• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
i hope through this forum we can help establish this enclave into a thriving and viable one that exists in harmony and safety with the locals. If the market forces continue to blow this way, in a decade's time, the existence of a community of thriving singaporeans in nusajaya will be common knowledge and something which will be well established and accepted. i hope, and we'll see.

I support that view fully. Would like to see Nusajaya an outlets for those who find sg too stressful and expensive. However, I hope to see a thriving mix of citizens and not just singaporean, I believe a balance is good on a long term.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Singapore we often see flyers on aircon services etc and it appears in the newspaper, everywhere. In Malaysia, they dont care about regular servicing unless got serious problems. At most they remove the net and wash themselves, thats all. Singaporeans are crazy over aircon services..But I got one friend doing aircon installation in Singapore.. Panasonic is about S$600 per piece inclusive of installation. PM me if u guys are keen as its quite cheap compared to Gain City or Courts etc. ( which charges about S$800 per panasonic aircon installation )
In Malaysia, most people don't service their aircond regularly. My house in Ipoh and my wife's place in Subang Jaya; we only called the AC contractor when the aircond was no longer cold after 3 years. These ACs dont require regular 3 mths servicing... if you want, once a year should be fine... unless you're a heavy user; like switch on every single day for 8 hours plus

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Contra,

Yes there are a lot of folks now into this, one of my learned friends went to their office (HH) today and there were so many people. Another neighbour even put down deposit for a few units (above 500k types) Quite a few of those buying
are locals. As for renovation, it will take a while but typically do your renovation only after the defect rectification. Always check your manhole before letting the renovation guys start their work and check to see if your pipes has any protective tapes that were not removed. If possible, don't install any outdoor antenna, use instead those Giant or Tesco brand ones that cost less than 10 RM and works just fine (albeit you need to get one for each tv) = This is still cheaper than installing an outdoor one plus gives you less trouble later for your roof tiles. As for water heaters, do try to get the ones with pump built in especially for the toilets on the 2nd or 3rd floor.

Bro wuqi, when you say manhole, are you refering to the one outside typically found at the yard area? What protective tapes are not removed? Any reason for not installing the roof antenna other than the roof tiles being broken accidentally by the contractor? Because in Malaysia, there isn't any cable into the house, which is why everyone uses a roof antenna for landed houses. Thanks.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
While at Eminent Reflexology during a 1.5 hour session on Saturday there was a friendly lady who sat next to me, a Singaporean and started to chit chat with me.

She thought i was a local. She told me she bought a property at Bukit Indah 10 years ago for 270 k (quite an expensive price for those days) and she had just sold it.

I congratulated her and asked her how much she made. She was downcast and said that she could not make any money. In fact she lost money and sold the house at 240k only.

I thought that Bukit Indah was a good location and quite in demand now. So according to that logic she should have made quite a good sum of money.

But she did not.

She lost.

Why?

I dun understand..

RM270k is very expensive for a house 10 yrs ago; she might have bought it during a economic boom. Could be she lost money on it because of newer, more secure developments nearby like HH & NI. and she should have held on to the house; maybe can rent out. If she holds for another 5-10 years, there's a chance she could have sold it for more than RM300k... of course all this will depend on her house location. Maybe the location is bad!

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does it mean that our property will also suffer the same fate too?

PS:Just for pure discussion. Not implying anything.

I seriously doubt it because HH location is better than Bkt Indah. Also, because of the gated & guarded concept; it will definitely attract a lot of SGeans over in the near future and beyond, more so when property prices shoots up higher in SG.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi. My interest in living in JB and working in Singapore was really piqued after reading the article on the Straits Times yesterday. Is the price of units too high now to enter the market in HH or East Ledang now? I am a doctor working and living in Singapore now. Really looking into crossing the strait to live across the border. Thanks.

It's high, but not too high to prevent Singaporeans from buying. Drive over to have a look at HH and you'll fall in love with the developments there. A double-storey intermediate freehold house cost upwards of RM650k only

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
I want to move in to my house in jb to enjoy a better quality of living, make my money stretch longer and to get income from my current hdb. I also intend to use another unit in jb as a kind of piggybank to collect rental as a retirement fund. To me, capital appreciation is a bonus but not an aboslute necessity. Most important thing is to built a sustainable monthly income, so that me and my husband can really retire and enjoy life for good.

I recommand those intending to invest in property to read Robert Kyosaki and Kim Kyosaki's series of books. Especially Rich Dad, Poor Dad.
PS:I don't have anything to gain from this.

Thanks Cathy. There is also another author by the name of Milan Doshi; a Singaporean staying in KL who made his money investing in properties and the stock market in Malaysia. He runs a few seminars in a year and has written a few books on property investment in Malaysia. Another Msian guy, Azizi Ali who is a pilot is also a property investor doing the same thing... made his money in properties and publishing. There's a wealth of local info available for the property market in MY, where investors typically expect a ROI of more than 6% for rental income.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Cathy with regards to Setia .... where are you buying your second unit? At Setia Tropika also? or elsewhere?

Sorry to kaypoh. If its ok with you let me know... else i am fine by it.

Another question.... "how did they accomodate and tailor your earnings to qualify for the home loan?"

Sorry being kaypoh again.

Please advise

Their banks are faster then the rest with comparable interest rate and most willing to accomodate and tailor my kind of earnings so that I qualify for their home loan. How's that for comparison?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wife and I thought exactly like you on this issue. We were very keen to buy into a development which had a very good mix of locals and foreigners apart from other reasons.

However, I hope to see a thriving mix of citizens and not just singaporean, I believe a balance is good on a long term.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I'm not sure how much they are asking now. The last time I put a deposit of RM$200 before applying for the bank loan was around this's years Chinese New Year time for the last international unit of Corranday Escher. Then when Dato Onn stubborn held on to my RM$3000 deposit of a semi-d even when they already know that I would not qualify for their bank loan, Setia's bank went on to negotiate posibilities with my husband processed my loans very fast. And did all the paperworks in the sales office.

What I am trying to say here is that not only comparing of prices is enough. When the market is on an uptrend, when you see the house is cheap but then run into problems with loan approvals, and another is a bit more expensive maybe by a couple tens of thousands but loan is approved for you, how do you decide?

Thanks Cathylmg, it will depend, if the other (which is approved) is slightly bigger, i will go for it. Another way is to find another bank for the house which you really want, it has to be what you really want.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bros(especially those who did NS),

I still remembered one of my profs actually told me this, never analyse too much.

If you find it worth your while and did your math, go in with your eyes open and don't look back, aangsc, prof, cathylmg and lots more including RafflesTiger all went in.

All survived.

My professor on law taught this:
Do consider and analyze but not too much, so much so you become paralyzed.

My lecturer on marketing taught this:
Never give too many choices to your customers lest they get confused and go elsewhere where choices are easier to make

My strategic management guru:
When you keep looking down for too long, you are likely to hit a lamp post.

In the same vein though, don't go extinct by instinct, check especially before signing the dotted line. :smile:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analysis_paralysis

The term "analysis paralysis" or "paralysis of analysis" refers to over-analyzing (or over-thinking) a situation, so that a decision or action is never taken, in effect paralyzing the outcome. A decision can be treated as over-complicated, with too many detailed options, so that a choice is never made, rather than try something and change if a major problem arises. A person might be seeking the optimal or "perfect" solution upfront, and fear making any decision which could lead to erroneous results, when on the way to a better solution.

The phrase describes a situation where the opportunity cost of decision analysis exceeds the benefits that could be gained by enacting some decision, or an informal or non-deterministic situation where the sheer quantity of analysis overwhelms the decision-making process itself, thus preventing a decision. The phrase applies to any situation where analysis may be applied to help make a decision and may be a dysfunctional element of organizational behavior. This is often phrased as paralysis by analysis, in contrast to extinct by instinct (making a fatal decision based on hasty judgment or a gut-reaction).

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Btw, for guys who are stuck with bank loans that you may not want to continue on, do look at the date when you can refinance,most banks do but some financing plans from certain banks don't have a fixed lock in period. Do check with more banks as i heard recently they are easing up on their stringent rules.

Remembered one time, a public bank teller actually pushed my deposit and passport over the counter onto the floor(trust me, i get that a lot) as soon as she saw my passport.

Now, things are so different.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Wuqi. I seriously need to find a place that sells nice fresh and cheap local pork.

Salivating already:biggrin:

Pork you can get at Bestmart, i think Kipmart is halal if i am not mistaken. There is also a wet market that is near the Carrefour (near to) Tebrau city. Perling also has a wet market that is quite cheap.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure, Perling sells pork and sometimes............

Just sometimes.......

You get "wild pork", it gets sold out fast, watch out for a blue pickup.
You know it when you see people crowding around and then shortly
later, its gone. :wink:

Bro Wuqi, you are a walking encyclopedia...... When does the Blue pickup appear.......

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I try to share what i see but compared to some of the bros here, its still very little.
It comes on the special day of the week when man should rest. Also, it comes either
very early (9am) or before noon.

It doesn't come so often these days likely to due to poorer aim, ahem sorry for using
the wrong choice of words, its definitely due to poorer catch.

There are lots of places that sell them but those who like it (wild boar curry rice) can go here:
http://sg.openrice.com/johorbahru/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=18788

Speaking of which, went "accidentally" through the new highway just now, this is steady
man, drove for 7 minutes as the highway is really almost done.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
By the way, bros who need to "chiong" will be pleased to know that there are many aplenty along Nusa Bestari side.

Just need to be more observant as my learned friends here found out recently.

By the way, there is an office furniture shop near the Ali cafe, sells nice chairs, especially there is one type that is quite good, only at 99 RM. Used more than 1.5 years, still going strong.

Also, for pets, you can get pet dogs, etc at Nusa Bestari, near Ah Khoon, the place to go to for fishball and noodles, etc.
Their pet dogs are cheaper than in SG, you can get goldies cheaper too but you need to apply to bring in to SG.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi and fellow investors,

I have to show my appreciation by saying thank you. all your contributions are really very encouraging towards what i believe in too. I have met many resistances from my friends and even until now...But thanks to all your contributions, i have started to take a big step forward.

I am interested in getting a house but apparently HH, EL, Setia are not launching any new landed phases until June, so i was thinking of getting a Venus in Bukit Indah or a resale in HH.

I wanted to seek some advices from all the masters if i am buying resale. 1) Any recommended banks that i should go first since i am a singaporean and dun have any bank accounts yet in Malaysia. 2) if i decided to buy a resale, how much deposits should i pay? 3)What's the stamp duty and any other significant fees that i need to prepare? My cash on hand isnt that significant.

Thanks in advance. you guys are the amazing!

Hi gregorian, you can also check out Nusa Idaman's semi-d with a built-up from 3100sqft and bigger and the price of RM688k and above. It's a 2.5 storey concept and is well above the RM500k minimum limit for foreigners to buy. The project is also in a G&G area and these are new units that you buy direct from the developer. So far, it seems that Standard Chartered's packages are good; I got mine from them at BLR-2.3% for the first 3 years and BLR-2.35% for the subsequent years. If you buy from the developer, they MIGHT have deals where they will pay for all legal fees, etc. As the buyer, you only need to pay the downpayment. Have a look at Nusa Idaman's sales office; the project is under UEM Land, a big property player in Malaysia and owner of most of the land in Nusajaya.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Malaysia, most people don't service their aircond regularly. My house in Ipoh and my wife's place in Subang Jaya; we only called the AC contractor when the aircond was no longer cold after 3 years. These ACs dont require regular 3 mths servicing... if you want, once a year should be fine... unless you're a heavy user; like switch on every single day for 8 hours plus

That is exactly the issue i am facing. I have only one 2.5hp aircon and it is turned on 20 hours a day. In less than 2 years the starter kaput had to replace. Now my aircon cannot reach the desired temp although it is still cold. Will try this BH Aircon recommended by bros.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I got mine from them at BLR-2.3% for the first 3 years and BLR-2.35% for the subsequent years.

Is it the Flexi-loan type whereby you can do pre-payment of any amount even during the lock-in period of 3 years and thus not having to pay interest for the extra amount which you've pre-paid? If yes, you should accept whatever loan you can get in Sg which charge lower interest than BLR-2.3%. Use the money to pre-pay your housing loan in Malaysia and pay the lower interest rate you get from Singapore.

Status
Not open for further replies.