• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yday went in via Tuas.

Spore side jam 20 min.

Malaysia side jam 1 hr 20 min.

What's up with the Malaysia Immigration ?

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
AFAIK, msians generally do not stare at people. triads are still active among chinese there. whatever it is, don't stare back. be safe! there could be other reasons, for eg, driving a really expensive car.

Hahah roger bro. Thank you for the advise. Not my home ground I will not look back. :smile:

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whoever you are, there will always be someone looking at you....generally avoid eye contact with strangers unless you want to pick up girls....any eye contact with the wrong people will encourage them to approach you. They will start by asking you if you are from around the area, and will eventually ask you to follow them....and if you are silly enough to engage in the initial approach, its hard to back out..you need to be streetwise, and not give the impression that you are unsure of the place.

Usually ppl stare and me i will smile to them. :smile:

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
4) TRY NOT TO PARK IN DARK DESERTED AREAS. AND DON’T PUT ANY LAP TOP OR VALUABLE VISIBLE FOR CAR THIEVES.

5) INSTALL NIGHT LIGHTS IF YOU ARE AWAY FROM HOME.

They are inexpensive – around RM12 available at Giant Supermarket.

6) NEVER USE SHORT CUTS AT DESERTED BACK LANES AT ALL TIMES – DAY AND NIGHT – ESPECIALLY AT NIGHT! THIS IS THEIR TERRITORY!

7) GATED & GUARDED COMMUNITIES ARE SAFER. BUT DON’T TAKE THINGS FOR GRANTED. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing bro. :smile:

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You wont want to go there often, trust me. I bought annual for universal studios and went there once. Pathetic and waste of my money

I bought annual passes for USS when it first opened and went there at least 6 times, earned back liao. But I never renewed it.

Yesterday went into Legoland, was impressed with the whole place. Ironically I felt it was a good thing it poured like crazy late morning till about 3pm. After that the weather was cool like Genting, no hot sun frying the heads off people. Also the rain must have kept the crowds away because waiting time in rides were short. Add to that extended hours till 8pm, with 3D fireworks thrown in. I must say my first experience there has been good.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
What kind of home security systems would fellow home-owners in JB recommend? I'm looking for reasonable security, not overdoing it, got see some houses grilled up like prison cells. Also, what about those with CCTV where you can watch over your homes and family members back at JB while you are in Singapore?

What about communication? Do you think it's better to sign up for a phone line in Malaysia? Mobile phone and land lines? What's the cheapest and effective way to maintain communication? Is it good to own two mobile phones, one for Malaysia use and one for Singapore?

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
What kind of home security systems would fellow home-owners in JB recommend? I'm looking for reasonable security, not overdoing it, got see some houses grilled up like prison cells. Also, what about those with CCTV where you can watch over your homes and family members back at JB while you are in Singapore?

What about communication? Do you think it's better to sign up for a phone line in Malaysia? Mobile phone and land lines? What's the cheapest and effective way to maintain communication? Is it good to own two mobile phones, one for Malaysia use and one for Singapore?

Grill is a must. CCTV is optional to me. You can consider big dogs.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dogs are good, I have 4 at home. Apart from the obvious security boost they are fun as well. But yes, you have to be committed and responsible if you want to rear dogs.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dogs are good, I have 4 at home. Apart from the obvious security boost they are fun as well. But yes, you have to be committed and responsible if you want to rear dogs.

What kind of watchdogs would you recommend? Can guard against threats but won't chew up the baby or young kids?

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
What kind of watchdogs would you recommend? Can guard against threats but won't chew up the baby or young kids?

Now i only have mongrels which i rescued from the shelter and they are good obedient fellas, i used to have a German Sheppard many many years back and that guy was really good. I guess any dogs are fine but personally I'll stay away from those Rottweilers, Dobermans, Pittbulls, Boxers and Mastiffs but that's just me.

Photogguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
l stay away from those Rottweilers, Dobermans, Pittbulls, Boxers and Mastiffs but that's just me.
I had a doberman before, they look fiercer than they are which is good....but you need to train them from young with a firm hand. They are extremely reliable and loyal.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah very hard to find qualified electrician, I asked an electrician whether he has cert and he said don't have and no need, they just based on practical experience. Never see them reading electrical drawing indeed. Same for plumber i think.

Good info. Thanks.

The question here is where to get qualified electrician with good workmanship, and possible QC?

These are my observations from a electrical contractor:

-never read manual & electrical drawing

-never secure wirings although brackets are given

-don't bother to fully tighten the connections

-trial and error (neutral and live connections)

- never do thorough check and test after completion

- take easy way out (earth wire just hook on and twist)

- parts& accessories eg nuts/screws left over after installation

I pay special attention to aircon and water heater electrical connections (wire gauge size, fuse, proper terminations, EARTH points, live & neutral)
The problem may not surface overnight but future may be a hazard.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your view is nice. But beware of poisonous snakes, jungle cats, bee swarms etc. Danger is everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had a doberman before, they look fiercer than they are which is good....but you need to train them from young with a firm hand. They are extremely reliable and loyal.

My concern is with big dogs and whether they would bite baby head off, pardon the gross description. Of course with animals mean more living things to feed and take care of, higher expenses. Need to walk the dog, take long holidays need to put the dog somewhere, unless can train the dog to cook and feed itself when we are away for holidays???

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your view is nice. But beware of poisonous snakes, jungle cats, bee swarms etc. Danger is everywhere.

danger danger! what are we to do? oh my oh my! yesterday i park my car, next to it got big longkang.. danger to fall in! why they never cover? then i go eat at roadside hawker, DANGER they wash plate next to drain, get hepatitis B. stuck on traffic jam.. danger danger! car not moving, scared biker will stop to rob me and speed off. saw a few hornets this morning in a tree.. danger danger! why they never cut the tree.!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
danger danger! what are we to do? oh my oh my! yesterday i park my car, next to it got big longkang.. danger to fall in! why they never cover? then i go eat at roadside hawker, DANGER they wash plate next to drain, get hepatitis B. stuck on traffic jam.. danger danger! car not moving, scared biker will stop to rob me and speed off. saw a few hornets this morning in a tree.. danger danger! why they never cut the tree.!

Actually got nearly invisible killers out there like dengue/malarie infected insects sucking your blood if you stay too close to nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.