• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
break in case in ST within the G&G taman ? wat the guards doing ???

ST break in .jpg

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not too bad lah. Singapore treats foreign property investors much worse.

I don't think it is true Spore treat foreign investor much worse, Spore treat all investors the same with no distinction between local and foreign until the recent higher 15% ABSD, which is very late considering the run up so long already.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the thieves could have rented a house cheaply for a month to monitor the neighbours, then steal their belongings.

but how much valuables can steal in cars leh ?
i heard abt some rented in high class places and break into weekender houses , tats y now the security there very tight to check every car boot out ..

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
but how much valuables can steal in cars leh ?
i heard abt some rented in high class places and break into weekender houses , tats y now the security there very tight to check every car boot out ..

That is intrusion of privacy. I will only allow that at the custom for national security reason.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
I received a quite of S$900 for pua chu to JB. OK mah?

I have about 50 boxes of stuff, one massage chair, one sofabed, one 47"LCD, one 17kg washing machine, one Clavinova

Since I am renting HDB out, I only move a few things.

Hi,

Juz curious as im also contemplating doing the same. $900 is SGD? Tax included? tot electronics need pay custom taxes etc?

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not when you renew your MACS. It's during one of the daily commute.

Hmm... Tats a cause for concern???
Tot of bringing my aged parents along too while me & wife commute 5days/wk.
Was wondering for my parents 1x per week cum out Sg re-enter using Mac any issue?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Juz curious as im also contemplating doing the same. $900 is SGD? Tax included? tot electronics need pay custom taxes etc?

No tax, all in, customs clearance also taken care of. They come, they load, they transport, they unload, you pay, they go.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
To bypass the vehicle jam in morning and evening, what do you think of the following tactic?

Morning scenario

1. Drive Car from home to park at City Square (buy season parking, not sure how much)
2. Walk over to CIQ clear customs
3. Take bus to Woodlands customs clearance
4. Ride Bike to work from Woodlands (buy HDB season parking at Woodlands near chkpt)

Evening "pang kang" reverse the process.

Would the above ruse work? Would it be worth the money (buying season parking in City Square, or other nearby malls) and hassle (up and down vehicle, walk though customs, take bus, human squeeze etc) to do this? Would it save time? Or would it raise blood pressure? Anyone trying this already? It looks like I may have to begin this in a couple of weeks' time if this is a favourable plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.