• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avonup

Alfrescian
Loyal
:O Care to share your experiences? Which type have you gotten? What happened?

Hi Cathy,
We had a ramba for about 6 mths. Found it useful. Surprising the small machine could do quite a good job, floor is quite clean. It is true that you would need to keep the place rather obstacle free. Generally, no complian. However, I understand that the battery is rather costly.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
TLPPL, the budget you wrote about, if you can increase it slightly to 1600 MYR, you are still able to rent a terrace in HH. Else there are also other developments but best is gated and guarded ones. You can go to www.iproperty.com.my to start looking and with 1k MYR, you should still be able to find something.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bros here, to help avoid confusion, from my limited knowledge, for the most common property definition in terms of size, from smallest to biggest is:
_ _ _ _
/_\/_\/_\/_\
|1 |2 | 3|4 |
------------
Terrace = Houses that are linked from both sides in a row, like the diagram, from #1 to #4. Some rows may even number in the tens
Terrace (Intermediate terrace) - Also known as linked house in local lingo
Terrace (Corner) as illustrated by house # 1 and #4.

Front Back
_ _ _ _
/_\/_\ /_\/_\
|1 |2 | |3 |4 |
------ ------

Aerial view
| 3 | 4 |
| 1 | 2 |

Cluster = Houses that is part of a set of 4 where its linked by one of its side as well as the back is back to back with a neighbour
Cluster
Cluster (End lot, normally with a bigger garden area, in this case, depending on the side, it may be considered as an end lot as there are no more
cluster plots neighbouring one end.

Clusters are also marketed by certain developers as Linked Semi-D as they look exactly like Semi-Ds from the front

Semi-D
| 1 | 2 |

Two houses joined together one one end whether you are looking from the front or aerial view
Some developers link them back to back instead and call them linked bungalow, aeria view is like
this:
| 1 |
| 2 |

From the front, it really looks like a bungalow but linked back to back

Bungalow
| 0 |

One unit by itself normally

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Finally decided to start my own blog,
i know its a little late by some buddies
have asked me to so just started. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Really sad to hear about the state of affairs for the animals. Perharps there should be some kind of mandatory neutering laws which stipulates unless for authorized or licensed breeders, else all animals will be sterilized when first imported. At least helps to keep the unwanted/abandoned animal numbers down. Seen so many abandoned animals, its sad. Kudos to those providing for them. Respect.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros here, to help avoid confusion, from my limited knowledge, for the most common property definition in terms of size, from smallest to biggest is:
_ _ _ _
/_\/_\/_\/_\
|1 |2 | 3|4 |
------------
Terrace = Houses that are linked from both sides in a row, like the diagram, from #1 to #4. Some rows may even number in the tens
Terrace (Intermediate terrace) - Also known as linked house in local lingo
Terrace (Corner) as illustrated by house # 1 and #4.

Front Back
_ _ _ _
/_\/_\ /_\/_\
|1 |2 | |3 |4 |
------ ------

Aerial view
| 3 | 4 |
| 1 | 2 |

Cluster = Houses that is part of a set of 4 where its linked by one of its side as well as the back is back to back with a neighbour
Cluster
Cluster (End lot, normally with a bigger garden area, in this case, depending on the side, it may be considered as an end lot as there are no more
cluster plots neighbouring one end.

Clusters are also marketed by certain developers as Linked Semi-D as they look exactly like Semi-Ds from the front

Semi-D
| 1 | 2 |

Two houses joined together one one end whether you are looking from the front or aerial view
Some developers link them back to back instead and call them linked bungalow, aeria view is like
this:
| 1 |
| 2 |

From the front, it really looks like a bungalow but linked back to back

Bungalow
| 0 |

One unit by itself normally

Yes this is correct , some developer just like to confuse ppls with villa , super link , etc to give ppls a wrong impression. I belive you need to look at the size , materials , design and workmanship too . Most importantly the location , right ?

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I noticed some villas are actually more like semi-Ds. Super links are actually just bigger terrace units. They also tend to give you better furnishing to add value.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Congrats. Which means to say we will behave like gentlemen at your blog, and free to fight and quarrel here in the true spirit of Sammyboy :-D

Last edited:

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Brilliant! All-in-one-spot-info-depository incl your wisdom of the nooks and crannies of Iskandar. Hope you will keep it as commercial-free as possible to remain objective and unbiased. But do come back here to engage in Q&A and the conversations. Your opinion always valuable. Do share the url when ready...

And hey, thanks for the clarification of clusters vs superlink terrace. So clusters is a clever way of marketing a similar-sized terrace house by laying out differently in ways that appeal to diff people (esp those who do not cook).

Last edited:

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes this is correct , some developer just like to confuse ppls with villa , super link , etc to give ppls a wrong impression. I belive you need to look at the size , materials , design and workmanship too . Most importantly the location , right ?

Another way to compare is their land size, whether it's a 24'x70' or 50'x80' etc plus their built-up. I think it will be clearer rather than comparing type of houses classified by the developer.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congratulations, it will be a success as this thread has proved:biggrin:
An occasional or more visit back here goes without saying as I'm sure most forummers would look forward to. Please give us your new site addy.

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another way to compare is their land size, whether it's a 24'x70' or 50'x80' etc plus their built-up. I think it will be clearer rather than comparing type of houses classified by the developer.

I prefer more squaris type , rather than the long and deep kind lor .

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Some clusters at the Gateway or Golf have land size of 4000sqt and buiilt up of 24'x70.. So it is really quite difficult to compare.. The new link terrrace at the hill are big and modern and thus the price is steep and corner cluster starting at great than 1M is comparable to SemiD in size and price..

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can anyone share with me any good and trustworthy contractors or interior designers in JB?

Do I have to buy aircons, fans, etc first or to engage ID or contractors separately to install for me?

Is there a place like IMM in JB where I can find almost all the ID, contractors at the same place?

Any recommendation for kitchen cabinets etc..?

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last edited:

east539

Alfrescian
Loyal
From what I learned from the HH sales, the Hill clusters start from 928K onwards... The corner units (few left) from 1.1M onwards..and many people are leaving their cheques to HH so to secure the new cluster batch once released..
Of course, price has shot up quite a lot..

Yes, arsenal is correct, intermediate unit is going from 820k onward & cluster form 900k onward.

Skippy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congrats. Which means to say we will behave like gentlemen at your blog, and free to fight and quarrel here in the true spirit of Sammyboy :-D

Wow i've so much to read since the last log in... Yippie Bro Wuqi.. long awaited for you to start... do keep us updated...

As for the drink kopi session... my deep deep apologies... i've still searching a good location. Hence i'm also waiting for a good timing.. i guess it'll be very soon... give me a bit more time on this... Thanks for your kind patience...

Cheers... Wink**

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Huh that's easy. Just congregate at the restaurant outside HH sales office... nice view and no need to worry about attendance

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi all,

I will definitely keep the site free from any bias, as i would be sharing some photos as well as more personal information there, would PM some of the bros here rather than sharing it.

Arsenal, for lighting, go to Trendy lighting in Nusa Bestari area.I just shared a long list of contacts some ten pages back. For fans, washing machine, fridge, aircon, you can go to the shop in Perling Mall (1st floor electronics shop).

For aircon alone, BH Aircon at Nusa Bestai (same row as Trendy Lighting) Money changer you can also go there (with the orange signboard) as its the best so far(IMHO)

This is as close as one stop as one can get. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.