• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mu8811

Alfrescian
Loyal
My take on the HSR, RTS and 3rd link project as follows:-

HSR: Improves Najib's prospects with urban voters in KL, Negri Sembilan, Malacca and Johor. The preliminary SG location is Tuas, which would kill the time savings. The rail in SG should be underground and terminate in Marina Bayfront or Tanjong Pagar. If well planned, customs clearance wont be an issue, as noted in today's straits times article for other cities. As this is mainly for business & leisure travel, the best solution is for this to end in the heart of the city.

RTS: Aecom was awarded the project in May and work was rumoured to be completed in Nov'11. Why the delay over the announcement of underground or overhead link then? I feel there are 2 possibilities. First, Najib is waiting for March dissolution to announce the decision. This ties in with Channel 8's report that the decision could be made in 1 mth time. 2nd, Malaysia prefers underground but SG prefers overhead for cost and other consideration (more road linkages can better protect PSA). So both sides have 1 year to negotiate on this.

3rd link: This is the most disappointing development. To ease the causeway congestion, they either need to build extra lanes/booth or create a new link. Currently it takes an hour to clear both sides during peak periods, which is really too long. Hopefully work can commence faster in this aspect....
Pls build 3rd for lorry and motorcircle enough ! Bc if woodland and tuas check point only car can go through is shall not take long time ! Custom people dun open only one lane to let car exit!!

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any kind soul can tell whether is there any MACS counter in the malls now?? Thks

dun have coz now very convenient to do at the custom .... drive and keep left when gg to jb custom (fr singapore to jb) and after custom clearance , park at side and u can find e office there to do ....

Sg_JB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, Maybe no power in some places tomorrow...

Power disruption due to upgrading works at sub-station
Posted on February 20, 2013 - The Star Property News.

JOHOR BARU: Several housing estates and industrial parks in and around the Johor Baru district will experience power disruption on Feb 21, from 3am until 5pm.

In a press statement released by Tenaga Nasional Bhd, the disruption is caused by the maintenance and upgrading works at the main sub-station in Bukit Indah.

The affected areas are Jalan Persiaran Indah and Jalan Indah in Taman Bukit Indah, Jalan Ceria and Jalan Idaman in Taman Nusa Indah and the entire area of Horizon Hills. Others are from Jalan Silat Gayong to Jalan Silat Gayong 2 in Taman Nusa Bestari 2, Jalan Duta Utama in Taman Nusa Duta, Jalan Bestari in Taman Nusa Bestari and Jalan Idaman in Taman Nusa Idaman.

Residents and businesses affected by the disruption could contact TNB Customer Care at 1-5454.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, Maybe no power in some places tomorrow...

Power disruption due to upgrading works at sub-station
Posted on February 20, 2013 - The Star Property News.

JOHOR BARU: Several housing estates and industrial parks in and around the Johor Baru district will experience power disruption on Feb 21, from 3am until 5pm.

In a press statement released by Tenaga Nasional Bhd, the disruption is caused by the maintenance and upgrading works at the main sub-station in Bukit Indah.

The affected areas are Jalan Persiaran Indah and Jalan Indah in Taman Bukit Indah, Jalan Ceria and Jalan Idaman in Taman Nusa Indah and the entire area of Horizon Hills. Others are from Jalan Silat Gayong to Jalan Silat Gayong 2 in Taman Nusa Bestari 2, Jalan Duta Utama in Taman Nusa Duta, Jalan Bestari in Taman Nusa Bestari and Jalan Idaman in Taman Nusa Idaman.

Residents and businesses affected by the disruption could contact TNB Customer Care at 1-5454.

It means population is going up and this leads to higher electricity demand in those mentioned areas. Electricity demand and prosperity in the area are highly correlated. Property prices will therefore go up as well.

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder the probability of the third road link built on the east side(Desar) since IM west and IM central already served by tuas and woodland links.

Unlikely, the human crowd are way low at that area, it is definitely not cost effective for them to do that, if there will be another 3rd link via land, possible to be in the middle of the current 1st and 2nd link....

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
My wife just called me to say that there is still power over there but not sure when exactly will there be a power cut over.

Been through a lot lately, family matters and more problems caused by an ex employee which ended up we had to raise pay and pay a lot of bonuses to all the staff.
Coupled with that, some shares that i held took a huge nose dive recently and had a close friend who still did not pay me back for a loan in January.

Now, I have to fly out a lot more and have been tasked with new responsibilities/projects recently. Have to take things as they come as the work just got a
lot more.

Feeling bad for my kids, recently i bought a lot of toys and made it a point to play and spend more time with them, especially outdoor time. Quality time is not
as important as quantity time and wife has complained that i have not been spending enough time with them.

Trying to spend as much time with them as possible before my new responsibilities kicks in. Hopefully this year will be a good one for all of us.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Seen a serious lot of accidents recently, some old chap was swerving around in his car around Boon Keng road area. Then another car narrowly missed a cyclist as he was talking on his phone while cycling across a green light in Jurong. Then someone knocked into several cars in my old neighbourhood and just drove off in the night. Yet in HH, recently a tree got pushed down by a lady driver, then a motorcyclist got injured when he didn't notice a barrier and crashed into it. I think it is a busy time for all insurers.

Please be careful, encountered a lot of last second turns recently myself as it seems a lot of folks are preoccupied or have something on their minds. Their focus definitely not on the roads.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Just recently, someones window got smashed in around Tebrau and feeling bad for them, we gave them a small token. Please ladies, no large branded bags and laptops on the front passenger seat or even in the back.

Please keep your valuables well and not in open view even when leaving the car for a moment.

Booga

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please keep everything(handbags, laptop, any paper bags or plastic bags filled with anything inside) in your booth at all time.
Recently a lot of cases in KL area, window being smash while waiting at the traffic lights for handbags, wallet and hp & ipad.
Desperate will just smash the window if they see anything in the passenger seat to check if it is valuable.
Remember to lock your car once you get into the car.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just recently, someones window got smashed in around Tebrau and feeling bad for them, we gave them a small token. Please ladies, no large branded bags and laptops on the front passenger seat or even in the back.

Please keep your valuables well and not in open view even when leaving the car for a moment.

And I just bought a house at Tebrau :*:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Just sharing some pictures of places of travel, apologies as they are not well taken (using camera phone)

2012-09-04 18.08.03.jpg2012-09-14 15.30.22.jpg2012-09-14 15.30.29.jpg2012-09-14 15.31.35.jpg2012-09-14 15.31.38.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.