• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
My take as well...prices here are lower vs nusajaya side... Think is coz of the "old" concept of the place! However I find the new launches are similar if not better in terms of quality of the product...but will tend to lose out in "location"..

Not trying to sell anything here, just IMHO as I hv seen both places...just up to individual taste....

Btw, holidaying in penang now and the place has chg a lot!!! The ferringi side is full of condos and town villas, just like Monaco...heheh.... And I find the place pretty clean and jam free too...another good place for retirement,...but prices has moved.
Easily a couple of mio for sea facing units!
Went to check out 2 developments, 1200sqft at 1.4 mio... With a little of sea view!
Another one sold out... Except for a 4 bedder one going for 1.2 mio!! I asked if there are any 500k ones still available, answer was the studio units also 700k already.. So 500k won't get you anything...malu!!! Quickly left!!!
I feel nowadays prop are not cheap! I feel if we dun buy, our next generation will not be able to afford landed properties anymore... Unless there is really a big big and long long "bang"!!

i rem 15 years ago there was a Penang condo selling in SG....location is along one of the beaches and facing the sea view...i think was like S$70K. At that time i was more attracted to the sales girl (purposely wear dress with the boobs nearly 100% out - wear like never wear like that..haha)..so din buy.

mmm...15 years later, what will the price of a typical JB landed be man?!...

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yonglip, you missed the "put 3/4 moon" sales girl more than the 70K condo lah.. Next time must grab hard.. with both hands.... sayang siah..

i rem 15 years ago there was a Penang condo selling in SG....location is along one of the beaches and facing the sea view...i think was like S$70K. At that time i was more attracted to the sales girl (purposely wear dress with the boobs nearly 100% out - wear like never wear like that..haha)..so din buy.

mmm...15 years later, what will the price of a typical JB landed be man?!...

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
In fact, we spent a lot of time in Austing Heights area recently especially my family as we now have a business there. Its good but still need some work.Pasir Gudang jam is really exhaustive.

Wuqi, with so many involvement in JB, will you eventually leave your job in SG and focus totally in JB?

gskalra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am also thinking of sending my son there in future but was met with criticisms like 'should be thought by locals', 'malaysia standard?', 'thought in malays'..... and all negative things you could think of. LOL!

Care to share of how you come to this decision? Just curious.

Hi Cathy, I used to study in Monash Sunway. It is a foreign university, which has it's own campus now. My lecturers were local, british, australian and american. We took the same papers as all their other campuses, and we had double marking(some projects and papers used to be marked once in Malaysia, then sent to Australia to mark).

I was there from 2006 to 2008. Initially not many Singaporeans, but when I graduated, the number increased by quite a bit.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys,

So just to check lets say I am buying a house for RM500,000 and assuming cash payment is 20%(loan only 80%). I should be ready with around SGD50,000(RM120,000) to buy the house?

Would that be enough for the initial costs(legal etc)? Or should I be having more cash or all that?

Thanks in advance
are u buying direct from developer ? if yes , it should be enough ...
for my case , my buying price is RM$539,888 and 90% loan , abt SGD20k is enough ,
Btw , u have to add another RM10k for foreigners levy.

gskalra

Alfrescian
Loyal
are u buying direct from developer ? if yes , it should be enough ...
for my case , my buying price is RM$539,888 and 90% loan , abt SGD20k is enough ,
Btw , u have to add another RM10k for foreigners levy.

But that is if I get the 90% loan(is it easy to get?).
What about the legal fees and other stuff? Would RM50k be enough in your scenario? THanks

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you still find it in Singapore at 2 SGD?

Yes, Tampines MRT there is one, near to POS bank - taste not bad but portion smaller..there is another one at Tampines north market, the portion is bigger and last one at Tampines st 82 market...should try bros not bad.
Still can get 2 Sgd chicken rice... Without fail, at least once a weekbi will eat...heheh

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of my sales rep from Penang wanted to intro me to a sea-view 1700 sq feet condo in Penang. Price is a whopping RM 1.2 million already. Sparsely renovated

Visited Andaman, by E&O....very very nice....studio unit already 1.5 mio...build up roughly 1000 sqft...damn price all so up already...if 500k...will surely book one! They are selling the lifestyle very nice...
So yr 1700 sqft 1.2 mio is good priceless bro....
I asked the sales guy if can rent out or not, he says honestly not like sg, be prepare to hold and use for vacation home...

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Observed that commercial units here are selling fast, last week, saw folks buying factories, etc. Another one just got sold today.
Bros, please wait for me, i want to buy too. :(

Bros, I was at taman Johor jaya last week for some personal stuff, near the bowling complex, saw a lot of shop lots there...then went to the net to search for shops for sale, and found a few in the region of 400k!
is this a good buy? I find the shops are a bit old but the price is really ok to me..and again there are a lot of Chinese doing business there and a market as well..anyone vested here, or can give comment if this area is a good buy?
Did some calculations, if 400k, pay 10%, loan 360k so Instal roughly 2k a mth...if rental can fetch 2k, then cover loan already...
Any comments on this area bros and sis?

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
hehe, how do u get up so high?

yeah man, how did you get this nice pic?! :smile:
any more to share, lastresort?

Brothers, I have PMed you Fairway Suites photos, about 40+ of them. Can start to imagine sipping coffee laying back sitting by the balcony looking out at the hilly golf course and enjoy the scenery in HH. 2 towers perching out of the hills.

It will also include a 360° viewing deck on the top most floor overlooking the entire HH/Nusajaya, enjoying bird's eye view. Can view stars at night, and watch golf tournaments in the day. =)

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try NUS. Went there recently, they still have $1.50 mee siam/mee rebus/lontong...

woo, thanks for the pointer I do go there once in a while. i was from the time where the arts canteen had a famous short auntie with the best char kway tiao the west side could offer.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
woo, thanks for the pointer I do go there once in a while. i was from the time where the arts canteen had a famous short auntie with the best char kway tiao the west side could offer.

Oh yeah, I remember she always smiled at handsome guys asking "you want mee ?"

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brothers, I have PMed you Fairway Suites photos, about 40+ of them. Can start to imagine sipping coffee laying back sitting by the balcony looking out at the hilly golf course and enjoy the scenery in HH. 2 towers perching out of the hills.

It will also include a 360° viewing deck on the top most floor overlooking the entire HH/Nusajaya, enjoying bird's eye view. Can view stars at night, and watch golf tournaments in the day. =)

Thanks bro, very nice!
north tower, high floor, 3br, looking forward to enjoy the views sipping tea..., alergic to coffee... :smile:

Are you a/the contractor there?
Otherwise how can you be right inside there and up so close?

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all, i would like to say that this thread is like a fresh of breath air. A little background first, I am singaporean, and I used to study in Monash Uni in Sunway(KL/Selangor). I came back in 2008, since then I have been wanting to go back to KL and stay. In the past year, I have been taking an interest in Nusajaya, but initially, did not have much hope in it. But after reading this thread(the first 100 pages and the last 23) I really can see how it has developed and am confident in its progress. I now want to come over and take a look for places to stay and invest. I'd like to thank the people in the forum, from people like Wuqi256, analytics professor and everyone else for sharing all the information, it has made it more attractive and less scary to go over to take a look. I should be going down in Jan. Thanks a million guys, please keep this going. One question: From 2nd link, i should drive and take the Nusajaya exit, or the gelang patah one?Thanks
If going to Leisure Farm take the Gelang Patah turn-off at 312D, for East / Ledang Heights/ Puteri Harbour/ Horizon Hills it's Nusajaya at 312C which will also take you to 1) Horizon Hills (HH) - this is if the HH exit which is clearly posted and is not blocked-off, last 2 weeks a small gap has been left opened for access to works vehicles BUT have seen common vehicles and I have used it to get to HH which exit point is also partially open and is used to get to the HH MAIN entry point,2) Puteri Harbour (PH) - this is after exiting 312C and keeping to your right you will aproach the 1st round-a-bout which, if you take the 3rd exit will take you to East Ledang Sales Office on the right hand, if you take the 2nd exit and go on for about 200 meters you will see sign post that points to PUSAT BANDARAYA ( towards JB TOWN) which incidentally when it becomes available to the public will take you towards HH ( this is is start of the Coastal Highway which wll take you past HH, Bukit Indah, Taman Perling, DANGA Bay and towards the JB CIQ when it is fully operational!!!) if you carry on straight after the 1st round-a-bout. The other sign is towards KOTA ISKANDAR and also Puteri Harbour is on the left side after coming off the 1st round-a-bout. Follow this and you will come to another 2nd round-a-bout which is quite big. Going round it at the 1st exit indicates HH, this is partially open at the moment and is used by works vehicles and those who want to get to HH and JB from KOTA ISKANDAR/ Puter Harbour currently, continuing round there is an entry point into this Round-a-bout from the direction of JB/HH, followed by an exit point to KOTA ISKANDAR and Puteri Harbour. Take this and follow it to yet another round-a-bout. This is KOTA ISKANDAR round-a-bout, take it and go almost all the way round to the 2nd exit which will take you to Puteri Harbour if you follow to the end past a guard post on you right hand when you are about 1/2 mile from it. Good Luck in your search.

Status
Not open for further replies.