• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ta bao food + photo of what i ordered at Kinsahi (Jusco)
923410_549301925165744_121016083_n.jpg1013730_10152154856484557_1825945311_n.jpg

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I receive many items for my weblog and have just received three segments, one of which was:

1. If you are filling at the petrol station and see somebody in the adjacent booths shaking his car or motor-cycle while filling, you can be very sure it is a Singaporean trying to put in as much petrol as possible on his return journey. This is where greed overcomes logic because liquid finds its own level and there is no need to shake out the air bubbles as it will automatically float!
2. On the highway, they are either going very fast or very slow and they treat the highway as one large rubbish bin, throwing empty food wrappers and cans out of the car window.
3. When there is a jam on the highway, they will use the emergency lane or jump queue. If beaten up by the locals for their rude behavior, they will go home and tell the press that they were beaten for no reason and their local press will stupidly believe them and blow up the issue.

Don't know whether it is written by a disgruntled Malaysian or an equally disgruntled Singaporean living in Johor.

What do you think?

is this still the perception of Singapore visitors to Johor?
No improvement with time and empathy?

Last edited by a moderator:

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently received bill from Majlis Bandaraya Johor Bahru - to pay half yearly quit rent.
Can pay online using many other banks, quite disappointed can't pay by RHB bank which is the only bank that I have.

Anybody knows if there is any other means of online payment besides paying by cheque? No such thing as GIRO payment har?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Malaysian AND Japanese food at Kinashi? Thought only Japanese!! Penang Laksa looks yummy? Any good?

I accidentally lumped two photos taken at different times. One taken by a friend who packed some quick snacks to treat himself for a hard days work. Another one was taken at Kinsahi as i waited for a friend.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently received bill from Majlis Bandaraya Johor Bahru - to pay half yearly quit rent.
Can pay online using many other banks, quite disappointed can't pay by RHB bank which is the only bank that I have.

Anybody knows if there is any other means of online payment besides paying by cheque? No such thing as GIRO payment har?

I pay online by local credit card..

Last edited:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal

Can pay for it at the Post Office and use a credit card. There is one at Jusco Bukit Indah, the opposite end to the supermarket, sign indicating POS Malaysia and the other at Perling. Need to Google this, as I'm not sure of the name of the road it is on.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I receive many items for my weblog and have just received three segments, one of which was:

1. If you are filling at the petrol station and see somebody in the adjacent booths shaking his car or motor-cycle while filling, you can be very sure it is a Singaporean trying to put in as much petrol as possible on his return journey. This is where greed overcomes logic because liquid finds its own level and there is no need to shake out the air bubbles as it will automatically float!
2. On the highway, they are either going very fast or very slow and they treat the highway as one large rubbish bin, throwing empty food wrappers and cans out of the car window.
3. When there is a jam on the highway, they will use the emergency lane or jump queue. If beaten up by the locals for their rude behavior, they will go home and tell the press that they were beaten for no reason and their local press will stupidly believe them and blow up the issue.

Don't know whether it is written by a disgruntled Malaysian or an equally disgruntled Singaporean living in Johor.

What do you think?

is this still the perception of Singapore visitors to Johor?
No improvement with time and empathy?

I think already mentioned by a few before that Singapore plate car doesn't mean Singapore visitors. With so many foreigners around, cannot assume and quick to blame Singaporean to be the ones doing these. Just ask the Malaysian SPRs in this forum who are working in Spore, do they drive Singapore plate cars when in JB or other part of Malaysia?

Can't really blame Malaysians who do not know Spore has many foreigners nor blame Singaporeans who seldom visit JB to know there are many Malaysian SPRs in JB or Msia, but Malaysian SPRs and Singaporeans who frequent visit JB or living in JB should know.

Some published comments - food for thought?

Dump the littering habit - The Star Metro, Monday, February 24, 2003
"IT IS something most of us do not even think about. We do it ever so naturally, and only a handful of people avoid doing it. It is the first thing you do when you unwrap your pack of cigarettes in the car. It is called littering ... and it is getting out of control! .........
Litter comes form all sorts of sources, the biggest culprits being motorists and pedestrians............"
http://www.ytlcommunity.com/commnews/shownews.asp?newsid=5586

The other day on radio, I heard this news saying tour guides commented that a trait of Singaporean tourist being always looking for rubbish bin when touring overseas. Does it sound strange that Singaporean go overseas for tour will look for bins but drive to JB and other parts of Malaysia for tour will start littering? Time and empathy will not improve things if people keep assume and quick to blame the wrong people.

Another thing is the pumping of petrol, Ron 97 that Singaporeans and foreigners can pump in Malaysia is not subsidised, so foreigners are paying market price for petrol and if Singaporeans or other foreigners find it value for money and want to squeeze to pump more, this has nothing to do with greed since not getting any subsidy for it and not depriving any local from getting any petrol.

Lastly about the using of emergency lane or jump queue, anyone who have driven on Pasir gudang highway and stucked in traffic jam before and will know that even if the highway is two lane, another lane or more will start forming as people start to squeeze. Don't say emergency lane, as long as got space, there'll be a lane. Personally I have seen five or six lanes being formed and then all bottleneck back to two lanes.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Massive jams today for incoming to SG at Woodlands Checkpoint. I took slightly less than 1.5 hrs to clear both sides, but from my experience, the night traffic will be much much worse. Avoid going to JB if you can, for this and the next few weekends.......

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Massive jams today for incoming to SG at Woodlands Checkpoint. I took slightly less than 1.5 hrs to clear both sides, but from my experience, the night traffic will be much much worse. Avoid going to JB if you can, for this and the next few weekends.......

Your warning must have been very powerful. 1st and 2nd links seem to have very little cars for both directions compared to normal Saturdays and Sundays.

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Traffic into SG at Woodlands checkpoint subjected to extraneous check.
At the passport check booths, some given slip of paper denoting how many pax in car, some don't get.
At the car boot check lanes, if your car number don't appear in the 4D winners board, you'll be stopped and have your passports scanned again in the office.

Of course all this additional measures are taken to safeguard the security of Singapore and in no way a wayang show put on after the horse has bolted.

Last edited:

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cannot avoid going during CNY.

THE pressure is on ICA..

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
ginfreely, I agree with u. I'm in full agreement.

No offence to mallow. I hv respect for her especially for teaching me JB in my initial days

Hi mallow great to find you here again. After a long time. I din even know u hv a blog.

Where do u buy your herbs from n ur plants ?

I visit so many nurseries... am still so unsatisfied.

my favourite Yi Xiang at Permas Jaya has since disappeared.

I think already mentioned by a few before that Singapore plate car doesn't mean Singapore visitors. With so many foreigners around, cannot assume and quick to blame Singaporean to be the ones doing these. Just ask the Malaysian SPRs in this forum who are working in Spore, do they drive Singapore plate cars when in JB or other part of Malaysia?

Can't really blame Malaysians who do not know Spore has many foreigners nor blame Singaporeans who seldom visit JB to know there are many Malaysian SPRs in JB or Msia, but Malaysian SPRs and Singaporeans who frequent visit JB or living in JB should know.

Some published comments - food for thought?

Dump the littering habit - The Star Metro, Monday, February 24, 2003
"IT IS something most of us do not even think about. We do it ever so naturally, and only a handful of people avoid doing it. It is the first thing you do when you unwrap your pack of cigarettes in the car. It is called littering ... and it is getting out of control! .........
Litter comes form all sorts of sources, the biggest culprits being motorists and pedestrians............"
http://www.ytlcommunity.com/commnews/shownews.asp?newsid=5586

The other day on radio, I heard this news saying tour guides commented that a trait of Singaporean tourist being always looking for rubbish bin when touring overseas. Does it sound strange that Singaporean go overseas for tour will look for bins but drive to JB and other parts of Malaysia for tour will start littering? Time and empathy will not improve things if people keep assume and quick to blame the wrong people.

Another thing is the pumping of petrol, Ron 97 that Singaporeans and foreigners can pump in Malaysia is not subsidised, so foreigners are paying market price for petrol and if Singaporeans or other foreigners find it value for money and want to squeeze to pump more, this has nothing to do with greed since not getting any subsidy for it and not depriving any local from getting any petrol.

Lastly about the using of emergency lane or jump queue, anyone who have driven on Pasir gudang highway and stucked in traffic jam before and will know that even if the highway is two lane, another lane or more will start forming as people start to squeeze. Don't say emergency lane, as long as got space, there'll be a lane. Personally I have seen five or six lanes being formed and then all bottleneck back to two lanes.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
mallow, I'm always looking for the cheapest n best nursery.

I'm not into ornamental plants tho

Always, looking for herbs n edibles.

just bought passion fruit n laichi today for container gardening

Last edited:

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Grago, did u find toddy ?

Can pay for it at the Post Office and use a credit card. There is one at Jusco Bukit Indah, the opposite end to the supermarket, sign indicating POS Malaysia and the other at Perling. Need to Google this, as I'm not sure of the name of the road it is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.