• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
S'poreans in 'nude squat' case to give written account
AsiaOne
Thu, Jun 16, 2011

SINGAPORE - The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has issued a statement regarding the case of the two Singaporean women who were recently detained in Malaysia.

"We welcome the quick announcement of the Malaysian authorities of an immediate investigation into the ill-treatment of the two Singaporeans at the Pekan Nenas Detention Centre. The allegations made by the two Singaporeans are serious and raise concerns".

"The two Singaporeans have told MFA that they will provide us with a written account of what transpired. As soon as we receive it, we will give their statement to the Malaysian High Commission. Hopefully this will help the Malaysian investigators come to a quick conclusion. We will closely monitor the outcome of the official investigation".

Asked about previous cases of Singaporeans who had encountered problems on leaving Malaysia, the MFA Spokesman confirmed that there had been several previous cases of Singaporeans who had reported that their passports were not stamped at Malaysian Immigration checkpoints and who had thus encountered difficulties on exit.

The Spokesman added, "We remind all Singaporeans travelling to Malaysia, and in particular those travelling to Johor by road, to be vigilant and ensure that their passports are stamped at entry and exit by the Malaysian Immigration authorities".

In the most recent case, the women were arrested at the Sultan Iskandar Immigration checkpoint in Johor Baru on June 9.

According to various media reports, they were told to strip, perform 10 squats and jailed for the night before being released at about 5pm the following day.

An investigation board in Malaysia, known as the Malaysian Immigration Special Investigation Board (LPKIM), is now probing whether the arrests were done according to the law, according to Immi_gration director-general Datuk Alias Ahmad.

In a statement yesterday, he said: "The board will make recommendations for the department to carry out."

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
On a different note DBSS flats launched in tampines at a whopping price of S$880k.

Any clue where prices are headed?

Tampines residents asset value goes higher??

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I am glad i got MACS for all my family members the first chance i got so that i save them any possible hassle. This finger scanning exercise should be scrapped for Singaporeans though, that part i definitely agree to smoothen out the traffic.

Bro AP, you are right, we should not be too quick to judge but the circumstances surrounding the case is tenuous at best and i would definitely love to give the benefit of the doubt. The detention part i can understand but the squatting one, unless demographics or stats shows a high risk of drug mules from SG, else from their passports, if they are Singaporeans, its easier to understand and exempt. I just had this discussion with a learned colleague over lunch.

He told me, maybe this is because of our open FT and free PR/Citizenship/Passport policy, such that the SG passport is cheapened because any Tiong, Dean or Lahkopi can just use our passport to enter and do "business" there so they may be just exercising caution. Still too heavy handed though. One of their China sounding name also tarred the perspective on the case in a way.

I do apologise.

Btw, as usual, we have someone jumping on dissing MY the first chance she gets, (its she now as she claimed to be a "he" who has done NS and always uses "others" in her arguments) yet somehow, (puzzling to me) she is always going into Johor.

Last time, she claims she always goes in through BMW, now through bus, next she will claim motorcycle maybe. Always dissing people for buying cheap houses that are only HDB prices, yet doesn't realise many have more than 5-6 "HDB" houses already. No matter, i try not to dwelve in to the psyche but i do deplore the education standards here which makes people only ponder constantly about problems more than the solutions.

Evidently, the little thin book, Who moved my cheese is too thick for some people.

Still remembered someone commanded me on the comms to do A + B so that i can get to C and D. I suggested the quickest yet most proper way which is to do E and then you can resolve A-E. In the end, its his way or the highway, we did his way and worse got lost and in the end there was a still a small window of opportunity but even that was lost as he took too long to make up his mind/too afraid of looking bad.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo Bro you sound like an A* Researcher....

Can you please help me decipher.....

So chim leh...

I am desperately looking for the book ":Power of the Subconscious". I had the original and pirated copies of that 5 years ago.... i somehow misplaced both.

Now moving heaven and earth to find the same.

Btw, as usual, we have someone jumping on dissing MY the first chance she gets, (its she now as she claimed to be a "he" who has done NS and always uses "others" in her arguments) yet somehow, (puzzling to me) she is always going into Johor.

Last time, she claims she always goes in through BMW, now through bus, next she will claim motorcycle maybe. Always dissing people for buying cheap houses that are only HDB prices, yet doesn't realise many have more than 5-6 "HDB" houses already. No matter, i try not to dwelve in to the psyche but i do deplore the education standards here which makes people only ponder constantly about problems more than the solutions.

Evidently, the little thin book, Who moved my cheese is too thick for some people.

Still remembered someone commanded me on the comms to do A + B so that i can get to C and D. I suggested the quickest yet most proper way which is to do E and then you can resolve A-E. In the end, its his way or the highway, we did his way and worse got lost and in the end there was a still a small window of opportunity but even that was lost as he took too long to make up his mind/too afraid of looking bad.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes MACS is good.

Less hassle....

Have renewed mine as well.

Please ensure that guys who wanna renew/apply MACS that pp validity is atleast 2 years (not a day less).

I am glad i got MACS for all my family members the first chance i got so that i save them any possible hassle. This finger scanning exercise should be scrapped for Singaporeans though, that part i definitely agree to smoothen out the traffic.

Skippy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes MACS is good.

Less hassle....

Please ensure that guys who wanna renew/apply MACS that pp validity is atleast 2 years (not a day less).

Hi Bro AP,
May i find out from you regarding the renewal...
1. Where did u do the renewal? Any other place to do this renewal?
2. Did u pay any fees?
3. passport photo needed if done MACS previously?

Sorry to trouble you cos the other time i heard you guys mentioned abt the Danga Bay one... not to sure about this ... mine expiring in Aug...
Thanks for your kind help in advance....
Cheers..

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
On a different note DBSS flats launched in tampines at a whopping price of S$880k.

Any clue where prices are headed?

Tampines residents asset value goes higher??

Its just beside the block opposite mine. I wonder whether it has any impact of the sales price of my block. :smile:

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come Jul 1 the KTM will move it station to Woodland. May I know where is the exact location? Anyone knows?

I heard that you can get KTM ticket at half price if you get in malaysia instead of Singapore. But not at the station at the custom. May I know that if I buy the tickets at the kempas train station, any discount for that?

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes MACS is good.

Less hassle....

They still need to scan it correct? So what if they don't scan it? Can get into trouble? I don't see any designated lane for MAC holders? So still have to queue the way in if there is jam before the Malaysia custom?

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some of us called these women names. Was that fair? I dun think so... Some of us cast aspersions on these womens characters... Was that fair?

I think we should not discredit these women until the final outcome of investigations on both sides is clear.....

No media judgin....

Must be innocent until proven guilty not otherwise.......

Lastly..... it may be ok for us guys to take of our clothes.... but for women its traumatic.... specially in unknown quarters... when they dunno whats gonna happen next? they could have even got raped... the trauma is hard to erase.....

So if we did cast aspersions on their character we owe an apology to ourselves first for pre judging them....

Jun 17, 2011
JB officials suspended over nude squat claim
Singapore to monitor closely outcome of Malaysia's investigation

By Tham Yuen-C

TWO Johor Baru immigration officials have been suspended over the treatment of the Singaporean women detained last week - as the Singapore Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) said it would 'closely monitor' the outcome of Malaysia's investigation.

The two women have said they were ordered to undress and do squats after accidentally passing through immigration without getting their passports stamped.

Malaysia's Immigration Department director-general Alias Ahmad said yesterday that the officials have been suspended until the seven-man panel completes its investigation. Meanwhile, the MFA said the allegations 'are serious and raise concerns'. 'We welcome the quick announcement of the Malaysian authorities of an immediate investigation,' said a spokesman.

Malaysia set up its multi-agency inquiry on Wednesday to investigate the incident, which has led to criticism of the women's treatment from both sides of the Causeway.

The committee, comprising officials from the police, prisons, immigration and detention centre departments, headed to Johor yesterday to start the probe. Mr Alias told the Nanyang Siang Pau newspaper the committee has been instructed to complete the task in five days, then submit a report to the Immigration Department. He said it would summon the two Singaporean women if necessary.

He stressed that their detention was legal as they had broken Malaysia's Immigration Act and did not pass through the biometric fingerprint checks.

I think no matter how suspicious those women looked if they can't find any evidence of them carrying drugs or illegal things into the country, they should not be treated with such hostilities. Not even the part about crossing the border at such wee hours.

And also if they are suspected for carrying drugs in their body, how come they don't have any scanner to scan them?

Very suspicious neh!

Last edited:

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come Jul 1 the KTM will move it station to Woodland. May I know where is the exact location? Anyone knows?

I heard that you can get KTM ticket at half price if you get in malaysia instead of Singapore. But not at the station at the custom. May I know that if I buy the tickets at the kempas train station, any discount for that?

The woodlands train station will be at the current location where it let people drop off to go through the Singapore customs??

just that it now lets people get on the train from there instead, no?

Yes, once inside Malaysia, you can get tickets at same price as Singapore, just that its in RM. e.g Singapore - Kulai $5, Kulai - Singapore RM5

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
DIM SUM at Horizon Hills soon!!!

IMG_2596.jpg

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
The woodlands train station will be at the current location where it let people drop off to go through the Singapore customs??

just that it now lets people get on the train from there instead, no?

Yes, once inside Malaysia, you can get tickets at same price as Singapore, just that its in RM. e.g Singapore - Kulai $5, Kulai - Singapore RM5

But then since they have already moved there, what is the point of building another place for it to come back into to the island just to be intergrated to the MRT? Shouldn't it be the MRT being build to go in to JB instead?

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
But then since they have already moved there, what is the point of building another place for it to come back into to the island just to be intergrated to the MRT? Shouldn't it be the MRT being build to go in to JB instead?

the MRT station and link to JB cannot be completed so soon mah... earliest 2018.

so now, Singapore wants the track in Singapore and Train station land back, so exchange those with 6 parcels of land (4 near marina bay sands, 2 near to Concourse), and let the train stop at woodlands customs there, let singaporeans get on the train and chop passport.

I think both the singapore and malaysia customs will be at the same location, else, it will be like malaysia customs chop passport on the train.

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok, confirm... both the Singapore check point and the malaysia CIQ will be located at the same location in Woodlands, where the train currently stops.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
the MRT station and link to JB cannot be completed so soon mah... earliest 2018.

so now, Singapore wants the track in Singapore and Train station land back, so exchange those with 6 parcels of land (4 near marina bay sands, 2 near to Concourse), and let the train stop at woodlands customs there, let singaporeans get on the train and chop passport.

I think both the singapore and malaysia customs will be at the same location, else, it will be like malaysia customs chop passport on the train.

So if link to JB is completed at 2018, and they annouced that KTM link to MRT to complete at 2018, then not right leh...

What I mean is that if link for KTM to MRT is completed by 2018, then the link for MRT to go into JB should start to be contructed from 2018 onwards and to be completed at don't know what date already. Don't know if I can live long enough to see it too.... :(

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
So if link to JB is completed at 2018, and they annouced that KTM link to MRT to complete at 2018, then not right leh...

What I mean is that if link for KTM to MRT is completed by 2018, then the link for MRT to go into JB should start to be contructed from 2018 onwards and to be completed at don't know what date already. Don't know if I can live long enough to see it too.... :(

nono....

in 2018, the MRT will depart from woodlands (near Republic Poly) to JB. you will see Singapore immigration there by then I guess (since its going to be a 40 hectare area)
At the same time, KTM train will no longer be coming into Singapore at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.