• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sanur: "Hi thanks for the invite. Still unsure if am going in at the time. May I know which parish to u attend. Mine-church of the holy spirit"

Haha, I'm from Holy Spirit too - small world! Then you must remember Fr Ignatius Huan, who preaches at our church some times. He is now the resident priest at Immalculate Conception, JB. We intend to ask him to bless our house when we move in mid next year.

ahhh... so, thats Fr. Ignatius Huan, my wife kept wondering why that priest is so familiar looking.

relaxmannn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same here.... When I first bought imperia, all
My friends and relatives say I am crazy. But after the iskandar article and the recent announcement, 3 of them actually follow me for the main launch of imperia. I also bring them to see the show flat for EL melody as well as Ledang heights....
Cannot blame those that do not believe. Cos When things are too good, it is difficult to believe unless you see it for yourself...

When I ask them "malaysia iskandar is doing very well, interested to invest on property"?
They come out with negative answer such as "can meh", "safe bo", "malaysia house must wait till you see the shape liao then can buy"!!
I told them if really inteested then make a trip look look see see and gather more information on the progress.

Leisure

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about a possible serious crisis ahead. From what I know, many people downgrade to cheaper houses and cars and tighten their belts during a serious crisis. Do you guys think that properties in Iskandar, especially smaller units like terraces in Nusajaya, would see higher demand from Singaporeans when a severe and long crisis hits?

Of course Iskandar will also be hit economically and will receive much lesser foreign investments during a serious crisis, even committed ones will be delayed. But in terms of a more affordable property as compared to Singapore, maybe we'll see more demand from the belt-tighteners from Singapore?

Hi Investor, I m very new to JB properties. I have seen leisure farm and have thoughts of buying pinggiran bayou or maybe 1 medini condo. What do u think of this properties? Should I wait and see till next year? Thank you.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Living in JB
List of forummers who have purchased or intend to purchase property in Johor. Hope those guests who are following this thread actively will also create their own account and join 'The List'. (Copy the whole list including this heading. Click 'Reply to Thread'. Paste it in your reply and add your nick to the list.)
# IMPORTANT - For new members, please try to make your first 10 post anywhere else before adding your nick to this list.

1. Wuqi256 - Nusajaya, Wuqi256 sisters, sister bf. Wuqi256's relatives, friends and colleagues - Total 27 bought so far in Nusajaya
2. Investor - Nusajaya
3. Analytical Professor - Kempas
4. Sanur - Leisure farm/polo view
5. Sanur's mum - Leisure Farm/bayou water village
6. Sanur's SIL - Leisure Farm/polo view
7. Jasonjst - Sutera Utama
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
9. relaxmannn - Nusajaya
10. nusajayaphile - The Hills Precinct, Horizon Hills
11. Mahesh - Leisure Farm/pinggiran bayou
12. East539 - Nusajaya
13. East539's Sis - EL/LF
14. JazJoz - Horizon Hills
15. Lynn - east Ledang
16. TheGolf - HH
17. Grago. - Horizon Hills
18. Arsenal - Horizon Hills
19. Vincentck & Wife - NI
20. mathstub- Horizon Hills
21. ShawnLow - Bestari Heights
22. Skippy - Horizon Hill The Golf
23. LastResort Family - Horizon Hills, The Gateway, The Hills & Fairway Suites
24. Kaeel - Nusa Idaman , Hill side Semi D
25. Lord Aragorn - The Straits View Residences, Permas Jaya
26. cathylmg - Kempas
27. captw - Bukit Indah, Amelia 1
28. mallow - Nusajaya
29. IskandarRocks - East Ledang, Imperia@Puteri Harbour
30. euphony - LF & mt. austin
31. narmi - NI
32. maxpark - Fairway Suites, Indahwalk3
33. Avalon74- Setia Eco Garden
34. Yonglip - Bestari Heights
35. AbuGumGum - Sungai Chat, Johor Bahru
36. 2bFree - HH
37. Aisanbo - Sky Gardens Residences @ Setia Tropika
38. 29ers - LF
39. Weetabix - HH
40. SeriAustinian - Seri Austin, HH South Golf
41. iamapseudoneem - Nusa Idaman
42. Puteri Harbour - Imperia@Puteri Harbour
43. Odyssey - HH-Golf
44. avelc - Nusajaya

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I ask them "malaysia iskandar is doing very well, interested to invest on property"?
They come out with negative answer such as "can meh", "safe bo", "malaysia house must wait till you see the shape liao then can buy"!!
I told them if really inteested then make a trip look look see see and gather more information on the progress.

I asked an exec in a small S'pore property firm what he though about Iskandar. He replied that things tend to be slower in Malaysia, but Iskandar is different from other JB properties because of the massive investment from Khazanah, overseas investors (SG included). Interestingly I asked around friends including a few Malaysians -- none of them would consider investing in Iskandar, and thought it was crazy to own a property there. Perhaps many are hung up by CLOB and other bad experiences they heard about Malaysian property. Of course there is massive capital appreciation elsewhere, esp KL-- One of my friends bought an apt in Desa Parkcity, and it has appreciated about 100% in the last 3 years.

I stumbled on this thread while searching for information on Iskandar, and the posts here are quite encouraging. It makes sense that Nusajaya will be relatively successfully regardless of how the rest of Iskandar does, due to the sheer number of projects and attractions in Nusajaya. It will take time, but it does look like Iskandar will take off. Will prices double in 5years? I don't know, but there is a higher chance of that happening here, than in S'pore.

P.S. I'm keen to buy a terrace house in Nusajaya but it seems all are sold out some time back. Where else should I look?

darrkie.y

Alfrescian
Loyal
List of forummers who have purchased or intend to purchase property in Johor. Hope those guests who are following this thread actively will also create their own account and join 'The List'. (Copy the whole list including this heading. Click 'Reply to Thread'. Paste it in your reply and add your nick to the list.)
# IMPORTANT - For new members, please try to make your first 10 post anywhere else before adding your nick to this list.

1. Wuqi256 - Nusajaya, Wuqi256 sisters, sister bf. Wuqi256's relatives, friends and colleagues - Total 27 bought so far in Nusajaya
2. Investor - Nusajaya
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
9. relaxmannn - Nusajaya
12. East539 - Nusajaya
14. JazJoz - Horizon Hills
15. Lynn - east Ledang
16. TheGolf - HH
17. Grago. - Horizon Hills
18. Arsenal - Horizon Hills
19. Vincentck & Wife - NI
20. mathstub- Horizon Hills
21. ShawnLow - Bestari Heights
22. Skippy - Horizon Hill The Golf
23. LastResort Family - Horizon Hills, The Gateway, The Hills & Fairway Suites
24. Kaeel - Nusa Idaman , Hill side Semi D
25. Lord Aragorn - The Straits View Residences, Permas Jaya
26. cathylmg - Kempas
27. captw - Bukit Indah, Amelia 1
28. mallow - Nusajaya
29. IskandarRocks - East Ledang, Imperia@Puteri Harbour
30. euphony - LF & mt. austin
31. narmi - NI
32. maxpark - Fairway Suites, Indahwalk3
33. Avalon74- Setia Eco Garden
34. Yonglip - Bestari Heights
35. AbuGumGum - Sungai Chat, Johor Bahru
36. 2bFree - HH
37. Aisanbo - Sky Gardens Residences @ Setia Tropika
38. 29ers - LF
39. Weetabix - HH
40. SeriAustinian - Seri Austin, HH South Golf
41. iamapseudoneem - Nusa Idaman
42. Puteri Harbour - Imperia@Puteri Harbour
43. Odyssey - HH-Golf
44. darrkie.y - taman molek

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
.. To complete the picture perfect house with backyard "par chuoon"
Wally Tender.
35773179_fb6eae994a.jpg

Attachments

• 35773179_fb6eae994a.jpg
    35773179_fb6eae994a.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 589
Last edited:

fang65

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am also thinking about buying a place there albeit not so high end like HH
or EL but i am considering Bukit Indah. The terrace houses there seems
fairly reasonable. Plus my dad a Malaysian so I was thinking I could get places below 500k def. It not for investment purpose but for staying. I*would like my parents to retire there. †he properties there are developed by SP Setia.

I would like to ask its it feasible to get a place there? And how the security over there at bukit indah? Cos i think i would be in Singapore most of the time but i will try to shuttle to & fro and i will be worried about my parents' safety.

Hope anyone can advise!

Thanks a mil!

fang65

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am also thinking about buying a place there albeit not so high end like HH
or EL but i am considering Bukit Indah. The terrace houses there seems
fairly reasonable. Plus my dad a Malaysian so I was thinking I could get places below 500k def. It not for investment purpose but for staying. I*would like my parents to retire there. †he properties there are developed by SP Setia.

I would like to ask its it feasible to get a place there? And how the security over there at bukit indah? Cos i think i would be in Singapore most of the time but i will try to shuttle to & fro and i will be worried about my parents' safety.

Hope anyone can advise!

Thanks a mil!

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
either of the two leftmost lanes can do, so long as there is staff on duty. Same for going to MY. In the past it was petrol station, then a coffee shop at the R&R, but all gave up and seems the toll operator is running its own show.

Shell towards SG direction does have top up for touch & go... RM0.50 charge though

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brother Lemans2011,

You still dare to go to that coffeeshop despite being robbed previously? I was never robbed there but the place is too messy for my liking. I have never dined there except once with my relatives who know the place well and in a malaysia car of course. I love to dine at the Crystal Pearl Restaurant nearby ( same owner ) .. it is airconditioned and definitely not so messy! The food is ok, the female boss in her 20s is damn pretty. The price is not that bad and I usually stay there to use their wifi as well when I drop by.

Yesterday dropped by this Chef Wah alone for lunch and was "chopped" RM 50 exactly for one person meal. Oh dear I should have gone to Crystal Pearl Resturant.

For those innocent guys like me, better avoid Parris Hotel if u can. If u are going for massage, before u know it, another OKT called Ben and come between you and the masage IC and bring u to the 7th floor for sex with very pretty PRC girls. I avoided and literally had to dash for safety. This OKT is Ah Ben and the charges is RM 180.

Seems that a reputable spa like Parris have become another joint for vice activities. I am just going for a harmless massage, thats all! I am wondering if the spa at HH has also become a joint with vice activities going on.

Wah sounds like you had a very enriching experience at Parris haha... i still go to the same place occasionally, mostly for weekend breakfast... i tried the Crystal Pearl but i find their portions very small... and somehow i feel a bit uneasy because it is always so quiet... i feel more comfortable at the messy Pearl coffeeshop leh

Leisure

Alfrescian
Loyal

2. Investor - Nusajaya
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
9. relaxmannn - Nusajaya
12. East539 - Nusajaya