• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
One case showing local Malaysian couple buying multiple properties in JB/Msia:

Husband aged 45, wife 37, with monthly salaries of Rm8k and 3.5k and 4 children.

Bought 8 properties all together
- 2 new ones being built (one yet to get loan, the other not yet start instalment)
- 5 completed ones being rented out (1 factory, 1 condo, 3 shop houses)
- 1 own stay property (double storey corner terrace).

Two properties fully paid up (own stay property and condo), the rest on mortgage but all properties have appreciated vs purchase price.
- condo bought 120k now 350k
- factory bought 400k now 800k
- Shophouse bought 650k now 1m, another one bought 290k now 300k
- double storey corner terrace now worth 800k

The couple have cash Rm300k and SGD70k, two cars (on instalment).

http://property.sinchew.com.my/node/2216?tid=7

Last edited:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow. But to be fair their entry prices are all pretty low compare to the current property price now. They are fully leveraging to their max.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
One case showing local Malaysian couple buying multiple properties in JB/Msia:

Husband aged 45, wife 37, with monthly salaries of Rm8k and 3.5k and 4 children.

Bought 8 properties all together
- 2 new ones being built (one yet to get loan, the other not yet start instalment)
- 5 completed ones being rented out (1 factory, 1 condo, 3 shop houses)
- 1 own stay property (double storey corner terrace).

Two properties fully paid up (own stay property and condo), the rest on mortgage but all properties have appreciated vs purchase price.
- condo bought 120k now 350k
- factory bought 400k now 800k
- Shophouse bought 650k now 1m, another one bought 290k now 300k
- double storey corner terrace now worth 800k

The couple have cash Rm300k and SGD70k, two cars (on instalment).

http://property.sinchew.com.my/node/2216?tid=7

The salaries, two cars, cash, and 4 children, yet can afford 8 properties, really have to salute.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why it's "Malaysia Boleh"!

But in Singapore.....cannot smell it.

Its about timing. In SG also this was possible in the years before 2007 or in 2008 to 2009. I bought a condo in end 2006 in Kentish Green for 388K that is now worth over 1M. At that time only need to put down 20% and rental was already 1.8K to 2k , while my loan installment was only 1.3K even at higher interest rate then.It was easy to get finanicng then too. but that time has passed now. Even in Iskandar its not cheap anymore.

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope, the copy is just for internal use in My when driving log distances. Definitely not for cross border use

Any MACS holder kena this before : MY immigration officer underline the wordS social visit and write NOT FOR STAY IN MALAYSIA ON MACS page.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I received a quite of S$900 for pua chu to JB. OK mah?

I have about 50 boxes of stuff, one massage chair, one sofabed, one 47"LCD, one 17kg washing machine, one Clavinova

Since I am renting HDB out, I only move a few things.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone commuting daily between singapore and johor by bike? What's your experience like?

you have to experience it yourself. being one of thousands at the checkpoint. the exhasut fumes are increadiable. ifyours is a big cc bike you prbably still get stuck a bit, but better than car. as for the riding condition, pretty much almost the same as in sgp, except roads / air are dirtier. make sure you fully kitted up with full face helmet.

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
you have to experience it yourself. being one of thousands at the checkpoint. the exhasut fumes are increadiable. ifyours is a big cc bike you prbably still get stuck a bit, but better than car. as for the riding condition, pretty much almost the same as in sgp, except roads / air are dirtier. make sure you fully kitted up with full face helmet.

I experienced it about 3 weeks ago on a Monday evening. Reached woodland at 5.40pm and reached City Square lawyer office at 6.15pm. Many bikes but still moving, unlike cars that can be jacked up way back. 30 min or so looks ok to me but that is just one time, not sure daily will be different.

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get sunburn, hot, dusty, smoky, oily, wet or strike by thunder (if rain)

No such thing. I often hitch a lift on my J.B. neighbour's bike back into Singapore. No such thing as hot, dusty, smoky, strike by thunder, etc. You obviously are one of the air-conditioned car driver/passenger. Obviously have never sat on a 2-wheeler before in your entire life. Have a good life sitting in your car, jamming for 2 kilometres before you reach the immigration/customs checkpoint. While the 2-wheelers whizz by you.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I experienced it about 3 weeks ago on a Monday evening. Reached woodland at 5.40pm and reached City Square lawyer office at 6.15pm. Many bikes but still moving, unlike cars that can be jacked up way back. 30 min or so looks ok to me but that is just one time, not sure daily will be different.

bike is confirmed faster than car.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
No such thing. I often hitch a lift on my J.B. neighbour's bike back into Singapore. No such thing as hot, dusty, smoky, strike by thunder, etc. You obviously are one of the air-conditioned car driver/passenger. Obviously have never sat on a 2-wheeler before in your entire life. Have a good life sitting in your car, jamming for 2 kilometres before you reach the immigration/customs checkpoint. While the 2-wheelers whizz by you.

ok la call me kayu.. but after 7-8 years riding i change to car because buang 3 times in a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.