• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny lapses to share:

The postman at my area....... thinks i am the local HH counterpart for POS. .... ....

Got a corporate line with data plan with Celcom.... Imagine the shock when we saw a bill .........

After more than 2 hours of calling, finally someone seems a little inclined to help but ......

Wuq, u really have a big heart to call these xperiences funny. If they were to happen to me , I would be stomping mad :mad: n spouting steam tru my ears n nostrils n turn from Mstrii to Medusa.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wuq, u really have a big heart to call these xperiences funny. If they were to happen to me , I would be stomping mad :mad: n spouting steam tru my ears n nostrils n turn from Mstrii to Medusa.

Thanks MsTrii, no point getting angry. I have try to become more patient these days.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Welcome and sorry to correct you - I do not think all of us "escape from our small island", we are not a bunch of renegades.

Definitely agree, some are just here to escape albeit briefly from the maddening crowd and not treating it like Hotel Singapura:

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is the best traveling time in out both crossway? It horrify me with the long jams n aggressive driver cutting queue at custom. Why M'sian cuatom open less booth during peak hrs? How to be weekend home since the jam geting worst?

I travel out every morning at 7.00 plus and going back around 5.00 plus to 6.00 pm for work at Tuas. Once I travellef out on Saturday through woodlands Causeway and got stucked. I got horrified by this experience though I have use woodlands Causeway occasionally and no jam. But after this, I rather pay more to use 2nd link as I don't want to get stucked in jam. Tuas link is jammed during school holidays and super long weekend when many singaporeans families will take off to Malaysia for holidays. During these days, have to plan travel during odd hours to avoid the heavy traffic.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey bbbear

u have lobang for grilles contractor ?

hi crystal, it has been awhile since I posted. congrats on your VP. If need help, just let know.

by the way pls find the number for grille contractor Ah Ming (+6012 7136 3441 & +6017 777 2648) . This is a husband-wife team who are humble and do a good job for reasonable price. They also have a pal who does autogate without changing your gate, saves money. I hope their services still good, they did for me five months ago.

I even entrusted them my house key when I could not be there and they work well with my other contractors. Most important was my elecrical guy. Anyway I hope by now you already have progressed to complete the house. Happy weekend :smile:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi contra, thanks for e info..

yes , i will be using e same electrrician which u n grago had used before. gg to finalise n latest to start my reno mid apr n hopefully ready by june.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi contra, thanks for e info..

yes , i will be using e same electrrician which u n grago had used before. gg to finalise n latest to start my reno mid apr n hopefully ready by june.

Thats nice. chong has coordinated well with ah ming. they are both trustable.
Experience has been leak happens; it did in my house. Keep Defect Notification Forms (DNF) well. Never know when you need to exercise the witholding of the last 5%. I had to be patient many times with township as they rely on contractors who are normally s busy in the property boom. But the DNF is the real leverage. Happy reno!

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday went to see my lawyer with regard to the signing of Sales and purchase agreement. There was a form for us to sign that we understood that the state levy might increase to 30K in anytime. So we might need to pay 30 K instead of 10K in worse case scenario.

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to CitySquare yesterday to see my lawyer. Is was a first time I went there. Sat at the Subway restaurant for my lunch and was surprised to see the crowds. I felt that I was in our Orchard Shopping centre. OMG, it was a working friday and it was not even JB's public holiday. Who are these people?

Was surprised that parking fee was RM12 for about 5 hours.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday went to see my lawyer with regard to the signing of Sales and purchase agreement. There was a form for us to sign that we understood that the state levy might increase to 30K in anytime. So we might need to pay 30 K instead of 10K in worse case scenario.

Every Asian country is doing their utmost to manage the inflow of hot money. What Malaysia is doing now would help to build a more sustainable environment.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to CitySquare yesterday to see my lawyer. Is was a first time I went there. Sat at the Subway restaurant for my lunch and was surprised to see the crowds. I felt that I was in our Orchard Shopping centre. OMG, it was a working friday and it was not even JB's public holiday. Who are these people?

Singaporeans and Singapore PRs?

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal

We are seeing the 'Singapore' phenomenon.....:rolleyes: There are lots of Singaporean daily in JB, more so when there's a SG public holiday. The trick for those living in JB, is to "blend in" or one stands out like a 'sore thumb' therefore a "potential victim". So don't be 'flash' BUT "dress down" and don't draw attention to oneself. Even in City Square, be alert and down go to quiet corners of the Mall by oneself if possible....

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal

i hope not...:( bad news!! may derail plans to get a home.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
i hope not...:( bad news!! may derail plans to get a home.

Yes bad news. But I heard from an agent that it may be rm 20k, another told me not to worry as rumour has been around for some time. This coming from lawyer may indicate more truth to the matter. I think Klang Vally no state tac or very low one.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes bad news. But I heard from an agent that it may be rm 20k, another told me not to worry as rumour has been around for some time. This coming from lawyer may indicate more truth to the matter. I think Klang Vally no state tac or very low one.

My guess is earliest imposition of higher levy should be after the Danga Bay project by Temasek is mostly sold. Medini might be spared.

Status
Not open for further replies.