• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even as prices here in Sg doesn't come down, I just hope they (MY) don't chase us out anytime in future and I will be very happy already (almost retire). Also, sincerely wishing you and everyone here the very best in all your investments. HUAAAT AHHH!!!!! Ha ha!

Chase us out can go to Thailand on retirement or student visa, if the door is still open then..safest bet is still home country, if no other country to go have to come home lor..

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think can also consider spending few years in China, notwithstanding all the drawbacks. Less densely populated areas along yangtze, in Yunnan, Szechuan, lake towns in Suzhou, Zhejiang, huangshan, wudang shan, etc. i have not been to these places but they seem great in the series

http://m.youtube.com/#/results?q=遠方的家

Which gives a good overview of hundreds of locations in the vast China.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think can also consider spending few years in China, notwithstanding all the drawbacks. Less densely populated areas along yangtze, in Yunnan, Szechuan, lake towns in Suzhou, Zhejiang seem great too.

That is nice. Singaporeans can stay how long in China? Use what visa?

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal

When my grandma was still alive, I think she would go back for 1 month on a Hui (return) Xiang (village) zheng (visa). But you better check.

If I were to do it, I would get my Chinese friend to "hire" me for his company. That way, I get to live in China and can even buy a home in the resident city after 2 years.

One important thing to note is that the Chinese govt flip flops and changes their policies very often. So always check.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
In China, people you know will keep inviting you for lunch and dinners. And they will keep on toasting you with alcohol non stop and food will probably go wasting.
Don't drink will mean not giving them face. After a while, very sianz. For Chinese culture, what you say and do is very sensitive unlike western culture, very direct. Mind very stress if everyday like this. Ha ha.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

A Singaporean friend who works in hong kong has been living in Shenzhen last 15 years or so very much like Singaporean living in JB using short term visit pass valid for 30 days, that could be renewed by getting out and then back into China. This is easy if you live near Hong Kong or similar border immigration check points.

In addition to ways to stay in China suggested by other forumers here, I have known or heard of foreigners who get to stay on longer term doing charity or NGO works, teach English, sign up for kongfu or Buddhist classes at some shaolin or wudang temples, do small business, using similar means many foreigners use to stay in Singapore, etc. Sorry I do not know more comprehensively. I guess it is good to clarify with the Chinese embassy here.

江南水鄉-周莊 01
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WsIXmDY78a8

Last edited:

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the dear bros n sis and especially the good bro Wuqi who gave great tips and good advice regarding my recent predicament on the late interest charge of 12k by developer, need to thank you all again for helping and listening...
Just an update here since I managed to solve the matter amicably with the developer recently... I went straight to the CMO of uemland in kl, wrote her an email and voila... In 2 weeks, this got resolved and the charges were waived... It was really a relief for me so just thought I share my experience here... Thank you everyone...

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am wondering does UEM sell our info to property agents ? yesterday I got a call from JB agent asking me whether want to sell my end lot ....
Cant be my reno contractors as I only gave them jb number but this agent called my sg number ...
But he called at the wrong time so I ddint ask him more details.

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes crystal, it's for the el property. For p8, no choice it's banks fault, so we paid 2k to UEM but clawing back the money from uob now...

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes crystal, it's for the el property. For p8, no choice it's banks fault, so we paid 2k to UEM but clawing back the money from uob now...

Damn I may be in the same situation as you. Will PM u to check. Damn pissed with how the process to disburse bank monies have been so far.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Really busy today, helping out things with my wifes school while working and then loaned a friend a large amount as he had an emergency. Then still have to settle some legal matters as well as property/hotel purchase while helping out a friend with his tax issues. He is away on holiday in Europe and asked another friend for assistance in payment of comms to a friend and tax payment. So my neighbour will help pay his 16k while i will pay his taxes.

All have to be done today and my own taxes in SG/MY i haven't even filed yet.

Please pardon me if there are any delays in responding to PMs for contractor, painters. If there are anyone posting commercials or ads, please continue to refer them to me. Thanks everyone.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi,
You macham own a 'company of sorts' (I can't find a suitable name yet) all under one roof, taking care of insiders and outsiders, local and foreign. You are such a good friend to have...有錢出錢,有力出力, you are both, so very kind and helpful. Hard to find somebody like you nowadays. Do take care!

Really busy today, helping out things with my wifes school while working and then loaned a friend a large amount as he had an emergency. Then still have to settle some legal matters as well as property/hotel purchase while helping out a friend with his tax issues. He is away on holiday in Europe and asked another friend for assistance in payment of comms to a friend and tax payment. So my neighbour will help pay his 16k while i will pay his taxes.

All have to be done today and my own taxes in SG/MY i haven't even filed yet.

Please pardon me if there are any delays in responding to PMs for contractor, painters. If there are anyone posting commercials or ads, please continue to refer them to me. Thanks everyone.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
OMG , dun expect msia minister salaries are in this scale only , no wonder they eat XX....

Msia PMO salary_n.jpg

LordEthan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello guys I'm a Malaysian living in KL. I came across this forum while browsing around for Iskandar properties as my mother in law living in JB.Loving the banters between forummers and info provided here so I join this forum :smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
When my grandma was still alive, I think she would go back for 1 month on a Hui (return) Xiang (village) zheng (visa). But you better check.

If I were to do it, I would get my Chinese friend to "hire" me for his company. That way, I get to live in China and can even buy a home in the resident city after 2 years.

One important thing to note is that the Chinese govt flip flops and changes their policies very often. So always check.

A Singaporean friend who works in hong kong has been living in Shenzhen last 15 years or so very much like Singaporean living in JB using short term visit pass valid for 30 days, that could be renewed by getting out and then back into China. This is easy if you live near Hong Kong or similar border immigration check points.

In addition to ways to stay in China suggested by other forumers here, I have known or heard of foreigners who get to stay on longer term doing charity or NGO works, teach English, sign up for kongfu or Buddhist classes at some shaolin or wudang temples, do small business, using similar means many foreigners use to stay in Singapore, etc. Sorry I do not know more comprehensively. I guess it is good to clarify with the Chinese embassy here.

江南水鄉-周莊 01
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WsIXmDY78a8

Thanks, will keep that in mind.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
In China, people you know will keep inviting you for lunch and dinners. And they will keep on toasting you with alcohol non stop and food will probably go wasting.
Don't drink will mean not giving them face. After a while, very sianz. For Chinese culture, what you say and do is very sensitive unlike western culture, very direct. Mind very stress if everyday like this. Ha ha.

That reminds me of one PRC gal in my ex-company, she likes to pretend can't drink but when come to drinking can drink alot haha..

Status
Not open for further replies.