• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh yes , wrong rm8.50 is for 2 sqf , hence is rm4.25 psf lah , my mistake . Buy from nursery at Bukit Indah near the temple . I only do a small area , hence only spent about rm100 plus lor !:smile:

Ic ic bro then d price is goodlah i considerg royal grass wic is a brand of artificial grass but i still lookg cos its quite ex. Not sure whether any jb nursery or landscape got do it cos i found only those in kl. Wonderg any bro/sis know of any lobang for this?

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
those who are keen on nusa duta, i went today, 2 units semi-D has become available because their bank loans fell through. 1 bumi and the other international lot though they tell me they've reached quota. MYsian no prob.

1st time i'm there, seems like a nice development with a very fair asking price. there are plenty of plus points at the very least its G&G in comparison to those immediately next door and opposite behind station 1. Plus the fantastic location especially with the coastal highway close by.

i probed further for the apartment they're targeting to build. approximating 200k++ for a studio approx 500sq ft. seems expensive but guess what not available anymore as it's fully booked even before launch (its not even soft launched yet?!!!).

Bro, mind asking the international sem-D unit how much are they asking... and what is the size, if you remember?
Thank you.

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Btw, was at SP Setia showroom very recently.
The SkyLoft condominium now on sale for pre-registered buyers.
Apparently the prices have been jacked up, for foreigners will be myr400psf upwards since the minimum is myr500k, so that means either big units or high floor small units... Seems to be selling like hot cakes! :smile:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, mind asking the international sem-D unit how much are they asking... and what is the size, if you remember?
Thank you.

aiyoh left the brochure in my mum's car and she's gone off already. the kind sales girl wrote for me vaguely remember somewhere in the region 535k size is 2.5k sq ft plus built-up? =) u interested? i run out of ammo liaow =(

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Btw, was at SP Setia showroom very recently.
The SkyLoft condominium now on sale for pre-registered buyers.
Apparently the prices have been jacked up, for foreigners will be myr400psf upwards since the minimum is myr500k, so that means either big units or high floor small units... Seems to be selling like hot cakes! :smile:

seems like almost all project selling well. where r the buyers coming from?!! is the showroom for this project built?

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyoh left the brochure in my mum's car and she's gone off already. the kind sales girl wrote for me vaguely remember somewhere in the region 535k size is 2.5k sq ft plus built-up? =) u interested? i run out of ammo liaow =(

OK thanks... i go check it next week, look see look see...

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
seems like almost all project selling well. where r the buyers coming from?!! is the showroom for this project built?

Not sure about any showroom as did not enquire... only shown some brochures.
... quite a few high floor units already taken (yellow stickers)
... right now soft launch, they are going through invitations to 300-400 early birds who pre-registered with option fees/cheques
... for the 200odd-300 units on sale.
... the ones facing the park expected to be more popular
... the ones facing the pool will be noisier as it faces the highway
... when there, saw at least 3-4 groups/couples, all look either to be locals working in Spore or Sporeans...
After these early birds, then open for others/public.

I did not bother as have already booked my Fairway Suite :smile:
(of which I believe is a far superior project, no offence to Sky buyers) :smile:
... plus I think by the time reach my turn, all the good units are probably gone

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did not bother as have already booked my Fairway Suite :smile:
(of which I believe is a far superior project, no offence to Sky buyers) :smile:
... plus I think by the time reach my turn, all the good units are probably gone

i guess you'll have quite a few neighbors here as i recalled there were a few who've opted for a unit there. Gamuda's a strong name =)
on a longer term basis i really wish for more exciting architecture for residential highrises in jb. most look pedestrian compared to KL/SG/HK. I hope someday we'll see a troika (KL) or the sail (SG) or the arch (HK) in JB.

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
i guess you'll have quite a few neighbors here as i recalled there were a few who've opted for a unit there. Gamuda's a strong name =)
on a longer term basis i really wish for more exciting architecture for residential highrises in jb. most look pedestrian compared to KL/SG/HK. I hope someday we'll see a troika (KL) or the sail (SG) or the arch (HK) in JB.

I'm genuinely very happy with Fairway Suites as I'm imagining staying in a quiet, safe and relatively upscale neighborhood,... breathing fresh, north-south winds and taking in expansive, undulating views of the gorgeous golf course... and yet it is only 5mins drive into downtown Bkt Indah for all the amenities and services you'll ever need! ... not an entirely bad proposition for a weekend home away from a hectic lifestyle elsewhere!

Lets hope it turns out as well as it could be! :smile:

I heard the condo project at Puteri Harbor supposed to be very interesting and high-end, not sure if the troika or sail you look for, could be found there...

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
For some who choose to work their butt off in Sinkie Land , maybe they should reflex on this

http://health.asiaone.com/Health/News/Stor...620-285057.html

Top 5 regrets on deathbed

These are the top five regrets former nurse Bronnie Ware has heard from patients on their deathbeds:

1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I didn't work so hard.
3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish I had let myself be happier.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi guys...this is my situation..

my HDB flat is fully paid up...its value is around S$0.5mil. i have close to S$1mil in cash savings...My wife and I have around S$0.5mil in CPF savings (OA and SA)...so technically our assets is close to S$2m...i am 40 years old this year. our only liability is the 40K loan on our 3 year old car.

I am not boasting about what i have as I know there are loads of people out there who are doing much better than me...having said this, I would like to believe that i am doing relatively ok for my age given that i started with $0 to my name fresh from Uni 15 years ago. my wife and i lived frugally and we started with a 3rm HDB flat and moved up from there. I owned a condo before and have since sold it.

As i posted earlier, I was very tempted to commit to a JB house more than 10 years ago and is in fact still tempted today. even to a person like myself, i find it unthinkable to be able to retire comfortably in Sing given the way things are today - the unending rise in price of almost everythin. I held the thought 10 years ago and even more so today with 3 kids in tow. however what makes me stop each time is the simple notion of "value". No matter how expensive Sing houses are, there is an intrinsic premium that is associated with it. in other words, there must be a reason why even the shabbiest of 3 room HDB flat in Sing is worth more than the average terrace or semi-d in JB.

so instead of buying a JB house with the little money i have 10 years ago, i bite the bullet and bought a cheap condo in Sing...as it turned out, i made a better decision then.

However that was then, looking at the way things have panned out in JB, it seems that the tides have changed and now i think its the right time to get my dream house in JB.

or is it? :confused:

Still looking... :biggrin:

Looking at the flame war you have created... i feel obliged to offer my views :-p

It's all about timing and which generation you belong to. For those in their 40s, many would have caught the low property prices in SG that lasted almost a decade from 2002 to 2007. If you bought a condo in SG during this period, it probably has doubled in value by now. For those in their 20s, they are less fortunate than you in terms of cashing out property gains. That is the very reason for their frustration. By suggesting that they could succeed like you if they have tried hard enough, you touched the raw nerve that angered many.

Just think: if you buy a 99 yr LH condo in suburb at 800 psf today, what are your chances of gaining, and what are your chances of losing? So in terms of "intrinsic value" of property, i would say whatever intrinsic value there is would have been reflected in the pricing and the upside is getting very limited.

And it is not just about how much money one can make in property. It is about the frustration that every nice condo you go to, you turn your heads and see China Chinese and India Indians everywhere. The jam-packed MRT. The 100s of rules set by PAP such as if you press the emergency button in MRT you might get fined $5000, you find a bomb in your garden you settle it yourself, etc. The fact that FTs are throwing their weight around and even insulting locals in many cases.

So i would say, what you are addressing is just a single dimension. Never start writing by stating your net worth, there is a 50% chance you might be perceived as showing off.

Anyway, you seem very happy living in SG and you do not believe the Malaysian immigration would improve things... hence SG is probably a better place for you. I am sure during the next downturn you could buy a nice landed property in SG given your resources. Cheers.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you’ve made some truly interesting points. Not too many people would actually think about this the way you just did. I am really impressed that there is so much information about this subject that have been uncovered and you did it so well, with so much class. Thanks.

This looks like a SPAM to me

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually there are stations where they actually close both eyes but these tend to be less bz n hence safety becomes an issue. Even at petrol station that is bz must be alert. I ask passenger to lock n with me only enuf $ for top up. Reminded them to neva open no matter wat. So far encounter only sob story case askg for $ cos motor spoil and no $ to go home with his kid (yup armed with a dishevelled kid).

I was approached by a man wanting to sell a Rolex, passing it off as a genuine.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wha! Rm 400 psf now for Skyloft condo, no wonder I was told that the 2nd block at Fairway Suites may launch at Rm 400+ soon.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans look to JB as HDB prices rise
By Yow Hong Chieh
June 26, 2011

Despite having the strictest restrictions on foreign property ownership in the whole country, JB continues to attract rising number of property investors from Singapore. — file pic
KUALA LUMPUR, June 26 — Johor Bahru, once described by Lee Kuan Yew as “notorious for shootings, muggings and carjackings”, is fast becoming home to more and more Singaporeans eager to swap their modest HDB flats for prime real estate.

Landed properties and high-end condominiums are increasingly being snapped up by Singaporeans willing to endure the daily commute to and from the republic as house prices there continue to outpace wages.

The median price of a four-bedroom HDB flat has risen 38.2 per cent from S$285,000 (RM670,000) in the first quarter of 2008 to S$394,000 (RM967,000) in the corresponding quarter of this year, according to HDB figures.

In contrast, wages only rose some four per cent annually during the same period.

The growing price gap between HDB and private flats — which Goldman Sachs says hit a high of S$490 (RM1,200) per sq ft this quarter — also means fewer Singaporeans can now realise their dream of owning private homes.

Former Malaysian Institute of Estate Agents (MIEA) Johor chairman Lim Boon Ping said foreign ownership restrictions at national and state level were the only thing stopping Malaysia’s richer southern neighbours, armed with a strong Singaporean dollar, from flooding over the Causeway.

He pointed out that Johor had the strictest restrictions on foreign property ownership in the whole country, which did not allow Singaporeans to buy single-storey terraces and pre-owned double-storey terraces.

This is on top of federal restrictions that, among others, require foreign owners to only buy homes worth RM500,000 and above.

“Without all these limitations, the pace of people coming in (from Singapore)... will be very fast,” Lim told The Malaysian Insider.

He said Singapore’s attempts to cool down the housing market were likely not prove effective in the long term, citing the S$880,000 (RM2.2 million) per unit opening price for the Centrale 8 design, build and sell scheme (DBSS) project launched last week.

“And that’s supposed to be public housing,” he said.

Developers from Johor and Kuala Lumpur are already responding to greater demand from Singaporeans, and some have started building homes in and around Johor Bahru that few locals can afford.

A realtor who declined to be named said a couple of high-rise developments targeted at Singaporeans are looking to sell 1700-2000 sq ft units at RM700 per sq ft, compared to the RM400-500 average for other luxury condominiums in the city.

“I have doubts about how many locals can afford that,” he said.

Real Estate and Housing Developers Association (Rehda) Johor chairman Simon Heng said the government’s “quite successful” promotion of Iskandar Malaysia was a strong factor behind the Johor Bahru’s improved profile among Singaporeans.

The entry of the Raffles Education Group and several Singapore-based healthcare providers into Johor as well as better connectivity offered by the nearly-completed RM1.1 billion Coastal Highway has also led to more properties being picked up by Singaporeans, especially in Nusajaya, he added.

Heng said anecdotal evidence suggests many more Singaporeans were now even willing to send their children to school in Johor Bahru while continuing to work in Singapore, even though crime remained a key concern.

“To them, it’s cheap to stay here. While travelling to Singapore may be a bit of a hassle, in Singapore they’ll only be able to stay in a small HDB flat... Over here, they can own a landed semi-detached house or bungalow,” he said.

Heng added that the Singaporean MRT’s new Thomson Line, which will terminate at Woodlands station upon completion in 2018, will allow Singaporeans to take the Rapid Transit System (RTS) into Johor Bahru and likely boost the number of cross-border commuters.

“With that, the mass movement of people will be so easy. Maybe many Singaporeans will look at that and say why don’t we buy property in Johor Bahru and take the MRT to Singapore,” he said.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is new to me... anyone with details? Singaporeans cannot buy 'pre-owned double-storey terraces"?

By Yow Hong Chieh
June 26, 2011

".. He pointed out that Johor had the strictest restrictions on foreign property ownership in the whole country, which did not allow Singaporeans to buy single-storey terraces and pre-owned double-storey terraces.... "

pockaroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is new to me... anyone with details? Singaporeans cannot buy 'pre-owned double-storey terraces"?

By Yow Hong Chieh
June 26, 2011

".. He pointed out that Johor had the strictest restrictions on foreign property ownership in the whole country, which did not allow Singaporeans to buy single-storey terraces and pre-owned double-storey terraces.... "

I would think he is referring to single or 1.5 storey terraces. I am not aware there are restrictions on double storey terraces in the subsale market unless rules have quietly changed along the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.