• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Peace bro both of you are long timers here.

Need you guys around amongst the, multitude of noobies here.

Today I've realized why out of the thousands who read this forum, only a few people care to be helpful and spend their time to reply and share things. It just doesn't pay to be helpful when others don't even appreciate. Even Wuqi has given up.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
malpaso, you have been a really nottiboy. I will need to spank you.

wonder if this will get deleted?

hey, wasn't my fault! i told the ICA goons to send the summons to my alternate address at that time and they didn't do it. luckily i had a dear fren who posted bail for me. sounds serious, hor? are you positive your posts were deleted?

lookie! my rep points got upped. to the person who wished me well, all same to you toooo :smile:

Last edited:

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are Legoland Annual Passes worth buying? Thinking hard whether to buy annual pass or one day tickets....

My family & I are currently annual pass holders. After going twice with my family, we all just got very bored with the place. Food inside the park is crap. Weather was either extremely hot or heavy thundery showers. Long queues at all the favourite rides. Now, parking need to pay.
FYI. The Legoland Water Park will open on 21 Oct. This is separate entry from the Legoland Theme Park.
If you have MayBank Card, there is a promo now till 22 Sep: RM195, RM150, RM150 (Adult, Child, Senior) for Theme Park only.
Premium (Theme Park + Water Park) is RM345, RM345, RM345 (Adult, Child, Senior).

Hope this helps.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry to heard that bro investor.:( I would love to share but still don't own any property yet except my brother. So mostly weekend of weekend will go in to sleep a night that just for relaxation. Im trying to explore more things in JB but still abit kia si driving SG plate car around. Coz I have so many incident when drive SG car either at Aeon mall oe some kopi shop sure got ppl look want...don't get me wrong I don't own luxury car just normal compact hatchback car.

That's why now we decided to buy JB car for moving around in JB or further. :smile:

Peace bro both of you are long timers here.

Need you guys around amongst the, multitude of noobies here.

Hi guys, anyway I only drop by once in a while to share photos of Living In JB. Here's another photo.

Oh DWKY9, I think people are not staring because you are driving a SG car, it's just a National pass time here :wink: Moreover, many who drive SG cars in Johor are Malaysian SPRs working in SG.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
My family & I are currently annual pass holders. After going twice with my family, we all just got very bored with the place. Food inside the park is crap. Weather was either extremely hot or heavy thundery showers. Long queues at all the favourite rides. Now, parking need to pay.
FYI. The Legoland Water Park will open on 21 Oct. This is separate entry from the Legoland Theme Park.
If you have MayBank Card, there is a promo now till 22 Sep: RM195, RM150, RM150 (Adult, Child, Senior) for Theme Park only.
Premium (Theme Park + Water Park) is RM345, RM345, RM345 (Adult, Child, Senior).

Hope this helps.

From the way you sounded it's like not worth a second or third visit. Really that bad ah? I will likely use M1 35% discount voucher then. Thanks!

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh DWKY9, I think people are not staring because you are driving a SG car, it's just a National pass time here :wink:

AFAIK, msians generally do not stare at people. triads are still active among chinese there. whatever it is, don't stare back. be safe! there could be other reasons, for eg, driving a really expensive car.

Photogguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whoever you are, there will always be someone looking at you....generally avoid eye contact with strangers unless you want to pick up girls....any eye contact with the wrong people will encourage them to approach you. They will start by asking you if you are from around the area, and will eventually ask you to follow them....and if you are silly enough to engage in the initial approach, its hard to back out..you need to be streetwise, and not give the impression that you are unsure of the place.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Today I've realized why out of the thousands who read this forum, only a few people care to be helpful and spend their time to reply and share things. It just doesn't pay to be helpful when others don't even appreciate. Even Wuqi has given up.

Not yet, i still do what little i can and focus on assisting real people who really need help in real life as too many fake clone accounts asking for help and then turning to accuse one of a multitude of things at the end of the day, it gets old really fast.

The thing about recommending folks and services is that, what works for you today may not be working for others tomorrow. Mileage always varies.
Speaking of mileage, it seems people change over time as well as one of the mechanics i recommended seemed to be over charging.

For cars from Korea, I remembered i did state before though, for Korean car parts, buy the parts in SG and use the labour in JB but it seems
for a certain mechanic, even the labour has gone up recently.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
What will happen if one day you discover that your kitchen and wc pipes lead to nowhere underground?

Happened to someone i know and i mentioned in the HH thread that it happened in one of the house there. So far, i am aware of only that one.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good info. Thanks.

The question here is where to get qualified electrician with good workmanship, and possible QC?

These are my observations from a electrical contractor:

-never read manual & electrical drawing

-never secure wirings although brackets are given

-don't bother to fully tighten the connections

-trial and error (neutral and live connections)

- never do thorough check and test after completion

- take easy way out (earth wire just hook on and twist)

- parts& accessories eg nuts/screws left over after installation

I pay special attention to aircon and water heater electrical connections (wire gauge size, fuse, proper terminations, EARTH points, live & neutral)
The problem may not surface overnight but future may be a hazard.

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys, anyway I only drop by once in a while to share photos of Living In JB. Here's another photo.

Oh DWKY9, I think people are not staring because you are driving a SG car, it's just a National pass time here :wink: Moreover, many who drive SG cars in Johor are Malaysian SPRs working in SG.

Hahah ok bro...thank u.!

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good advices about "How to stay safe and not sorry in Johor(Iskandar)"

Copied from the above link;

To Show You The Lurking Dangers In Johor & Any Where Else When Visiting Malaysia – Let Me Give You Some Real Live Examples:-

1) Mr. Chong was washing his car outside his house in Johor Jaya. While he was washing his car, he took off his shirt – showing off a thick gold chain. 2 men on a motor bike passed by. They stopped and asked for road directions and left. Minutes later they returned. Got off the bike and brandished a long sharp knife.
Pushed Mr. Chong into the house. Mr. Chong lost his thick gold chain and some cash. Otherwise unharmed but said these words, “It was my fault to display the gold chain in attracting robbers.” Yes, don’t flaunt your wealth unnecessarily.

2) Mr. Lim worked night shift in Singapore. In the morning he took a CW3 Bus from Jurong, Singapore to Taman Perling, Johor. It was 10 a.m. in the morning as he walked home – a short distance from the Main Road.
2 men on a motor bike stopped him on his track – took his cash, his hand phone his Malaysian Passport, his Driving License & his ID Card & left. He was frustrated not so much at the lost of money – more due to the hassle of applying a new Passport, a new ID Card & a new Driving License.

3) One Motor Repair Shop Boss in Taman Molek said, “My Shop has been robbed & broken into 3 times.” The 1st time was when he left the shop for a while. 6 men on 3 motorbikes arrived – rushed in and robbed his wife who was alone.
The total lost was over RM10,000. The 2nd time was at night when they had closed shop & left for home. Thieves stole a lorry & rammed open the front iron door shutters! And the 3rd time, after they had replaced the shutters with Stronger Material, thieves picked the door lock and entered – again at night.

4) In Plentong area, a Corner Shop house used as a 24 Hour Mamak Restaurant was robbed 7 times! Robbed between 2 – 4 am every time! They were six of them – One Malaysia! 2 Malays, 2 Chinese & 2 Indians.
That’s why they were called “One Malaysia Robbers!” And what did they robbed? All the cash in the Cash register. All the cigarettes on display. And All the Big Tins of Milo.

5) In Skudai Area one house that was left unattended to for a few weeks was robbed of its entire contents. One afternoon a Big Lorry arrived. Men casually took out the TV, Sofas, Furniture & Fittings, Washing Machine, Fridge, Air Cond, and All Other Removal Household Stuff & left.
Neighbors thought it was just another neighbor shifting home. When the Original owner returned from vacation he got the shock of his life! All Gone! Everything stolen!

6) One Business Woman withdrew RM12,000 Cash from the Bank. While she was driving along Austin Area she was followed by 2 motorbikes. At the traffic light junction – someone knocked at the side door.
Showed her a knife. They took from her the RM12,000. Someone must have watched her at the Bank and informed the robbers! (On Friday, when the men left for Mosques, robbers usually strike between 12 noon to 2.30 pm. Some Banks locked one glass door.)

7) Over In Nusajaya, Horizon Hills a group of Professional House Breakers would rent a house there. From their rented house they watched the houses that are left unattended for a considerable stretch of time.
Then they strike when the time is right. With their loot in the trunk of their car – and with electronic vehicle access card, they pass undetected. After making a killing they terminated tenancy and then moved off!

To another Gated & Guarded Community! And repeat the Same Trick! Where? Senibong Cove, East Ledang, Ledang Heights, Mulpha Leisure Farm & other “highly Secured” places are Probable targets. You see, danger is where you think you are safest. Complacency and carelessness sets in.

8) Of all Harrowing Experiences, this one is the worse. Over in Taman Flora Heights, Bandar Sri Alam, some years ago, thieves broke into a house one night during the wee hours. They woke up the panic stricken occupants. As the place was rather remote the robbers really took their sweet time.

After having taken Cash & whatever things of value from the owner, they told the owner to cook a meal for them as they were hungry. And after having eaten to their full they said, “We are leaving this knife(weapon) here and will be coming back someday for another robbery! The owner/tenant immediately shifted out the next day!

9) In Gelang Patah, Taman Nusa Prentis, One Hair Saloon Lady Boss said, “There are 6 Hair Saloons Around here – And all have been robbed before!” Then she shared her own experience. One day, when she was alone in the Shop, robbers brandished a knife. She immediately beckoned and said, “Take whatever you want. Don’t harm me. I will go to the back of the shop & pretend that I didn’t see anything or hear anything. And I also won’t shout or make any noise.” Life is precious. And money can be earned back.

10) At an Internet Gaming Shop in Kota Puteri, Masai, 4 Chinese men came in a small Kancil car. They took money from the Cash Register & also took away all the CCTV Cameras Installed to deter robbers. They continued operating for some time & when robbers stuck again, they closed shop for good finally!

11) At a 24 Hour Mini Market at Jalan Abdullah Tahir, JB CBD, 4 Indian Men came on 2 motorbikes at past mid night. They were still wearing their Crash Helmets when they struck! They took all the Cash from the Cash Register & All The Mobile Phone Top Up Cards! And the cigarettes! They only take portable stuff of value – leaving all other drinks & food stuff untouched. And they hit everywhere – All Mini Markets & 7 Eleven alike!

The entire scene was captured on CCTV Camera, downloaded on the Boss’ Camera phone.

THE “MODUS OPERANDI” OF THIEVES & ROBBERS.

1) WATCH OUT FOR MOTORBIKES!.

Usually In Pairs. Agile Young Adults On Bikes Going From Street To Sreet Looking For Opportunity To Rob & Steal. Those who carry hand bags are easy target. Once they snatch your purse, they will speed off! If you resist they will bring out their weapon! Be careful.

2) CUT DOWN THICK TREES & TRIM BUSHES NEAR YOUR HOUSE.

One Afternoon while our Church Group was visiting a Hospital, we met an injured Chinese man and asked him why he was in the hospital? (We have asked thousands but this was an interesting case!)

He said that his profession was “House Breaking”. He was frank as he shared his story. He said that he climbed a tree and sat on a big branch.

For days he watched the occupants of the particular house that he wanted to break into. How many cars or bikes enter in and out the house per day? What is the race?

How many adults and children? And how is the built of the men? Are they his match or his gang? You see, professional thieves are really professional. They are meticul0us.

Sometimes it take days and weeks before striking. However, while he watched long hours he fell asleep on the tree branch. Then he fell down and landed here on the hospital bed!

3) WHEN DRIVING, ALWAYS LOCK YOUR CAR.

Men on Bikes At Traffic Light Stop might suddenly open unlocked doors and take whatever they can. In a flash your handbag, hand phone & laptop & other valuable stuff are gone!

4) TRY NOT TO PARK IN DARK DESERTED AREAS. AND DON’T PUT ANY LAP TOP OR VALUABLE VISIBLE FOR CAR THIEVES.

5) INSTALL NIGHT LIGHTS IF YOU ARE AWAY FROM HOME.

They are inexpensive – around RM12 available at Giant Supermarket.

6) NEVER USE SHORT CUTS AT DESERTED BACK LANES AT ALL TIMES – DAY AND NIGHT – ESPECIALLY AT NIGHT! THIS IS THEIR TERRITORY!

7) GATED & GUARDED COMMUNITIES ARE SAFER. BUT DON’T TAKE THINGS FOR GRANTED.

Last edited:

pass84

Alfrescian
Loyal
You wont want to go there often, trust me. I bought annual for universal studios and went there once. Pathetic and waste of my money

Are Legoland Annual Passes worth buying? Thinking hard whether to buy annual pass or one day tickets....

pass84

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont believe robbers can pay RM 3000 deposit and another RM 3000 as rental just to rob houses in Horizon Hills lah. Waste of time and if they cant rob, their fixed cost will be wasted. Why not spend their money and time on Bukit Indah which are unguarded?

Status
Not open for further replies.