• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
damn, still happen ? was unsure whether to go to my wkend hse, but to get stuck for more than 2 hrs is just too much for me. when is this going to be over ?

wah, at the rate they are going, I think never lor...

According to the staff at immigration, for fingerprinting:
MACS users need to do once (regardless of Nationality)
Singaporeans need to do once only
Other Nationalities need to do it EVERYTIME

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually if u are like me, u can plan the time to avoid the jams.. for 2nd link, 11pm-6am is safest.

kids cannot take it lah... :-(

Actually I left house at 7:15 and reach Woodlands about 7:30.... already stuck in a jam near to TECH on BKE... then wife tell me forget her mum's re-entry permit...

Drive all the way home, then reach Tuas at about 8.... went across the bridge and (#(*$__#*% jam starts

passed immigration about 12:45... reached Bukit Indah about 1pm...

wah laoz... I could have reached Cameron Highlands liao leh!

kashly

Dear All,
I'm new to this forum. Nice knowing you guys!

Currently, at Horizon hills, the Hills precinct its selling at RM750K. Too exp for me as an avg wage earner.

Any recommendation for a nice ppty for JB for less than RM600K? Any opinions on D'esplande, horizon residences, fairways or other good ppty?
Many thanks.

Cheers!

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
This weekend is expected to be as bad especially from Singapore to Malaysia because of Malaysia school holidays ending Sunday.

Thought I will be smart . Reached Tuas Checkpoint at 520am and was shocked by the jam there. But being Singapore, it cleared pretty fast but the build up so early was scary.... it translated to JB side taking a while to clear at the time of the morning. Yes double finger printing was happening. It is really futile effort. Better to spend the money and resources to monitor the coast for illegal migrants or boosting the Iskandar police force...

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which is what I suspect led some of us here to draw the explanatory race card which in turn drew ire from forumers like batok seri (if i remember correctly). If I may play the same card again, I say bring in the Chinese and their capitalist communism! They are just as corrupted in the governance as we've seen in the past but when they put their mind into it, they at least brought us the 2008 summer Olympics...

Hi brother euphony, lets diffuse the red card.
The public servants in Malaysia are paid poorly and Malays make up the largest race in the service, it removes the inclinations for productivity and attraction of talent. Thankfully there are some good leaders out there like Najib who is promoting Iskandar. Lets hope the right team follows thru on execution.

(The Chinese are a diff story for another forum. By the way did you see the news that the Chinese people are now the no.1 foreign purchasers of Singapore properties, displacing the Malaysians and Indonesians for the first time! I wonder if they will one day be the biggest FT pool in Singapore < hope not. ang mohs easier to bs as they are so naive:smile:

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Took a long time to figure where to do dinner.

suggested the austin area recomnended by toyohon.

However wifey not keen to explore new areas as is her wont.

Finally compromise worked out. Headed to O'Reallys at Taman Molek.

For draught lovers they have kilkenny, tiger, strongbow and guiness if i remember correctly.

They have a band of 3 that plays every Fri, Sat n Sun.

They sing well in my humble opinion.

The crowd somewhat mixed la. . . Not uniform like the spore scene

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to the LC AGM today for HH, maybe my haircut didn't help. First thing when i met up with folks there going in for the event, their questions:

1. Where is your father?
2. Are you representing him?
3. Are you really a member?

Funny, suffered so many years and then working 2-3 jobs and finally doing ok. The moment you are doing ok, people give you problems. They ignore you or say behind your back, that guy is here because of his family. Its impossible for someone so young to be here.

Hi Bro Wuqi,

LC is Local Council? Just wondering if it works like in Singapore private properties residents management committee where they get to decide how to allocate the management fee?

I have a quick story to share on the second matter. One day I was at the office lobby and happens my Australian staff (55 yrs old) arrived in a taxi . The cleaner lady said "ni de lao ban lai le". I said I was the guy's lao ban. She just laughed as though I was joking. Thing is because he looks older (fact is I am and do look much younger) and I am not ang moh, certain people have the auto assumption that the ang moh must be the boss. Sad. Those who make assumptions on appearance are those we have to take pity on...

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Listen to mum its worthwhile.

1. U listen to her she happy

2. U believe or not in ghost festival still. . . A good idea to listen to mum

was at LF today bringing my friends to check out my new place as well as development. Whilst trying to find ways to pass the time waiting for my friends, I chatted up this interesting neighbor. He is PRC chinese working in SG bought a place in LF. Not discriminating or anything, but I think this is the next frontier who'd drive up demand for JB housing. The FTs in SG looking for alternatives in JB. So Sgporeans who come in late in the 'game' will lose out to FTs in SG and JB! Talk about totally screwed...

Anyway more interestingly he was describing frequent visitors like a family of squirrels and skunks and even wild pigs etc in his orchard besides the iguana etc it sounded like a little zoo! I think this is what JB living is all about, us getting in tune with nature be it her animals or plants. Urrgh I really can't wait to shift in to LF. Though as per customary practice no shifting till after ghost festival. I don't care really but mum was adamant.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without meanin offence to anyone

uppin the ante is far off. . . . . For starters they need to get their house in order

hu hu

sigh have to gripe here. i wonder what is the MY immigrations thinking, reflecting on the chaos of this week past. the biometric thing is a total failure (who does 2 INDEX fingers anyway?!!). instead of working towards closer ties and traffic communication MY is alienating the link every opportunity they get. Its like fruits being served on a platter and they prefer to flop it over and pick up the scraps on the floor.

Look at China/HK, EU, USA/Canada...

And I wonder when will Johor as a state be ready to pull up its socks and up the ante. It knows it has the Iskandar project, its a crucial one opportunity to show the rest of MY, indeed SG and the world what Johor can be. And it really is going to rely on SG being one of the biggest supporter both in monetary as well as the masses in technical expertise as well as consumption. Yet it makes no real effort to enhance the traffic communication infighting over the smallest detail like building a crooked or straight bridge. Just build the damn thing already!

Which is what I suspect led some of us here to draw the explanatory race card which in turn drew ire from forumers like batok seri (if i remember correctly). If I may play the same card again, I say bring in the Chinese and their capitalist communism! They are just as corrupted in the governance as we've seen in the past but when they put their mind into it, they at least brought us the 2008 summer Olympics...

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro Wuqi,

LC is Local Council? Just wondering if it works like in Singapore private properties residents management committee where they get to decide how to allocate the management fee?

I have a quick story to share on the second matter. One day I was at the office lobby and happens my Australian staff (55 yrs old) arrived in a taxi . The cleaner lady said "ni de lao ban lai le". I said I was the guy's lao ban. She just laughed as though I was joking. Thing is because he looks older (fact is I am and do look much younger) and I am not ang moh, certain people have the auto assumption that the ang moh must be the boss. Sad. Those who make assumptions on appearance are those we have to take pity on...

Ever met a young qualified TCM Singaporean doctor who told me the same thing. Patients always assume older TCM practitioner, especially those from PRC to be better qualified and more experienced in TCM. Actually there are many PRC TCM practitioner who studied TCM only after they come to Singapore (in Chung Hwa TCM hospital, the one in Toa Payoh). So they may be older but not more qualified or more experienced than someone younger who studied in the same place.

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
If possible get ur kids to be hardy bro.

I tell my kids that they are expected to wake up n leave any time.

Even they fall asleep in car i pre-warn them not to throw tantrums when destination is reached.

Btw what happened to ur mil also happened to my mum.

10 days ago my mum returned after a 15 day oversea trip.

She forgot to hand over her passport to my wife.

We drove down from our home and while offerin our passports at spore immigration i realised that my mums passport was missing.

That was when my mum remembered that her passport was in the other travel suitcase.

Had to then go over to the office register the issue then drive back home pick up passport n u turn again.

Lots of time wastef

kids cannot take it lah... :-(

Actually I left house at 7:15 and reach Woodlands about 7:30.... already stuck in a jam near to TECH on BKE... then wife tell me forget her mum's re-entry permit...

Drive all the way home, then reach Tuas at about 8.... went across the bridge and (#(*$__#*% jam starts

passed immigration about 12:45... reached Bukit Indah about 1pm...

wah laoz... I could have reached Cameron Highlands liao leh!

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to the LC AGM today for HH, maybe my haircut didn't help. First thing when i met up with folks there going in for the event, their questions:

1. Where is your father?
2. Are you representing him?
3. Are you really a member?

Sorry for this rant, need to get it out of my system, after this i am fine as i try not to let people like that bother me. :smile:

Hi Wuqi..
Good to let out some pent up"pressure" from time to time..
However like what Oasis say, "dont look back in anger".. look forward to the future & what adventures it holds..

Humility is one of the most under-rated virtues...

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
And the worst is when the newbies repeatedly ask the same questions.
There is so much info here. One must patiently read it not ask the same questions over n over again.
Wuqi i admire ur patience in replying their questions in detail.
I know i have run afoul myself on this score a couple of times

Bro, the search query is not too helpful.. i also had problems looking for past post on specific discussion..
Even had to resort to extract the data manually as screen shots.. haha

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
that is my slumber time,mid-night owl not for me , am hoping jam is just school holiday event like the past but now worsen by e new tech biometric. already missed my pl for two wkends . sigh.

This was the timing for my trip of petrol top up some yrs back.. haha..

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
This weekend is expected to be as bad especially from Singapore to Malaysia because of Malaysia school holidays ending Sunday.

Thought I will be smart . Reached Tuas Checkpoint at 520am and was shocked by the jam there. But being Singapore, it cleared pretty fast but the build up so early was scary.... it translated to JB side taking a while to clear at the time of the morning. Yes double finger printing was happening. It is really futile effort. Better to spend the money and resources to monitor the coast for illegal migrants or boosting the Iskandar police force...

Though the queue may seem short at the before 6 am, prob is there are less counters open on both Sg & My customs so abit more waiting time..
experience from petrol topping up dayz

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
(The Chinese are a diff story for another forum. By the way did you see the news that the Chinese people are now the no.1 foreign purchasers of Singapore properties, displacing the Malaysians and Indonesians for the first time! I wonder if they will one day be the biggest FT pool in Singapore < hope not. ang mohs easier to bs as they are so naive:smile:

they are already no? i've heard plenty of cases where they come here and bought properties in hard cash and without need to negotiate...

Status
Not open for further replies.