• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Prof, you can tell as they are an authorized dealer, i changed all my tyres there and this is the most honest guy i can find. You can call the tyre distributor in Johore. Which brand did you buy? Michellin or Pirelli? You can call them and find out easily.

I lost tyre caps, he replaced them, when my rear light bulbs blew, he replaced them. One of the window motors on one of my cars died, he replaced it as well. All with no charge, of course this is because i send all my cars including my relatives one to him and i never asked for anything in return.

One of the most honest guys i can find. I even intro a friend to change oil, etc, he kept telling my friend don't change this, don't need to change that, etc.

I used to go to a shop very nearby to them, the main reason why i went to Michellin was to get a 2nd opinion. The first shop proposed 520 RM to change parts for my car to fix the problem. I went to this Michellin shop just to get a 2nd opinion as i thought it was only prudent.

I got quote 150 RM as he told me that one of the parts don't even need to be replaced )the more expensive one) and paid a grand total of $150 to fix the car. He was also the only one in the immediate area who had the devices to interface with the car computer and used it to diagnose my cars. Its been more than 8 months now, no problem so far. I even got it checked at my old mechanic in Sutera area, even they were impressed.

Btw, for bros here who need nitrogen in their tyres, there is a tyre shop near Sutera mall (the one that they say specializes in Honda cars) that has a nitrogen machine.

Hello Wuqi

I tried looking for your post that gives the location of the Michellin tyre shop. I think it is part of posts that were 'lost' during the transition to the new server. I would very much appreciate it if you could give the location/address of that Michellin tyre shop. Thank you.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Turn every threat into opportunity. Turn you fear of break-in into enriching your knowledge in exploring various options of home security. By the time you overcome your fear, you are an expert in home security set-ups :biggrin:

BalikKampung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All

I am new to the forum. Have been reading up from page 150 till the current page. Looks like i just have another 149 pages to go through haha.

Reason for coming to this thread is because I am having thoughts of staying in Nusajaya (NJ). Took me quite a long while to decipher the various shortforms used (ST,EL,HH,etc)

Well as you can see from my nick, i'm actually a Malaysian (SG PR) working and staying in Singapore. So I should not have issues such as no Malaysia Credit Card, daily limits of RM10k on bank account etc. However, I do have the same more major issues to overcome before I really decide to move to NJ and do the daily commute

In my opinion, it would be feasible for people who actually work in the Tuas or Jurong Island areas to stay in NJ as the daily commute might be nearer than someone who stays in Paris Ris. However, for someone who works in the CBD (raffles place); the daily car commute would cost quite a bit when including ERP and car park charges.

Does anyone here have practical experience on taking CW3 to Jurong East. How long is the journey and what time would i have to leave the house to get to Jurong East by around 820am?

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
After reading adda height incident, think grille is a must. Maybe ugly but for safely wise n peace of mind.

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
You need an export license from Singapore, and an import license from JB. Be careful about the date. I can't quite recall which licence comes first? With the licence you just drive through Tuas via the normal car lane.

To bring a dog back to SG, it will be subjected to the one month quarantine rule, plus a host of requirements in terms of vaccination.

Thanks Lesmans for the info! I would like to find out more details, plan to bring my handsome boys with me after my house is ready. Anyone can help??

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was trying to save on grilles recently as I found the secuity of HH to be top-notched. But after this incident i decided to install the grilles

Agreed, just to get a simple but good one. I decided to install for my house when it ready. If anyone has a nice grille design, please share!!

house

Alfrescian
Loyal
HH/EL are strict on their security ...
but to be fair.... NI also not bad. the committee had improved on the security.
compare with other area, NI is a nice place where u will find many residents walking around chatting in the evening.
its good that most of the unit are occupied and the numbers of locals there, not a lot of weekend house.
however, still need to be self alert as we travel outside of our home sweet home for groceries.....

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The right word may not be saving on grilles.

Spoiling the view may be more appropriate.

The houses are so nicely designed with beautiful windows and then you have the ugly grilles which make the beautiful home suddenly look like a prison.

Yeah using the grilles is the best option.

I was trying to save on grilles recently as I found the secuity of HH to be top-notched. But after this incident i decided to install the grilles

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes you are right. Any locality that has a far greater mix of locals is a fantastic place to stay IMHO.

It is much more safer than staying at a place that is mostly comprised of weekend homes.

Having said that i must also add that despite the above 2 factors HH still remains as one of the places with the best level of security.

HH/EL are strict on their security ...
but to be fair.... NI also not bad. the committee had improved on the security.
compare with other area, NI is a nice place where u will find many residents walking around chatting in the evening.
its good that most of the unit are occupied and the numbers of locals there, not a lot of weekend house.
however, still need to be self alert as we travel outside of our home sweet home for groceries.....

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote: Now there's another concern about my wife and my travel in/out of SG daily. Our plan is to travel in/out together... either one of us will need to make sacrifices in terms of waking earlier to go in together and staying back late to return to Nusajaya together. But last Thurs, she returned home at 4am because of quarter closing. And the next night, it was 11pm. Although this will be a rare issue, but we definitely need to find a way around this when it happens, for our safety and convenience... any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

This is something I have been contemplating for a long time. Definitely we can all save time and money with cooperation, and in an emergency it could be a real life saver.
Initially I thought of a roster/chart/postings where we could fill in the regular times we go in and out of Singapore. But there are many problems with this: dangers of too much information given on the net being the first. Then things happen like a sudden day off or a decision to go in or stay late that might put off the schedule for someone hoping for a lift and counting on the schedule being exactly as filled in.
While we are all mostly new to JB and genuinely building a community and integrating with Johorians in the best way, there may be others who will take advantage or just be a pain (who knows we are a pain to others?!).
Also, although rules work, I think we have had just about enough of rules: good will and common sense Should be the guide.
Certainly we should meet in small batches or singly, so beginnings can be made by Personal Introductions, which we means we can vouch for the person being introduced as at least not criminally minded.
Will be really glad of good ideas and some workable plan.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Simple one can be easily cut mate with a pair of pliers.

Analytical Professor is right, normal grilles can be cut easily. A knowledgeable Malaysian friend once told me that even iron grilles were being cut. He advised to install grilles from professional security company, because their grilles are specially design to prevent break-in from cutting or ripping and bending with crowbar. They use the right material which had gone thru stress test. Why install a normal grille which doesn't do the job of preventing break-in and put your family in danger of break-in by armed robbers?

Another thing is, never place your safety in the hands of security guards, not even the police. What I mean is that you Must do your own part to install all security features. Criminals look for the easiest target, so don't be one.

The Adda heights case clearly stated that the robbers' first target was his Singaporean neighbour's house but couldn't break the locks, thus changing their target to his house. He would definitely not be the victim that night if his house was fully secured with 'security' grilles and other home protection systems.

Don't be the easy target.

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yellow Horizon in Adda Height is a new precinct. With all the renovations going on and various contractors walking around, it is not surprising to have a break in. Things happen when a place is still new. Only whether it gets published or not.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Wuqi

I tried looking for your post that gives the location of the Michellin tyre shop. I think it is part of posts that were 'lost' during the transition to the new server. I would very much appreciate it if you could give the location/address of that Michellin tyre shop. Thank you.

On behalf of Wuqi. Go to Station1 Cafe at 33, Jalan Indah 16/6, Johor Bahru, 81200. See google map. Michellin tyre shop in yellow is at the corner , can see from cafe. Won't miss.

fairies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone ...

Talking about these security issues in neighbourhoods like HH, EL & NI ... I wonder what is the condition like currently @LH? I'll be moving in to one of the houses in LH, hopefully in couple of months time. Had previously read few old stories of house break-ins there, even mentioned in the ST article. But noticed also that a new perimeter fence has been erected, and with motion sensors, I was told. In the few times I was there inspecting the house I bought, I also noticed that the security officers made rounds of inspection on their motorbikes regularly.

I sort of feel safe, and would like to believe that I'm not wrong in my feeling. Nonetheless would still like to hear from my neighbours-would-be whether there have been recent cases in the vicinity.

Many thanks to all.

iamapseudoneem

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've been thinking about grills for windows since I have this impression that those imposing robust grills can be pretty ugly and lessen the beauty of the house design with those nice large windows. I'm wondering if we can install really strong thick glass for our windows/sliding doors and then layering it with film that won't tear easily (like those car windscreen films that hinder car theft that I saw commercials for awhile back - not sure if it's realistic or not).

Status
Not open for further replies.