• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thought I would like to add that the reporter's little article was stupid. She's probably still very young and not savvy at all when it comes to investing. She will learn later on in life the meaning of "investment".

A side note I would like to share with the forummers here. I am a speedster so I tend to drive very fast on the Malaysian highways. Anyway, I was driving to and from the 2nd link yesterday when i noticed that my very wide and big profile MPV was "drifting" especially on the bridge. The cross winds must have been very strong and there are no tall buildings and trees to weaken the strength of the wind. So a friendly reminder to all, pls drive and travel safely - especially if you also drive a car with a big profile.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thought I would like to add that the reporter's little article was stupid. She's probably still very young and not savvy at all when it comes to investing. She will learn later on in life the meaning of "investment".

My friend was one of those interviewed. You're right. She is young and inexperienced in investment. Nevermind, a contrarian view may 'calm' down market a bit so we can still buy.

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal

My friend was one of those interviewed. You're right. She is young and inexperienced in investment. Nevermind, a contrarian view may 'calm' down market a bit so we can still buy.

She is the result of our education system. Belong to work and work group. No financial IQ. I used to be like her.

jamestan88

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are four categories of people:

a. those who are knowledgeable and know that they are so

b. those who are not knowledgeable and know that they are so

c. those who are knowledgeable and do not know that they are so

d. those who are not knowledgeable and do not know that they are so

Almost all materially successful people belong to category A.

The rest of materially successful people come from the hardworking subset in category B because through effort and hard work they migrate to category A.

Those from category C are not able to exploit their knowledge for their own gains and therefore fail to achieve what society terms as material success.

Those from category D are usually stuck there for quite a while, if not for most of their lives unless they encounter mentors who "wake" them up.

She is the result of our education system. Belong to work and work group. No financial IQ. I used to be like her.

Last edited:

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal
....so her editor is also in D?....otherwise need to add E.Those who are knowledgeable but couldn't care less their mentees get it right

Nicholas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will not be surprise everyone bought prior before June 2013 will make paper profit across Zone A and B.

Happy investing.

I've been wanting to ask this dumb question for a while now and I think I just got to pop this.. Please pardon me..
Where is the definition of Zone A and B?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Sharing some stories of some good people here.

A sister got given away by her parents due to a fortune tellers predictions and through an unfortunate chain of events. She turned out very ok but the neighbours who adopted her didn't give her an education. She ended up doing well and self taught herself English, etc and though she married and had kids early, she still worked her way up to a senior government position. Her brothers and sisters, when they were finally reunited went and bought her a house and gave her a piece of land. Really taught me the value of sharing.

A large agency boss shared with me his life story the other day. He told me the reason why he supported this developer was not because of money but because he was broke for most of his life and started life as an agent only in his late thirties. When he went for interviews, it was all done through buses. The boss gave him a chance and he did pretty well.

Later after a few months he got a car to speed up his access to his customers. His first car, a second hand, 4500 Proton Saga broke down only after 1 month. His car was stuck in the workshop and faced with no other choice, he was really very down. A very very kind soul (Mr Soh) then decided to help him out and lent him the 800 RM without question to fix the car. He never let Mr Soh down and supported him throughout. Until today, they are still close buddies and good business friends.

Another large agency, the lady boss, accepted and trained a former pub girl and went all out to help her, even passing the agent her own cases which were near to closure. She also helped her kick her habits and went on eventually through the training and teachings by her lady boss, eventually she became a lady boss in her own right.

A boss of a large agency, accepted a manual worker and groomed him to become top sales. The boss himself was groomed by a Datuk who always believed in giving people chances. I heard only good things about this Datuk so far and i am sure he is a good man in his own right.

I remain very humbled by the good i can see in people.

jamestan88

Alfrescian
Loyal
人之初,性本善

The seed of compassion is inherent in all human beings. We all have the potential for kindness and compassion.

However evil spreads far more easily. It takes the form of anger, jealousy, hatred, etc. It moves so fast that it creates a very efficient vicious cycle.

Edmund Burke once said "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing".

According to Buddha, we are now in the third and last age of the Dharma - 末法, the age in which the Dharma declines.

When Buddha was alive and teaching the Dharma, the Demon King saw the good that he was doing and in spite of his jealousy, could not do anything to stop Buddha.

However, he went to Buddha and told him. You are around and so your teachings are held more dearly and strongly by those that you are teaching. The day will come when you are no longer around and I will send my offspring to infiltrate your ranks. They will don the robes of monks and teach falsehoods. People will be unable to discern between the truth and the lies.

Buddha heard his words and a tear flowed down his cheeks in compassion for he knew it to be true.

As individuals, what can we do?

When the roots of our actions are good intentions, there is much good that can be derived for everyone else around us.

When the roots of our actions are evil and selfish intentions, much evil will arise from these actions.

A sister got given away by her parents due to a fortune tellers predictions and through an unfortunate chain of events. She turned out very ok but the neighbours who adopted her didn't give her an education. She ended up doing well and self taught herself English, etc and though she married and had kids early, she still worked her way up to a senior government position. Her brothers and sisters, when they were finally reunited went and bought her a house and gave her a piece of land. Really taught me the value of sharing.

A large agency boss shared with me his life story the other day. He told me the reason why he supported this developer was not because of money but because he was broke for most of his life and started life as an agent only in his late thirties. When he went for interviews, it was all done through buses. The boss gave him a chance and he did pretty well.

Later after a few months he got a car to speed up his access to his customers. His first car, a second hand, 4500 Proton Saga broke down only after 1 month. His car was stuck in the workshop and faced with no other choice, he was really very down. A very very kind soul (Mr Soh) then decided to help him out and lent him the 800 RM without question to fix the car. He never let Mr Soh down and supported him throughout. Until today, they are still close buddies and good business friends.

Another large agency, the lady boss, accepted and trained a former pub girl and went all out to help her, even passing the agent her own cases which were near to closure. She also helped her kick her habits and went on eventually through the training and teachings by her lady boss, eventually she became a lady boss in her own right.

A boss of a large agency, accepted a manual worker and groomed him to become top sales. The boss himself was groomed by a Datuk who always believed in giving people chances. I heard only good things about this Datuk so far and i am sure he is a good man in his own right.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would have been very happy to help the pub gal.

Inception

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've been wanting to ask this dumb question for a while now and I think I just got to pop this.. Please pardon me..
Where is the definition of Zone A and B?

See also this video from 3:10 onwards

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/59ugd06PZ3U?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm good deeds indeed, it may just be a small act or small sum to one but a big help to another. However, I think people when giving help like lending money must see first whether they can afford to lose the money. Only lend if can afford to lose the money.

Having worked in charity sector last time, I would say people do charity or kindness act not for nothing, they do get something in return, some do charity to get good karma, or just happiness, making friends/network and social interaction, tax credit, or even naming or bragging rights.

In SG, we have seen enough cases of people of different religions who could have started off doing charity with good intentions but eventually become helping themselves. So good people can become bad people too and people who preached religion may not be practising it themselves.

Inception

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who think condominiums can outperform landed property in Iskandar, below is a Singapore property chart from 1990-2011.

145022bwz6x8m10i516qxh.png

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
for those who think u can compare the performance of house price between singapore n iskandar,think again ;p

Well , dont under estimate the "Sinkie" effect hor. Didnt you notice they talk about Singapore / Iskandar economic tie in every speech by leaders of both side . Take away the Singapore effect , I am pretty sure Iskandar is still well in the 2010 price range maybe .

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
for those who think u can compare the performance of house price between singapore n iskandar,think again ;p

Many investors in Singapore have switched to Johor properties. The supply of landed cannot keep up with supply, and prices are soaring.

Status
Not open for further replies.