• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks for the info..

could u also share how can we check for ourselves whether that is a bumi lot? dun think we can trust the agent 100% even if he says its not..

Hi Greddy, I also don't know how. What i did was to just ask and based on trust, i hope what he is telling me is true - not a very intelligent answer i know. Your lawyers should know about this when they proceed to do a land search and have them incorporate a clause in the S&P to null and void the agreement if the lot is for "bumi". Any bros n sis here know how? But so far, I have not heard of such a case yet, anybody?

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hoo Hoo, just received news fm the lawyers last evening that the owner had signed on the dotted line of the S&P (breathe breathe)! This is one of the anxieties one is subjected to when one buy fm sub-sale and not fm the developer (breathe again, swipe forehead, heave a sigh of relief). Now to relax and wait patiently while the lawyers get the state authority consent and other legal stuff done. In the meantime........plan what to do to the house. Hmmm ....should I dig a hole thru the floor to make a basement? or create a hole thru the ceiling to make ur very own sky roof? Just kidding!

To all the bros and sis here, thanks for all the invaluable advice you've given me! Without you all, and our great leader, Wuqi, I don't think I would have the ardor and the courage to pursue this dream of owing a property in JB. Thank you, thank you
Great to hear the good news... so, that's less one thing to worry about. I believe the process for freehold transfer of name should be faster than leasehold, but it's always the state consent that takes a while. Take your time to do the reno and get it done properly... I guess your wife will be looking forward to "design" the kitchen, master bedroom and bathroom... :smile:

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi LG, it appears that you are not clear about the JB areas and the lifestyle there. You need to make a trip or a few trips down to HH or Bukit Indah areas to see for yourself if the place and the lifestyle suit you and your aging parents.

Driving is a necessity when living in JB. Don't expect it to be like living in Singapore when food, shopping and clinic are accessible just 5 min downstairs . You need to walk on roads which are without pavements (unlike SG roads) with hardly any pedestrian crossings and at the same time, holding tight to your belongings and looking out for snatch thieves on motorbikes. All in all, you need to be more vigilant than usual.

There is one new condominium (think it is SKy Loft by Setia) that is the nearest to amenties (TESCO and coffeeshops just across).

My advice is still GO SEE FOR YOURSELF! A picture speaks a thousand words. Wishing you the best in your search :smile:

Yes LGLab, what Bro Checkers said is true. Have u seen the place and the surrounding areas yet? Tell u what, I can bring u in to look see look see the various places mentioned by the good bros n sis here. I understand it is not easy for u considering that u don't drive. I just hope that u r a genuine person n not a con artist haha. But not this wkend as I m away, maybe on Sat, 10 Dec. (Er.....for the rest who want to come along, I think u will hv to take the bus, sorry....heheh).

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have decided to print in full the PM I send to Pslim for the benefit of others in the same situation. To all the kind bros and sis, pse feel free to add or correct what u think is not right : )

3) If buying from sub-sale (resale) ensure that it is ïnternational Lot" and not a "Bumi Lot"; unless u r a muslim. Best advice is to avoid them no matter what the housing agent says if buying from sub-sale (resale), to avoid complications later.

Thirdly, pointless leaving them email enquiries as MOST of the time they dont respond - maybe too busy. Most efficient way is to CALL them direct! - tis is not the time to be cheapo! if u really want to see the house, you've got to call. Dont bother using sms or watsapp as they dont respond also. Later, after you've made contact with them and they know u, you can use sms or watsapp all u want to them.

odyssey
Regarding the bumi lot, I believe it's meant for the Msian bumiputras which consist of Malays, the natives in Sabah/Sarawak, Msians of Portuguese descent, not necessarily a Muslim. So, even if you are a SG Malay Muslim, it does not mean that you will be entitled to the bumi discount of 15% in Johor. Speaking of this, I found out there is a bumi unit in East Ledang going for RM700k and the non-bumi unit next to it is RM800k+. The bumi discount in Klang Valley is only 7%.

Bro, I see that you advocate calling the agents directly after what you went thru... I guess the agents are taking things for granted because it's a hot area now. In KL, it's always the agents calling me to ask if I wanna rent/sell my properties.

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regarding the bumi lot, I believe it's meant for the Msian bumiputras which consist of Malays, the natives in Sabah/Sarawak, Msians of Portuguese descent, not necessarily a Muslim. So, even if you are a SG Malay Muslim, it does not mean that you will be entitled to the bumi discount of 15% in Johor. Speaking of this, I found out there is a bumi unit in East Ledang going for RM700k and the non-bumi unit next to it is RM800k+. The bumi discount in Klang Valley is only 7%.

Bro, I see that you advocate calling the agents directly after what you went thru... I guess the agents are taking things for granted because it's a hot area now. In KL, it's always the agents calling me to ask if I wanna rent/sell my properties.

Thanks Vincent for clarifying on the "bumi Lot" thingy. I agree with u on the agents here, esp those fm top something.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have decided to print in full the PM I send to Pslim for the benefit of others in the same situation. To all the kind bros and sis, pse feel free to add or correct what u think is not right : )

Hi Pslim,

First of all, are u a foreigner? Foreigners are only allowed to buy houses that meet the following conditions:

1) The value of the property must be over RM500,000.
2) Must have at least 2 storeys
3) If buying from sub-sale (resale) ensure that it is ïnternational Lot" and not a "Bumi Lot"; unless u r a muslim. Best advice is to avoid them no matter what the housing agent says if buying from sub-sale (resale), to avoid complications later.

Secondly, do u intend to buy from developer or from sub-sale? From the developer? go to their show and sales office at the HH Golf & Country Club. They have sale executives waiting to serve u. From sub-sale? The resources I suggest you use when looking are (in order):

1) http://www.iproperty.com.my
2) http://www.mudah.com.my

Other websites to search are those run by the realty agencies themselves. The 2 main players in HH are OAP Realty and Tophills Realty - just google for it.

Thirdly, pointless leaving them email enquiries as MOST of the time they dont respond - maybe too busy. Most efficient way is to CALL them direct! - tis is not the time to be cheapo! if u really want to see the house, you've got to call. Dont bother using sms or watsapp as they dont respond also. Later, after you've made contact with them and they know u, you can use sms or watsapp all u want to them.

From the websites, u should be able to know the price range to expect for resale terrace, cluster, 2 or 2.5 storey semi d. U will find that its cheaper to buy thru sub-sale. Presently, HH is into its 3rd precinct, which is the HILLS, and the terraces are going for Rm800k by the developer.

But if u buy fm developer, they may waive certain fees and throw in the social membership for HH, valid for 50yrs. Go to the HH Club house to find out whats the latest waivers. Having said that, there are some newly completed sub-sale units that comes with the social membership too, eg HH Golf terraces phase 1B9 and later. But then, the social membership is only Rm10k to buy.

If u buy from sub-sale, u will need to spend more time looking at houses. Sometimes u need to make as many as 5 to 6 trips before find the one u like. Also, there is the risk of the owner backing off fm the deal after u place the earnest deposit. It has got its pro and cons.

It will help a lot if u can provide us with more details like: whats ur budget and what kind of house, terrace, cluster, semi-d, etc

Please feel free to ask all the questions u want in the forum. All the ppl here are very nice and ever willing to help, cos we all started just like u - blur blur.

Happy house hunting and welcome to the forum!

odyssey

what u meant having 2 storey ? then those buying condo cannot liao is it? cus not 2 storey ma

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Crystal welcome to Nusa Idaman! Maybe yours, vincent's and my families can take turns sharing tea at our respective gardens and enjoying some sweet mangoes from vincent's tree soon :smile:
I have also planned to plant a mango tree (and a rambutan tree) in our garden but still weighing the pros and cons!
That sounds great... even though it's a few more years in the future after construction completion and renovation. heheh... I think the mango tree will take a long time to grow and bear fruits.... let's just buy from Jusco/Tesco first... and then we can have our evening garden parties.

Bro, since you have a huge land, plant both trees and many more like durian, coconut and mulberry.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha Vince, u guessed right, especially the kitchen! She loves cooking n I love her food. Yup
My wife already has strong ideas for our future kitchen and bathroom. I need to ensure her ideas are practical and not too expensive... haha...

Thanks Vincent for clarifying on the "bumi Lot" thingy. I agree with u on the agents here, esp those fm top something.
I don't have the facts on the bumi lot matter, best if a Msian lawyer can share on this. Should have asked the UEM/RHB lawyer when I bought my house a few months back.... There was another time when I made an appointment to view a house for sale and reminded the agent a few hours before the appointment. I arrived at the guardhouse and called the agent; he said he forgot about it and was in Jusco Tebrau; asked me to wait 15mins... after another 10mins, he called and said that he forgot to bring the house keys. My wife and I were like, WTF? Such a lousy and unprofessional behavior... straightaway told him off and promised myself never to call anyone from his agency again.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
what u meant having 2 storey ? then those buying condo cannot liao is it? cus not 2 storey ma

There are 2 types of landed property - single storey or 2 storeys/2.5 storey/3 storey. Foreigners can only buy 2 storeys and above.

For condominium, foreigners can buy units that are 500 000 RM above.

Go pay a visit with Odyssey who is so nice to offer you a ride :smile:

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
With your budget , maybe u wan to consider N.Idaman? Hee , a few of us bought there , if we stay closer , we can help u whenever is possible.
Dun worry abt the food , Bro Wuqi mentioned before , the nearby coffeeshops can do a delivery service with extra RM1 or RM2 , so no prob ....
The current Phase 8B will take 1.5-2yrs to complete , so during this time frame , faster get yr driving license. I heard the promotion -10K from sales price has extended till end Dec.
Go and see for yourself and feel whether u like the place or not , no pt asking so much , seeing is believing ....

Crystal..you are so right about seeing is believing and I am amazed that a young girl like you dare to take the courage to drive to JB (sometimes alone) to seek out 'greener pastures". Kudos to you!:smile:

Last edited:

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
That sounds great... even though it's a few more years in the future after construction completion and renovation. heheh... I think the mango tree will take a long time to grow and bear fruits.... let's just buy from Jusco/Tesco first... and then we can have our evening garden parties.

Bro, since you have a huge land, plant both trees and many more like durian, coconut and mulberry.
Can also open to brothers and sisters in HH ? Just a stone throw away almost like the same kampong !
Makan is our favorite pastime right .:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you moving from Sin to HH?
Hi investjb, almost missed your question. Yes, my wife and I are moving from SG to HH; hired CHL Movers to move a few large items and paid S$400 for a consolidated (shared) lorry. They are quite good, said will come at 11am to collect, they arrived at 10am and finished packing and loading by 11am. Then said lorry will arrive between 4-5pm in HH; lorry arrived at 3.45pm and had to wait for us. Only 2 items had minor dents at the corners because they only shrink-wrap, no bubble wrap even though they have the material.

Sis,
Going to the outlet on its first day (opening) will be frustrating. cant imagine how many people will go there. just imagine finding a car park already stressfull. finding place to eat also another stress, all eating outlet will be packed !!!

just my opinion.
If Crystal goes early, maybe can find easier parking and anyway ladies love to shop and "compete" with other shoppers... based on what I saw on Confessions of a Shopaholic. haha... enjoy your trip, Crystal... maybe I might go too on Sun.

from bukit indah...head towards Pulai interchange...instead of turning to tuas (going to sing)..head towards KL..then its just another straight 14km drive towards Genting Indahpura...you should see signs along the way pointing to shopping paradise land...haha.
Thanks bro, that sounds pretty near to HH. looking at their map on their website, they should have included the exit numbers too.

Guys

Any comments with regards to this loan package offer by Public ?
85% loan , is it standard for all MRTA terms and conditions?
Thanks

The loan pricing we going to offer u as below : -

1st year BLR -2.50%
2-3rd year BLR -2.45%
T/after BLR -2.40%
BLR @6.60%

As for the insurance part, i've calculated the premium for u. RM19,150 for 30 years premium. U may pay by cash or bank in to the loan.

If u intend to pay by cash , the instalment as below : -

1st year BLR -2.50% - RM2217
2-3rd year BLR -2.45% - RM2230
T/after BLR -2.40% - RM 2243

If u intend to finance the MRTA , the instalment as below : -

1st year BLR -2.50% - RM2310
2-3rd year BLR -2.45% - RM2323
T/after BLR -2.40% - RM2336
RHB can maybe give you better rates; do contact Jasmin from the Nusa Bestari branch if you can. Also HLB offered me BLR-2.45% for the whole tenure, which might result in less interest paid. As for the MRTA, it's more for the bank's peace of mind whereby they will still get their money and your peace of mind in the sense that you can still keep your house. But bear in mind, AFAIK mrta only covers in the event of death or TPD; CI is not covered. After MRTA became optional a few years ago, I stopped taking MRTA and instead increased my term insurance coverage; just sharing my opinions.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can also open to brothers and sisters in HH ? Just a stone throw away almost like the same kampong !
Makan is our favorite pastime right .:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Of course no problem... the more the merrier. Frankly speaking, I like organising events and gatherings, etc... so when the time comes (like 2-3 years time) we shall have a nice gathering in our new home in NI P8.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course no problem... the more the merrier. Frankly speaking, I like organising events and gatherings, etc... so when the time comes (like 2-3 years time) we shall have a nice gathering in our new home in NI P8.

I like the spirit !!! Looking forward to mini-singaporean-cum-malaysian-get-together session. hope that this community will flourish till our retirement !

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Crystal..you are so right about seeing is believing and I am amazed that a young girl like you dare to take the courage to drive to JB (sometimes alone) to seek out 'greener pastures". Kudos to you!:smile:

Hi Checkers

Me not young la , lao char bo liao , dun wan to buy so expensive leasehold pigeon hdb house in SG so venture out ....
i love JB a lot , golf, food , massage etc ....
Most of time alone coz sometimes go with family a bit troublesome , unless i wan to eat seafood , i bring them all out ... hee ...
My family also like JB la , all went to applied MACS too .
So its better to get a house there so can stay during weekends ... although they not supportive abt my decision on JB house , but 120% for sure , they will stay at my house for weekends when its ready!! So ends up 4 rooms , i only left 1 masterroom for myself nia.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Yes, definitely agree, this one really has guts.
The force is strong in this one. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.