• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leongyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Citilink shows interest in flying into Senai

http://www.starproperty.my/index.ph...citilink-shows-interest-in-flying-into-senai/

Meanwhile, the state public works executive councillor Datuk Hasni Mohamad said the elevated road project in the Taman Kebun Teh-Taman Melodies is already in the final stage of designing.

He said the project to be known as East West Link would connect the western and eastern parts of Johor Baru city and help to disperse traffic and ease congestion, responding to a question from Andrew Chen Kah Eng (Stulang-DAP).

http://www.nst.com.my/streets/johor/airport-public-transport-blues-1.400978

Dispersing more traffic onto Tebrau Highway - which is already choking under the current infrastructure? And with South Quay development nearby...good luck to those staying around the area!

Photogguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe i sua ku, never knew weekends can be shifted.
Thought sat sunday is whole world

...Actually this change will benefit Singapore based owners and those who live in JB and work in Sg.....now you can do your banking etc on Sundays....also businesses will have a better spread since local shops on Friday and Sat, Non-local shops on Sat and Sunday....the week end business is stretch over 3 days.....

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also thought it will help Singaporeans who wanna do banking and government transactions.

...Actually this change will benefit Singapore based owners and those who live in JB and work in Sg.....now you can do your banking etc on Sundays....also businesses will have a better spread since local shops on Friday and Sat, Non-local shops on Sat and Sunday....the week end business is stretch over 3 days.....

Twinnigal

Alfrescian
Loyal
In fact, the whole of Middle East have Fri Sat as weekend, so it is not that uncommon as we might have thought.

It is just that most developed countries such as US, Europe and most parts of Asia have Sat Sun as weekends.

Muslim countries like Dubai practise Fri Sat as weekend

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good Friday the most important day for Christians, no public holiday. So does Sunday ever matter ?
there isn't a "the most important day" for Christians. Going to church on a Sunday is a weekly event while Good Friday happens once a year and there is usually a night mass on Good Friday.

Hopeful

Alfrescian
Loyal
there isn't a "the most important day" for Christians. Going to church on a Sunday is a weekly event while Good Friday happens once a year and there is usually a night mass on Good Friday.

Actually I think the most important Christian festival is Easter (Sunday). The New Testament teaches that the resurrection of Jesus, which Easter celebrates, is a foundation of the Christian faith.
If Jesus died and didn't resurrect he would have been just an ordinary man.:smile:

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perfect answer.

Easter is more important than Christmas.Christmas is so commercial these days.

Thankfully Easter retains it's magical charm.

In fact the Octave of Easter exists as well.

Actually I think the most important Christian festival is Easter (Sunday). The New Testament teaches that the resurrection of Jesus, which Easter celebrates, is a foundation of the Christian faith.
If Jesus died and didn't resurrect he would have been just an ordinary man.:smile:

Last edited:

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Malaysian Inland Revenue is going to have a huge windfall next year.
They had revised the valuation of all properties to current price level and next year the tax will be based on at least 0.2% (varies I think) of your property.
If you property cost RM1mil, prepare to pay RM 2,000.
Many had already received the notice tell you the new valuation and tax payable for 2014.
Najib : Huat ah!!!!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
They had revised the valuation of all properties to current price level and next year the tax will be based on at least 0.2% (varies I think) of your property.
Many had already received the notice tell you the new valuation and tax payable for 2014.

That's roughly what I gathered from other forums.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's roughly what I gathered from other forums.

Its already happening actually and despite protest by the opposition, it was still proceeded reason being the properties were grossly undervalued against the current market price and the Inland Revenue is just doing an updating for more realistic taxation.
Look out for your new assessment notice in your letter box from MPJB showing the new value and tax payable.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

the cukai harta (assessment tax) is based on a percentage of the assessment of your property, not based on the purchase price. (i beliece the assessment value is somewhat based / tied to rental value per year)* . this is my understanding. same as singapore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.