明. Very nicely done dishes, 2 thumbs up from me. Tried their homemade noodles hokkien mee, marmite chicken rice and in house fried tofu. Not very well known because its hidden in the inner lane. Was asking the shops around for good food and this was the recommendation. - There is this simple shop between hup lee and nova (very big but nondescript facade). went in not expecting much and i chanced upon a minimalist wood bedframe i really liked. subtly pushed it from different sides and it seems sturdy and not shaky at all without creaking sounds. If I do not find any other bed frames I like more they will be getting their hard-earned business from me soon.- For those who are seeking design inspirations especially modern contemporary try to get the scandinavian modern home by elizabeth wilhide for starters. Its colored glossy so not cheap better if you have a good library membership to design schools =D
Good selection.

Thanks for sharing Infor. May not be as extensive or stylish as in Sing BUT alternative is to buy from here and ship to JB. I think it wld be a costly affair........! Might want to go to the Persada expo next month, 7-9 Oct at Convention Centre in JB that's beside the Puteri (Pan) Pacific. Lunch at the Chinese restaurant in the Puteri Pacific is not bad. There's an exhibition of Home furnishing everything from taps to bedroom stuff. That's what I 've been told.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.