• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Break-in @ horizon hills

Agreed bro.

I still believe HH security is the best. It cant get any better.

Grilles definitely spoil the look.

The beautiful houses remain beautiful without the grilles.

Actually 2 of my houses here i don't intend to put grilles in, they have not been grilled up so far and my tenants are pretty happy. Same for my other friends who also have a few houses here. In fact, i regretted grilling up my place at all as it looks unsightly.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed the criminals these days are generally Indonesians.

Quite deftful at handling pockets.

Very sorry that you were put through this bad time, Raffles Harimau. Wondering if you speak Malay/Indonesian. The four times we had problems with break-ins [one was a thwarted attempt] all the robbers/thieves were Indonesian. There is a difference in the lingo which can be detected if you are familiar with the languages. Of course there are criminals in Johor of all stripes, but wondering if they could have in fact been Indonesians.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just doing a survey. How many of you have just have window grilles for your house with no security alarms and security camera? Someone advise me that I had to at least have window grilles plus security alarms system. Any opinion on that?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good quality grilles is sufficient Cathy.

I dun think you really need the security alarms and Cameras

Just doing a survey. How many of you have just have window grilles for your house with no security alarms and security camera? Someone advise me that I had to at least have window grilles plus security alarms system. Any opinion on that?

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
My landlord has grilles and a security system in place (no camera though). I think it is not necessary especially if you are on good terms with your neighbours as they will help to 'jaga' the place when you are not around :smile:

InformedHH

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Break-in @ horizon hills

So where is your forum?:mad::mad:

I could not find it.

Are you another sales man who wants to ride on the coattails of Wuqi?

Listen! We dun need advertisements here if you are a salesman.

Greetings everyone. Long time reader, first time poster here.

I've spent many hours combing through this thread and the information gleaned here have proven very useful indeed. Many thanks to wuqi256 for setting the ball rolling and for his tireless updates. Contributions from other forumers have also been equally invaluable.

For those who are interested, I've set up a forum with a decidedly East Ledang slant and can be found at http://www.eastledang.com. Do come and join us.

Have a great evening everyone.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I moved in to Setia Tropika on Sunday. Reach there at night. We reach there about 9pm. Tired and hungry. There wasn't any aircon and so we got biten by mosquitos all over. The mosquitos was really notorious. It gave dd a big bump on her eyes. :(

The second day my hubby installed the master bedroom aircon. Now all of us sleep together. Strange, how come with a king size and 2 single size mattress on the floor, there is still room for other things?:biggrin:

The frogs croaks really loudly at night. Can't sleep. Ds says the frog is mating!:biggrin: Then the grasshoper also looking for a mate too? :rolleyes:

We wake up at 5 am in the morning and be out of the house by 5.30am on Monday and today. Reach 1st link custom at 5.58am and reach the children's school at Tampines at about 6.40am. Will adjust the timing slowly. I wish the EDL can start faster so that I can wake up later.

Yesterday we spend the day unpacking our things. My hubby goes around installing the fan, tables, shelfs, open wardrobe pillars....The paintings are still not done yet. We will do it slowly when we have time. The curtains are still not done yet too. Will buy wardrobes when we gather more money.

Overall, it is a very tiring experience. Hubby said that he won't want to move house again. But I wonder will he forget about it after sometime, become greedy, and make up he mind to move again.:p

Last edited:

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

I feel u cannot take security for granted hence no matter how on the security sys are i will want to kno that i myself hv done my part in securing my hse. Even in spore i still use adt sys altho my hdb hse on 14 lvl.

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Singapore, I install grills to prevent my young children from falling over (I stay at 14 floor)...
In Malaysia, people are installing grills to prevent people from getting in.

In Singapore, I install camera to make sure my maid and MIL is ok.
In Malaysia, people install camera to make sure house is ok....

haha.. big difference...

For those who are using security camera, why not just get a cheap D-Link camera and let it store the clips onto a NAS or something?
all in, less than $1k still... I dunno about the price in Malaysia, but if taking the price in Singapore as a reference, going with ADT and all is not cheap wor

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
A bit too much la. Cause in Spore you can check out the huge bungalows.

Dun even have grilles.

Like my HDB the only way you can get in is through the main door which comes with a grille from HDB.

So grilles are not really essential for your HDB if your flat is well designed.

However for child safety thats another issue...

Hi

I feel u cannot take security for granted hence no matter how on the security sys are i will want to kno that i myself hv done my part in securing my hse. Even in spore i still use adt sys altho my hdb hse on 14 lvl.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aircon/no aircon mosquitoes will still be around if you do not close your doors/windows. Ha ha....

Ofcourse with aircon fewer....

Cathy ... Welcome to living amidst nature.....

You will find lots of interesting things happening....

1) You will find frogs croaking and mating
2) You will hear the crickets
3) you will see cute lil birds building nests in your homes especially if you have hanging lamps.
4) Ants of all shapes and sizes
5) the insects that are attracted to the lights/heat after the rain
6) Chameleons
7) Big frogs
8) Big lizzards and lizzard eggs as well
9) Rats
10) Cats
11) Dogs

The list goes on..

Welcome again to living amidst nature...

U will get used to the sounds....

There wasn't any aircon and so we got biten by mosquitos all over. The mosquitos was really notorious. It gave dd a big bump on her eyes. :(

The second day my hubby installed the master bedroom aircon. Now all of us sleep together. Strange, how come with a king size and 2 single size mattress on the floor, there is still room for other things?:biggrin:

The frogs croaks really loudly at night. Can't sleep. Ds says the frog is mating!:biggrin: Then the grasshoper also looking for a mate too? :rolleyes:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
the only thing that irritates me these days since i have gotten used to all the sounds is the security guards on motor bikes.

Worse they park their bikes behind my home and talk on their walkie talkie...

yikes cant sleep....

but good la.... my house secure that way..

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
cathy is veg?? oh good... if got good veg place to recommend in JB, do let me know!! my wife veg also!

Got one at Sutera Utama at those shop houses restarant. Its name is Vege Cafe. Specialty Nasi Lemak(not the normal ones) very good, chilli very nice. Bake rice also very nice. Also have vege bakeries inside. Nice cool environment. Thumbs up!

Got vegetarian buffet at certain time of the month. But don't know the exact date. You go check it up lah. Keep me inform ok?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.