• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tanvir09

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can’t wait to read lots of your posts

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the prices on the secondary market have risen because the prices on the primary market (which are all controlled by the developer) have risen. The last I checked, the launch prices from the developer for a typical cluster is 500+K, super link for 700+K, and semi-D for at least 1.4m. The developer claims that building cost and market prices have increased, but in reality their strategy is to keep increasing with each launch, so that they can make a tidy profit, and everyone who bought the previous launch will be happy, and will buy more units or tell their friends that they made a good investment and that they should also buy. So what we see now are owners of The Gateway increasing prices to just below the new launch prices at The Hills and The Golf. But before we get too excited about this uptrend in prices, we need to know whether these secondary market prices are actually transacted (not just advertised). Perhaps buyers would rather buy the new launches, as they can get defects liability warranty direct from the developer, they get to pick the unit, and they get some freebies thrown in like legal fees, club membership etc. I believe that these prices are sustainable because of increased demand as more foreigners discover (and like) Nusajaya. For example, one of the main reasons why Singapore and Hong Kong property prices went up after the GFC was because there were more capital inflows (especially from the PRC). Well, what the PRC and European investors did (and are doing) to Singapore, the Singaporeans are doing (and will do) to Nusajaya. It's only a matter of time as everyone scrambles to acquire freehold property, which is increasingly harder to do at reasonable price/income ratios.

The only thing which I think can cause Nusajaya prices to fall is:

(a) a global/asian recession, which is not likely at least until 2013, where Singapore's property market heads towards the perfect storm; or

(b) a sharp downward spike in Singapore property prices caused by Singapore government policy, especially now that Minister Khaw has taken over (see his blog).

By the way, here's a thread from another forum on Nusajaya which is worth reading: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=354490

I have the same sentiments, that's why secondary market prices must be always be lower than new launches. The good thing is, there will be 10 more precints, and it should be sustainable in the long run.

By the way, I'm a regular at that forum, but i shall not reveal my identity, I have also seen familiar forummers there. :smile:

I'm going Desaru tomorrow, feels quite excited about it. :biggrin:

tanvir09

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you’ve made some truly interesting points. Not too many people would actually think about this the way you just did. I am really impressed that there is so much information about this subject that have been uncovered and you did it so well, with so much class. Thanks.

tanvir09

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you’ve made some truly interesting points. Not too many people would actually think about this the way you just did. I am really impressed that there is so much information about this subject that have been uncovered and you did it so well, with so much class. Thanks.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
just curious, what is the difference between PO Box and virtual office address for the purpose of mail collection?

PObox address is given by Singpost, you rent a box like a school locker. Go there pick up your mail. There are limitations because some organizations (esp. billing or even acra etc) require a full address.
VOD is similar except it offers a full address. The companies that offer this will tag on more services for your needs esp. if you use it for your start-up business as well.
In terms of pricing, the latter is more value for money, convenience (all will notify you whenever a mail arrives by mobile and/or email) although it is a hassle should the company fold/shift whereas POboxes tend to last more than the lifetime of the box.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks wuqi. Can ask you about air-con? For Nusa Duta cluster house, do you think this kind of air-con configuration is cold enough:
living & dining room - 1 x 2.5 hp aircon or need 2 x 1.5 hp aircon?
master bedroom - 1 x 1.5 hp aircon sufficient or need 1 x 2 hp aircon?
the other 3 rooms - 1 hp aircon each

Looks ok to me but if you are thinking of turning it on a lot, then 1x2HP and 1x1.5HP or just 1x2.5HP if you don't really turn it on that much. Reason for this is at least if you just turn on 1 aircon unit(2HP), it should bring down the temperature enough to feel comfortable for 1-2 folks. If you have lots of people and activity though (1 person = 1 light inc. bulb approximately) then you have to start with something more powerful, 2.5 is definitely ok.

Master bed room 2HP sounds a bit overkill. 1.5hp should be just right.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Folks,

Just started to come back to this thread after a while (actually after a person on this thread asked me about my house purchase) ... still waiting for them to build the foundations of my place ... but am already looking at some ideas for renovation ... would like to ask if its a good idea to use natural hardwood for the balcony? my balcony is rather big and i like the feeling of natural dark wood under my feet ... just wondering would it be practical or expensive ... having terracotta tiles would be a bit warm on sunny days ... and converting the balcony to a grass patch would be eco friendly but might be a hard to do ....

what do you guys think?

Regards

Alex

how bout artificial grass? at least they won't wilt without watering and has a neater/classier look. because they're made out of weather resistant material and mostly installed on a porous bed, they settle into their routine pretty well. wood is nice indoors but outdoors tend to wear even with the best care esp. in a wet/dry/wet kinda weather we get. then there is the potential termites infestation (touch wood - literally).

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the first time I u turned on the causeway bridge!!

Wanted to update myself on the various property development in JB and tried going in today. Checked onemotoring at around 10+ and saw all clear. However when i reached the causeway, it was jammed half way. Lucky I saw an opening at the divider and U turned back to Sing. This is the first time in so many years of going into JB, i U-turned on the causeway!! I suspect its the finger printing again.

Then it dawned on me.,..

At least I can U turn and have the choice to choose whether to go in or not. Once committed to a house there, there is little or no choice. I have to sit through the jam shit. Toll shit, boot opening shit, queue cutting shit, passport stamping shit.

I think I have the causeway phobia liao. EDL and coastal highway is good..unfortunately bottleneck/hurdles still at the 2 bridges.

Wasted S$1.20 on the toll but gained S$200K in the process.

If you are not prepared to queue in traffic jams then you made the right decision. The day when the two links are jam-free, I'm afraid, will never come unless something drastic happens. In any case, a jam from CIQ to CIQ normally takes less than 45 minutes to clear.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
oic...that is for a Cassania cluster right? can know roughly how much they spent to fully furnish the house nicely? thanks.

I guess rm100K to rm120K should be sufficient , inclusive of furniture . For me I spent about RM60K only , basic things like lighting , air cons , grills , built in cabinets , TVs , sofa , bedroom sets , gardens plants .

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
how bout artificial grass? at least they won't wilt without watering and has a neater/classier look. because they're made out of weather resistant material and mostly installed on a porous bed, they settle into their routine pretty well. wood is nice indoors but outdoors tend to wear even with the best care esp. in a wet/dry/wet kinda weather we get. then there is the potential termites infestation (touch wood - literally).

Best is pearl grass if you dont have time to do grass cutting every month .

Last edited:

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal

totally agree, wooden planks will warp, not only unsightly but dangerous; will trap falling leaves too.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi polyman

Save S$200K or lost opportunities? Only time will tell....

Over the past few years, I have been asking myself - am I missing any blind spots? I am worried if I am only looking at the positive news / potential and ignoring the risks.

This discussion forum is useful, as we hear extreme views and opinions. At the end of the day, we make our own decisions and be accountable to ourselves....

I am still very optimistic of the developments in Malaysia, and JB in particular.... of course the time frame is an important factor ... am looking at beyond 20 years ..

This is the first time I u turned on the causeway bridge!!

Wanted to update myself on the various property development in JB and tried going in today. Checked onemotoring at around 10+ and saw all clear. However when i reached the causeway, it was jammed half way. Lucky I saw an opening at the divider and U turned back to Sing. This is the first time in so many years of going into JB, i U-turned on the causeway!! I suspect its the finger printing again.

Then it dawned on me.,..

At least I can U turn and have the choice to choose whether to go in or not. Once committed to a house there, there is little or no choice. I have to sit through the jam shit. Toll shit, boot opening shit, queue cutting shit, passport stamping shit.

I think I have the causeway phobia liao. EDL and coastal highway is good..unfortunately bottleneck/hurdles still at the 2 bridges.

Wasted S$1.20 on the toll but gained S$200K in the process.

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Geritan, its a very good site, some of the prices though are not always correct, like there was a time, they posted an MPV at 5k.

If i go to this site too often, what will likely happen would be that Wuqi is left with 1 house in both SG and JB and have 40-50 cars in his car park, making his neighbours all very pissed off as every available "parkable" land would be full of cars.

OIC..that is my worries too cos my hubby is likely to do that also..:biggrin:

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi polyman

Save S$200K or lost opportunities? Only time will tell....

Over the past few years, I have been asking myself - am I missing any blind spots? I am worried if I am only looking at the positive news / potential and ignoring the risks.

This discussion forum is useful, as we hear extreme views and opinions. At the end of the day, we make our own decisions and be accountable to ourselves....

I am still very optimistic of the developments in Malaysia, and JB in particular.... of course the time frame is an important factor ... am looking at beyond 20 years ..

Bro, some people will only decide when that 20 years come, by then there would probably be jam free multi-links/modes of transportation. :biggrin:

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
By SEAN YAP
[email protected] | Jun 24, 2011
Johor set to house region’s largest film-making complex

JOHOR BARU: Johor is set to house the largest film complex in the region when Pinewood Studios Iskandar Malaysia (PSIM) opens its doors in 2013.

PSIM chief executive officer Michael Lake said the complex, on a 32.37ha site in Nusajaya, would offer state-of-the-art facilities for film production and related activities.

He said that among the facilities would be production offices, filmset construction areas and backlot (an area behind or adjoining a movie studio, containing permanent exterior sets for outdoor scenes in motion picture or television production).

The complex will have five fully air-conditioned and sound-proofed film stages with floor areas of between 1,400 and 2,800 sq metres, and two high-definition television stages of 1,100 sq metres each.

“It will become a one-stop centre, providing filmmakers with world-class facilities,” Lake said at a talk held in conjunction with the Careers, Businesses and Skills Carnival 2011 at Persada Johor here.

He explained that Malaysia had all the elements to make it attractive to film producers, such as its competitive exchange rate, lower production costs and interesting locations that could be used for filming.

“We hope to attract film production companies not only from Asia, but also Europe and the United States,” he said .

However, Lake pointed out that building the infrastructure alone would not suffice, and that PSIM needed to train talents in various cinematic, organisational and technical skills.

He added that PSIM would look into providing internship opportunities for locals who were interested in the film industry.

Lake said he had already begun marketing PSIM to the film industry overseas, and the reaction has so far been largely positive.

“Malaysia presents a new and exciting frontier, and film producers have been interested in learning more about the country,” he said.

He added that PSIM would work closely with Multimedia Deve_lopment Corp and the National Film Development Corporation to promote and market the complex both locally and overseas.

PSIM was established with RM400mil in investments in a joint venture between Khazanah Nasional Berhad and UK-based Pinewood Shepperton

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Polyman,

Can I know what is your main objective for joining this forum on "living in JB”?

1st you say you were visiting JB 10yrs back when big nice houses were going at 250K...
Then, to console yourself that you are not missing out anything, you say that you made half a million Sing dollars
in SG property, which we can never do in JB property
Now you say you made a U turn, and save S$200K
You don’t need to look further than Singapore as you are already making million at 40 mah!

People in this forum are all so “ dumb " come JB just to sink money down the drain. Please help us out, teach us how to make a million dollar before 40 so that we can move back to SG and join the elites to make millions a year and stay in 800K DBSS pigeonholes.
When we found a good lobang here in JB , we share with our bros and sisters here . What have you contribute to this forum ?

Last edited:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, some people will only decide when that 20 years come, by then there would probably be jam free multi-links/modes of transportation. :biggrin:

and who knows by then the appreciation of properties would have made it unattainable for these buyers. perhaps they'll have to start looking at segamat next time. In a way i'm hoping for more u-turn cases leave those who are really earnest about living in JB to enjoy our lives where we are.

Last edited:
P

polyman

Hello Polyman,

Can I know what is your main objective for joining this forum on "living in JB”?

1st you say you were visiting JB 10yrs back when big nice houses were going at 250K...
Then, to console yourself that you are not missing out anything, you say that you made half a million Sing dollars
in SG property, which we can never do in JB property
Now you say you made a U turn, and save S$200K
You don’t need to look further than Singapore as you are already making million at 40 mah!

People in this forum are all so “ dumb " come JB just to sink money down the drain. Please help us out, teach us how to make a million dollar before 40 so that we can move back to SG and join the elites to make millions a year and stay in 800K DBSS pigeonholes.
When we found a good lobang here in JB , we share with our bros and sisters here . What have you contribute to this forum ?

eh bro..

hold your horses before u continue with your shit line of questioning...let me assure u i never see people who buy house in JB as dumb. Else i will not be considering buying one unit there also. Every choice one make there is pros and cons, two sides to an argument...dont be like some people who only want hear the good things. The fact that i am presenting other perspectives is "contribution" already. There are bros like me who are still on the fence. This forum is beyond your narrow focus on where is the cheapest makan, workshop etc..People's families/retirement and even lives are at stake here. If u keep chasing away people who say things which u dont want to hear...u end up with a perpetuating self belief forum that is like some govt's Feedback Unit...:biggrin:

As a matter of fact i went into JB today. Incidentally today causeway going in is jam free around 10+..came back around 3+..got finger printing...but its quick.

Saw 3 places - Adda Heights/Setia Tropika/Desa Tebrau....while doing some shopping in between...:biggrin:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
eh bro..

hold your horses before u continue with your shit line of questioning...let me assure u i never see people who buy house in JB as dumb. Else i will not be considering buying one unit there also. Every choice one make there is pros and cons, two sides to an argument...dont be like some people who only want hear the good things. The fact that i am presenting other perspectives is "contribution" already. There are bros like me who are still on the fence. This forum is beyond your narrow focus on where is the cheapest makan, workshop etc..People's families/retirement and even lives are at stake here. If u keep chasing away people who say things which u dont want to hear...u end up with a perpetuating self belief forum that is like some govt's Feedback Unit...:biggrin:

As a matter of fact i went into JB today. Incidentally today causeway going in is jam free around 10+..came back around 3+..got finger printing...but its quick.

Saw 3 places - Adda Heights/Setia Tropika/Desa Tebrau....while doing some shopping in between...:biggrin:

to be frank i am also perturbed with your brief 2 cents. sounds more like sour grapes than solid constructive comments the latter which is always welcome. like what lastresort kindly did a few pages back warning us about a certain developer. if you have saved your S$200k please continue to save more of that and stay out of JB. Don't you dare come into JB enjoy the savings, turn around and cast the lower eye for those of us who have made our lives here.

Last edited:
P

polyman

By the way. when i presented my assets, it is not to thumb down anyone in the forum. it is to let the bros in here know where your uncle is coming from....as i already stated, there are loads of people out there and of course in this forum who are doing far better than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.