• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I would pay for EL houses over HH because its so damn near to Singapore. You can still use 2nd link to visit Science Centre, Bird Park or your factory in Tuas all under 30 minutes. You never miss anything much. HH is bit far out thoug
h

Agree. But not many subsale properties on the market leh. And what are left at the recent launch are bungalows:(

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi folks here

Thanks for the load of information here. We are also in the process of buying a holiday/retirement home in JB too :biggrin:

Thinking of going in on National Day's eve to check out loan rates. Does anyone have any idea what is the best time to go in so as to avoid jams? Should I use the causeway or 2nd link?

Thanks in advance !

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Actually I would pay for EL houses over HH because its so damn near to Singapore. You can still use 2nd link to visit Science Centre, Bird Park or your factory in Tuas all under 30 minutes. You never miss anything much. HH is bit far out thoug
h

Hi HH, you seem to have something very much against HH, it made me wonder what made you buy 5 units here then? Its not only developments like HH that are rising or appreciating in prices but also others such as EL or even Setia developments. Some of Setia properties are catching up to EL and HH pricing. With your constant dissatisifaction with HH, IMHO, you should just sell HH and go to EL where you might be happier.

Make no mistake, HH quality and furnishing will lag behind EL as its definitely not the best in terms of quality and design/layout but it is very livable as a place and the view and quality of the air and proximity to the amenities is really what drew us here. Different things for different people i guess which was why i bought and live here as well. Even my tenants are thinking of buying my units from me but i am not selling. I didn't want to buy a place where we have to travel far to get food, etc and wanted someplace where my parents have no issues with travelling around as there is a lot of current f&b outlets, shopping centres, banks etc here.

EL is definitely up there in terms of finishing, location but 2 years ago, when i was shopping for a place to rest our feet, i had to face the prospect that for food, etc, other than Gelang Patah, the nearest one would still be Bukit Indah area.

I did not want my parents to wait years before we get shopping, easy access to food, shops, etc.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Purely on investment wise, i did what Jasonjst proposed, views wise definitely semi-ds are better. Neighbours wise, for terrace, somewhat but for the rest it depends as i know folks in clusters who are way richer than some of my learned friends.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I had to achieve results and get my parents buy in quickly, If i had to tell them they would have to wait or that they would have to travel far to get to the nearest mall, they and the rest of my family would have never come. Some of our relatives were waiting to laugh at us.

To Bros, whether you are a sales agent or working for developers, i understand that you may need to push for customers.

Some developments, like EL sells by themselves on their own merit as there are lots.
There is no need to diss other development under the guise of being owners of other
developments.

Its was very obvious from day one but is getting to be a bit too obvious now.

I wish you good sales.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi guys,
Got any idea where to buy Chengal Wood , best if they provide cutting services too .
Is the chengal wood an expensive material to use for fencing , as I dont when to use metal grill make it like prison.

Hi Jasonjst, chengal wise you have to shop around as the nearby places that sell them are expensive. You can start with the Jati furniture place near Station One Cafe, opposite the Nusa Duta place. They may be able to point you to the right place.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi DB... oops I meant Horizonhills. In my view, any price at RM1.15 mil and below for a East Ledang's semi-d in Phase 1 is considered Fire Sale price. There's no straight answer for HH as there are different precinct, sizes, facing etc to consider.

My view on HH is that presently, it is the one and only, best lifestyle living, gated & guarded community with great view and security in the whole of Johor which is nearest to Sg via 2nd link. Other than that, it is presently accessible via a relatively new Taman(Bukit Indah) and thus the feel good factor of the surrounding environment and amenities(Jusco, Tesco etc) as compared to all the older Johor including JB city. At present as Nusajaya is still not developed, many have the mindset of buying a landed property in Johor with great lifestyle living as priority, near to already existing amenities, with price appreciation(investment) as bonus. Thus if they were to buy East Ledang, they would lose the 'lifestyle living with great view' component for around the same amount of money paid. Since there are uncertainties about developments in Malaysia, why not make their money well spent and thus HH is their choice at present.

To me, investing in East Ledang is investing in its 'future' potential in terms of Location. It is right beside Iskandar Financial District in Medini and also the very successful Educity. My view of 'right beside' means within walking distance, a mere 5 mins drive away will be a totally different world. If not, I would have bought in Gelang Patah :biggrin: Temasek did their due diligence on the whole of Iskandar Region and chose to place their money to develop the whole cluster 'right beside' Iskandar Financial District in Medini too, they definitely didn't just tikam tikam or 'tiam yiu tiam peng peng' and happened to point at Medini on the map :biggrin: On the map, East Ledang is on the left of Iskandar Financial District in Medini and Temasek's developments(including terraces, semi-ds and bungalows) are on the right. Investing in this location, I won't be worried of the future newer, grander, safer, nicer land-scape, cheaper etc etc new gated communities springing up in Gelang Patah or any areas even nearer to 2nd link being competitors to East Ledang. Unless IRDA is so successful on Iskandar Financial District in Medini that they decide to build another Financial District nearer to 2nd link call Medini2 or Menini :wink:, but even if that happens, I'll still have plenty of time to sell my units will big profit since the Iskandar Financial District in Medini is already so successful and thus a highly sought after Location.

I couldn't have put it better, we needed a place that has all the right factors as there was very little confidence back then and even buying HH (a "blue" chip) was seen as risky. I had to get them to a place that seems to carry the lowest risk.

The design, quality and finishing, i can rectify it easily. The location, shopping and amenities i can't do much about even if i were willing to throw money at it.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had to achieve results and get my parents buy in quickly, If i had to tell them they would have to wait or that they would have to travel far to get to the nearest mall, they and the rest of my family would have never come. Some of our relatives were waiting to laugh at us.

To Bros, whether you are a sales agent or working for developers, i understand that you may need to push for customers.

Some developments, like EL sells by themselves on their own merit as there are lots.
There is no need to diss other development under the guise of being owners of other
developments.

Its was very obvious from day one but is getting to be a bit too obvious now.

I wish you good sales.

Yes agree , I think Bukit Indah area got its charm too , EL is catering for different market , and could take years to make it work . Most probably they can co-exit side by side lah . Resident for Bukit Indah area will visit the Medini area once a while for leisure look see look see ! EL area maybe cater for people who need to travel to SG daily .
If you plan to stay and enjoy living in JB , dont really make a very big different (Infact Bukit Indah is better ), we most likely to go back to SG once or twice a month can liao , everyday living and needs everything is at your door step , what more are we asking ?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi DB... oops I meant Horizonhills. In my view, any price at RM1.15 mil and below for a East Ledang's semi-d in Phase 1 is considered Fire Sale price. There's no straight answer for HH as there are different precinct, sizes, facing etc to consider.

My view on HH is that presently, it is the one and only, best lifestyle living, gated & guarded community with great view and security in the whole of Johor which is nearest to Sg via 2nd link. Other than that, it is presently accessible via a relatively new Taman(Bukit Indah) and thus the feel good factor of the surrounding environment and amenities(Jusco, Tesco etc) as compared to all the older Johor including JB city. At present as Nusajaya is still not developed, many have the mindset of buying a landed property in Johor with great lifestyle living as priority, near to already existing amenities, with price appreciation(investment) as bonus. Thus if they were to buy East Ledang, they would lose the 'lifestyle living with great view' component for around the same amount of money paid. Since there are uncertainties about developments in Malaysia, why not make their money well spent and thus HH is their choice at present.

To me, investing in East Ledang is investing in its 'future' potential in terms of Location. It is right beside Iskandar Financial District in Medini and also the very successful Educity. My view of 'right beside' means within walking distance, a mere 5 mins drive away will be a totally different world. If not, I would have bought in Gelang Patah :biggrin: Temasek did their due diligence on the whole of Iskandar Region and chose to place their money to develop the whole cluster 'right beside' Iskandar Financial District in Medini too, they definitely didn't just tikam tikam or 'tiam yiu tiam peng peng' and happened to point at Medini on the map :biggrin: On the map, East Ledang is on the left of Iskandar Financial District in Medini and Temasek's developments(including terraces, semi-ds and bungalows) are on the right. Investing in this location, I won't be worried of the future newer, grander, safer, nicer land-scape, cheaper etc etc new gated communities springing up in Gelang Patah or any areas even nearer to 2nd link being competitors to East Ledang. Unless IRDA is so successful on Iskandar Financial District in Medini that they decide to build another Financial District nearer to 2nd link call Medini2 or Menini :wink:, but even if that happens, I'll still have plenty of time to sell my units will big profit since the Iskandar Financial District in Medini is already so successful and thus a highly sought after Location.

I couldn't have put it better, we needed a place that has all the right factors as there was very little confidence back then and even buying HH (a "blue" chip) was seen as risky. I had to get them to a place that seems to carry the lowest risk.

The design, quality and finishing, i can rectify it easily. The location, shopping and amenities i can't do much about even if i were willing to throw money at it.

Yup you definitely can't choose EL in 2009 or even at present if you want amenities to be nearby, HH is the right choice for that reason.
Lifestyle mega mall near EL will only be completed next year together with Legoland, earlier to start should be Anjung Mall with Mydin HyperMart outside EL.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
hi wuqi, i had 2 twins at EL already and found that whatever the case, if u are in for the long term and need to travel in and out of JB to Spore on a daily basis, close proximity to Singapore is of essence. That is why I never invested in Leisure Farm cos its way out. I love HH but I need to be objective about the poor finishing and services from the township etc. It is never on par with EL during the handover and inspection etc. The last ting I want is to get my friends complaining to me about why I dint mention about the inferior finishing of HH and the poor service by the township. I think as an investor, one just need to be honest with everyone.

Hi HH, so you now you have 2 twins on top of the 5 houses in HH. Congrats.

Yes close promity is one thing i always liked about EL, even if i do need to go back to SG, i still can do it within 1 hour so its not a big deal to me.
I do agree on the finishing, you also left out the design/layout for HH, most of which is bad incidentally.

Service wise, i don't think its poor so far though, maybe its my own experience as ones mileage may vary no matter what development one owns.

I don't think anyone ever said that HH is perfect and i have highlighted the design and finishing issues from day one, every development has its own pros and cons, some more than the others. I try to help out my friends whenever they have defect issues, when i am in town i will check for them if they pass me the keys. So far, of the many houses my friends bought, we didn't really encounter anything serious.

Thinking back, there were 2 cases that folks brought to my attention in Gelang Patah area back then when i was still considering, one of an Indian business man who was shot to death for money and another of robbery cum rape occuring there.

There are of course no safe haven, crime is everywhere and i have always maintained that EL is the best and HH a close 2nd, just that the runner up is the champion in my eyes.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yup you definitely can't choose EL in 2009 or even at present if you want amenities to be nearby, HH is the right choice for that reason.
Lifestyle mega mall near EL will only be completed next year together with Legoland, earlier to start should be Anjung Mall with Mydin HyperMart outside EL.

Thanks Investor, once completed though, EL will be a great place. Its just that if i had chosen for EL, my parents probably won't live here at all. As it is, even my mum was quickly convinced once she found out its very livable and we are not the type to stock up for a week at ago. Anytime my dad needs cigarettes, the nearest mamak shop is only 1-2 mins away and he could cycle there as well. (new shop opened opposite the Chinese Primary school)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yes agree , I think Bukit Indah area got its charm too , EL is catering for different market , and could take years to make it work . Most probably they can co-exit side by side lah . Resident for Bukit Indah area will visit the Medini area once a while for leisure look see look see ! EL area maybe cater for people who need to travel to SG daily .
If you plan to stay and enjoy living in JB , dont really make a very big different (Infact Bukit Indah is better ), we most likely to go back to SG once or twice a month can liao , everyday living and needs everything is at your door step , what more are we asking ?

I would think EL would work, just that it takes time. I am the poor/lousy type who thinks a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. With UEM, EL could hardly fail but it would take a while and i couldn't afford to wait. Yes EL would be good for the daily commute as it cuts down the time by 10-15 mins at least.

It is really livable and hence i really feel comfortable housing my parents here, i don't need to look or go far for varieties in food, maintenance, bills, etc. Almost everything is at the doorsteps.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi wuqi, i had 2 twins at EL already and found that whatever the case, if u are in for the long term and need to travel in and out of JB to Spore on a daily basis, close proximity to Singapore is of essence. That is why I never invested in Leisure Farm cos its way out. I love HH but I need to be objective about the poor finishing and services from the township etc. It is never on par with EL during the handover and inspection etc. The last ting I want is to get my friends complaining to me about why I dint mention about the inferior finishing of HH and the poor service by the township. I think as an investor, one just need to be honest with everyone.

Anyway , you have houses both in HH and EL , so it is best of both world mah ! I guess you will off load some of your properties when time is right , both should make money even though might not be of equal percentage , but it does spread your risk out . Too bad , most of us here dont have that much of money to invest , so we cant diversified into EL at this current price leh .

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wah... so rich... can i intro my sister to you

wesel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

i will be officially move in to HH this coming Sept after the long waiting from 2008 to 2011.

Ops! repeated.

i'm wondering actually how many bros & sis are staying in HH, so let have a start with me, cheer!

1. Wesel (Golf East).

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi checkers,

Traveling by causeway one is so much cheaper.. The best time during weekdays to enter from causeway is 9-11:30am.. 1:30 to 4pm.. The best time to return to Singapore is before 4pm.. I just came back from JB via second link.. I guess if travelled by 2nd link during weekday non peak hour, there will very little traffic..and the custom officers in Singapore will be so free that 4-5 officers might attend to you and check your car thoroughly..

Rgds

Hi folks here

Thanks for the load of information here. We are also in the process of buying a holiday/retirement home in JB too :biggrin:

Thinking of going in on National Day's eve to check out loan rates. Does anyone have any idea what is the best time to go in so as to avoid jams? Should I use the causeway or 2nd link?

Thanks in advance !

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Lemans2011, looks like your semi-d in East Ledang's phase 2 is almost built up to the roof.
269117_253930297955860_115381348477423_1171233_7822227_n.jpg
attachment.php

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I love HH... Even though the prices are high and the finishing is just normal, however some renovation with quality fixtures will make it look posh and attractive.. I love the location.. In the midst of a beautiful golf course and lots of space, where else can you find such freehold development in the regions, or in the world? EL is posh and classy.. However I am going for a simple life with access to nature and basic things of life..and some golfing and exercising as and when I like.. HH... I can't wait to live in you! Kiss kiss!

Hi HH, so you now you have 2 twins on top of the 5 houses in HH. Congrats.

Yes close promity is one thing i always liked about EL, even if i do need to go back to SG, i still can do it within 1 hour so its not a big deal to me.
I do agree on the finishing, you also left out the design/layout for HH, most of which is bad incidentally.

Service wise, i don't think its poor so far though, maybe its my own experience as ones mileage may vary no matter what development one owns.

I don't think anyone ever said that HH is perfect and i have highlighted the design and finishing issues from day one, every development has its own pros and cons, some more than the others. I try to help out my friends whenever they have defect issues, when i am in town i will check for them if they pass me the keys. So far, of the many houses my friends bought, we didn't really encounter anything serious.

Thinking back, there were 2 cases that folks brought to my attention in Gelang Patah area back then when i was still considering, one of an Indian business man who was shot to death for money and another of robbery cum rape occuring there.

There are of course no safe haven, crime is everywhere and i have always maintained that EL is the best and HH a close 2nd, just that the runner up is the champion in my eyes.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Lemans2011, looks like your semi-d in East Ledang's phase 2 is almost built up to the roof.

Investor,

Yours at quite advance stage of construction liao.

They build from outside, mine at inner rows are the slowest, 15% (ie 35% cumulative) payment has been called for but dono why the land is still encumbered as in UEM's banker have not released title to developer. Sneaked into construction site over the weekend, brickwall is partially up.
The picture makes the place looks congested but actually it is quite well spaced.

I found out they use solid bricks on the outer walls, but walls within the house use a different kind of brick... the bigger blocks with 6 holes. Not particularly pleased looking at the way the workers lay the bricks, my dad's workmanship would have been much better than these Indo workers. But looking at those with walls finished ones they look nice. They do use some metal edges stuff in finishing the corners. According to my dad the outer walls have double-layer bricks, i could not quite understand but he seems to know better as this is his trade.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.