• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo... Cathy... Inside the house how to have cement ? Cannot lah

I talking about outside.

I live in Sengkang and they have not replaced the cement pavements here for the last 10 years. Is that not good enough? Even my void deck area they have not done any changes in the last 10 years. That is fantastic i would say.

Compare the high density of traffic on the pavements and void deck and i dun think its a waste of tax payers money. I think its money judiciously utilized.

Now the cracks that you have mentioned can occur for several reasons:
1) Shifting soil underneath
2) Area under cement render not compressed and packed tightly
3) Bad workmanship

The list goes on....

Now compared with cracks in cement render, popping up of tiles is worse isnt it?

Another thing i wanna share is that in the last 24 years my house (Touch wood) has no structural cracks, leakages, popping up of tiles, leaking pipes or cracks in cement render. (Old style construction techniques!)

The place you have mentioned is indoor if I'm not wrong. I am talking about outdoor carpouch? Btw, did your notice the town councils keep replacing the cement pavements with new ones? I thought its a waste of taxpayer's money. We also toyed with the idea of having our carpouch cement rendered, but then my hubby decided against it after he see the cracks on some of his customer's carpourch. Also if you visit the ST's terrace show houses, some of the cement rendered car pouch have began to crack. Go take a look.

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo... Cathy... Inside the house how to have cement ? Cannot lah

Caaaaan...! The house I grew up in, 1 living room, 1 bedroom rented ones in Henderson Road. All cement rendered from the wall to the floor to the toilet. Painted with chemicals to prolong its lifespan also. After some time all cracked and holes on the floor.....LOL!

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah ha... That is quality workmanship Spore Style.

Caaaaan...! The house I grew up in, 1 living room, 1 bedroom rented ones in Henderson Road. All cement rendered from the wall to the floor to the toilet. Painted with chemicals to prolong its lifespan also. After some time all cracked and holes on the floor.....LOL!

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
From birth till now i moved homes 3 times. All my homes nice finish (inside tiles/outside mix of cement/tiles). Till today no problem leh like the ones we face in Spore:
1) No leakage
2) No roof cracks/leaks/seepage
3) No leakage from the copper pipes
4) No cracks. Even aircracks bare minimum
5) No popping up of tiles
6) No spalling concrete
7) All stainless steel taps have lasted me for years. No corrossion of stainless steel/no need to repair/replace.
8) Spore my taps need to replace already (the ones provided by hdb).
9) Spore car parks floor leaks. Why? Toilet leaks why?

All cement rendered from the wall to the floor to the toilet. Painted with chemicals to prolong its lifespan also. After some time all cracked and holes on the floor.....LOL!

2bfree2b

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all, I am new in this forum. After following this thread for a period of time, I too am interested in moving in to JB. Been to HH to see the showflats for Fairway & Horizon Residences but havent bought any cos the completion dates are quite distant. Is it advisable to buy off the open market for the completed projects? Am only interested in condo developements becos I will be staying there. The upkeep of a landed property is too much for me. Thanks in advance for the advice.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow! You are really damn lucky manz!

I moved to HDB in Simei later and after sometime the tiles changed colour from bluish white to brownish yellow. The toilet sink support bracket by hdb rusted and was about to give way. The toilet ceiling cement flakeds off. Now my house also, the toilet pipes and ceilings turns mouldy and have to be painted with anti-fungus paint every 2 years. Luckily the marble flooring didn't give me any headache. But the study room buildin cabinet drop off the wall due to rain sippage years before that left water trapped behind it. Not to mention my plastered wall cracked from the wall to the floor.

Why are you so lucky? Or maybe you are not the one who does the work. Or maybe you happen to move house fast enough. LOL! :biggrin:

From birth till now i moved homes 3 times. All my homes nice finish (inside tiles/outside mix of cement/tiles). Till today no problem leh like the ones we face in Spore:
1) No leakage
6) No spalling concrete
7) All stainless steel taps have lasted me for years. No corrossion of stainless steel/no need to repair/replace.

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok the first home before i was born to 1977

The second home 1977-1987

The third home 1987-present.

Lucky yes. Why? Cause these homes are not in Spore. So spore hdb style methods of construction dun apply. He he...

No mould, no Fungus, no leakage, nothing rusts, no spalling concrete, no plaster falling off, superior quality of paints and varnishes. My wife is pure Singaporean. She has seen my home. She is surprised at the quality of workmanship overseas.

The copper pipes 23 + years still fine (Touch wood)

I got 2 overhead tanks direct on top of my roof. Have not maintained it in the last 23 years and does not leak either.

Not a single wall tile or floor tile has popped out.

No windows falling off either.

Now compare that with our HDB style construction!!

Here my taps corrode/toilet cistern breaks down now and then. My toilet leaks.... my neighbour comes up and requests to repair.... Toilet ceiling slightly mouldy....Hiya.... Spore .... sucks big time...

Wow! You are really damn lucky manz!

I moved to HDB in Simei later and after sometime the tiles changed colour from bluish white to brownish yellow. The toilet sink support bracket by hdb rusted and was about to give way. The toilet ceiling cement flakeds off. Now my house also, the toilet pipes and ceilings turns mouldy and have to be painted with anti-fungus paint every 2 years. Luckily the marble flooring didn't give me any headache. But the study room buildin cabinet drop off the wall due to rain sippage years before that left water trapped behind it. Not to mention my plastered wall cracked from the wall to the floor.

Why are you so lucky? Or maybe you are not the one who does the work. Or maybe you happen to move house fast enough. LOL! :biggrin:

1) No leakage
6) No spalling concrete

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I stayed at Henderson Road for about 6 months. I know the place reasonably well...

My goodness.... fights/screaming/drugs/murders/loan sharks.....

My wife hated me for forcing her to stay there for 6 months while we waited for our HDB in Sengkang.

What to do? Me no money la... So no choice i managed to get one HDB from a friend who had rented it from HDB.

But the good thing about Henderson was... quite central. So easy to go ORchard/nightspots/so many markets around for makan also

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yalor. Got molested during my secondary school days. Mental patients walking around. One of my neighbour commited suicide. Gambling dens at home. All the complicated people lah. I remember got one year all the lifts got burned during election time. Then all replaced by brand new ones. :biggrin:

But some neighbours really good. They look out for each others. They make cakes, kuehs, lapis and whatever before festive seasons and share with you. Hope that you buy some from them. :biggrin: My block was in between the 2 markets so very convenient.

I stayed at Henderson Road for about 6 months. I know the place reasonably well...

My goodness.... fights/screaming/drugs/murders/loan sharks.....

My wife hated me for forcing her to stay there for 6 months while we waited for our HDB in Sengkang.

What to do? Me no money la... So no choice i managed to get one HDB from a friend who had rented it from HDB.

But the good thing about Henderson was... quite central. So easy to go ORchard/nightspots/so many markets around for makan also

mika14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now assuming someones wife takes the bus to Spore from Bukit Indah there is the other issue of getting from the Taman you are staying in to the Bukit Indah Causeway bus terminal.

Now this need not just apply to NJ and Bukit Indah. Its also applicable to Kempas Utama, Setia Tropika, Mont Callista and so many other developments.

And this is one of the real issues i had mentioned earlier. Though i know several forummers may ride roughshod over me by suggesting that you can take a taxi.

Not everytime people can afford to take a taxi.

And what about those times when you wanna go to the mini mart or provisiion store?

Its still quite a distance that is definitely not walkable.

Maybe u can ride a small cub bike?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all, I am new in this forum. After following this thread for a period of time, I too am interested in moving in to JB. Been to HH to see the showflats for Fairway & Horizon Residences but havent bought any cos the completion dates are quite distant. Is it advisable to buy off the open market for the completed projects? Am only interested in condo developements becos I will be staying there. The upkeep of a landed property is too much for me. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Always remember to purchase only property with Certificate of Fitness for Occupation (CFO) otherwise title cannot be transferred

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros and sis here, my friend is looking for a child phyciatrist(don't know how to spell), her child is giving a lot of problems in school but KK have to wait very long queue. She suspect he might have ADHD. Outside private very expensive. Kindly post here is you have any contact please. Thank you in advance.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yalor. Got molested during my secondary school days. Mental patients walking around. One of my neighbour commited suicide. Gambling dens at home. All the complicated people lah. I remember got one year all the lifts got burned during election time. Then all replaced by brand new ones. :biggrin:

But some neighbours really good. They look out for each others. They make cakes, kuehs, lapis and whatever before festive seasons and share with you. Hope that you buy some from them. :biggrin: My block was in between the 2 markets so very convenient.

OMG, poor Cathy sis, did the police catch the molester?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
me also owns a unit. actually i prefer to get one at bukit indah. I am looking also for bumi lots for apartment at bukit indah. Not sure whether still have or not.

Looking also at the 5 storey shops at bukit indah by sp setia. Intend to buy using my bumi but no capital at the moment. Do you think the shop unit can get good returns in terms of rental?

5 storey shops? do they come with lift?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mustafa is my first choice when it comes to indian cooking ... never failed to find corriander or any other essential ingredients

looking forward now to the new Mydin supermarket to be opened at Anjung near EL/LH ... hopefully they'll also provide the same convenience like Mustafa

Indian cooking is foreign to me but sure looks like they've everything from spices to veg to basmati rice...

Mydin supermarket, may be they can open a Japanese supermarket since the LH land bought by Japanese investor...

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
eeks, such sicko around, hope your exam was not affected..

I grew up in this kind of place with complicated people also good lah. Nowadays people so spoilt little bit little bit cannot take it too stressed! Complain this complain that....I've been through a lot worse.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal

if looking near HH vicinity. only sky exec by setia and ujana by uem is the closest to completion. even that is promised at 2012 to 13. Best condo developments currently are molek pines and straits view for now which are closer to 1st link are already built that's where you want to be because its on everyone's wishlist. You don't want to go to one which is not exclusive enough (esp for own stay) and you'll get undesirable neighbors or degrading exterior facades because units don't pay up the maintenance etc.

I suggest getting the smallest terrace you can find. That's how I end up with bayou water village at leisure farm. Everything outside even the garden is maintained by the estates. Easy peasy. The built up is perfect for me well and my mum with perhaps an occasional visitor. Actually the built up is not exactly anywhere bigger than an equivalent 3 bedroom apartment. And the good thing is usually developments like these are comparatively low density (guess you should know since you're in HH) and you don't have to share car park with people denting your car doors etc. I guess buy apartments/condo units for rental returns especially areas targeting expats or non-local locals e.g. KLians sent to JB for work and don't bring their family down etc.

Anywayz hope you'll find your dream home in time to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.