• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
I double confirm that. Not enough counters open at SG side. That's why there's abuild up at this end. Took me 2 hrs to get home from BI, normally 1 hour only.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I double confirm that. Not enough counters open at SG side. That's why there's abuild up at this end. Took me 2 hrs to get home from BI, normally 1 hour only.

Yup, I don't see the Johor side jammed until so bad at 1st and 2nd links from the live cameras. Both 1st and 2nd links are still very badly jammed now. I can't imagine once Johor also works on Sunday. It gives more reasons for Singaporeans to go in on Sunday since there are more places (e.g. banks) and government offices (e.g. post offices) open. Sianzzz...

good2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, I don't see the Johor side jammed until so bad at 1st and 2nd links from the live cameras. Both 1st and 2nd links are still very badly jammed now. I can't imagine once Johor also works on Sunday. It gives more reasons for Singaporeans to go in on Sunday since there are more places (e.g. banks) and government offices (e.g. post offices) open. Sianzzz...

Yes, saw the jams at 2nd link even during off peak hours. Those taking causeway buses also kenna jam??

Last edited:

leongyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
told you guys .. links jam are a killer. imagine you staying in JB and commuting daily. wah lau..

I do that Bro. I console myself it's all for a better tomorrow. I used to borrow book audio CDs from NLB to pass the time but got tired of it.

Looking at other bro/sis who can suggest what they do to pass time?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do that Bro. I console myself it's all for a better tomorrow. I used to borrow book audio CDs from NLB to pass the time but got tired of it.

i imagine i would listen to my favourite CDs and read newspaper in the car. but i understand your point of view. :smile:\

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Watch movie on tablet or buy portable dvd with 10" monitor.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, saw the jams at 2nd link even during off peak hours. Those taking causeway buses also kenna jam??

Causeway buses have their own lane. But I expect more bus services to start up and slower traffic at the links too. Off-peak traffic from Mon to Thu during off-peak hours is still quite fast for getting in and out. Fri-Sun are usually very slow.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
in that case, i don't want it increased. because it will go into someone's pocket. for sure. i almost guarantee it :(

Today's STAR paper. Selangor MB pay hike from 14K RM a month to 30K RM a month. speaker pay rise from 6.5K RM to 18K RM pm.

Now it's Johor's turn to increase own pay.

Johor mulls over pay hike for state assemblymen

Read more: Johor mulls over pay hike for state assemblymen - Latest - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/latest/johor-mulls-over-pay-hike-for-state-assemblymen-1.416206#ixzz2m4VWVBhI

KLUANG: The Johor government is considering a pay rise for all 56 assemblymen to commensurate with their workload and responsibilities, said Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin.
He said however, the pay hike would not be as high as that of Selangor assemblymen.

"We are studying the pay hike even though we are not entangled in a desperate situation," he told reporters after opening the Johor Agro Expo 2013 in conjunction with the state-level Farmers, Breeders and Fishermen's Day at the Ayer Hitam Modern Agriculture Project here today.

Mohamed Khaled said neither was Johor envious of Selangor assemblymen pay hike and wanted to match theirs.

The Selangor State Assembly approved a salary hike for all 56 state assemblymen from next year with the deputy speaker getting the highest percentage increase of 373.3 per cent (from RM3,327.50 to RM15,750).

The menteri besar's salary will be increased from RM14,175.15 to RM29,250; state executive councillors from RM6,109.29 to RM20,250; speaker from RM6,109.29 to RM22,500; and state assemblymen from RM6,000 to RM11,250.

In his speech, Mohamed Khaled said Johor had always strived to ensure that it continued to be major food producer by opening up land, developing idle land, embracing new technology and producing human capital for the sector.

"Johor has not only succeeded in reducing vegetable and fruit imports but also has been able to supply the commodities to Singapore and Hong Kong.

"According to last year's statistics, Johor was the country's second biggest vegetable producer with a total production of more than 136,000 metric tonnes compared to Malaysia's total production of 878.975 tonnes," he said.

He said Johor remained the country's major chicken producer with sales worth RM2.54 billion a year and produced three billion chicken eggs valued at RM1.06 billion a year.

In the fisheries sector, he said Johor was the country's third biggest supplier of fresh water fish last year, registering 11.67 per cent of the national production and produced 238 million metric tonnes or 70 per cent of the country's ornamental fish output.

The Johor Agro Expo 2013 from Wednesday till Sunday is expected to attract 500,000 visitors and achieve RM10 million sales.

Meanwhile, the massive increase in the salary of the Selangor Menteri Besar, executive council members, state assembly speaker and the deputy speaker is proof that the promise of 'sacrifice' by the Pakatan Rakyat Selangor government to the people is mere rhetoric, Malacca Chief Minister Datuk Seri Idris Haron said.

He said the promise by the Selangor government leaders that they did not need to be rewarded was just sweet talk to deceive the people.

He said the Selangor government's decision on the salary increase would not bring any benefit to the people, but would increase the state government's administration cost .

"They (opposition) are showing their true colours in spending the people's money for themselves," he told reporters after a mass circumcision ceremony here today.

In another development, Idris said the appointment of an MCA member in the state executive council would be made after the MCA election on Dec 21. -- BERNAMA

Read more: Johor mulls over pay hike for state assemblymen - Latest - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/latest/johor-mulls-over-pay-hike-for-state-assemblymen-1.416206#ixzz2m4VgpfuS

curiouscat

Alfrescian
Loyal
HackerspaceJB is a community-operated physical place, where people can meet and work on their projects. Projects range from websites to robotics.

HackerSpaceJB also has monthly meetings, see website for details on HackerSpaceJB

http://www.hackerspacejb.org/

HackerSpace JB Twitter feed

https://twitter.com/HackerSpaceJB

Screening Of The Lean Startup Conference (with world's leading experts including Eric Ries, Marc Andreessen, Kent Beck and Steve Blank) at HackerSpace JB - Jan 3, 2014

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/screenin...ets-9410205177

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Subject: Management committee
when residents want to form a manangement committee, is there any state govt dept that should be informed? A guy told me that there is such a dept and they are enpowered to approve or reject who can be in a committee. Anybody know which dept?

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
My family and I were caught in a MASSIVE jam today while heading to Tuas. Took us almost 2 hrs to get to Tuas checkpoint from YCK, from 9.20 am to 11.20am. It was a bad start to the day alright. But for some poor soul it was the worst and last day of his life, there was serious accident with a fatality. Saw the body covered under a blue tent near the Raffles Marina exit with police still there when we passed by....anyone else had the same experience as us?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Electricity tariff up by 15% from Jan 1

009510643.ashx

KUALA LUMPUR: The electricity tariff will be increased by about 15% for Peninsular Malaysia, and by about 17% for Sabah and Labuan from next year, said Energy, Green Technology and Water Minister Datuk Dr Maximus Johnity Ongkili.

"The average electricity tariff in Peninsular Malaysia will be up 4.99 sen per kWh or 14.89% from the current average rate of 33.54 sen/kWh to 38.53 sen/kWh.

"For Sabah and Labuan, the average tariff will be up 5.0 sen per kWh or 16.9% from current average rate of 29.52 sen per kWh to 34.52 sen per kWh," he told reporters at a press conference in Parliament on Monday.

Rates in Sarawak will not be affected because the electricity supply in the state is operated by state-run company, Sarawak Energy.

The new rates will take effect from Jan 1, 2014, he added.

However, Dr Ongkili noted that 70.67% of consumers in Peninsular Malaysia and 62% of consumers in Sabah and Labuan will not be affected by the tariff hike.

"There will be no tariff increase imposed on the consumers who use electricity at a rate of, or lower than, 300kWh a month.

"This amounts to 4.56 million consumers in the peninsula and 260,000 consumers in Sabah and Labuan," he said. The group most likely to be affected are those whose electricity usage is between 301 to 400 kWh and 401 to 600 kWh.

electric%20tariffs.ashx
The table on implications of the revised rate on domestic users.

The first group (about 720,000 consumers) will be billed between RM77.52 and RM128.60, an increase ranging from 12 cents to RM11.60 per month. (Not including 1.6% feed in tariff).

The second group (about 670,000 consumers) will be billed between RM129.12 to RM231.80, an increase of between RM11.71 to RM33 per month. (not including 1.6% feed in tariff).

Meanwhile in a statement to Bursa Malaysia, Tenaga Nasional said for domestic consumer (with a monthly consumption of up to 200kWh) the tariff would be maintained at a subsidised rate of 21.8 sen/kWh (i.e. no tariff increase).

This rate has not been reviewed during several tariff reviews since 1997.

Also consumers using 300kWh per month and below will not experience any tariff increase, the rate is maintained at 33.4 sen/kWh. Hence, there is no tariff increase to 70.7% of the household consumers (4.6 million consumers).

The domestic tariff band is reduced from current 8 bands to 5 bands for better understanding of tariff structure.

Commercial consumers will experience an average increase of 16.85% (ranging from 1.2% to about 18%). Industrial consumers will experience an average increase of 16.85% (ranging from 0.9% to about 17%). Special Industrial Tariff (“SIT”) consumers will experience an increase of about 19%.

This is in line with the Government’s effort to gradually reduce subsidies to industries. Even with this increase, SIT consumers will continue to enjoy discounted tariff rates, as compared to the rates for normal Industrial consumers.

The 10% discount on electricity bills currently enjoyed by Government schools, Government institutions of higher learning, places of worship and welfare homes registered with the Government and educational institutions partly-funded by the Government is maintained. The 10% discount will also be extended to the Universities teaching hospital under Ministry of Education (USM, UKM, UM).

Special Industrial Tariff (“SIT”) for water and sewerage operators will be given automatically and the electricity rebate by the Government for domestic consumers with a monthly bill of RM20 or lower will be maintained.

Wow! Suddenly semua UP! Property tax, GST, new min threshold....and now....

Their Ministers salary oso up....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.