• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi, actually if u ask seasoned owners, many turned a blind eye to it. Initially I turned a blind eye to the main gate, which is sub-standard and no better than those old terraces in Bukit Indah. Its all due to the security that I closed one eye. But when I bring my relatives, who have properties throughout Asia and Malaysia to view the house, their first strong reaction is:" What??! This kind of gate?? Buay sai lah!" RM 800K house they dare to give you this kind of gate?? "

When they got it, they like the space, but the quality of the doors, parquets, wall tiles cracks.. there are no hiding. They were disappointed and said only Singaporeans will buy it and not complain. Cos Sporeans come to Malaysia to look for houses which can guarantee them top security which is the #1 most important factor in looking for a house. But of course I have seen many Malaysians buy the house at RM 800K and spend another RM 300k to knock off the main gate and all the tiles.. cos they simply cannot make it.

Actually some of us dislike the design but overall, still prefer here. True, the gate is really cheap type, when i last asked them about it they claim that they did a survey in the very beginning asking for owners feedback, how likely they will change the fittings, etc. I guess they assumed people will just change it themselves, still you are right, for the amount of money paid, people do tend to expect more. Some may prefer spending 10-200k to improve the house and do renovation. Some will just buy comparable developments like EL and just pay few hundred thousand more per unit to get more quality in the doors, etc.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
HH are good in their tight security and golf view but quality not so excellent. The owner knows better.. (I am not HH owner)
Agree, the design could also have ben done better. I have neighbours who have 2,4, 5 and 7 units here. All love it here but agree that the architect should not be used again.

nusajayaphile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Welcome, EL is still the best in terms of quality, in terms of immediate proximity though, i would still pick HH. 700k???
Sounds like its for a cluster as The Golf has appreciated quite a bit there.If just for 50k difference, i would pick the one with a view of the golf course. It sounds ok to me if its a cluster as the last time we went there, did not find any selling below 800k as i had a couple of friends who called. Maybe they haven't put up posters yet.

Investment or for own stay? Big family or small family with no kids.
To buy and rent out or to hold and sell later.
Proximity to schools/shopping?

These are questions that you yourself will know best. You can go for one of the condo units but i personally would pick clusters or terraces if you wish to invest as they are relatively safer (IMHO) long term wise in terms of maintenance at least. Do check to ensure that your unit isn't a bumi or the development is not on some agricultural,reserved land or commercial land. It will be best if its sitting on international/freehold lot

Hi Wuqi

Thanks so much for your valuable comments, advice and insight, especially about the bumilot and agri land.

It's a purchase with a dual purpose. Purely for investment right now, and then to occupy it in retirement, say in another 12 years' time. Mine is a small family with no kids. I intend to rent out first, so was thinking EL might appeal more to tenants because of the superior quality, and once Medini, Edu City, Legoland and Puteri Harbour are up, there might be good tenant demand.

Going to view a Phase V EL link duplex this weekend, asking RM770K, partly furnished. 30x70 land and 3,000 bulit-up. Is this too high a price? Can fetch RM3,800 rent, the agent said.

Just checked with the agent about the cluster semi-d with the golf course view in HH, and yes, for now there's a view, but it's going to be blocked, once the new semi-ds costing RM1.4 million are built.

nusajayaphile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I am not sure if your cluster could be facing golf views and waters now and when they finished construction of the semi-ds, will your cluster view be blocked? You have to think about it cos i think now in the golf some clusters or terraces are able to see golf view but when the real golf facing million dollar semi ds are completed next year, it will block the view for sure

Thanks for your advice, Horizon Hills. You are so right.

Just checked with the agent about the cluster semi-d with the golf view, and yes, for now there's a view, but it's going to be blocked, once the new semi-ds costing RM1.4 million are built.

Going to view a link duplex in EL instead, this weekend. Asking RM770K, partly furnished. Phase V 30x70 and 3,000 built-up. Expensive?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great. I pump RM 70 every 2 days. About RM 2000 a month on expenses in petrol and tolls. Mind you, mine is a fuel-efficient car which drinks about 1 litre for every 11.5-13km

Errr... how come so much huh... petrol about RM800 - 900 per month, tolls for 22 days should be RM700... at most RM1600 per month wad?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
block by new housing ? That is real dirty tactic , when it was sold earlier for the view and now it is taking away !

The HH sales guy was saying it's the outside agent who didn't inform the buyer of resale units that there'll be new house built that blocked the view.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Previously i complaint about high water bill. After consciously monitoring for a month and ensuring no wastage... my water bill for last month was $13+ !!! I think my steady state usage is about RM40 per month and you should achieve that quite easily too.

Another experience is aircon service using BH Aircon at the recommendation of forum bros. It cost RM 220. This is a 2.5 Hp aircon, runs 20 hours a day for 2 years and never cleaned before. They had to dismantle the whole aircon and compressor, bring it down to wash it. Topped up some gas, not sure why the pressure reading was just 30+... should be 60+ at least.

Job well done, aircon cold again. Would recommend forum bros, this family business is quite decent.

kaeel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys, anyone commuting from Nusa Idaman to SG daily? The Traffic is really bad, finding it very hard nowadays. Anyone can share some ideas and tips on how to survive this? I have a property in Nusa Idaman 2.5 Semi D, heliconia

YoyoC

hi everyone,

I am newbie here. Thanks a lot as i really amazed by all the useful info that posted here.

Just wonder anyone staying in HH/NI/BI travel to sg daily, interested for a carpool? I am passenger looking for driver. If yes, please PM to me.

Thank you.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Lemans2011

Can you please share contact info and address of BH aircon. Appreciate it.
May I ask what your electric bill is for a month if you don't mind sharing? Thanks.
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Previously i complaint about high water bill. After consciously monitoring for a month and ensuring no wastage... my water bill for last month was $13+ !!! I think my steady state usage is about RM40 per month and you should achieve that quite easily too.

Another experience is aircon service using BH Aircon at the recommendation of forum bros. It cost RM 220. This is a 2.5 Hp aircon, runs 20 hours a day for 2 years and never cleaned before. They had to dismantle the whole aircon and compressor, bring it down to wash it. Topped up some gas, not sure why the pressure reading was just 30+... should be 60+ at least.

Job well done, aircon cold again. Would recommend forum bros, this family business is quite decent.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Grago,

BH Air-cond & Engineering Sdn Bhd
No 20 Jln Indah 1, Taman Bkt Indah
81200 JB
Loh Choon Hock
6019-7783118
607-2378303

My electric bills about RM250 per month

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys, anyone commuting from Nusa Idaman to SG daily? The Traffic is really bad, finding it very hard nowadays. Anyone can share some ideas and tips on how to survive this? I have a property in Nusa Idaman 2.5 Semi D, heliconia

You mean 2nd link customs? I normally find it quite ok, this morning was bad as i was caught at 815am on SG side for about 10 minutes. Once in a blue moon i do meet crazy queues, but otherwise morning normally takes me 1hr to 1.15hr from NI to office near Changi Ind Park

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All,

I would like to know if I can go into (e.g. the Gateway in HH) to look at the units that are on sale on my own?

Will the guard let me in?

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Everyone,

If I buy from resale market, do I need to pay commission to Agent? They are behaving like Singapore Agent patent, "This is a co-broke unit" and he is not representing the seller, can anyone enlighten on their practice or rules on commission in Malaysia? Thanks

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's terrible, so spiteful huh...aiyah we only can buy above RM500k, how come they still think we jack up their housing prices?!
Because the developers can make more profit by setting the house price to RM500k so that foreigners and more Singaporeans are eligible to buy. And the concern is, most Singaporeans will think that it is cheap because it only cost SGD220k to them. if you put yourself in their shoes, that's what they Johoreans might think; even though it is the developer's decision to price it high.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,

Done the car servicing at the Michelin place. They charged RM255 for changing fully synthetic engine oil (Castrol), oil filter, wheel balancing and alignment. Is that a good price?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because the developers can make more profit by setting the house price to RM500k so that foreigners and more Singaporeans are eligible to buy. And the concern is, most Singaporeans will think that it is cheap because it only cost SGD220k to them. if you put yourself in their shoes, that's what they Johoreans might think; even though it is the developer's decision to price it high.

Yeah you're right, the developer has increased the price alot. But to be fair, not all the houses bought by Singaporeans leh, there is restriction of foreigner ratio to 1/3 or something like that. From what I observed, alot of demand is from Malaysians working in Singapore, who may or may not be from Johor but they definitely have the same spending power as Singaporeans! Visited the Horizon Residence condo and was told almost all bought by Malaysians working in Singapore, they're planning a daily shuttle bus to bring residents to the custom...

Most importantly, Singaporeans' status in JB are basically just tourists and investors only - we create jobs but don't take away any jobs or other benefits from them. Was at Jusco and saw a staff recruitment signboard and one of the requirement clearly stated is Malaysian Citizen only, can't help but feel a tinge of sadness as I don't think can ever see such a sign in Singapore asking for Singapore citizen only.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.