• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire3

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lah, I am ex-forex trader with a local bank.

I am more a trend reader.

Slightly better in FX, Precious Metal and properties.

Stock Market is not my cup of tea. Only have a few stocks vested.

Most of my retirement fund are profit from Singapore properties. 60% at least.

My strategy of 3-5 years and mx 7 years are for properties.
Eg. I bought The Sail units in 2005-2006 and sold in 2011-2012.

Bro, what's your read of UJ?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why I never believe in rental return, buy and hold, long term investment , etc etc strategy

My plan is in and out within 3-5 years, maximum 7 years. And that is it.
Only buy when price jumping to new level. Break out etc. capture the best move at shortest time.

Sell, cash in all the profit, invest in other asset classes or other area properties.

Like that must have very good timing and buy and sell the properties at the right time but i think even if people don't possess such ability still can buy properties and rent out/own stay, over the long term properties are okay investments when held over sufficient long period of time even if bought at the wrong time.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Uncle.....

命里有时终须有 命里无时莫强求。

That is why I always say TIME is more important than WEALTH.

Hence everyone is wealthy, just without knowing it.
Money buy a lot of thing, but ..........when time is up...... You leave and most of the time leave without a legacy.

I am passionate in investment, maybe obsess until a very extend.

In life, just do what will make you happy. And right now my happiness derive from buying a home in Johor Baru which I will retire in.

A place which no one know me. I just want to be alone and read thousand of books I have yet read.

Sg billionare's young son die at East M'sia suddenly. Some get wealth at young age but suffering at old age but some get wealth at old age with happiness. It depends on his merit count. Why Bhutan has extremely low crimes rate? How to make Iskanda a safe heven?

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is a book I read and cherish.

Timing the real estate market by Craig Hill.
This book is one of the top 5 most important book of my life.

If you do not time, you can buy in JB in 1983 and sold out in 2005 and miss the biggest bull market history of the whole Malaysia.

Buying in Penang andSingapore in 2012 when my mentor is selling.

If you do not time, you are just following the crowd. And that make you one of the herd......

It is like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Note: I usually leave the party early. I do not stay until everyone is drunk or a fight break out. (Timing in a layman term)

Like that must have very good timing and buy and sell the properties at the right time but i think even if people don't possess such ability still can buy properties and rent out/own stay, over the long term properties are okay investments when held over sufficient long period of time even if bought at the wrong time.

Last edited:

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal
A 84yrs old US lady (Gloria C. MacKenzie) from Zeohyrhills of Forida spend US $2 n strike US $7.38 billion during Big Draw at 18 June. The best investment in the universal. A gift from God of her good merit with care of safty n compassion. Why the criminals in Iskanda never strike draw to make it a safer place to leave?:*:
...poor fella who gave way to her must be banging his head......never pay to do a good deed in this case? Criminals possibly know better that not everyone can strike lottery.....but easier to strike lottery winners...so old lady beware....criminals from Iskandar will migrate to US liao.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On you.

I have place a bet and already bought Astaka.

You want to bet against , just buy EL and HH on current market price. And see who have more profit in 2016. i am sure you can afford the current price tag of RM4.5m.

Steady har. Be gentlemen and stick to the bet.

Who ever back out is Ah Kua.

How careless of you. If Lemans bet against you base on what you've said above, you will surely lose.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you do not time, you can buy in JB in 1983 and sold out in 2005 and miss the biggest bull market history of the whole Malaysia.

If you do not time, you are just following the crowd. And that make you one of the herd......

Note: I usually leave the party early. I do not stay until everyone is drunk or a fight break out. (Timing in a layman term)

True, buy and sell property at the wrong time has a devastating impact on one's life. Some people don't or can't do timing when buying property due to personal needs arising such as a roof over one's head, to get married, need bigger space when children come along, move for convenience to be near parents, to improve chances of getting into good schools, etc. Some people tried to do timing but timed wrongly. Anyway the point is if no ability to make fast and big money still can plod along and make small money via rental returns lor haha.. Btw just curious, can share what are the other top 4 most important books in your life?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Went to Puteri Harbour and Legoland yesterday. Traders Hotel is quite nice, it looks really simple on the ground floor because the grand reception area and a restaurant is on the 2nd floor. Olive Kitchen, a new restaurant which is facing the Public Marina in Puteri Harbour serves really delicious Indian food and the ambience is great too. Here are some photos;

Puteri Harbour
425318_10151519713169667_832505752_n.jpg

984050_10151519712904667_933449719_n.jpg

Olive Kitchen @ Puteri Harbour
936080_10151519713554667_92095214_n.jpg

Bottom: Goan Prawn Curry
Top right: Murg Tikka Butter Masala (Tender boneless chicken cooked in Tandoor and then simmered in... ...)
Top left: Garlic Naan.
All together: Heavenly combination :P''' Yummy!
942821_10151521564539667_847566468_n.jpg

Traders Hotel's reception area at 2nd floor
421372_10151519712669667_1740743412_n.jpg

Traders Hotel and Little Red Cube
936695_10151519711819667_208079218_n.jpg

Legoland Hotel
580200_10151521584364667_1754579196_n.jpg

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
On you.

I have place a bet and already bought Astaka.

You want to bet against , just buy EL and HH on current market price. And see who have more profit in 2016. i am sure you can afford the current price tag of RM4.5m.

Steady har. Be gentlemen and stick to the bet.

Who ever back out is Ah Kua.

On. Have you bought 2 units of Astaka?

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. Kondratieff Cycle aka The Major Economic Cycle (ca 1925)
Russian author is a Soviet economist Nikolai Kondratiev
2. Goldbugs - James Dines

Find this 2 first.
Not available in bookshop. I got my copy from James Dines directly.

True, buy and sell property at the wrong time has a devastating impact on one's life. Some people don't or can't do timing when buying property due to personal needs arising such as a roof over one's head, to get married, need bigger space when children come along, move for convenience to be near parents, to improve chances of getting into good schools, etc. Some people tried to do timing but timed wrongly. Anyway the point is if no ability to make fast and big money still can plod along and make small money via rental returns lor haha.. Btw just curious, can share what are the other top 4 most important books in your life?

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nice photos.

You are there for the new launch today?

Went to Puteri Harbour and Legoland yesterday. Traders Hotel is quite nice, it looks really simple on the ground floor because the grand reception area and a restaurant is on the 2nd floor. Olive Kitchen, a new restaurant which is facing the Public Marina in Puteri Harbour serves really delicious Indian food and the ambience is great too. Here are some photos;

Puteri Harbour
425318_10151519713169667_832505752_n.jpg

984050_10151519712904667_933449719_n.jpg

Olive Kitchen @ Puteri Harbour
936080_10151519713554667_92095214_n.jpg

Bottom: Goan Prawn Curry
Top right: Murg Tikka Butter Masala (Tender boneless chicken cooked in Tandoor and then simmered in... ...)
Top left: Garlic Naan.
All together: Heavenly combination :P''' Yummy!
942821_10151521564539667_847566468_n.jpg

Traders Hotel's reception area at 2nd floor
421372_10151519712669667_1740743412_n.jpg

Traders Hotel and Little Red Cube
936695_10151519711819667_208079218_n.jpg

Legoland Hotel
580200_10151521584364667_1754579196_n.jpg

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me qualify myself, there is no right or wrong but just a matter investment principle which I differs and rightly pointed out by shctaw that's due to our experience/perspective. Let me share my view:

I have always believe in buying based on location, location and location. My advice for young investors is not to punt like most would in the stock market. Property is not as liquid hence, it's for long haul.

My advice for property investment is two prong approach. Firstly, build a steady and sustainable stream of passive rentals. Secondly, invest for capital gain projects which will then allow you to further enhance your passive income stream.

Having said all that, I am not one who will look at timing the market (again not saying is wrong) but rather concentrate on the intrinsic value of the property (eg, location, accessibility, security, amenities, etc). Basically, "value investment" rather than following the herd too.

Again, most can see that me and shctaw have differing view point but these are just two options. Which is the right option, depends very much on your investment objectives and your risk appetite.

Cheers
N

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course you are right. Everyone have a different approach.

Maybe a near broke experience changes me. Just treat me like a "X-men without gut".

I read every word everyone type; learn them; analysise them and implement them if possible.

Thanks for sharing.

PS: I usually do not take in rental income as consideration due to my own condo in D15 been vacant for 5 months before. (after SARS 2004)
11605_247671818711204_1481509824_n.jpg

Let me qualify myself, there is no right or wrong but just a matter investment principle which I differs and rightly pointed out by shctaw that's due to our experience/perspective. Let me share my view:

I have always believe in buying based on location, location and location. My advice for young investors is not to punt like most would in the stock market. Property is not as liquid hence, it's for long haul.

My advice for property investment is two prong approach. Firstly, build a steady and sustainable stream of passive rentals. Secondly, invest for capital gain projects which will then allow you to further enhance your passive income stream.

Having said all that, I am not one who will look at timing the market (again not saying is wrong) but rather concentrate on the intrinsic value of the property (eg, location, accessibility, security, amenities, etc). Basically, "value investment" rather than following the herd too.

Again, most can see that me and shctaw have differing view point but these are just two options. Which is the right option, depends very much on your investment objectives and your risk appetite.

Cheers
N

Last edited:

jamestan88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very mature and thoughtful replies. Kudos to both of you.

Everything is relative. Only hindsight is 20/20. The profile of every investor is different and his investment strategy is fine-tuned for his own characteristics and personality.

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please do not over leverage.......

I did it once; and I almost die.

You can learn from other mistakes; you do not need to experience it personally.

dalailama-68dda31b5f302436c65ec9b553505d7a30204f49-s6-c30.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.