• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

polyman

to be frank i am also perturbed with your brief 2 cents. sounds more like sour grapes than solid constructive comments the latter which is always welcome. like what lastresort kindly did a few pages back warning us about a certain developer. if you have saved your S$200k please continue to save more of that and stay out of JB. Don't you dare come into JB enjoy the savings, turn around and cast the lower eye for those of us who have made our lives here.

seems like my comments have offended some bros here and alternate views are not welcome. Ok la...Polyman is history..

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
seems like my comments have offended some bros here and alternate views are not welcome. Ok la...Polyman is history..

Hi polyman
No need to be too perturbed by the bros/sis comments. Just like u they/we are also entitled to our opinions. I think thats the reason why this forum is longlived. I guess we give as much as we received right.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi jasonjst

The pearl grass isit the same as philipine grass and u diy or get vendor to do it. Cost psf?

Diy can liao , cost was RM8.50 psf . Level the ground , get rid of all weeds ,lay a layer of used cardboards , add a layer of top soil around 1 inch , then you can put the grass on .

Last edited:

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need some guide on rental agreement for property in JB.

Who pays the commission? Tenant or Landlord?

How much is the comm? for a 1 + 1 lease.

Appreciate the help.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
eh bro..

hold your horses before u continue with your shit line of questioning...let me assure u i never see people who buy house in JB as dumb. Else i will not be considering buying one unit there also. Every choice one make there is pros and cons, two sides to an argument...dont be like some people who only want hear the good things. The fact that i am presenting other perspectives is "contribution" already. There are bros like me who are still on the fence. This forum is beyond your narrow focus on where is the cheapest makan, workshop etc..People's families/retirement and even lives are at stake here. If u keep chasing away people who say things which u dont want to hear...u end up with a perpetuating self belief forum that is like some govt's Feedback Unit...:biggrin:

As a matter of fact i went into JB today. Incidentally today causeway going in is jam free around 10+..came back around 3+..got finger printing...but its quick.

Saw 3 places - Adda Heights/Setia Tropika/Desa Tebrau....while doing some shopping in between...:biggrin:

Waha ... you mean buying and staying in JB is lives at stake ?
So we guys must be very bless that nothing happened to us lor !
We have a lot of LauJiao ppl here to filter out the noises like those you wrote , but will readily accept bad comments if it is true and constructive.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
For Singaporean, i think too high risk leh...wait end up in the police station :biggrin:

The petrol station attendees all very vigilant over their protection of ron95s like their jobs depended on it ..... never saw them run over so fast.

finally pumped ron97 lah. Give my engines a treat. still good value. . RM2.8 per litre = S1.14. :smile:

tell you what - I even bought a nice selangor pewter in JB for -20% cheaper than the same unit in raffles city. That gave me virtually a free meal at the delightful Pekin Restaurant (char siew & sio bak) in Sutera Mall. best of all, I enjoyed my drive back with the fresh air via 2nd link... no jam at all... lucky people who are already there .

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
The kinda of money banks earn...

Based on a property of RM500K with 20% down, at 6% p.a. interest for a 20 year loan, the monthly instalment for a RM400K loan works out to be about RM2,800 or S$1,200. Out of this $1,200, about half of it goes to the bank as interest. The other half is used to pay down the principal. That is why when u enquire about your mortgage after a couple of years of paying, you realise that the loan outstanding hardly ever moved. Do remember that whenever we borrow from the bank, the total amount repaid over the duration of the loan is roughly double the amount of loan taken. In other words, you buy one house for yourself, another house for the bank. :o

This is the reason why banks pay themselves more than 6 months bonus yearly.

If you dont want banks to earn so much of your hard-earned money, would suggest putting more money upfront and taking a shorter duration loan. This is the key to preserving your wealth.:biggrin:

But it's not key to increasing my wealth. If I take a longer bank loan of 30 years for a property that I can rent out; the tenant pays the loan installment for me and also the maintenance fee. Usually, there will be balance which will be my passive income. That's how I look at it; I am leveraging on other people's money (bank loan) to create/increase my wealth. If I can own 10 properties with RM500 passive income per property; I will have RM5000 every month without working. If I continue working; I use my savings to settle the bank loans and should be financially independent in a shorter duration.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
But it's not key to increasing my wealth. If I take a longer bank loan of 30 years for a property that I can rent out; the tenant pays the loan installment for me and also the maintenance fee. Usually, there will be balance which will be my passive income. That's how I look at it; I am leveraging on other people's money (bank loan) to create/increase my wealth. If I can own 10 properties with RM500 passive income per property; I will have RM5000 every month without working. If I continue working; I use my savings to settle the bank loans and should be financially independent in a shorter duration.

Yeah man...that's what I am doing too! I consider flipping of property as punting. Although its fast money, sooner or later will get your fingers burned. Unlike leveraging from rental. Slow and steady is still better in the long run....

hpy090909

Alfrescian
Loyal
does anyone know of any steam boat or good seafood near the 2nd link area ?

im going tomorrow to view house rentals at setia eco and indah court.

btw other than jusco and sutera mall ...are there any other malls ?

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
hpy: tian lai seafood. got a big reputation. there is another, on kelong but very difficult if u dun know how to go but once u find your way, its a very nice place to chill and dine.

Last edited:

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Diy can liao , cost was RM8.50 psf . Level the ground , get rid of all weeds ,lay a layer of used cardboards , add a layer of top soil around 1 inch , then you can put the grass on .

A bit ex ah thot with 8.5rm psf with installation. From some forum i read its abt 6rm psf. U got it fr nursery or ladnscape company? Total how much it cost u bro if dun mind sharing?

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
But it's not key to increasing my wealth. If I take a longer bank loan of 30 years for a property that I can rent out; the tenant pays the loan installment for me and also the maintenance fee. Usually, there will be balance which will be my passive income. That's how I look at it; I am leveraging on other people's money (bank loan) to create/increase my wealth. If I can own 10 properties with RM500 passive income per property; I will have RM5000 every month without working. If I continue working; I use my savings to settle the
bank loans and should be financially independent in a shorter duration.

Rational n logical thot process. Make sense. Not to mention liquidity at your disposal wic otherwise being locked in.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sis cathy

Thank you for sharng on bedok $ changer so far its the best rate. I feel better than arcade. The uncle even willg to give a bit higher than stated rate when i change more unlike arcade.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
those who are keen on nusa duta, i went today, 2 units semi-D has become available because their bank loans fell through. 1 bumi and the other international lot though they tell me they've reached quota. MYsian no prob.

1st time i'm there, seems like a nice development with a very fair asking price. there are plenty of plus points at the very least its G&G in comparison to those immediately next door and opposite behind station 1. Plus the fantastic location especially with the coastal highway close by.

i probed further for the apartment they're targeting to build. approximating 200k++ for a studio approx 500sq ft. seems expensive but guess what not available anymore as it's fully booked even before launch (its not even soft launched yet?!!!).

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
A bit ex ah thot with 8.5rm psf with installation. From some forum i read its abt 6rm psf. U got it fr nursery or ladnscape company? Total how much it cost u bro if dun mind sharing?

Oh yes , wrong rm8.50 is for 2 sqf , hence is rm4.25 psf lah , my mistake . Buy from nursery at Bukit Indah near the temple . I only do a small area , hence only spent about rm100 plus lor !:smile:

Last edited:

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
The petrol station attendees all very vigilant over their protection of ron95s like their jobs depended on it ..... never saw them run over so fast.

finally pumped ron97 lah. Give my engines a treat. still good value. . RM2.8 per litre = S1.14. :
tell you what - I even bought a nice selangor pewter in JB for -20% cheaper than the same unit in raffles city. That gave me virtually a free meal at the delightful Pekin Restaurant (char siew & sio bak) in Sutera Mall. best of all, I enjoyed my drive back with the fresh air via 2nd link... no jam at all... lucky people who are already there

Actually there are stations where they actually close both eyes but these tend to be less bz n hence safety becomes an issue. Even at petrol station that is bz must be alert. I ask passenger to lock n with me only enuf $ for top up. Reminded them to neva open no matter wat. So far encounter only sob story case askg for $ cos motor spoil and no $ to go home with his kid (yup armed with a dishevelled kid).

Status
Not open for further replies.