• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone heard about houses in bukit indah having termite problem ? Heard from a ppty agent and wondering if HH is covered for that .
Perhaps our advisor WuQi can comment abt HH case ?

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
anyone heard about houses in bukit indah having termite problem ? Heard from a ppty agent and wondering if HH is covered for that .
Perhaps our advisor WuQi can comment abt HH case ?

Never heard about termites for HH but some houses in Bukit Indah may have some small cases of infestation.
Not as severe as some cases like those in Permas, etc. Most houses in the area around HH have anti-termite
treatment including even Nusa Idaman where they have metal supports/struts.

A learned friend of mine once told me, if you see a place with lots of ants, it should not have much termites if at all.
Somehow, they don't seem to mix well.

HH does cover it but like most places, have to prove its not from some old furniture or contractors who moved sand,
etc.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never heard about termites for HH but some houses in Bukit Indah may have some small cases of infestation.
Not as severe as some cases like those in Permas, etc. Most houses in the area around HH have anti-termite
treatment including even Nusa Idaman where they have metal supports/struts.

A learned friend of mine once told me, if you see a place with lots of ants, it should not have much termites if at all.
Somehow, they don't seem to mix well.

HH does cover it but like most places, have to prove its not from some old furniture or contractors who moved sand,
etc.

Thanks , I make a few calls to township and a chap told me HH house has termite treatment at construction stage and is good until warranty expired for defect.
The chap also said the same as you, if you see others normal ants , then unlikely to have termites ! That' something I learned today. I learned that a 'treatment' using posion bait
where they drills holes on ground to plant i would cost a few thousands ringgit. Didn't know it cost so much to get ride of pest. Anyway, glad that I see lots of normal ants ; my protection against termites !

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard a special pass can be made at Malaysian immigration office. It's pasted on your passport. RM30 per year. After that, no need white card no need chop passport. I think if you go Malaysia often or stay long, worthwhile applying.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro AP , will give it a try and see.........
Analytical Professor "Has anyone noticed that at Causeway nearer to CIQ there is a dedicated lane for MACS. N malaysian passport holders?"In case you miss this lane, go through town, but hug the coast road. After the Danga rides and slides is the Iskandar set of offices, marked by the very visible MAXIS store on the corner - ths Iskandar offices are in the block behind the maxis block, closer to the sea. . If you miss that the same block houses an big Indian restaurant
Just got back from JB... Yes there are dedicated lanes for MACS and Malaysian passport holders. Malaysian passports is the 1st lane after the ramp and the next lane are for MACS holders. Clearly sign posted, just be aware after rounding the bend on the ramp!!!! Hope there is a similar setup at the 2nd/Tuas link!!!!!

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just got back from JB... Yes there are dedicated lanes for MACS and Malaysian passport holders. Malaysian passports is the 1st lane after the ramp and the next lane are for MACS holders. Clearly sign posted, just be aware after rounding the bend on the ramp!!!! Hope there is a similar setup at the 2nd/Tuas link!!!!!

Can we still use this MACS lane if only driver got MACS but passengers do not ?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
At TUAS surely helpful bro.

But at CIQ i dun c the point

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been a lazy bum and couch potato bro....
I ran up and down 30plus times during the aircon /grill/lighting installation etc each time and developed severe pain in the thighs/calves/heels etc..... could not walk sia.....

Taman Sutera 3 storey looks nice until I think abt the stair climbing...
Lucky my staircase is the zip zag type.. was contemplating having a chair half way up the stairs, to rest when age catches up.. haha

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our second contractor, also a swindler, installed the rood minus the layer. He told us that if a leak should occur with that layer in, the water would just trickle down to the lowest level and you would not be able to find out where the leak in the roof actually happened. Please tell me even this was a lie?
Actually when I did the backyard extension, the method of laying the roof tiles is also just an overlap installation. The additional layer is mainly meant for heat insulation.. contractor claimed that it would not leak as long as the inclination is sufficient to expedite the rain flow..

3 weeks ago, there was a major rain & I even had flooding of ard 3 inch at the balcony area as the water trap was stuck with debris.. still not sign of leaks for backyard roofing.. keep fingers crossed..

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the first time d/l bit corrent client.
Did not even know how to use it....
Finally learning how to use it.....
Managed to d/l one movie last nite and d/l in one more movie now....
So damn freakin slow....

Depends on a few factors.. bandwidth, seeders/leechers ratio & time of day..
For movies, there are also different categories like first cams & DVD Rips.. have fun..

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lucky Bro.....

Small mercies from our govt.

Touch wood.... touch wood touch wood...

Guess i am lucky not to be part of the statistic..
Just like 3/4 tank rule.. I never kenna inspected for the last 5 yrs of driving into JB..
Not that I mod my tank or drive in with blinking lights

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah dude having fun learning it....

Trying to figure out what the hell is seeders and leechers....

BTW does anonymous download work?

Depends on a few factors.. bandwidth, seeders/leechers ratio & time of day..
For movies, there are also different categories like first cams & DVD Rips.. have fun..

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had flooding as well sometime middle of last year....

Thought there was some defect.

Called the Setia Tropika office and bingo they arrived to check....

It was just debris bro....

Felt ashamed for not thinking out of the box.... Too much of PAP

Actually when I did the backyard extension, the method of laying the roof tiles is also just an overlap installation. The additional layer is mainly meant for heat insulation.. contractor claimed that it would not leak as long as the inclination is sufficient to expedite the rain flow..

3 weeks ago, there was a major rain & I even had flooding of ard 3 inch at the balcony area as the water trap was stuck with debris.. still not sign of leaks for backyard roofing.. keep fingers crossed..

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry for the delayed reply ......

Yeah thats right Pfingo does not work in the background.....

You are right again.... that is if your screen is not showing pfingo it means you have actually logged out......

So no calls....

Now i had to test out on my GAlaxy tablet (android based)

And yes ..... It pushes the call forward from the background.... Delighted.....

There may be the occassional glitches.... but for the most part .... i think i am pleased for now.....

No wonder IDD charges are dropping like crazy.....

Its time local charges drop too if people use this device.

But the UI is still pretty rudimentary on the IPAD while on android its slightly better....

Also since IPAD does not have a contact d/base you gotta manually key in each of them while on the Android Galaxy tablet it syncs in neatly with ur contacts

pFingo app on iPhone / iPad does not work in the background (multi-tasking), i.e. if your screen is not showing pFingo, you are actually "logged out", so you will not receive incoming calls.

Is it the same for Andriod on Galaxy Tablet?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
You really love and adore your wife man.....

The world needs more men like you:biggrin:

Bro, I am the maid lah..
After ckleaning the JB home, came back to wrap up the cleaning for HDB flat..
Hopefully next week will be easier.. (either less dirt accumulation or body getting used to it)
haha

Did the cleaning also to inspect any damages incurred by contractors.. found the laminate damaged so will discuss further with the wardrobe guys..

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Ginfreely bro, yes I have my part time business. =)

Wow you'll be juggling multiple roles in university! Pretty tough huh to do business and study university full time. Not sure about now, during my time years ago, we were already pretty busy spending time in various ECAs and hostel activities besides studying.

Status
Not open for further replies.