• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
because I have business interests in the property sector, from time to time, i will hear news from various property players.

just sharing some updates on a no-name basis. i was asked for my views on a piece of land in Kempas and Danga Bay. My views on that piece of land was negative (over priced, etc). As for the Danga Bay piece of land... even before I had a chance to look at it, it was sold; so was that piece of land in Kempas.

It seems everything is selling and moving and developing in Iskankandar. Genuine interest or speculative??? Draw your own conclusions.

Fair comment, certain parts are definitely speculative and i would say quite a fair bit. Others however do have its own draw and i am sure you would know certain areas have been re-zoned, etc which would help a bit but definitely there are areas as well as types of properties that i will seldom be keen on. There is a large corporation grabbing certain types of properties though and what was surprising was that it was local rather than foreign.

Have seen a lot of properties change hands as well as some who are keen on other types of properties spike recently. Looking long term, hope it doesn't go too high and be unaffordable to the next generation, have a good bro who has not contacted me for years but suddenly remembered i have property in JB and wants to visit this Sunday.

I told him most developments are out or have filled up their 30% foreign quota yet he still wants to come. Shall bring him to a few developments to have a look. Meanwhile, was helping 2 friends today with buying some property, managed to get them some discounts surprisingly though at this stage.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here's why everyone's crazy about investing in Iskandar, Malaysia
23 Singapore firms are scrambling for it.
MARKETS & INVESTING | Staff Reporter, Singapore
Published: 18 Mar 13

Acording to CIMB, Iskandar's proximity and lower operating costs (labour, utilities, rentals etc.) are its two main appeals to Singapore companies. Given the ongoing restructuring of Singapore’s economy, small and medium enterprises (SMEs) have been foraging for ways to mitigate rising costs of doing business in Singapore.

CIMB adds, the Association of Small and Medium Enterprises (ASME) has been in talks with Malaysian developers to build an industrial park in Johor's Iskandar region. Twenty three Singapore firms have expressed interest in the project.

The planned ASME industrial hub will occupy about 50 ha of land.

Here's more:

Moving at least part of their manufacturing and logistics operations across the Causeway could offer SMEs some respite, while staying within the supply chain of their customers.

Not surprisingly, Singapore manufacturers have been the biggest foreign investors in Iskandar in recent years. We believe the trend will continue, especially given persistently rising costs and the tightening of foreign labour in Singapore.

Johor’s proximity to Singapore makes it particularly attractive to SMEs which supply services and goods to MNCs based in Singapore but are squeezed by rising labour and other costs here.

At Setia Business Park, an eco-friendly industrial park built by SP Setia, 60% of its clients by investment value are from Singapore. SGX-listed snack maker, Old Chang Kee, is among the Singapore firms known to have operations there. Even companies from elsewhere have been attracted to Iskandar. Taiwan’s Foxconn Technology Group, best known for making iPhones and iPads for Apple, has set up a factory in Indahpura Industrial Park.

In recent years, more than 3,500 Singapore businesses have set up shop across the Causeway in Iskandar with a total investment of more than RM5bn as at Jun 12. Over 70% of the businesses are SMEs Fishing-equipment supplier, Hong Guan, started operations in its Iskandar warehouse in May.

At twice the size of its warehouse in Singapore, Hong Guan's 14,800 sf freehold space cost about S$900,000. Its local warehouse will be shut down.

Singapore-based, privately-owned Link (THM) Holdings will be purchasing 5.9ha of land from Global Capital & Development, the concession holder of Medini Iskandar that represents Iskandar Investment Berhad and Mubdala, the Abu Dhabi Government Investment Company.

Link intends to build a mixed development called Media Village@ Medini Iskandar, to be completed in three phases over five years. Gross development value of the project could exceed S$1bn.

The development site has been earmarked for a media village designed to support Pinewood Studios, a US$150m film and television production facility that is projected to create over 3,000 jobs.

http://sbr.com.sg/markets-investing...es-crazy-about-investing-in-iskandar-malaysia

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
because I have business interests in the property sector, from time to time, i will hear news from various property players.

just sharing some updates on a no-name basis. i was asked for my views on a piece of land in Kempas and Danga Bay. My views on that piece of land was negative (over priced, etc). As for the Danga Bay piece of land... even before I had a chance to look at it, it was sold; so was that piece of land in Kempas.

It seems everything is selling and moving and developing in Iskankandar. Genuine interest or speculative??? Draw your own conclusions.

This year the JB property market is going crazy.

Ferrariman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have 3 quotations from 3 different contractors. Between the cheapest and middle one about 7k difference. Im not considering the expensive one. Middle one seems to have more EQ, seems better educated than the regular contractor. Any advice????

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have 3 quotations from 3 different contractors. Between the cheapest and middle one about 7k difference. Im not considering the expensive one. Middle one seems to have more EQ, seems better educated than the regular contractor. Any advice????

do yr homework, check their workmanship of e 3. $ may not e measurement after all. Nothing for nothing and very little for a half penny.

AADC6970

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro wuqi, you have created many new threads on the different areas/townships. is there limited interest from fellow forumers in setia eco gardens, thus you did not create one for it?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
bro wuqi, you have created many new threads on the different areas/townships. is there limited interest from fellow forumers in setia eco gardens, thus you did not create one for it?

There is one actually if I remember, feel free to create if its not there though. I created the others on behalf of folks. Sleeping early today as I have gone without sleep for days. Just now a glass burst in my hands after I filled it with hot water. Luckily didn't get burnt or cut as the hot water and glass sprayed the other way.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Zaobao 23 Mar 13

Cheque clearing charges will be imposed from next year April, starting from 50 sen per cheque and will be increased to Rm3 per cheque in 2020. Charges for Bank transfer via internet will be reduced from Rm2 to 10 sen from May this year, to encourage users to switch to internet banking.

E60BFAE9-B54A-45B1-AACB-3B91FF27A8F2-6388-000007C8EEEE10B7_zps64d97799.jpg

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi wuqi256, i am new to the forum as the Ujana owner. Pls advice how to post the new therad instead of reply on the forum. I hv so much to share n listen from all friends who escape from our small island.

Healthylife is stressless, Healthylife is peace & happiness.

Welcome and sorry to correct you - I do not think all of us "escape from our small island", we are not a bunch of renegades.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Funny lapses to share:

The postman at my area lumped mails from a lot of neighbours into my home. I guess now even the postman thinks i am the local HH counterpart for POS. In the end, as i saw from the envelope that some of the letters were over due and marked overdue, i quickly went to put them into their rightful mailbox. Went to each and every house and put it into each and every one of their mailboxes. Popped in letters for over 10 houses yesterday and already a few times. Got scolding from my wife as dinner was cold by the time i was done.

Got a corporate line with data plan with Celcom. Went to their reseller at Johor Jaya to sign up. After signing up, happily started using. Imagine the shock when we saw a bill for 3k and after discount, it was still 250 RM. Called Celcom and they refused to help, referring us back to the branch, when we tried calling her, we were given the run around and was told that she had already left the company. Then finally, after being directed to a fax machine, finally reached a live person.

After more than 2 hours of calling, finally someone seems a little inclined to help but she doesn't speak any English so i took over and explained very patiently and in the end, she will check and call us back. Lets see how this goes.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hello all bro, sister, horrify traffic jams at woodland n tuas crosssway n agressive drivers cutting queue at peak hrs & M'sia custom open limited booths. What is the best travel time on week day n holiday. God bless y all...

Unearthly hours and even then its not a guarantee especially during holiday period. Else normally going via the 2 links before 6am is usually pretty safe or after 9pm. Else leave and reach the customs before 4.30pm or leave at 5am to be doubly sure.

Thats why some of the forummers here are working doubly hard to scare people away and i guess i understand their reasons.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi wuqi256, i am new to the forum as the Ujana owner. Pls advice how to post the new therad instead of reply on the forum. I hv so much to share n listen from all friends who escape from our small island.

Healthylife is stressless, Healthylife is peace & happiness.

I am your neighbour at Ujana. So are you staying at Ujana or just a weekend home or planning to rent out?

Status
Not open for further replies.