• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
how u guys compromise when left and right side neighbours wanted to repaint the shared fences? and i have to pay a fee for that too.
lessont learnt , next time buy landed , buy a bungalow !

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
how u guys compromise when left and right side neighbours wanted to repaint the shared fences? and i have to pay a fee for that too.

Supposedly the rule is first come first served. Who paints first, gets the colour. But if they want to paint their side of the shared fence in whatever colour, there's nothing you can do abt it.....

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Supposedly the rule is first come first served. Who paints first, gets the colour. But if they want to paint their side of the shared fence in whatever colour, there's nothing you can do abt it.....

so my front , left n right fences all diff col la ? looks like who reno later gets the col , i moved in first lor !

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
so my front , left n right fences all diff col la ? looks like who reno later gets the col , i moved in first lor !

You should tell them to follow the usual rule lor. If they dont, then your last resort is to ask them not to touch your side of the shared railing when they do painting....

If they refuse, the other more costly alternative is to erect a fence on your side of the shared railing....will make their shared railing look super ugly! haha

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Did all owners sign any 'Deed of Mutual Covenant'(if I got the name right) during purchase? If yes, they cannot change colour as they like. If they insist and do it without approval, look for facilities department people of your development to enforce the rules.

If your neighbours are reasonable people, I see that it is better to have such neighbours who care about maintaining their house then to have direct neighbours who let their units rot and unkept like haunted houses.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did all owners sign any 'Deed of Mutual Covenant'(if I got the name right) during purchase? If yes, they cannot change colour as they like. If they insist and do it without approval, look for facilities department people of your development to enforce the rules.

If your neighbours are reasonable people, I see that it is better to have such neighbours who care about maintaining their house then to have direct neighbours who let their units rot and unkept like haunted houses.

Autobots and Decepticons in making. :biggrin:

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's one of those things that put me off buying link/semi-d for own stay. Color is small problem. Wait till they start structural renos that raise half-party wall to full height blocking light ventilation etc, or extend upstairs balcony right up to front gate etc...headache. Having a Deed of Mutual Covenant helps - but just hope the enforcers actually enforce it!

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously, you've been having sleepless nights since taking over your Iskandar new house. Your grievances seem endless: cat's poo, weekly clean up, TV antenna, minor vehicle accidents and now, painting with neighbors.

Relax. Things cannot be 100% perfect in Malaysia. Like my autogate just got spoiled and I paid RM400 to repair, but still not perfect, due to lousy contractor. Earlier this year, I had already replaced its motor system costing me RM1,300. Now, I'll just have to live with it until it totally breaks down and then I'll consider a RM4,000 new gate altogether. All these are part and parcel of living in a landed property.

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

got DMC signed but was told not strata titled so ......

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously, you've been having sleepless nights since taking over your Iskandar new house. Your grievances seem endless: cat's poo, weekly clean up, TV antenna, minor vehicle accidents and now, painting with neighbors.

Relax. Things cannot be 100% perfect in Malaysia. Like my autogate just got spoiled and I paid RM400 to repair, but still not perfect, due to lousy contractor. Earlier this year, I had already replaced its motor system costing me RM1,300. Now, I'll just have to live with it until it totally breaks down and then I'll consider a RM4,000 new gate altogether. All these are part and parcel of living in a landed property.

ya lor. i wonder who caused my sleepless nights ah ? if most of them are considerate , wont hv such issues.
i also hv auto gate prob lor .....

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's one of those things that put me off buying link/semi-d for own stay. Color is small problem. Wait till they start structural renos that raise half-party wall to full height blocking light ventilation etc, or extend upstairs balcony right up to front gate etc...headache. Having a Deed of Mutual Covenant helps - but just hope the enforcers actually enforce it!

ya lor. so my complaints are let ppl know wat are e problems staying landed. cant always paint a nice pic how gd to stay in landed.

Geminipegasus

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is just the beginning. Wait until she gets a bit older with all the stresses and strains and have to run up and down to look for her hand phone and keys while rushing to go out .....

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is just the beginning. Wait until she gets a bit older with all the stresses and strains and have to run up and down to look for her hand phone and keys while rushing to go out .....

no need wait till older. now already experienced it liao, have to open so many doors before get into the house .

Status
Not open for further replies.