• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nusajayaphile

Alfrescian
Loyal
I use ALLBEST

1 Jurong West Central 2 #B1-36A JP1
Jurong Point Shopping Centre
Singapore 648886

also have one at Boon Lay shopping.
All Best Enterprise
221 Boon Lay Place
#01-156 Boon Lay Shopping Centre S640221

Thank you very much, aangsc. Very useful info.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Couple of times i have looked at the pork at Tesco. Does not look great at all....

The one at Jusco looks really good compared to the Tesco pork..

My observation.....

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Causeway gets jam relief as new system breaks down

Most wait just 1 hour or less as biometric system fails for most of the day
By Fiona Low

At 6.45pm yesterday, the Causeway was almost empty in both directions. When The Straits Times drove through, it took just half an hour to go in and out of JB.

TRAVELLERS crossing the Causeway were yesterday spared the gruelling jams that have plagued the checkpoints for the last two weeks - after the new biometric system that has been causing the chaos broke down.

The system - in which every person has to spend time having his or her fingerprints scanned - was out for a large part of the day, said Malaysian checkpoint officers.

They said it was being fixed, and would be up and running again by today.

Travellers who spoke to The Straits Times said they took between half an hour and an hour to clear Malaysian immigration and customs yesterday evening.

This was a far cry from the seven-hour wait reported on Saturday.

When The Straits Times drove through the Causeway at about 5.30pm yesterday, traffic was smooth and it took about half an hour to go in and out of the neighbouring state.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Dear abugumgum;

Please don't give up, i feel for you. Don't let one incident shake you. Also, Permas Jaya = Bad area. I have always asked my friends never to live near there, Johor Jaya is another one.

Not to say elsewhere is 100% safe but stats are against you especially for condos. Its easier to harden (for security) in many ways yet also one of the hardest as no one may be on the floor you are on and no matter what locks you have, its only a matter of time they get in.

There is a reason i never bought a condo here. You can go to carlist.com.my and list it for sale but its a real pity. If you have no place to park your car in MY, i may be able to help for your special case.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cycling cops to patrol residential areas in Johor
The Star/Asia News Network
Mon, Jun 13, 2011

JOHOR BARU, Malaysia - Police officers will soon be making their rounds in residential areas on bicycles.

Southern OCPD Asst Comm Zainuddin Yaacob said the police have formed the bicycle patrol team - Ronda & Riadah - in line with the GTP's NKRA on reducing crime.

ACP Zainuddin said policemen on bicycles would patrol housing areas with eight to 25 personnel per unit from 12am to 7am daily.

He said that the decision to utilise bicycles was to provide a silent and discreet patrol compared with using motor vehicles.

Police officers equipped with walkie-talkies, vests and weapons would cordon entry points and quiet spots of residential areas that have higher incidences of crime.

He said break-ins and snatch thefts were more common between 3am and 5am.

Five hotspots in the Johor Baru South district - Taman Pelangi Indah, Taman Setia Indah, Larkin, Taman Pelangi and the city centre - have been identified to be the focus of the bicycle patrol.

He said bicycle patrols have already been deployed in Plentong, Permas Jaya and Taman Setia Indah.

ACP Zainuddin said the police were currently encouraging the public to participate in the patrol to build a stronger community spirit.

A total of 72 volunteers from the community have joined the bicycle patrol

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah i looked at the TESCO non halal section a couple of times.

now give up already.

Does not look fresh either.

So Jusco is good for me.

Yes Wuqi mentioned Best mart several times.

i really need to go and check that place out...

Yes, Tesco non-halal section not great. For pork, we went to Jin He 锦和 or Bestmart.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope to hear some good news on the transport link bet Spore & JB soon... getting a little impatient.

My wish is that (i) motorcyclists will switch to rail/rapid transport (ii) build third link, say between Punggol and Pasir Gudang? (iii) more lanes at existing two links. Wonder why there is only one 'official' lane for cars heading towards malaysia custom at causeway. It is a new road and yet no provision?

Number of cars/people moving between JB-Spore can only increase gog forward !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Announcement in late 2010.

Business Times
Oct 18, 2010
Rapid rail to Johor
By Rachel Lin

DISCUSSIONS are under way on the proposed rapid transit system (RTS) linking Singapore and Johor, Foreign Minister George Yeo told the House on Monday.

The areas being explored include whether the RTS should be above or under water, and how to link it to the public transport networks in both countries.

'The RTS link will be a major infrastructural project,' Mr Yeo said. 'Both sides are doing detailed studies and they have to meet to discuss what will best serve their mutual needs in the most cost-effective way.'

Engineering studies and cost analyses have to be undertaken, he added.

The RTS, which should be up and running by 2018, was agreed to in May as part of the breakthrough negotiations over Malayan Railway land.

Mr Yeo was responding to a question from Madam Halimah Yacob (Jurong GRC), who had asked for an update on the Malayan Railway land swop, which got the green light last month.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear abugumgum;

Please don't give up, i feel for you. Don't let one incident shake you. Also, Permas Jaya = Bad area. I have always asked my friends never to live near there, Johor Jaya is another one.

You can go to carlist.com.my and list it for sale but its a real pity. If you have no place to park your car in MY, i may be able to help for your special case.

Thank you wuqi, I will do so. I have asked around the second hand car dealers, the price offered is a big loss for me, especially it is still so new, just 1 month +. I really appreciate your kind offer to help.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi
Can update us on the sales of The Hills Terrace? Any new launches?
Thanks.

Brought someone to sales office yesterday. Apparently the good one such as corner lots and those with good facing or the outter ones were all gone. There is waiting list for those hoping to buy the bumi lots.those inner intermediate terrace still available and price from 7XX-8xx K (2900sqft-3500sqft) ? Seems that the terrace built these day are bigger in size.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
This crime thingie is really annoying...

I understand your situation. No amount of empathy, sympathy from us will console you.

The victims who have felt the heat know the situation best.

The emotional and psychological trauma are hard to delete from immediate memory.

Different victims react differently to situations:

1) There are stewardesses who are molested and laugh at it as a way of life
2) There are stewardesses who get molested and then decide to make a money out of their way of life
3) Then there are those stewardesses who get molested and never recover... The trauma, agony and mental pain live on

Your wifes feelings and state of mind are completely justified.

Assuring her of her safety and security is paramount.... And after that .... the psychological well being.....

Time heals..... Give yourself and your wife time to recover.

Dun act in haste.... You can rethink your situation when you have calmed down.

Dear all,

It is not my aim to affect or discourage people from living in johor. You can read it just as "another" story in the newspaper.

However, do step up security measures immediately ( as Mallow has kindly shared). Do not wait or hesitate (if you are still considering for whatever reasons).

Sure, it is not 100% foolproof, however, the deterrence will be helpful as well as slow down the burglars if they come, giving more time to react. We have to protect ourselves.

Yes Mallow, we are thankful not to bump into the burglars (we were in the estate and away for 1 hour from the unit).

I have to take care for my family's well being and interest, not everyone is built with same threshold, hence the first and foremost thing to do is to pacify her and reassure her safety.

It is certainly not because I did not expect crime, not because we did not have taken security steps, nor it is because this is not Ang Moh Country (so that we cannot accept).

We have just become part of the statistics that's all. Our break-in is just one day after the Permas Jaya case, with similar operations. Just tough luck to happen so early in our stay here (we are settling in and very happy)

Maybe we will be back again in Johor one day.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
From Punggol.... Let me think:

1) TPE - PIE
2) TPE - CTE - AYE - PIE
3) TPE - ECP - AYE - PIE
4) TPE - SLE - BKE - CIQ - Danga Bay - Perling - Link Dua Expressway
5) TPE - SLE - BKE - KJE - PIE Tuas

I think (5) is best option.

Eh Grago hope i did not make mistakes....

May I ask which is the best route to drive from Punggol to HH? I've tried 2nd Link and it takes me a good 25 minutes drive to reach Tuas.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the update.
Yes, higher price due to appreciation, bigger size and perhaps bec The Hills is nearer to the clubhouse and has direct access (side gate).

Brought someone to sales office yesterday. Apparently the good one such as corner lots and those with good facing or the outter ones were all gone. There is waiting list for those hoping to buy the bumi lots.those inner intermediate terrace still available and price from 7XX-8xx K (2900sqft-3500sqft) ? Seems that the terrace built these day are bigger in size.

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
From Punggol.... Let me think:

1) TPE - PIE
2) TPE - CTE - AYE - PIE
3) TPE - ECP - AYE - PIE
4) TPE - SLE - BKE - CIQ - Danga Bay - Perling - Link Dua Expressway
5) TPE - SLE - BKE - KJE - PIE Tuas

I think (5) is best option.

Eh Grago hope i did not make mistakes....

I think 4 is the best leh.... Else is 1

nusajayaphile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Nusajayaphile,
I concur on your rationale of paying off the loan as much as possible . But I decided to take homesmart loan from HSBC JB. It is around BLR minus 2.4%. I found it most flexible option for my circumstances; can prepay and redraw if in need of the money. It is more a fall-back flexibility just in case I need my money in Singapore for personal financial flexibility. But everytime a call is made, the plan is remit the money, to the max amount I can afford at the time, from my Singapore bank to JB bank. If is short, then I will have to pay the bite-size monthly repayment. They will give you a swift code to make international remittance to. The catch is you must not settle the loan within 5 years (they got to make some money) otherwise penalty.

... But if you are cash rich anyway, just dont bother with all this :smile: and go with straight money changer option. One kind forumer suggested before to remit money in small tranches across until you get confidence in the money changer, and can find few of them in Parkway Parade.

You will know the repayment schedule when you sign the SPA. It goes on avg 10% tranches with some in-between higher.

Hi contra, many thanks for the useful info about the Homesmart loan from HSBC. Might consider this, if really cash-strapped. As you said, it's a good fallback to have. Really appreciate the tip.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
What makes you think that the forummer who shared his tragedy with us went home crying? What makes you think that the forummer even wanted to share?

It was we who cajoled him into sharing and despite that... he never asked for our sympathies or empathies....

The boat has been rocked..... and several other boats are getting rocked as well....

Its human to sympathise or empathise..... even it it equates to nothing...... But if its bullshit for you well we know you then...:*::*:

How the hell am I reveling in his misfortune? What acts are you condoning? Look, you have to learn to step out of your comfort zone. I didn't go crying home when my house was broken into... What is this bullshit about oh I feel so sorry for you blah blah blah... Sure, stay in Singapore while the water boils. Whatever rocks your boat...

Status
Not open for further replies.