• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Prof, you can tell as they are an authorized dealer, i changed all my tyres there and this is the most honest guy i can find. You can call the tyre distributor in Johore. Which brand did you buy? Michellin or Pirelli? You can call them and find out easily.

I lost tyre caps, he replaced them, when my rear light bulbs blew, he replaced them. One of the window motors on one of my cars died, he replaced it as well. All with no charge, of course this is because i send all my cars including my relatives one to him and i never asked for anything in return.

One of the most honest guys i can find. I even intro a friend to change oil, etc, he kept telling my friend don't change this, don't need to change that, etc.

I used to go to a shop very nearby to them, the main reason why i went to Michellin was to get a 2nd opinion. The first shop proposed 520 RM to change parts for my car to fix the problem. I went to this Michellin shop just to get a 2nd opinion as i thought it was only prudent.

I got quote 150 RM as he told me that one of the parts don't even need to be replaced )the more expensive one) and paid a grand total of $150 to fix the car. He was also the only one in the immediate area who had the devices to interface with the car computer and used it to diagnose my cars. Its been more than 8 months now, no problem so far. I even got it checked at my old mechanic in Sutera area, even they were impressed.

Btw, for bros here who need nitrogen in their tyres, there is a tyre shop near Sutera mall (the one that they say specializes in Honda cars) that has a nitrogen machine.

Hello Wuqi

Glad to see you back.

There's a car wash at Giant, Bukit Indah, Rm9 for my Honda Ody. Some of you may have used it. They have got several packages that might be of interest. :smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its always a good reminder to everyone to stay watchful while they are in JB.

A few high profile Singaporeans murdered/kidnapped recently. Today Straits Time reported a Harvard-educated businessman was found with slash wounds in Kedah, when he usually dont go there. Could be robbery gone wrong. Stay in a house in Bukit Timah. So please make sure u are accompanied when you are in JB.

house

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Mr House
Yes agreed, but i guess the possibility is rather remote unless the market gets so hot that bumis can't find units from other bumis or developer direct, eg. perhaps a few years down the road the Iskandar Project gets so successsful that property price doubles and you can't find non-bumi buyers whereas bumi buyers are willing to pay... i understand your concern... true that bumi-release lots are not "identical" and there might be worries if rule changes carry retrospective impact

yes. just to share info to other brothers here.
I am not expert, but i personally will try to avoid bumi released unit.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who are visiting East Ledang Melody park launch this Sunday, please note that its been cancelled as the developer has not secured the advertising permit for this launch. I was told it will be postponed to Apr or May 2011. In case you have made arrangement to drop by, please do take note. You may drop by Setia Eco Garden to hav a look though at the surrounding. Semi d is highly priced at RM 1.5 million on average and I wonder why. I may drop by to check it out as the view could be fantastic

do post your FR after your visit!

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
The developer will apply to the have the lot "released" - either for ownership to other Malaysians only or to International lot status.

hi,

in case you may not aware that even the lot is released as international lot and sell to non-bumi (locals or foreigners), but if the lot is again resell to bumi, the lot will automatically become bumi lot. Assume the future buyer is non-bumi, again need to apply for lot "released", that subject to approval + $. If possible try to get international lot unless no choice.
My sister took bumi released lot in south facing direction as she dislikes afternoon sun in other international lots.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
not really same....
yes - no problem to sell to foreigner.
No - once the lot resale back to a so called bumi buyer.... the lot will automatically revert back to bumi lot.. the bumi will have to convert again if wana sell to non-bumi.

Thanks for your inputs house, its appreciated. I won't touch Bumi land but converted Bumi houses should be ok.

If they sell to me as a foreigner, i can do the following:
1. Hold for a few years and rent it out.
2. Hold it forever and pass it to the harem i will prepare for my sons
3. Hold for a few years, rent it out and resell it when the price is good
4. Flip it (sell off after a few months)

The question is, if i do 3 or 4, i can still sell it to anyone. It won't really
bother me on the status of the house once i sell it to someone, Bumi
or non-Bumi?

This is as who they choose to subsequently sell to next and whether the prospective
next buyer do their homework or not; whether there was any negligent misrepresentation in that deal has absolutely nothing to do with this original sale already hence it shouldn't concern the original buyer on the property new status.

Unless i plan to buy it back that is but that would be weird.

Still, i do agree that we need to approach the converted Bumi units with some caution and one should always get converted units mainly from developers and to do a thorough check and valuation on the property (which will also reveal the status) before committing(if going for subsale units).

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
For those who are visiting East Ledang Melody park launch this Sunday, please note that its been cancelled as the developer has not secured the advertising permit for this launch. I was told it will be postponed to Apr or May 2011. In case you have made arrangement to drop by, please do take note. You may drop by Setia Eco Garden to hav a look though at the surrounding. Semi d is highly priced at RM 1.5 million on average and I wonder why. I may drop by to check it out as the view could be fantastic

Good for you Horizonhills. I hope that no matter where you choose, you will find happiness in the right place for you. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Its always a good reminder to everyone to stay watchful while they are in JB.

Yes it is, even in countries that people view as safe, crime can still happen. That is because crime is everywhere. Even in Japan, arguably one of the safest countries in the world, there is still crime, albeit
mostly organized ones.

Just have to be vigilant everywhere you go.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
OH my... I am too scared to try that out mate.

But i know some Singaporeans are prepared to risk it.

I would rather not, its never advisable to play punk with others, especially in their country. There should be respect and not take advantage or for granted. The seconds you save on this may cost you more in the long run and worse, impact on other innocent parties as well.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Quote - Analytical Prof

However for the longest time i have observed that they just flip the pages, look at the sticker and return the passports to us.

So they do not have a record of our entry/exit.

Which means they can trouble us if they want to although i believe they wont do such a thing.[/QUOTE]
-----------------------------

Prof, they tend to just look through and don't really scan it. I have one time once when they checked on my mum as hers wasn't scanned. That was the only one time though and we spent a grand total of 15 mins waiting for them to sort it out and thereafter, we were politely told we were good to go. This was if i remember correctly the first few months of the MACS system. They aren't really afraid of Singaporeans overstaying in the sense as there are still checks and balances.

The MACS sticker needs to be renewed yearly and our passports also need to be renewed and have a minimum period of validity before the MACS sticker can be applied. Most Singaporeans still have family, friends and of course bills to settle in Singapore so 30 days is more than good enough in most instances unless one is studying or going through long medical treatment in which case, there are long term VISAs that they can apply for anyway.

By the way, i would urge those who have chronic medical problems and those that require dialysis, etc to move out to Malaysia for continued long term treatment. Some of the hospitals here already accept Medisave, etc. Even as far away as Malacca, though only 2(that i am aware of) accept Medisave, i am sure that there will be more incoming. A sister company of Gleneagles will be set up here soon from what i understand.

Vega.

Alfrescian
Loyal

Friday March 25, 2011

Greedy lawyer dashes duo’s dream

By NELSON BENJAMIN
[email protected]

JOHOR BARU: Their dream to own a home here was dashed when a mother and daughter from Singapore allegedly lost more than RM400,000 to a senior lawyer they had engaged to draw up the sales and purchase agreement.

The family suspected something amiss only after paying out a large sum of money to the lawyer without getting any documents on the two-storey house in Bandar Baru Uda which they bought from a fellow Singaporean.

They then met the seller and were shocked when he claimed he only received from the lawyer “a few thousand ringgit” for the house.

The mother and daughter lodged a police report after failing to trace the lawyer, said to be in his 40s, and learning that his law firm in Larkin had closed down.

It is learned that police nabbed the lawyer several days ago and have taken statements from him and several other people in connection with the case, which is being investigated as criminal breach of trust under Section 409 of the Penal Code.

A Bar Council official said the lawyer had not been issued a practising certificate since 2008.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
JB's version of Rasif. The thing i don't understand is, why did they pay such a huge sum through a lawyer's account? I've only heard of 10% payment in law firm's escrow account and never more than that. That is the reason nowadays in SG the stakeholder's monies are held in law society account and not legal firm's.

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes it is, even in countries that people view as safe, crime can still happen. That is because crime is everywhere. Even in Japan, arguably one of the safest countries in the world, there is still crime, albeit
mostly organized ones.

yes they rape & molest and Fk their locals (japanese) in broad daylight and the female counterparts ...
Learn Wing Chun and never block knifes attack with bare hands but learn to dodge like to the left r right or train your back to lean back....

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is one thing i do not understand about Setia. Their prices have increased manifold.

In the Setia series that i currently live in Setia Tropika too prices have gone up.

Yet they have lots of buyers.

I was enquiring for unsold units in my precint and found that they hardly have any unsold.

And this despite the high price.

Wonder what keeps them ticking? They dun have a golf course to boast off? So what is it that makes people buy the Setia Series?

Is it their name? Branding? Location? Value for money? What exactly?

You may drop by Setia Eco Garden to hav a look though at the surrounding. Semi d is highly priced at RM 1.5 million on average and I wonder why. I may drop by to check it out as the view could be fantastic

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
100% true and totally agree

mostly organized ones.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,
Indeed seeing new prices for launches, they are on an unstoppable uptick. When I was in KL for recent school vac, media there said the Japanese are seeking more stable places to retire (and open factories) after the recent tragedies there and Malaysia is one favourite destination given the welcome they receive from the M Gov historically. JB can only gain with proximity to Singapore & upcoming Chelsea/Genting Mall in Nusajaya. Japanese love their golf (guys) and shopping (gals).

You pointed out an observation of JB school kids that is true - fire in belly. I will support further - Malaysian Chinese kids have this fighting spirit because they grew up with institutionalised discrimination, thus learn to be more 'streetsmart' and tougher, in a way more so than their Singapore peers. They are kind of like 'permanent immigrants' if you know what I mean. However the Malaysia Education curriculum is still a mess caused by nationalistic politicking. Luckily the National Chinese Schools (SRJK) are allowed some extra flexibility & load in the teaching materials as add-ons to the national curr, thus the popularity of these schools like the Singapore SAPs. Noticed how the Malaysian property advertisements zoom in on proximity to SRJKs? Akin to the Singapore ads that boast near branded schools. That is a plus point for me to invest in Horizon Hills with the Ming Shih SRJK within the HH compound. It is another layer of demand base for HH from the well-to-do locals as Malaysia schools also go by closer-km-radius preference. Clever thinking by Gamuda. They make it even better by throwing in an IS as well to attract those requiring western education...

Hi Cathy,
If can afford the Int Schools (IS) in EduCity, go for it. I even saw the Ang Moh Singapore Expats in JB forum and they eagerly waiting for these to start. It will draw many international students. Just be careful to be selective which curriculum. As for me, until secondary school, I will stick with the Singapore Education Curriculum for my kids as it is the best in the world (even California adopting the Maths curr) but I have to ensure outside of school I nurture my kids attitude to life and creativity. Things that are not focused on intimately by the schools here. This is the edge FT s have that give them the jobs in Singapore ahead of locals, on top of the "fire in belly" factor found in 'permanent immigrants'.

Hi A.Prof,
I am getting excited yet nervous as my house is being built because of the renovation challenges (did you get yet any carpenter replies?) and list of things you shared and the experiences you guys faced . Will definitely PM you guys for contacts when times draws nearer.

Can't thank enough Wuqi for starting this journey. We can surely see the evolution has gone from "should/should not" debates to "ok-we-are-here,-now-lets-help-each-other-live-well-and-make-a-life" and pages are coming much faster paced (although mysteriously some pages went missing lately). I think the JB eskimos have started to queue for this ice cream. For those not there yet like me, I can only help pass the message . My son is helping me - he is complaining why Legoland cannot start by this Christmas :smile:

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
As for Loan Packages - even the locals recommend me SCB & HSBC (Homesmart). They are cheaper than the local bank rates . I am much more impressed by these packages' flexibility (ignoring the lock in 5 yrs) -it seems to have such wing chun powers danteak tries to decribe - bend back, flex forward, side to side... incredible.

They will push MRTA but I decided not to do as seems expensive as pay upfront few thousands. Funny how Singapore & JB so close yet the Loan packages principles so different. At least I appreciate very much the differences in petrol pump prices :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.