• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually it is a little overblown about Singaporeans showing-off in JB. The ah beng contractors themselves are gangsters... so do select a contractor who has been used by your friend and have provided good service.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah i guess we bought at the same time. Yes financial tsunami back then.

Talking about crisis and meltdowns..... i think another one is due soon.....

By end of year if not earlier??

Hey! I think we buy at around the same time cos I got the same package as you. Back then was financial tsunami. Nobody dare to buy. We closed both eyes and hope for the best. :biggrin: I also chose to offsef the Levy. Plus free kitchen cabinets, refrigerator, cooker and cookerhob. :smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not eligible? Why ?

Its one of the most interesting GE i have witnessed in Spore for the longest time ever.

Yes Nicole Seah is very impressive.

i have been following the GE news lately on facebook. I must say I am VERY impressed with Nicole Seah at a tender age of 24 compared to Kade Spades TPL 27. Its a pity she is up against incumbent PAP big names or name to be precise. But I am cheering her on together with the WP at Aljunied and Vincent of SDP. :p

Unfortunately I am not eligible to vote. I guess most in this section of the forum will be voting veered to the other side? Since we are all in fact at the 'other' side. :biggrin:

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am very impressed with the the Opposition in Singapore. It is really an uphill task operating in the PAP dominated environment. Malaysia is a different scenario altogether - democracy is present, opposition can win, but a lot of money politics involved. In Perak the ruling party lost the state govt by a narrow margin in the previous election. What happened in the ensuing month was, the Barisan National actively courted some of the opposition members to defect. I think one or two finally did... and the Barisan National won back Perak.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johor is indeed a less developed place, even by Malaysian standards (compared to KL and Penang), hence you might find crazy things happening occasionally. But along with lesser development you enjoy the perks of space, comfort and freedom.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello friend,

Are you trying to scare some of us to sell our properties:cool: and you going to scoop it ALL up:eek: One crisis at a time, lah.....:o Let's get over the GE first, then ....... ( BUT let's hope not...)

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm you husband and wife couple make a great team!

Gin, you cannot follow me lah!

We started off with carpouch tiling. My hubby started on the living room electricity himself and found that his don't have time for kitchen electricity so prune some work to the contracter. Then window grilles comes in. Next the cabinets comes but after that found the contractors electricity work to be so ugly. Unlike those quality you get from Singapore. So no choice got to do the ceiling to cover it up. Now we are painting the housing ourself as well as do the electricities, lightings and the pipings. The aircon is not up yet. My hubby will be fixing aircon himself for the master bedroom first and the rest after we move in. The painting is still a work in progress. Will continue to do it after we move in. And the curtains are also not up yet. Also another work in progress.:o

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
The aggressiveness extends to driving as in my case, a red Myvi type car (one of those small cars) cuts in on the near side just as I was nearing the first guardhouse on Jalan Bukit Indah. Fortunately I swerve to my left, I tooted my car horn. The red car slows down, turns into the HH compound and after the HH guardhouse stops his car and gets out. My wife didn't want me to get out of the car, but I did and he asked me why I tooted my horn at him. I told him what he did and that it would have cause an accident had I not swerved my car. He started swearing at me and started behaving aggressive towards me. His friend also came out of the car. A quick glance at his friend to see what he was up to, the guy saw me look at him, put up both his hands and shook his head from side to side. I took it as he did not want to get involved or I would have taken off my belt with the large metal buckle. Long story short we almost came to blows. My wife said something in chinese to him and he stopped. We exchanged some words. He got into his car and left. My wife thinks he could hve been a "rascal" because of the dyed orange hair, you know the colour that you see on those who dye their hair to that sort of mousy blond colour. I think he's a coward and thought he would scare an 'old man' . They will try it on to see if you the 'foreigner' will back down and apologise even if they are the transgressors. I believe in general this aggressive behaviour in general will crop up every so often if they sense they can get away with it.

Sound very aggressive and scary, hope it is an isolated incident. BTW what is the sequence of renovation like? Do you do the grilles last or first before painting, installing lights, false ceiling etc?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The aggressiveness extends to driving as in my case, a red Myvi type car (one of those small cars) cuts in on the near side just as I was nearing the first guardhouse on Jalan Bukit Indah. Fortunately I swerve to my left, I tooted my car horn. The red car slows down, turns into the HH compound and after the HH guardhouse stops his car and gets out. My wife didn't want me to get out of the car, but I did and he asked me why I tooted my horn at him. I told him what he did and that it would have cause an accident had I not swerved my car. He started swearing at me and started behaving aggressive towards me. His friend also came out of the car. A quick glance at his friend to see what he was up to, the guy saw me look at him, put up both his hands and shook his head from side to side. I took it as he did not want to get involved or I would have taken off my belt with the large metal buckle. Long story short we almost came to blows. My wife said something in chinese to him and he stopped. We exchanged some words. He got into his car and left. My wife thinks he could hve been a "rascal" because of the dyed orange hair, you know the colour that you see on those who dye their hair to that sort of mousy blond colour. I think he's a coward and thought he would scare an 'old man' . They will try it on to see if you the 'foreigner' will back down and apologise even if they are the transgressors. I believe in general this aggressive behaviour in general will crop up every so often if they sense they can get away with it.

Some are like that, once was involved in a traffic accident here, guy just went headlong into my side from a small road. I was on the main road, in the end got compensation from him. Not all are like that, at first very aggressive but turned out to be a pretty reasonable man who in the end we even exchanged namecards.

I tend to notice that they behave pretty badly (who wouldn't) when you act aggressive towards them so i always do what i do, talk nicely with reason and know when to back off.

Its been 2 years now, i have never sounded my horn in anger here nor ever gave anyone the finger. Last week when i was in SG, from the highway to the office, i was so sorely tempted.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks Prof, definitely agree that Cathy and her husband are a rare tag team. Its always good though whenever we can see two love birds working on their nest hand in hand together.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Prof, the shops i go to at my area do give bargains when you get to know them, shops like DIY will normally give especially if you buy from them often. I am sure shops at ST does as well. The owner at the tackle/hardware shop did give me a discount on my keys when i went again recently.

Hi Wuqi,
You must really be a frequent patron that they are willing to extend discounts.
For my purchases so far, its more in Persada Home Fair to cut by a margin ard 5% tops..

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
About the finger printing thingy, i am not sure how it will affect people who drive through and those already on the MACS program but i think if they want to finger print everyone who drives, it will definitely not make sense. This sounds like something more for those on buses, trains, etc.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same here Wuqi bros. Going to vote tomorrow morning, then off to ST.

I'm in Tampines ward. The centre of all the attentions. But then hor, can you imagine? No campaigns, no fights, no walk about, no proposals for improvement the Tampines town, no nothing.....how do you feel? Can I really trust any one of them to take care of my interest and my welfare if I vote for them ? Headache lah!

Cathy,
For the next generation of singaporean to be able to afford HDB, pls vote wisely..

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal

How come so many said there will be another meltdown next year? Don't understand leh? Can you kindly explain to us? I thought US president election is next year so should be good right?

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm you husband and wife couple make a great team!

We have tons of experience with our current flat lah.... :P That time hubby's business just start, got kicked out of the house by his sister, everything was not done yet, the sand was on the floor ready to do the tiles, but we go a head to build it up from scrap. :smile: No choice lah, very tight mah.... :biggrin: Now is only back to that time, both of us have agree on it. Have to go back to it one more time. And another in the next few year time...I remember having read how Robert Kiyosaki and wife Kim Kiyosaki became homeless and had to sleep in a warehouse with all the rats, it always inspires me. Now they have more than 1400 propertise altogether. :smile:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.